April 28, 2024, 09:40:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174557 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #800 on: October 01, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »

Thanks Muffy for that article, that don't look good at all, but with lack of funds in so many cities and lack of police it doesn't surprise me either. 

Yup, I'm bummed. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: October 01, 2010, 06:55:53 PM »

five minutes until the news conference:

http://www.katu.com/news/live

http://www.kgw.com/live-stream

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #802 on: October 01, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »

Flymonkey can you ask Dede this question please.

Does she really think it is a good idea to have her responses to questions posted all over the internet on a daily basis? Isn't she concerned that it just keeps people focusing more on her?
Wouldn't she be better off to just let it all go silent in her case instead?

Just curious.

I am quoting myself due to the response I received from Flymonkey. I didn't feel this was actually attacking her or Dede. I believe it would be better in this situation to lie low. Go on with life. Guess I was wrong.

Thank you for responding Flymonkey.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: October 01, 2010, 07:07:58 PM »

Apparently only this station is streaming it live: http://www.katu.com/news/live

She appealed to the public to help get the reward money increased.

She wants people in "Terri's circle" to come forward with information.

She wants the focus NOT to be on Terri, but on finding Kyron.

Sounds to me like she is desperate and really wants this about Kyron.

She wants the reward to be as high as Terri's legal fees. She quoted $350,000.

It is still going on.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: October 01, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »

On HLN jane velez mitchell is asking about Kyron.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: October 01, 2010, 07:20:43 PM »

If I am understanding the WS Astrology thread, they are now suggesting that a love interest helped Terri dispose of or hide Kyron.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109760&page=16

So who might Terri's love interest be?  Was she friends with Michael Cook prior to Kyron missing?  For some reason this guy who cut Kiara's hair has always had me wondering (although it's probably nothing):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2045864&id=1264414625#!/photo.php?pid=898511&id=1264414625&ref=fbx_album

Haha!

If one looks at some of her other pics, one will notice the guy who taught Kiara how to swim, he was looking at Terri with googly eyes. Then there is Michael Wells, I know he's a friend of the family, just the way he looks at her it's kinda dirty.

Me thinks, I repeat "me thinks", that Terri having huge breasteses has something to do with the way men look at her. It just occurred to me that she must look very attractive to a lot of men... and that women like that can entice bubbleheaded men into doing just about anything.

I'm thinking on getting implants.

Wink
JMO
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #806 on: October 01, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »

It is extremely unrealistic to have the reward money that high, don't think that I've ever heard of a reward that high for any missing person.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #807 on: October 01, 2010, 07:24:42 PM »

JVM has the story on again now, if you can stand to listen to her.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: October 01, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »

On HLN jane velez mitchell is asking about Kyron.

What is she saying? I don't get HLN in this room where my computer is.

Thanks.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: October 01, 2010, 07:28:26 PM »

Thanks everyone for the updates.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: October 01, 2010, 07:33:14 PM »

Bruce McCain said the only agency to get on baord for this new task force is Portland Police Bureau.  He also was saying the reason why the Da, his opinion, hasn't offered Terri an offer is because 1: they feel Kyron is no lonoger with us, 2: They don't know if Terri actually knows where he is.

Nut44x4~ did I miss anything?

MK

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #811 on: October 01, 2010, 07:34:17 PM »

If I am understanding the WS Astrology thread, they are now suggesting that a love interest helped Terri dispose of or hide Kyron.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109760&page=16

So who might Terri's love interest be?  Was she friends with Michael Cook prior to Kyron missing?  For some reason this guy who cut Kiara's hair has always had me wondering (although it's probably nothing):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2045864&id=1264414625#!/photo.php?pid=898511&id=1264414625&ref=fbx_album

Haha!

If one looks at some of her other pics, one will notice the guy who taught Kiara how to swim, he was looking at Terri with googly eyes. Then there is Michael Wells, I know he's a friend of the family, just the way he looks at her it's kinda dirty.

Me thinks, I repeat "me thinks", that Terri having huge breasteses has something to do with the way men look at her. It just occurred to me that she must look very attractive to a lot of men... and that women like that can entice bubbleheaded men into doing just about anything.

I'm thinking on getting implants.

Wink
JMO

I agree IM that there a lot of bubbleheaded men who would do just about anything for smaller than those!

A little O/T...you go ahead and get those implants...as for me? I prefer not to have any larger bruises on my knees , thank you very much.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: October 01, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104184569.html

Kyron’s mom wants help to increase reward

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/104184569.html
By Steve Benham KATU.com Staff October 1, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. – In a desperate plea to the public, the mother of missing 8-year-old Kyron Horman, asked for help to increase the reward to find him to the level of his stepmother’s legal fees, alluding to fees reported to be $350,000.

“I don’t know what else to do,” Desiree Young said at an afternoon news conference held in front of her son’s Wall of Hope near his elementary school, Skyline School. “It’s been four months now and Kyron is still not home, and I would like to appeal to everybody, and ask everybody, to help me get the reward increased.”

She said she believes there’s someone out there who knows where Kyron is or has information that could help find him. She pleaded with that person to come forward.

Kyron Horman disappeared from his elementary school June 4. After an extensive search, no trace of him has been found. Investigators said Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother, was the last known adult to see him and she has become the focus intense media scrutiny and of the investigation.

