April 27, 2024, 10:22:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174524 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #640 on: September 30, 2010, 07:10:20 PM »

I do believe that TH is very savvy. She is a survivor type personality. mo
I think she is more street smart than we give her credit for.
And further that " I would not like to see her Angry or seriously PO'd" its the quiet ones that are the most volatile. Heck she is Man size -she is almost the same size as Kaine..and I am not talking about weight either.
James said he does not recall Terri or Kaine arguing in 8 yrs .. I have to believe that James' more than likely wasn't around " when those episodes" happened. Which is a good thing.
Even the healthiest relationships " explode" some not in front of the children.

Quiet people though, They tend  to let things sit and simmer and then all it takes is that " one" trigger and    Where it be verbal or physical..and they go 
People who yell all the time, at least you can gauge what degree of " anger/frustration " they are feeling ..the quiet ones.. just go from 0-60.
I know I am one of the " quiet" ones. Two times in my life have I gone from 0-60 and I think I scared myself more than the other person. ( it was Verbal and towards my Daughters Dad)
Takes a heck of a lot to make me go there.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Flymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #641 on: September 30, 2010, 07:25:57 PM »

Flymonkey does DeDe have her computer back yet? 

If I remember right the warrant is running out so I was wondering about it.

Sorry, lurker -- I stepped away for a moment.  No, DeDe has not gotten any of her electronics back from LE.  The 90 days is up on October 14th, and I think Chad's going to file a motion to get the items back. 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #642 on: September 30, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »

http://www.mcphersonsentinel.com/state_news/x1616317646/Start-Your-Engines
snip: DODGE CITY —
When Colleen Hastings was invited to join the Fireball Run motor rally, she realized it was a chance to promote Dodge City while drawing attention to the plight of missing children.
    It was an opportunity she couldn't refuse. Hastings and her teammate, Rod Wormington, hit the road this month with the Fireball Run, an eight-state, 3,500-mile cross-country tour. The event combines fun and games with efforts to publicize missing-child cases.
   The Fireball Run's Team Dodge City, Colleen Hastings and Rod Wormington, are racing across the United States to promote awareness of missing children. To date, visibility from the race has helped recover 32 children.
     Greene Team member Tina Greene of Tampa, Fla., gave a reporter a poster about Kyron Horman, an 8-year-old boy who disappeared after a June 4 science fair in Portland, Ore.     "We're really trying to get the word out about Kyron and to let everyone know that if they see him, to please call in," Greene said.

"The Fireball Run in the last three years has brought home 32 children  , and so it's really a wonderful way to go through eight different states and spread the word to bring home our missing children." Greene, whose team has appeared on "The Amazing Race" TV show, said the rally combined fun, adventure and a worthy cause.
    "It was a way for us to kind of see more of the country, meet people from all over and do some adventure exploring along the way," she said.
       Each team is given a child to represent on their car with decals and flyers to hand-out in the cities and states they travel through.
    Team Dodge City's child is 4-year-old Eryn Gray who went missing from Wichita on April 1.   According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Eryn was allegedly abducted by her mother, Bongsoon Cho, who may be trying to get to South Korea. A felony warrant was issued for Bongsoon on June 18.  Eryn is white and Asian, of Korean descent. She has a birthmark on her lower back. Her eyes are brown and her hair is black. She is 3 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs 35 pounds.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Flymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #643 on: September 30, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »

Flymonkey - I have to admit that when I look at the smug look on DeDe's face I want to slap her.  You would think that knowing that Kyron was still missing she could restrain herself and hide her smugness.   

Just trying not to react to the nasty media questions thrown at her.  I have heard a number of people characterize this as "smugness," but that is not what it is.  I agree it's an unfortunate expression that the news folks caught and played over and over again, but she was definitely not feeling smug.  She just wanted to get home and away from the hype.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #644 on: September 30, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »

Sorry, lurker -- I stepped away for a moment.  No, DeDe has not gotten any of her electronics back from LE.  The 90 days is up on October 14th, and I think Chad's going to file a motion to get the items back. 
Fly, Dede's father is in LE or was ? ( I thought I read he was) And do you know if he attended the funeral/memorial of Chief Dan Duncan, on June 4th in Tualatin?
Thanks

Flymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #645 on: September 30, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »

I am very curious about this assessment of Terri's level of intelligence which Flymonkey has posted.  Is the opinion coming from Flymonkey personally?  or passed along from DeDe?  If the former, is FM relying on personal knowledge of Terri as a friend?  If the latter, does Terri know that her supposedly loyal friend is spreading the word online that Terri is no mental giant?  Just wondering.

