March 29, 2024, 02:52:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...making sure that I can put my money where the government can't steal it..."  (Read 1648 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 20, 2010, 03:08:42 AM »

"Miller: Rising Federal Debt is Unconstitutional"

The federal government
's continued expansion and rising indebtedness is unconstitutional, Alaska Senate candidate Joe Miller said Sunday, arguing that the direction the nation is going -- and that his rival Sen. Lisa Murkowski is headed -- "is a dead-end road."

On Social Security, Miller, 43, said the money he has paid into the system has been stolen from him because with a $13.4 trillion debt and trillions more in obligations, those funds aren't going to be there for him in the future.

But, he added, elderly recipients like his lower middle-class parents have got to continue to depend on it as their primary source of income.

"Our seniors have got to have the trust and security that those benefits are going to be paid, even those that are getting ready to receive.  Obviously, there's a contract.  It's got to be upheld," he said.

For others, including individuals and the states, looking at other options will not only help return the country toward solvency but will reduce federal government intrusion.

"I think making sure that I can put my money where the government can't steal it is a very critical factor that has got to be considered," he said.

more here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/19/miller-rising-federal-debt-unconstitutional/

How much money was spent bailing out European Fat Cats through the AIG pass-throughs?  Fat Cats that didn't take a 'hair cut'? 

Anyone know their names yet?  Any chance the foreign banks/special interests have to file a 1099 so we know where the money went and they can't avoid taxes?

Maybe Obama should find a way to tax dark pool money and money the Federal Reserve gives away to foreigners and special interests?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.