March 28, 2024, 08:03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #848 9/25/2010 - 10/7/10  (Read 277539 times)
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #540 on: October 01, 2010, 02:16:29 AM »

lawyers for k2 are looking for a back door to sneak out of the Dr. Phil suit...
during depositions they can give up info that leads to evidence that implicates urine in murdering Natalee....and MOST importantly....returning Natalee to her family...that card is probably in play.....
if the info is incriminating enough to lead investigators to Natalee...I can see Dr. Phil crew letting k2 off the hook for many if not all of the fees if a US judge ruled against k2....
there is no urgent need to nail urine for murdering Natalee....Stephany's dad has that covered....along with the Peruvian judicial system...
The leverage is the US charges against urine...lawyers for k2 know if k2 doesn't give up incriminating evidence.....the Dr. Phil case will only go from bad to worst for them....
Beth has a plan......the choke hold is getting tighter....aruba should be scared.......Persistence crew should also pray that k2 cracks.......if k2 blinks....the spotlight may shine brightly on the oil mapping by persistence......
connecting dots from my post above.....
The US charges against urine complicate k2 position in the Dr. Phil suit because:
Dr. Phil is fighting the suit, not backing down like k2 lawyers original thought would happen...
if k2 continues to stonewall...a US ruling against them will most likely result in a default that will slap k2 with huge fees.....
Time is k2 lawyers enemy...when they first filed against Dr. Phil......tacopenis had urine as a victim.....Stephany's murder reset the playing field....
Beth has lots to put into play...starting with the persistence discovery/aruba stealing away with the cage contents....
k2 lawyers have to know they are in salvage mode
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #541 on: October 01, 2010, 02:24:40 AM »

Good Night Good Monkeys....
Natalee will have Justice....Stephany will have Justice....
One day closer......... an angelic monkey
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: October 01, 2010, 09:37:50 AM »

Peruvian prison 'hell', jailed UK drug trafficker warns
By Dan Collyns BBC News, Lima, Peru

Nick Jones: "You have to pay for basic necessities, basic human rights, but here that doesn't exist"

Even by the standards of Callao - the crime-ridden port district of the Peruvian capital Lima - the neighbourhood around Sarita Colonia prison is particularly dangerous and poor.

Behind the puce green walls topped with razor wire and gun turrets, some 2,500 men live inside the prison which was designed and built for just 500.

At least a fifth of them are non-Peruvian, and almost without exception all have been jailed on drug trafficking charges.

Most inmates are Spanish or Dutch, but the number of UK citizens is increasing rapidly.

There are 42 British prisoners in Peru - the largest number in any South America country.

Apart from its famed tourist attractions, Peru now rivals Colombia as one the world's top cocaine producers and it is estimated the country is now the source of around 60% of the drug in Europe.
Easy money

Nick Jones from west London, described his reaction at being caught at trying to smuggle nearly 2kg of cocaine out of Peru's International airport in Lima as "very surprised".

He was arrested in April 2009.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

If you try to live on this food you will permanently suffer from diarrhoea and stomach sickness”

End Quote Nick Jones Briton jaied in Puru

"I was told that everything was taken care of, that the airport security had been paid in order to let me through," he said.

"I believed those lies so I thought it would be plain sailing."

But Nick's illusion of easy money soon came crashing down.

He said: "There is no such thing as a quick buck. They will tell you that the airport security has been paid off but all they are trying to do is get one out of 10 to come through for them and they've made their money.

"They don't care about the nine that go to jail."

The 34-year-old now faces the standard sentence of six years and eight months for trafficking any amount of cocaine under 10kg.

He describes his experience of Peruvian prison as tougher than he ever could have imagined.

Nick's jail time will be harder still because his family is so far away and he is short of money. He relies on 350 Peruvian Soles ($125) given to him every three months by the British Embassy.

But he is denied even this small amount: "It's impossible for me to keep it because as soon as I come into the pavilion there are people who know that the embassy has brought money and they will be demanding it from me."

While the prisoners in effect run the understaffed prison, the officials also collude in the corruption, he says. He claims he and other prisoners are charged entry fees and even for the upkeep of the prison.

"This hell hole is not a jail, it's a business - it is just about making money," he claims.

