April 27, 2024, 03:07:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174507 times)
melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2010, 10:50:33 PM »

Thanks for posting that statement Rob (the big one). 

I'll be thinking about that for a while.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2010, 10:52:15 PM »

now, YOUR thoughts Puzzler.  an angelic monkey

My thoughts a very similar to yours.  I "wondered" about LE before, but became completely disgusted with them when they had their presser and showed manufactured pictures of where the white truck was parked.  Then, after putting those pictures in the public's mind, they incredulously turned around in the same breath and asked for people to come forth with "independent recollections" of seeing the white truck parked in those places.  Obviously, such a ruse didn't work. They still don't have "concrete evidence" to make an arrest.  We know this because LE told us themselves that "what we need is some concrete evidence".  I was hanging by a thread with LE up this point.  After the "we need concrete evidence" statement, I lost even that thread of hope that there is any "imminent arrest".   In fact...it became a joke IMO. 

Further, I think there's "something wrong" with the way that LE and Kaine said this is an isolated event and let everyone think alls well with the school.  Jaw-dropping statements in my mind.  Kyron went missing from the school.  NO ONE saw ANY ONE take Kyron or saw Kyron leave.  If they did, LE would have arrested that person(s). 

At the last press conference, I believe Stanton was probably the most frank/up front yet with any info coming from LE.  This is much bigger than they originally thought. This is going to surprise us.  He really didn't discuss Terri.

You were way out front in your thoughts about LE, which have come to pass over time.  Now many more of us see it, too.  Not all, though (as you said).

Yes, "how" does LE retract at this late date?  Not easy.  Possibly, they started with the last presser (need concrete evidence, and we're going to be surprised).  They put that out there for us to mull over and begin to accept that this is a problem.  Now they're going to put together a "task force".  I guess it will be up to the task force to come forward with more evidence...or "different" theory...thereby, letting LE off the hook a little bit.

Even Kaine said a couple of weeks ago that it felt like to him that they were back in the begininng of the case.  That told me that LE/Kaine/Desiree - were going to back away.

My 2 cents...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2010, 10:52:56 PM »

Good evening Monkeys, it was hot here today in Pdx...a lovely Indian Summer Last Hurrah 

I watched a video earlier that someone put together with Kyron pics and "Say" by John Mayer. It was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

I do have a BURNING question I was hoping someone could clarify for me:

I have heard from different sources that adorable Ms. Kitty was with Terri at the science fair, also that she was with a babysitter during the science fair. I'm curious to know the truth, if anyone has any links...

Also, just an FYI- the Grand Jury has absolutely NOT issued a "NO TRUE BILL" in this case. Nor a "TRUE BILL". They have issued NOTHING, because they have not been released yet.

Their is a hiatus, with the expectation to resume at any time- which I suspect will be after the divorce hearing. Please don't stop looking at previous evidence because you think the GJ is over and nothing was decided.
Also, if anyone knows about Kitty that morning, please share with us. Thank You Smile

Hello nurseratchett.

I don't believe anyone has heard where Kiara was during the science fair, but she was witnessed at the Fred Meyer's with Terri shortly after she left the science fair.

That is all I can offer.

Relevant link: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Grand-jury-witness-shares-her-encounter-with/ZRn4GrYpt0a0BAxulU8rEA.cspx

"I think the thing that seems odd about it perhaps is that we were just passing each other by and in a few seconds, with her daughter being sick in her arms, made a point to show me the picture."

nurseratchett
Scared Monkey

A gift from the stars

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2010, 10:57:04 PM »

Hello nurseratchett.

I don't believe anyone has heard where Kiara was during the science fair, but she was witnessed at the Fred Meyer's with Terri shortly after she left the science fair.

That is all I can offer.

Thank You Brandi.... I have to take this opportunity also to say your artwork is fabulous.

Anyway, I have heard both, and considered that she was seen with her at the FM that AM, however, initially maybe mid June or so, I recall someone from the school being quoted as saying they had not seen her at the Science Fair. I was hoping to recheck the link to see if they were reputable, or just a comment with no confirmation.

