April 26, 2024, 12:06:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve D. Broadaway 45, msg. 2/15/06 Greensboro NC  (Read 6912 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 20, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »

News & Record (Greensboro, NC) 
September 19, 2010 Sunday

Wife seeks closure with missing mate

GREENSBORO - From time to time, Tonie Broadaway pulls out her old telephone and listens to her voice mail.

The messages are 4 1/2 years old. The sounds are her husband, Steve, the last time she heard from him.

She misses him - so much that she can't bear to hear certain songs on the radio and she keeps his hairbrush, a strand of hair still attached.

Steve Broadaway disappeared Feb. 15, 2006.

"There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him," she said. "To have someone ripped out of your life - that's tough. It's been an emotional roller coaster."

Steve Broadaway, 45, vanished late that night after he reportedly walked out of the now-closed Becky's Bar and Grill in the 2700 block of North Church Street north of Cone Boulevard. He had been drinking after visiting a friend at Moses Cone Hospital.

Tonie Broadaway dropped him off at the hospital that afternoon. She was supposed to pick him up after she made a quick trip to Reidsville.

She believes he was mad that she didn't get back quickly enough. According to messages he left for her, he decided to walk north on Church Street.

Tonie Broadaway couldn't find him. She went to their Browns Summit home and figured he would call when he was ready.

"I was giving him time to cool off," she said. "I knew he couldn't get far on the $20 he had on him. I figured he would be fine."

When he didn't come home and couldn't be reached, she reported him missing to police.

Greensboro police have investigated, but the leads have gone nowhere. No crime scene has been found to investigate. There are only a few witness accounts from people who recalled seeing him at the bar.

There's not enough evidence to suggest foul play, according to Detective Tim Parrish.

Police have canvassed the area, sent divers into nearby lakes and followed up on several leads throughout the region, but they continue to come up empty. So have searches by the Broadaways' friends and family.

"We have had lots of information come in over the past few years of things that could have happened, and we have responded to them the best we could," Parrish said. "It's frustrating. You do everything you can."

Parrish said all possibilities remain open as to what may have happened. Investigators continue to follow any leads they receive. When an unidentified body or remains are found, they consider him.

"The bad thing is, we don't know if something has happened to him," Parrish said. "We don't know if a death has occurred. We don't have a (crime) scene. We have no forensic evidence to work with."

Tonie Broadaway said she's realistic about her husband's fate.

"My thinking is that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and something happened," she said.

"He will be found. I hope that they can tell what happened to him and there will be enough to tell who did it to him. We want closure."

Contact Ryan Seals at 373-7077 or ryan.seals@news-record.com

WANT TO HELP?

Steve Broadaway is described as a white man,

5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing 155 at the time of his disappearance. He was last seen wearing a green flannel shirt, a T-shirt, jeans, a light color baseball cap and work boots.

Anyone with information about his disappearance is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 373-1000. Callers remain anonymous and are eligible for cash rewards.

Steve Broadaway disappeared in 2006, but police have no solid leads in the case. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1266600392&start=5

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/broadaway_steve.html

can't copy.....will look for another photo

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »

From 2006

Relatives Ask For Help Finding Missing Man
 Frank Mickens    Created:  2/26/2006
Greensboro, NC -- Relatives of a man who went missing more than a week ago think you can help bring him home.

The people looking for Steve Broadaway say he disappeared on February 15 after visiting a friend in the hospital.

Saturday, friends and family searched the area where he was last seen.

His wife says she dropped him off at cone hospital and never heard from him again.

Tonie Broadaway joined the search near Becky's Bar on North Church Street which is the last place someone reported seeing him.

"I don't know i don't have a clue. I just hope he hasn't gotten hit, stumbled off in the woods. I mean I've been thinking everything," she said.

Steve Broadaway was last seen wearing a green flannel shirt, jeans, a light-colored cap and workboots.

If you know where he might be call the Greensboro Police Department.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local_state/article.aspx?storyid=58509

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 02:28:09 PM »

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: February 15, 2006 from Greensboro, North Carolina
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: February 10, 1961
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length hair, Tattoo of
an eagle on shoulder and feathers on right calf
Clothing: He was last seen wearing a green flannel shirt and blue
jeans. Work boots. Light colored cap
Dental: Available
Fingerprints: Available
Case Number: 2006-0220-226
NCIC Number: M126204191
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Steve was last seen by his wife on 2-5-2006 as she dropped him off at Moses Cone Hospital to visit a friend that evening. There were reported later sightings at Hams Restaurant and Becky's Bar & Grill.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Greensboro Police Department
Crime Analyst Gina Battles
336-373-2220
Source Information
NamUs
http://www.nampn.org/cases/broadaway_steve.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.