It is my opinion, as I thought I stated.  It is primarily based on all of the things that have been reported about her actions, most of which I have read on SM.  DeDe has not said anything like this at all to me.  And I don't think she's stupid, I just don't think most people could do something like kidnap and either hide or murder a child and leave no concrete evidence for LE -- "most people" includes Terri.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: September 30, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »

FWIW, I just re-watched the Dateline segment on Kyron.

(Link:) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266

I had forgotten about the really good shots of the school from inside and out, from all different angles.  Wow.  Definitely gave me some food for thought as to methods that might have been used to get Kyron out of the school without raising red flags or suspicion.

IMO, it is worthwhile to revisit this show; I got a lot more out of it the second time around.  Poor little Kyron!  I feel really awful for his family.  Their pain is palpable IMO.

May Kyron and the truth be found soon.  I have a feeling (and a hope) that justice is closer than we know.  BFN.

Great idea!

And thanks for the link.

I am off to go watch it again.

Flymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #647 on: September 30, 2010, 07:42:27 PM »

Fly, Dede's father is in LE or was ? ( I thought I read he was) And do you know if he attended the funeral/memorial of Chief Dan Duncan, on June 4th in Tualatin?
Thanks

Yes, DeDe's father was and is employed by the Klamath County Sherriff's Department.  He was not in Portland on June 4th -- DeDe spoke with him on the phone that morning as she was on her way to work at the farm.
Flymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #648 on: September 30, 2010, 07:47:35 PM »

Thanks

Yes, DeDe's father was and is employed by the Klamath County Sherriff's Department.  He was not in Portland on June 4th -- DeDe spoke with him on the phone that morning as she was on her way to work at the farm.

Sorry, that was a totally inadequate reply.  Let me try again.  DeDe's dad was at home in Klamath Falls on June 4th, which I know from DeDe, who spoke with him on their home phone that morning.  Sorry, I tend not to think of suburbs as separate from Portland in the big picture, but did not want to seem evasive.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: September 30, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »

Hi Monkeys!  I have to say that you guys have put in a lot of effort and research on this case and you've been consistently going at it.  I really am impressed, but I keep coming back to one problem -- I just don't get the impression that TH is smart enough to have pulled this off.  Does anyone else struggle with this?  You all have come up with some very logical scenarios, but they would have had to be so carefully planned -- TH would have to be a sociopathic genius to do it.  I sure don't mean to discourage anyone, but I'd be interested to hear other opinions on this.

Thanks!

You know Flymonkey you would not believe how often in similar cases the same thing is said, the suspect isn't smart enough to carry it off. 

NO, I don't struggle with it at all.  She was smart enough to get a teaching degree.  I don't think she would need to be a genius but she may very well be a sociopath.

Your post actually encourages me.

I read that 3% of males and 1% of females are sociopaths.  That's pretty frightening!  The jails are full of them and CEOs and politicians represent a disproportionate number of them.  Often, it takes people who appear to have no conscience to wield the kind of power that gets them into high places.  Many of them walk over other people to get to positions of power.  Casey is a sociopath.  I believe she has no conscience.  Terri may well be one.  Some of them are able to mask their lack.  The distress we often see is not distress about the victim.  It is the distress of the sociopath for herself/himself.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #650 on: September 30, 2010, 07:51:07 PM »

I recieved this email from an WS member that wanted to clear some things up.  They told me it was OK to share

Personally, I am not much of a believer in Astrology pertaining to these cases but I happen to agree with most of their deductions/readings:

Thanks for posting the info, Klaas.

I am not a believer nor a disbeliever, and I find their readings and comments fascinating. Okay, the parts I can comprehend.