I have looked and looked all over for the link again, but now with so much on the interwebz, it's like winning the lottery to find these obscure references.
At this point, with no new info, I am retracing the older stuff for a new look.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2010, 10:58:03 PM »

Rob

The fact is we don't really know much.  Everyone has an opinion, but until we get more information, it is impossible to say one way or the other.  I really don't think LE was hoping someone would take justice into their own hands.  If a stranger/SO abducted Kyron, then no one saw it happen and I don't think LE let him get away, because they wouldn't have had any more to go on then than they do today.  I think if anyone had reported seeing someone who didn't belong at the school that day they would have reported it and LE would have looked into it.  I don't think LE would have ignored any evidence, even if it led them in a different direction.  I really think they were open to any clues.

I think we are all here to discuss the facts that we have and explore where they, the facts, lead us.  If we are not here for that, then I don't know what this is all about.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2010, 11:06:32 PM »

Good evening Monkeys, it was hot here today in Pdx...a lovely Indian Summer Last Hurrah 

I watched a video earlier that someone put together with Kyron pics and "Say" by John Mayer. It was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

I do have a BURNING question I was hoping someone could clarify for me:

I have heard from different sources that adorable Ms. Kitty was with Terri at the science fair, also that she was with a babysitter during the science fair. I'm curious to know the truth, if anyone has any links...

Also, just an FYI- the Grand Jury has absolutely NOT issued a "NO TRUE BILL" in this case. Nor a "TRUE BILL". They have issued NOTHING, because they have not been released yet.

Their is a hiatus, with the expectation to resume at any time- which I suspect will be after the divorce hearing. Please don't stop looking at previous evidence because you think the GJ is over and nothing was decided.
Also, if anyone knows about Kitty that morning, please share with us. Thank You Smile

My recollection is that news reports were that the Grand Jury suspended itself until further evidence and witnesses have been developed in the investigation for them to hear. 

To me, that says they had interviewed all the witnesses and evidence presented to them and there was nothing further at that point.  I tell me the Grand Jury will be called back when there is additional information gleaned through LE's investigation.

To me, that also says that the interviews with all those witnesses didn't turn up enough concrete evidence for the prosecutor to press the Grand Jury for an idictment, up to this point.

The term of this Grand Jury was extended to a period of time and I can't remember the date...somewhere around the end of October, I believe.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08:21 PM »

now, YOUR thoughts Puzzler.  an angelic monkey

My thoughts a very similar to yours.  I "wondered" about LE before, but became completely disgusted with them when they had their presser and showed manufactured pictures of where the white truck was parked.  Then, after putting those pictures in the public's mind, they incredulously turned around in the same breath and asked for people to come forth with "independent recollections" of seeing the white truck parked in those places.  Obviously, such a ruse didn't work. They still don't have "concrete evidence" to make an arrest.  We know this because LE told us themselves that "what we need is some concrete evidence".  I was hanging by a thread with LE up this point.  After the "we need concrete evidence" statement, I lost even that thread of hope that there is any "imminent arrest".   In fact...it became a joke IMO. 

Further, I think there's "something wrong" with the way that LE and Kaine said this is an isolated event and let everyone think alls well with the school.  Jaw-dropping statements in my mind.  Kyron went missing from the school.  NO ONE saw ANY ONE take Kyron or saw Kyron leave.  If they did, LE would have arrested that person(s). 

At the last press conference, I believe Stanton was probably the most frank/up front yet with any info coming from LE.  This is much bigger than they originally thought. This is going to surprise us.  He really didn't discuss Terri.

You were way out front in your thoughts about LE, which have come to pass over time.  Now many more of us see it, too.  Not all, though (as you said).

Yes, "how" does LE retract at this late date?  Not easy.  Possibly, they started with the last presser (need concrete evidence, and we're going to be surprised).  They put that out there for us to mull over and begin to accept that this is a problem.  Now they're going to put together a "task force".  I guess it will be up to the task force to come forward with more evidence...or "different" theory...thereby, letting LE off the hook a little bit.