Some foreign prisoners are released early on probation, but have to remain in Peru while not legally being allowed to find a job. It is not a prospect which he relishes.
Day-to-day survival

"Being stuck here after the years I've spent inside in hellish conditions without being able to work? What kind of justice is that?" he says.
James Brokenshire, the Home Office minister for Crime Prevention Mr Brokenshire wants the UK and countries like Peru to cooperate more to tackle the cocaine trade

He says the hardest part of all is the day-to-day survival in jail.

Nick says the overcrowding is so severe that he finds it extremely difficult to sleep as he and fellow inmates are crammed together "like sardines" in a pavilion which is fit to bursting.

With some 350 people crammed into a space for 70, he says "every time someone moves or sneezes there's tension, sometimes violence".

"The food is literally inedible," he adds.

"They bring you food with stones in it, or used toilet rolls. If you try to live on this food you will permanently suffer from diarrhoea and stomach sickness."

James Brokenshire, the Home Office minister for Crime Prevention who has been visiting the region, saw first hand the conditions in which the British inmates are living in Sarita Colonia jail.

"The liability that you will be caught is very, very high," he told the BBC.

"The prisoners said to me that they'd like to get that message back so that through their experiences people won't make the choices and the mistakes that they've made, because being here is no easy ride."

I would say to anyone thinking of doing what I did, think again, think again and look for a better and legal way to make the money that they need”

Nick Jones Briton jaied in Puru

The minister is helping to encourage more cooperation between the UK and the authorities in countries like Peru to tackle the cocaine trade.

"It's shared problem because of the problems posed here [in Peru] as well as the social breakdown, the addiction and crime issues it causes in the United Kingdom," he said.

The UK is the largest single cocaine market in Europe, closely followed by Spain, according to the UN's 2010 World Drugs Report.

In contrast to the shrinking market in the US, the number of users in Europe has doubled in the last decade to more than four million.

Meanwhile, Nick Jones would do anything to turn back the clock.

"The stress and the strain of being in a situation like this when you can't sleep, you don't eat, you can't drink the water is very, very hard.

"I would say to anyone thinking of doing what I did, think again, think again and look for a better and legal way to make the money that they need."

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: October 01, 2010, 09:52:16 AM »

Mag - you are right in that Aruba does not have "State's Witness" per-se.

They do, however, have "Crown Witness".  According to Snarlene - that is preserved solely for conspiracy cases.

If covering up a Murder by the murderers themselves and police and government officials is NOT a conspiracy, I don't know what is.

Not saying that Griffith is correct, but what if...............
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #544 on: October 01, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »

Private Eye,

I do commend you on your honorable character, and your forgiving heart.  I cannot go there as yet.

There are a few things I cannot forgive without having more information.

1 - Tim didn't follow through, and allowed himself to be removed from Persistence when they found that cage.

2 - Tim didn't follow through when Aruban officials told him there WERE human remains recovered from that cage.

3 - Tim's attempts at demoralizing Beth, with no apology as yet.

With regards to #2...............was that relayed by Tim to anyone?  Did anyone follow up on that with Aruban authorities?  If so, what was their response?  As we have Monkeys here who have followed the headlines in Aruba for many years - and there was NEVER any mention of unidentified remains found in their papers.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #545 on: October 01, 2010, 10:29:25 AM »

I just can't see Aruba ever doing anything to prosecute J2K.

Would the Kalpoe testimony be enough to bring charges against Joran for Natalee's murder
in the US, without the evidence and files?

Aruba seems to always throw in a monkeywrench...like warning Joran to get off the island
before the FBI could arrest him.  If the FBI could have gotten him back here and then thrown
in the Kalpoes' testimony, there may have been a chance.

I do hope that something can and will be done.

Hope you and your little family are doing great.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: October 01, 2010, 10:39:06 AM »

Latest filing pertaining to the new Oct 7, 2010 hearing in the K2 vs. Dr. Phil case in Los Angeles:

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: October 01, 2010, 11:00:35 AM »

Latest filing pertaining to the new Oct 7, 2010 hearing in the K2 vs. Dr. Phil case in Los Angeles:

Klaas

What does the first motion to strike "case management" imply?  Are the Kalpoes' attorneys referring to the requested documents?

Thanks

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #548 on: October 01, 2010, 11:21:32 AM »

Having the same question as to what Case Management was, I found a few explanations.  Here is one from a CA law firm (bolding by me):

-snipped-

At-Issue and Case Management

Once every litigant has answered the claims or crossclaims made against him, the case is said to be at issue, and the court can set a trial date and other mandatory pre-trial deadlines and dates.

