April 18, 2024, 04:29:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Foot Dragging On the Border Fence..."  (Read 1062 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 20, 2010, 03:03:54 AM »

"Foot Dragging On the Border Fence But Billions for Fences Along Our Highways"
American poet Robert Frost wrote, "good fences make good neighbors" in his poem "Mending Wall." At first blush you would think Frost meant it literally. However, the poet reminds us that before a fence can be seen as a "good fence," there must be a good reason and need for the fence being erected in the first place. Certainly I hope we all agree that the Berlin wall  was not a "good fence" as it was both offensive and oppressive. But, there are instances where in fact, fences can and do make good neighbors.

...Fencing is not required to keep Americans from leaving it is necessary to prevent persons from entering our country without invitation or permission.

Is highway noise a more dangerous national security threat than a safe and secure national border? I think not!

Jon Dougherty of Worldnetdaily.com recently reported that the Federal Highway Administration stated that most highway fencing are constructed of concrete or masonry block and range from 9-16 feet in height and cost between $175 and $200 a square meter for product.

According to the American Association of State and Highway Transportation Officials there are "more than 2,630 linear miles of sound barriers, (fencing), along U.S. highways at a cost of $1.4 billion dollars."

Remember the opposition to Israel's decision to erect border fencing along the border of the Palestinian Territory? The fact is that since Israel did erect its border fencing, Israel managed to reduce terrorist attacks by ninety-five percent.

All parties, Americans, Canadians and Mexicans should agree, "high border fences make good neighbors." It is in the best interests of all parties
that they have command and control over their own land and especially their borders. Real and present dangers require America to have secure borders. It is not a question of where or not to do it. If our neighbors will not help us, then we need to spend the necessary funds to do it ourselves.

If given the choice between highway noise and a secure national border I have to believe Americans will opt for a more secure border every time.

I think there's plenty of unspent stimulus/recovery money that could be put to good use building a good fence.

more here - http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/09/17/bradley-blakeman-border-fence-immigration-highways-robert-frost/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.