Even Kaine said a couple of weeks ago that it felt like to him that they were back in the begininng of the case.  That told me that LE/Kaine/Desiree - were going to back away.

My 2 cents...

I believe they've had a task force all along.  They appear to be narrowing down their team so they can focus exclusively on Kyron's case.

As I stated early, I felt a little encouraged with this last presser.  Sheriff Staton appeared confident they are on the right track- after "things they suspected they no longer suspect".

I also can't help but wonder if the statement that "there are issues the Sheriff Dept has to address" was directed at allowing someone's personal feelings to dictate the direction of the investigation towards Terri.

This case is different in that there is a civil case going on during a criminal investigation.  There are issues in the civil case that can reveal things in the criminal investigation.  I am surprised the judge didn't rule to postpone the civil hearings considering this is a missing child case and really, that should take priority over a divirce proceeding.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »

Hi all I am grateful for the rain where I live much needed. I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I have to say I beg to differ with some of your statements, Rob.  I do agree that some things that some things said by others were a bit insensitive, but I stand my belief that truth is consistent.
I cannot speak for everyone's capacity or how they would handle a crisis but I do believe Terri lied on June 4Th. I think the term batphone is cute , but that is my opinion.My dad calls them bat phones for other not so nice reasons as he says we all sound like a bunch of batty people chatting  oblivious on these phones everywhere. I do not know what happened to Kyron, I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Just the truth. Truth is perception and when a person acts guilty, then that is what the public is left with. No hard feelings just agree to disagree. Instinctively I know the police messed this up, and there are no suspects, and this family is left torn, with a little boy missing. Yes there are alot of predators in Oregon as there are here in Virginia where I live. It is a sick sad world but we can continue to hope for the good in mankind to shine through. We can continue to share our thoughts on these forums and possibly bring comfort to someone else going through something painful. If I am wrong about Terri I will admit it and say I am sorry, but my gut tells me different. Have a nice night all.

I'm pretty sure that you know which questions Terri allegedly lied on by now.

And they are not related to Kyron..

Do you know where Kyron is - no - Truthful (As far as I have seen)

Do you know who took Kyron - no - Truthful (As far as I have seen)

Where were you - Deceptive - (As far as I have seen)

maybe my info is incorrect.

You have a nice kind heart and there is nothing wrong with wishing the best.

Question:

As far as you know - would this have been the question on the 1st or 3rd LDT?(Rumor is she walked on the 2nd)  Wouldn't they (LE) just have cleared the issue(failed ?) up with her - than asked the same question again on the next one and she would have passed?  Not specifically her but is that the way the LDT questioning would go in general with repeat LDT's for anyone?  I know you have knowledge in this area...so can you help a girl out?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2010, 11:18:43 PM »

MK, I believe Terri's attorney has filed a motion that the divorce go through (Terri agrees to the divorce) BUT that any settlement or child custody issues be "delayed" for up to two years...because of exactly the point you brought up...due to a criminal case going on at the same time of the civil case.

I also believe that this motion will be heard on October 7, the next court date for Kaine/Terri.  This could be an interesting day in court; although, I'm not so sure how much we're going to find out about it. 

It certainly does not see fair to let a "civil" case go forward at this time.  It will be interesting to hear what the judge decides. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2010, 11:22:32 PM »

Hi all I am grateful for the rain where I live much needed. I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I have to say I beg to differ with some of your statements, Rob.  I do agree that some things that some things said by others were a bit insensitive, but I stand my belief that truth is consistent.
I cannot speak for everyone's capacity or how they would handle a crisis but I do believe Terri lied on June 4Th. I think the term batphone is cute , but that is my opinion.My dad calls them bat phones for other not so nice reasons as he says we all sound like a bunch of batty people chatting  oblivious on these phones everywhere. I do not know what happened to Kyron, I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Just the truth. Truth is perception and when a person acts guilty, then that is what the public is left with. No hard feelings just agree to disagree. Instinctively I know the police messed this up, and there are no suspects, and this family is left torn, with a little boy missing. Yes there are alot of predators in Oregon as there are here in Virginia where I live. It is a sick sad world but we can continue to hope for the good in mankind to shine through. We can continue to share our thoughts on these forums and possibly bring comfort to someone else going through something painful. If I am wrong about Terri I will admit it and say I am sorry, but my gut tells me different. Have a nice night all.

