April 27, 2024, 09:52:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174480 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2010, 12:23:49 AM »

Sorry, I'm in Puzzler's box! ^

Hey Puzzler!

Private party!

Thanks!  I brought some of Grey's bananas from the big bunch - Grey said I could have all the bananas I want!   

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:43 AM »

So we have Staff, parents, volunteers anyone could be it.    Kyron last seen at 8:45?  9am per TH email w/male chaperone and 2 other children?  DS leaves at 9am also?  I wonder who else left at that time?

I am still stuck on the Kiara issue, Fly Monkey... if you're still reading, can you please ask DeDe where Kiara was during the science fair? There have been conflicting reports that she was with a babysitter and also that she was with Terri. For some reason, I base a lot of what TH "could have/would have" done on whether or not she was toting a toddler around AT the school.

TIA

And you would clearly think that LE knows this little tidbit of information based on witnesses that morning.  Blink on crime has some good discussions going on about news articles that were first released being updated with new & different information....makes you go hmmm.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »

I am having issues with photobucket.  I have to go retrieve my monkey! BB

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2010, 12:31:23 AM »

Patricia Mocha Latte, the question about Kyron saying his step mom is dead.  You may have missed a discussion we had several days ago about this and mainly the theory that came out of that was that Kyron might have either overheard Terri talking on the phone about something he shouldn't know about or walked in on Terri with someone she shouldn't have been with...and...when Terri recognized Kyron had overheard/seen something that Terri said "I'm dead."  Or possibly, that Kyron overheard Terri telling someone else "I'm dead."

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2010, 12:34:38 AM »

Now, he's back!

Houdini, go figure!

I think that may be the most logical thing to do, go back to the begining and review the information, but try and do it with an unbiased eye.  I think that was a major issue with this case and why it's gone in the direction it has.

And that is why I think the Dept has issues that needs to be addressed, 
they allowed personal feelings to get involved and they dropped the ball.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2010, 12:35:40 AM »

Patricia Mocha Latte, the question about Kyron saying his step mom is dead.  You may have missed a discussion we had several days ago about this and mainly the theory that came out of that was that Kyron might have either overheard Terri talking on the phone about something he shouldn't know about or walked in on Terri with someone she shouldn't have been with...and...when Terri recognized Kyron had overheard/seen something that Terri said "I'm dead."  Or possibly, that Kyron overheard Terri telling someone else "I'm dead."

We don't even know if that an an accurate or authentic statement.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2010, 12:40:58 AM »

We don't even know if that an an accurate or authentic statement.

Ahhh!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2010, 12:41:50 AM »

Rob,

I'm also curious as to your thoughts on Kaine/Desiree in a presser basically let DeDe know that if she doesn't tell LE everything they want to know then they're going to hit DeDe with a civil suit (or words to that effect)? 

well, again, the police tell them things and they think that it's the be all end all, but the reality is - it's highly challenged in court.

Sorry to see it may take that route and makes me wonder.

Threats rarely play out, but Kaine and Desiree COULD be open to A COUNTER SUIT. Unlikely, but it could happen.

See, this is part of the suit culture. People threaten but rarely sue. Conversely, what's DeDe to do? Sue the parents of a missing child? Again, it goes back to what the police told Kaine and Desiree.

I do find it interesting that so many threats are focused on everyone but the school that lost Kyron.
Interesting.

Yea it is amazing isn't it? I would think everyone knows an administer protects the almighty budget over everything but that is not the case. I have been slapped down before because my thought is, if the school had protected their students, nobody would have been able to do this.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2010, 12:48:06 AM »

Rob,

I'm also curious as to your thoughts on Kaine/Desiree in a presser basically let DeDe know that if she doesn't tell LE everything they want to know then they're going to hit DeDe with a civil suit (or words to that effect)? 

well, again, the police tell them things and they think that it's the be all end all, but the reality is - it's highly challenged in court.

Threats rarely play out, but Kaine and Desiree COULD be open to A COUNTER SUIT. Unlikely, but it could happen.

See, this is part of the suit culture. People threaten but rarely sue. Conversely, what's DeDe to do? Sue the parents of a missing child? Again, it goes back to what the police told Kaine and Desiree.

I do find it interesting that so many threats are focused on everyone but the school that lost Kyron.
Interesting.

Yea it is amazing isn't it? I would think everyone knows an administer protects the almighty budget over everything but that is not the case. I have been slapped down before because my thought is, if the school had protected their students, nobody would have been able to do this.

You are absolutely correct, TracyGirl!

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2010, 12:49:26 AM »

Thank you Puzzler. Those are possibilities also.

I remember reading an older newsletter that had been posted at Skyline elementary regarding K. Villarreal's death. (I had posted a link back when I had read it.) It seemed that Becky Owens had decided to tell people who were concerned not to come up to her to discuss KV's passing. How sad is that?

Here is the link to some other discussion regarding the other son also:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8267.180

Like Klaas, I too thought it very interesting regarding the possible sighting of a white truck? by the older man who lives near Becky Owens home....What's his name? Sheesh my brain just froze. Anyway so yeah, there is that too.

Also, wasn't it discovered that Becky Owen's and KH knew each other from High School? Possibly Michael Cook as well?
IIRC Becky Owens initially went out of her way to help Kaine with alerting the public about Kyron Horman's case right?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2010, 12:56:19 AM »

Rob,

Interesting.

You are absolutely correct, TracyGirl!

OH! And wasn't Becky Owens also an assistant of some sort at Skyline as well?