In California courts and in the federal courts, the court will hold a case management conference after every party has been or should have been served, unless before then the plaintiff obtains a default against all the defendants.

At the case management conference, the court will wish to make sure that all the parties have been served and have appeared by responding to the complaint or cross-complaint made against them. The court will then declare that the case is "at issue". It will typically wish to keep informed of what discovery procedures the litigants have conducted or proposed to conduct.

(In federal court, no discovery is allowed until the court authorizes discovery, which it typically does at the first case management conference, but before this occurs the parties must exchange initial disclosures of evidence.)

At the first case management conference, the court might ask the litigants a few questions about the case, and invariably it will refer them to some sort of alternative dispute resolution procedure, such as mediation or early neutral evaluation. In federal court, the case management conference often entails a more thorough analysis of the underlying case than it does in state court, at least in California.

Sometimes the court will set a trial date and related pre-trial dates at the first case management conference, but in California courts the case is often referred to mediation before a trial date will be set. Where this occurs, the court will refer the litigants to mediation, and then instruct the parties to report to the court at a second case management conference, unless before then the case settles.

If the case does not settle at mediation, the court will typically set the matter for trial and will also provide certain pre-trial deadlines, such as the final date for discovery procedures, the final date for hearing pre-trial motions, the date of the trial readiness conference, and the dates for expert disclosures.

All of this can get a little tricky. Sometimes it is not possible to have a successful mediation until there has been discovery of the key issues in the case. The parties will typically wish to confer with one another about these matters and to make clear to the court what discovery procedures should be completed before a mediation is attempted. Working out a discovery calendar is therefore critical to the case management process.

In our example, I will want a mediation only after I have used discovery to prove that (1) I bear no legal responsibility to DuBois Company, save for the trifling difference between the price of my tomatoes and the price of my competitor's; and (2) my neighbor indeed stole my tomatoes, which is why I could not deliver them to DuBois (I will "produce" my videotape and provide my eye-witness testimony at a deposition to prove this last point). I will use discovery to establish that I have only a tiny debt at most to the unfortunate DuBois Company, and that my neighbor should bear full responsibility for this debt plus reimburse me for the value of my tomatoes.

http://www.maldonadomarkham.com/california-civil-litigation-Anatomy-of-a-Lawsuit.htm#at-issue

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: October 01, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »

Thanks 2NJ

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: October 01, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »

The case management sets times to achieve discovery and other issues.  I'm guessing that K2 did not meet the schedule and would like to strike the original management timeline.

Sample of CA case management form:

http://forms.lp.findlaw.com/form/courtforms/state/ca/ca000299.pdf
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #551 on: October 01, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »

The case management sets times to achieve discovery and other issues.  I'm guessing that K2 did not meet the schedule and would like to strike the original management timeline.

Sample of CA case management form:

http://forms.lp.findlaw.com/form/courtforms/state/ca/ca000299.pdf

I took it that K2 wants the Case Managment striken, period.  I could be wrong.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #552 on: October 01, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »

So what's this about joran trying to escape prison? 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: October 01, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »

Do tell, BooMonkey!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #554 on: October 01, 2010, 12:39:06 PM »

Do tell, BooMonkey!

I presumed it was this National Enquirer article....

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/joran_van_der_sloot_escape_attempt_natalee_nolloway_flores/celebrity/69123

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: October 01, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »

????

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/10/breaking-news-joran-van-der-sloot-tries-to-escape-jail/
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #556 on: October 01, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »

Breaking rpt: Joran van der Sloot

tries to escape jail, attacks guard!
Breaking rpt: Joran van der Sloot tries to escape jail, attacks guard!

Breaking report -- Joran van der Sloot allegedly attacks a prison guard and tries to escape prison! Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking news every night at 8 & 10 PM E.T. on HLN.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #557 on: October 01, 2010, 12:52:58 PM »

Buckeye,

I saw that, too, when I found the National Enquirer article.  I thought it was the same report....no????

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #558 on: October 01, 2010, 12:56:33 PM »

Buckeye,

I saw that, too, when I found the National Enquirer article.  I thought it was the same report....no????

I have no idea.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: October 01, 2010, 01:20:31 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.