Question:

As far as you know - would this have been the question on the 1st or 3rd LDT?(Rumor is she walked on the 2nd)  Wouldn't they (LE) just have cleared the issue(failed ?) up with her - than asked the same question again on the next one and she would have passed?  Not specifically her but is that the way the LDT questioning would go in general with repeat LDT's for anyone?  I know you have knowledge in this area...so can you help a girl out?

The rumor I heard was that Terri walked on the second LDT after first being interrogated by LE for hours and then asked the same questions over-and-over.

IMO, it's like Rob said.  If she failed the question "do you know where Kyron is?" - Terri would have been arrested.  If she failed the question "did you take Kyron from the school?" - Terri would have been arrested.  I she came up deceptive in her response to "where were you from during such-and-such time period" - that's nothing to arrest anyone over.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »

MK - good point about the possibility of LE having to deal with personalities within LE focusing soley in one direction.  I hadn't thought of that one before.

Stanton did talk about the "stress my staff has been under" (or words to that effect).

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2010, 11:26:28 PM »

Rob

The fact is we don't really know much.  Everyone has an opinion, but until we get more information, it is impossible to say one way or the other.  I really don't think LE was hoping someone would take justice into their own hands.  If a stranger/SO abducted Kyron, then no one saw it happen and I don't think LE let him get away, because they wouldn't have had any more to go on then than they do today.  I think if anyone had reported seeing someone who didn't belong at the school that day they would have reported it and LE would have looked into it.  I don't think LE would have ignored any evidence, even if it led them in a different direction.  I really think they were open to any clues.

I think we are all here to discuss the facts that we have and explore where they, the facts, lead us.  If we are not here for that, then I don't know what this is all about.

No answer and not Rob but you bring up a very good point about a "stranger abduction"  with all the interviews of everyone present that day you'd think a stranger would stick out like a sore thumb for everyone there and thus LE. 

I always think about the serial killer in the silence of the lambs and how easy and quick it was for him to get his victim in the back of his van and ride off into the night.

I wonder if there was a set time that everyone - parents/chaperones left the science fair that day and if it coincides with Kyron missing?  Did they carry out their children's science projects to their cars? 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »

Rob

No answer and not Rob but you bring up a very good point about a "stranger abduction"  with all the interviews of everyone present that day you'd think a stranger would stick out like a sore thumb for everyone there and thus LE. 

I always think about the serial killer in the silence of the lambs and how easy and quick it was for him to get his victim in the back of his van and ride off into the night.

I wonder if there was a set time that everyone - parents/chaperones left the science fair that day and if it coincides with Kyron missing?  Did they carry out their children's science projects to their cars? 

IMO, the school was very busy with the science fair, everyone excited, additional people in the school - parents and visitors -and I don't really think anyone was focused on looking for stangers.  In fact, with no sign-in sheets, no cameras, very relaxed rules, a stranger could have easily walked in the school and gone into a room unnoticed. 

There are a couple of obvious points:  Kyron is missing and no one saw him leave.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2010, 11:39:08 PM »

Question:

The rumor I heard was that Terri walked on the second LDT after first being interrogated by LE for hours and then asked the same questions over-and-over.

IMO, it's like Rob said.  If she failed the question "do you know where Kyron is?" - Terri would have been arrested.  If she failed the question "did you take Kyron from the school?" - Terri would have been arrested.  I she came up deceptive in her response to "where were you from during such-and-such time period" - that's nothing to arrest anyone over.