We have many, many Scared Monkeys posts based on very few facts and a lot of speculation. The one solid fact we have is that Kyron is missing. WS brings a different view of what happened based on astrology, not what is in media articles, and they seem to have some knowledgeable, thoughtful astrologers.

If I could afford an astrologer and if I were in a position to need insight on making choices in my personal or business life, I would certainly consider the readings of a reputable astrologer.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #651 on: September 30, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »

Thanks

Did Dede happen to make any remarks of that day, " June 4th", of Chief Duncan's funeral or memorial. Being that it was held less than 2 miles from her house? Seems like it was an all day ordeal within the community. From 11-4pm .. and possibly after 4pm.
Knowing her Dad was LE and that this man served Tualatin LE for 25 yrs, 7 or so years as Chief, his son on the force.. (He died May 20th of an unexpected heart attack/ sorta hits home for Blue Families)
Just wondering if she had made any comments of that morning.. that the entire city was " involved" within Chief Duncan's memorial procession and Church memorial/reception to follow... what the mood was? Or anything she could add.. if you recall. Or if you can ask her, if you do not recall her saying anything.
Thanks again. 

Flymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #652 on: September 30, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »

Thanks

Did Dede happen to make any remarks of that day, " June 4th", of Chief Duncan's funeral or memorial. Being that it was held less than 2 miles from her house? Seems like it was an all day ordeal within the community. From 11-4pm .. and possibly after 4pm.
Knowing her Dad was LE and that this man served Tualatin LE for 25 yrs, 7 or so years as Chief, his son on the force.. (He died May 20th of an unexpected heart attack/ sorta hits home for Blue Families)
Just wondering if she had made any comments of that morning.. that the entire city was " involved" within Chief Duncan's memorial procession and Church memorial/reception to follow... what the mood was? Or anything she could add.. if you recall. Or if you can ask her, if you do not recall her saying anything.
Thanks again. 

I will be happy to ask her, but I didn't talk to her at all on June 4th, so I can assure you she didn't say anything to me.  I'll see if she recalls anything about it.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: September 30, 2010, 08:02:19 PM »

Thank you Flymonkey.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #654 on: September 30, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »

We have lost 2 officers in our Counties Sheriff's office in the last several years and also a couple in the city police dept. In order for all officers from their perspective depts. who wanted to attend their funeral, neighboring counties have sent their off duty officers to work the streets while the funerals are going on. So there are officers on the streets during the funerals. State Highway Patrol will also step in to cover for them.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #655 on: September 30, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »

Thanks
Thanks again. 

I will be happy to ask her, but I didn't talk to her at all on June 4th, so I can assure you she didn't say anything to me.  I'll see if she recalls anything about it.
I hate to stack. Yah that would be appreciated. From the news reports, over 1000 attended the procession and memorial ..were a mix of LE/Fire/Reservists and Family/Friends. That the memorial was held right down the street from DeDe's place. Rolling Hills Community Church, located at 3550 SW Borland Rd. Tualatin, OR 97062.
Links for You:
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2010/06/1000_gather_to_honor_lake_oswe.html
http://www.oregonlive.com/lake-oswego/index.ssf/2010/05/memorial_planned_june_4_for_lake_oswego_police_chief_dan_duncan.html
http://pdxtraffic.blogspot.com/2010/06/media-information-for-lake-oswego.html
The procession will be leaving the West End Building (WEB) at 4104 Kruse Way, Lake Oswego at 1145 A.M. where it will travel down Country Club Rd. towards the Lake Oswego City Hall (eta 1200-1205), there the motorcade will be joined by the Lake Oswego Police Department, and the Duncan Family. The motorcade will proceed along "A" Avenue to State Street, turning south towards McVey. They will continue along McVey to Stafford Rd.
At Stafford Rd. and Overlook, there will be 2 Fire Department ladder trucks set up with a flag salute to Chief Duncan (1215-1220). They will continue along Stafford to the church (1230-1245).