Police have not named her as a person of interest or suspect in the case and have not made any arrests.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s office created a new task force last month to continue the investigation into Kyron’s disappearance. Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said at that time the sheriff’s office had spent over a million dollars on the investigation and needed to continue it in a “fiscally responsible” way.

The creation of the task force is a move to free up detectives to their normal duties.

“The commitment we have to the community has suffered because of what has been dedicated and how we’ve worked this investigation fluidly,” he said on Sept. 15.

The task force is to be made up of about eight to 10 detectives.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated . . . .
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: October 01, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »

Bruce McCain said the only agency to get on baord for this new task force is Portland Police Bureau.  He also was saying the reason why the Da, his opinion, hasn't offered Terri an offer is because 1: they feel Kyron is no lonoger with us, 2: They don't know if Terri actually knows where he is.

Nut44x4~ did I miss anything?

MK
Interesting, thanks.
melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #814 on: October 01, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »

IDK what to say about that conference.  Sad 

I'm glad she asked that everyone focus on Kyron instead of Terri, though. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: October 01, 2010, 07:48:05 PM »

I didn't see it, did she say anything about Kaine, I take it Kaine wasn't there? And interesting and not sure how to take the statement not to focus on Terri and just on Kyron when in the beginning the focus was almost entirely on Terri.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: October 01, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »

I agree. It should be about Kyron.

But I did notice she spent a lot of time talking about Terri as she was trying to say she did not want the focus to be on her. KWIM?

Even bringing up Terri's parents and suggesting they give $350,000 to the reward fund.

I felt really bad for Desiree. I felt her frustration and desperation. Can't imagine all the emotional termoil she has been going through.

Just a sad, sad situation.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: October 01, 2010, 07:55:15 PM »

Updated (sounds to me Desiree is still placing blame squarely on Terri):

Kyron’s mom wants help to increase reward

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/104184569.html
By Steve Benham KATU.com Staff October 1, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. – In a desperate plea to the public, the mother of missing 8-year-old Kyron Horman, asked for help to increase the reward to find him, and asked his stepmother’s parents to contribute at least the same amount as her legal fees, alluding to fees reported to be $350,000.

“I don’t know what else to do,” Desiree Young said at an afternoon news conference held in front of her son’s Wall of Hope near his elementary school, Skyline School. “It’s been four months now and Kyron is still not home, and I would like to appeal to everybody, and ask everybody, to help me get the reward increased.”

She said she believes there’s someone out there who knows where Kyron is or has information that could help find him. She pleaded with that person to come forward.

She said everyone should focus on finding Kyron, including the people who are supporting his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, and she asked Terri’s parents to contribute to the cause of finding him.

“How about her parents give us $350,000 so that we can bring Kyron home?” Young said.

The current reward for information that helps to find Kyron is $50,000. The $350,000 comes from court documents Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, filed through his attorney, Laura Rackner.

In those documents, Kaine alleges text messages were sent between Terri and another man, Mike Cook, on June 30. The texts talk about the cost of Terri’s defense lawyer, Stephen Houze. In one text, Terri says the high-power attorney cost her “350K”.

Terri Horman’s divorce attorney, Peter Bunch, disputes that figure and says it is “grossly misstated.”

Kyron Horman disappeared from his elementary school June 4. After an extensive search, no trace of him has been found. Investigators said Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother, was the last known adult to see him and she has become the focus intense media scrutiny and of the investigation.

Police have not named her as a person of interest or suspect in the case and have not made any arrests.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s office created a new task force last month to continue the investigation into Kyron’s disappearance. Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said at that time the sheriff’s office had spent over a million dollars on the investigation and needed to continue it in a “fiscally responsible” way.

The creation of the task force is a move to free up detectives to their normal duties.

“The commitment we have to the community has suffered because of what has been dedicated and how we’ve worked this investigation fluidly,” he said on Sept. 15.

The task force is to be made up of about eight to 10 detectives.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated . . .
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: October 01, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »

Thanks for the articles, but I can't see how Terri's parents are suppose to contribute to a reward fund, it doesn't seem like they have that kind of money. Has Intel where Kaine works put in a nice sum of money for the fund, the company sure could afford to do so.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: October 01, 2010, 07:58:36 PM »

Kyron Horman's mom pleads for reward increase
by David Krough
Posted on October 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Updated today at 4:44 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The mother of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman made an emotional public plea Friday afternoon to increase the reward for finding her son.

Desiree Young expressed frustration that "it's been four months, and I don't know what else to do," saying it was her decision alone to make the public plea. "I'd like to appeal to everybody ... to help get the reward increased ... and come together and show their support for Kyron."

Kyron disappeared from Skyline Elementary on June 4. No suspects have been named in his disappearance. Desiree spoke at the wall of hope at the Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue station on Skyline Boulevard.

Desiree appealed to the public to help increase the reward to $350,000, which she said was what Terri's legal fees are for defense attorney Stephen Houze. Terri has not been named a suspect, yet much of the investigation has focused on her as she was the last person to report seeing Kyron the day he disappeared.

"There is someone out there that has him and someone that has information ... I want that person to come forward. I guess I'm at this point where I don't know what else to do."

The reward currently stands at $50,000 and donations can be made to BringKyronHome.org.

"I want someone in Terri's circle to come forward with information," Young said.

Young admitted frustration that, four months later, Kyron still had not been found. "I guess I'm disappointed, confused," said Young.

More at: http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-Hormans-mom-to-make-statement-Friday-missing-portland-desiree-104177934.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.