I agree,
School admins and staff can have sort of a "clickishness" about them.
Sort of a social acceptance type of hue thing going on.
Great posts everyone.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2010, 12:56:25 AM »

I remember reading an older newsletter that had been posted at Skyline elementary regarding K. Villarreal's death. (I had posted a link back when I had read it.) It seemed that Becky Owens had decided to tell people who were concerned not to come up to her to discuss KV's passing. How sad is that?

Like Klaas, I too thought it very interesting regarding the possible sighting of a white truck? by the older man who lives near Becky Owens home....What's his name? Sheesh my brain just froze. Anyway so yeah, there is that too.

Also, wasn't it discovered that Becky Owen's and KH knew each other from High School? Possibly Michael Cook as well?
IIRC Becky Owens initially went out of her way to help Kaine with alerting the public about Kyron Horman's case right?

Jim Kelley- reported seeing the white trucks.

Becky Owens, Michael Cook and Kaine, all went to high school together.

Becky Owens did help draft that Intel letter for Kaine.  Michael Cook helped with the first Kyron vigil.

I'm out of the loop on the Villarreal death.  will look into your link.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2010, 12:56:48 AM »

Rob

The fact is we don't really know much.  Everyone has an opinion, but until we get more information, it is impossible to say one way or the other.  I really don't think LE was hoping someone would take justice into their own hands.  If a stranger/SO abducted Kyron, then no one saw it happen and I don't think LE let him get away, because they wouldn't have had any more to go on then than they do today.  I think if anyone had reported seeing someone who didn't belong at the school that day they would have reported it and LE would have looked into it.  I don't think LE would have ignored any evidence, even if it led them in a different direction.  I really think they were open to any clues.

I think we are all here to discuss the facts that we have and explore where they, the facts, lead us.  If we are not here for that, then I don't know what this is all about.

No answer and not Rob but you bring up a very good point about a "stranger abduction"  with all the interviews of everyone present that day you'd think a stranger would stick out like a sore thumb for everyone there and thus LE. 

I always think about the serial killer in the silence of the lambs and how easy and quick it was for him to get his victim in the back of his van and ride off into the night.

I wonder if there was a set time that everyone - parents/chaperones left the science fair that day and if it coincides with Kyron missing?  Did they carry out their children's science projects to their cars? 

Personally,I think a stranger would have blended in perfectly. No one knew who was with who. I still say a stranger abduction is the easiest, simplest answer as to what happened to Kryon. 
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2010, 12:59:34 AM »

I'll brb with the link regarding KV.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2010, 01:03:27 AM »

Is Becky Owens "the" Becky that initially sent out an email about Kyron and then Kaine forwarded that email to his co-workers with his message added on?  Does anyone know? (I'm sorry, but I don't have a copy of Kaine's email handy).  TIA

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2010, 01:05:17 AM »

Oh shoot, I had no idea I had as many posts as I do here. I could be searching for days. I can look for you in the am MK.
Have a good night everyone.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »

So we have Staff, parents, volunteers anyone could be it.    Kyron last seen at 8:45?  9am per TH email w/male chaperone and 2 other children?  DS leaves at 9am also?  I wonder who else left at that time?

I am still stuck on the Kiara issue, Fly Monkey... if you're still reading, can you please ask DeDe where Kiara was during the science fair? There have been conflicting reports that she was with a babysitter and also that she was with Terri. For some reason, I base a lot of what TH "could have/would have" done on whether or not she was toting a toddler around AT the school.

TIA

Didn't Kaine and desiree say she was with Terri at the school? I believe it was in that long inteview they did way back when
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2010, 01:15:30 AM »

Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 8:39 AM
Subject: FW: Kaine Horman's son is missing

All,
If you have seen local Oregon news or been browsing the internet or FaceBook there is a good chance you have seen an article similar to the one that Becky forwarded (below). While this note is difficult for me to write in this state of mind I felt it necessary for Kyron’s sake.

Optional actions for you:
The Intel network is large and wide-reaching. Many have asked me what they can do to help us and my answer is the following:
1. Forward Kyron’s information to as many people as you feel comfortable with; the more people that see this will increase our chances of finding him
2. Do not speak to any media if contacted; I am trying to contact Intel legal to give them the heads up and help with this situation

Physical description at the time of his disappearance (picture is show in Becky’s note and here):
He is 3 foot 8 and 50 pounds, with blue eyes and brown hair. He was wearing black cargo pants, white socks, worn black Sketcher tennis shoes with orange trim and dark-colored t-shirt with the "CSI" show logo

Police Hot Line Number:
(503) 261-2847

Some rough background:
The article that Becky forwarded is pretty accurate with details. He was dropped off at school about 8:45 and went missing sometime between then and 9 or 9:30am. We did not know he was not at school until we went to get him off of the bus at 3:30 and he was nowhere to be found. The bus driver immediately called the school which responded that his teacher had not seen him all day in class, at which point we notified police in partnership with the school. It is still unknown whether he left school grounds on his own or was abducted. Be assured that there are currently an amazing number of agencies and amount of person-power being applied to the search and investigation.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers for Kyron’s safe return. I will update the group once status changes which will hopefully be soon. At the time of this note Kyron has now been missing for ~48 hours; time is of the essence.

Kaine Horman
Enterprise Business Architect

Intel Corporation

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2010, 01:16:45 AM »

BTW, ROB! Wonderful to see you posting again! Thank you for shaking things up a bit, stay around please.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2010, 01:22:42 AM »

I am not sure if Becky Owens is the same becky Kaine speaks about. I think I read Becky Owens had read about Kyrons case and wanted to help out. She and Michael Cook were still friends and she asked him if he wanted to help.

BTW, has anyone done research on any of Kaines facebook friends? I am told there is a person on there that has "a past record"? Is there anything more to that? I have not read about that here before.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.