May be just another add to a perfect storm of a day " for a little Kyron" to go missing, Knowing LE were all " centered and collected" for one of their own..  for many hours.
Me thinking the highest of ranking/with the most experience within LE attending/ leaving maybe a skeleton crew for the area .. to patrol or cover the surrounding areas.
I am sure it took a bit of time, ( to gather all and everyone) for the motorcade to start at 11:45 AM. Kyron going Poof after 9:00 am, 20 miles away.  Anything she can recall would be much appreciated. 

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: September 30, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »

I have been lurking of late and will likely remain pretty quiet in this thread if current trends continue.  However, I just wanted to thank a few Monkeys today.  Reading posts from some fellow rafter-sitters and Terri-did-it theorists has lifted my gloom a little bit; I don't feel so alone now.  Thank you to klaas, nicubird, gray, scatty, darla, fatacatlurker, SeeMe, monchichi, McHenry, nana0567, Nana29, nurseratchett, GypsyDD, Claycat, and anyone I've left out, who have been willing to express ideas which seem to be offensive and unpopular in this thread as of late.  I really was feeling frustrated, and the thoughts you expressed mirror my own.  Thank you.

None of us knows what happened.  There are so few facts, and it is a truly convoluted and mysterious case that is rife with rumor, baffling reports, speculation, suspicion, erroneous information, and high emotion.  I stick to my belief that Terri is behind Kyron's disappearance, and will promptly apologize if I'm proven wrong.  I do truly hope I am wrong in my belief about Kyron's fate.  It would be so awesome if this adorable little guy could come home safely at last.

My gratitude is for everyone who posts; not just those who agree with me.  All Monkeys have a right to their opinions, and a right to express them, IMO.

Where are you, Kyron?  Come home soon, little man.  We are all waiting.
I agree with you. It is nice to read other people's thoughts and theories, and none of us know what truly happened.

I don't think it's fair to say that people have moved their theories away from "terri-did-it" while Klaas was away.

I don't think Klaas has been steering anyone to one side of the fence, or another... though she has her own personal views and perspective.

It is GREAT that people are discussing ALL scenarios and not just one.

EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinions and people should not be made to feel guilty or like an outsider just because others do not agree with the comments.

Thing is, like someone mentioned, that we have no real evidence in our hands, and no access to witnesses or assets to make a more informed conclusion, and even if we did (like the LE in Portland, FBI, etc...) we may not even have an idea of what really happened.

So for now, we can only theorize and offer our own unique perspective to the case, and pray and wish for Kyron's safe return.

That's merely what we ALL can do.

Very Happy
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #657 on: September 30, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »

We have lost 2 officers in our Counties Sheriff's office in the last several years and also a couple in the city police dept. In order for all officers from their perspective depts. who wanted to attend their funeral, neighboring counties have sent their off duty officers to work the streets while the funerals are going on. So there are officers on the streets during the funerals. State Highway Patrol will also step in to cover for them.
Thank You Darla  . That is what I wanted to know..who would fill in. 
We had a fallen officer ( one that I recall witnessing his procession ) his motorcade was for oh gosh countless cars from every area in Michigan ( all areas) and every State other than MI came as well -local/county/State troopers /all that you can possibly name..that lasted way over an hour ..countless cars. It was very emotional. He was brutally killed this officer and was of Family of long line of Blue. Very Sad Day.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: September 30, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »

Flymonkey - I have to admit that when I look at the smug look on DeDe's face I want to slap her.  You would think that knowing that Kyron was still missing she could restrain herself and hide her smugness.   

Just trying not to react to the nasty media questions thrown at her.  I have heard a number of people characterize this as "smugness," but that is not what it is.  I agree it's an unfortunate expression that the news folks caught and played over and over again, but she was definitely not feeling smug.  She just wanted to get home and away from the hype.

That is not the only moment captured in time where she looked smug, her entire walk that day from point A to point B she had that same attitude about her.  You can call it what you want but it appears smug. 
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: September 30, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »

IF the MFH back in Dec 2009/Jan 2010 is for real, one would think that TH had time to plan Kyron's disappearance. She is smart, as she is a teacher and reads a lot of crime-related books, and watches TV crime dramas.

So she may have committed the perfect crime, though she may have made some mistakes (i.e. alibi of where she was.) But, it's real life, in order to bring on a case the authorities need real evidence, not to just catch her in a lie.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.