Yes I understand she would of been arrested but I am still curious.

Maybe not anything to do with it but as I have discussed another case and the LDT results of it with Rob I'd like to hear his response to my question about the questions asked and clearing them on the LDT if they show deceptive.  How do they rule out involvement on such a crucial question?

It seems to me that all the evidence is not clear at this point.  I can't go with the crazy MFH theory.   So I'am still picking apart what I got along with someone at the school...known to be at the school that day that would not be suspected.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »

MK - good point about the possibility of LE having to deal with personalities within LE focusing soley in one direction.  I hadn't thought of that one before.

Stanton did talk about the "stress my staff has been under" (or words to that effect).

Yes especially when you think about what they were dealing with.  The potential MFH and the sexting I would think that might send some over the edge of reason for TH.  Not sure that's what you mean but I can see it going that way. JMO
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »

Rob

FatCatLurker~

From the way I understood things, the school opened early on a daily basis, for day care offered to parents. 

On this particular day, students arrived early to set up their projects. 
Parents were allowed to view the projects from 8am-9am.  At that point, the visitors were to leave the school. 

At 9am, the students were to be broken up into small groups of 4-6 (I've heard various sized groups), and were to tour the science fair with teachers and volunteeers.

The science fair was to last until 10am for the students.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2010, 11:44:55 PM »

Rob

IMO, the school was very busy with the science fair, everyone excited, additional people in the school - parents and visitors -and I don't really think anyone was focused on looking for stangers.  In fact, with no sign-in sheets, no cameras, very relaxed rules, a stranger could have easily walked in the school and gone into a room unnoticed. 

There are a couple of obvious points:  Kyron is missing and no one saw him leave.

It's clearly a different world than where I come from.  I thought the school contained 300 including staff?  That is small.  I heard somewhere that Kyron's class had 12 students in it and the teacher had a helper?  If you can't keep track of those small numbers imo we got problems from the get go???  JMO.
nurseratchett
Scared Monkey

A gift from the stars

« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »

Hi Puzzler 

Not to be..."disagreeable", but I would like to politely disagree with the "arrest Terri" on LE's part if she failed when asked if she knew where Kyron was.
What would they arrest her for that wouldn't be thrown out PDQ? LDT's are rarely allowed in court as evidence. If they charged her with anything, they would have to then prosecute or release.
I would think LE, if suspicions were raised due to LDT deception, would prefer to have her out, and let her sweat the small stuff as opposed to them. Hoping she would screw up somehow, somewhere, eventually. Gathering evidence.

I still think they know FAR more than they have stated, or even hinted at. Living here in Pdx, I do hear things, from time to time, that I pay attention to. Sometimes, we have to wait what seems forever.
In this case, I firmly think, as BTO says so eloquently:

'We Ain't Seen Nothin Yet"   
All MOO of course....
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2010, 11:49:14 PM »

(snipped)

But wait for it, waiiiit, here it comes. Here's the really shocking part. They shared investigative knowledge with the husband of the suspect. Everyone knows that the police never ever do that and compromised the investigation. Only an inept and incompetent police force uses the husband and ex-wife of the "de-facto suspect" to force her into a situation where she had to move. And feared for her life. Well, the police sure aren't gonna want to admit that, now are they. Heads could roll.
(snipped)

BBM
Rob, excellent points!! 

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2010, 11:51:31 PM »

Rob

FatCatLurker~

From the way I understood things, the school opened early on a daily basis, for day care offered to parents. 

On this particular day, students arrived early to set up their projects. 
Parents were allowed to view the projects from 8am-9am.  At that point, the visitors were to leave the school. 

At 9am, the students were to be broken up into small groups of 4-6 (I've heard various sized groups), and were to tour the science fair with teachers and volunteeers.

The science fair was to last until 10am for the students.

So we have Staff, parents, volunteers anyone could be it.    Kyron last seen at 8:45?  9am per TH email w/male chaperone and 2 other children?  DS leaves at 9am also?  I wonder who else left at that time?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.