April 28, 2024, 03:30:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174541 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: October 01, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »

IDK what to say about that conference.  Sad 

I'm glad she asked that everyone focus on Kyron instead of Terri, though. 

If anyone knew something, shouldn't that person come forth whether it's $10,000 or $300,000?

Well, it worked for the "unabomber's" brother, so a large reward may still work.

But, what can we say about someone who doesn't come forth without having to receive any money in return for information?

It's just sad that people who know something are keeping quiet in order to protect he/she who has done something REALLY bad.

Sad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: October 01, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »

Thanks for the articles, but I can't see how Terri's parents are suppose to contribute to a reward fund, it doesn't seem like they have that kind of money. Has Intel where Kaine works put in a nice sum of money for the fund, the company sure could afford to do so.

My guess is Desiree was being a bit sarcastic.  If Terri's parents could afford to give her $350k for a defense attorney the money would be better spent finding Kyron.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #822 on: October 01, 2010, 08:05:30 PM »

Thanks for the articles, but I can't see how Terri's parents are suppose to contribute to a reward fund, it doesn't seem like they have that kind of money. Has Intel where Kaine works put in a nice sum of money for the fund, the company sure could afford to do so.

My guess is Desiree was being a bit sarcastic.  If Terri's parents could afford to give her $350k for a defense attorney the money would be better spent finding Kyron.
I misunderstood. Also wondered if some large companies around there like Intel or others have contributed. Or sometimes a real rich person may give money and doesn't want to be identified.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: October 01, 2010, 08:14:20 PM »

as sad as it is to think about the season is on 6am PT
http://www.oregonhuntingmap.com/

well back to catching up

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: October 01, 2010, 08:30:27 PM »

I got the same impression as you Klaas. Even if TMH had zero to di with Kyron's disappearance and even though she feels as if she was being treated unfairly I would expect for Terri and her Parents to want to do more to help, after all, from what we have learned Terri spent a great deal of time as a Parent who was helping to raise Kyron.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: October 01, 2010, 08:34:51 PM »

I think Desiree is just at wits end.  She really doesn't know what to do.  She sounds as though she 100% believes Terri holds the key and is begging for someone in Terri's camp to come forward with anything.  It's been 4 months and she has no idea what else she can do. 
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: October 01, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »

Has this link been posted before or discussed?
http://farberswimschool.com/about-us/

I might be wrong but that looks to be both baby K and Kyron in the picture with the Coach.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #827 on: October 01, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »

When the reward went from $25,000 to $50,000, I suspected Intel contributed the additional $25,000. No facts to back up that thought, and Intel may have a company policy against doing so. Since LE had to wait a period of time to confirm the additional money was ready, it could be another source because Intel could have arranged a bank check immediately.

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: October 01, 2010, 08:39:05 PM »

Desiree must have heard that the task force was lacking some members. I had that uh-oh feeling when I heard that on JVM. But didn't the Sheriff's office turn down some money a while back after it had been allocated towards this investigation? I'm wondering if that was a mistake in hindsight.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #829 on: October 01, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »

I think Desiree is just at wits end.  She really doesn't know what to do.  She sounds as though she 100% believes Terri holds the key and is begging for someone in Terri's camp to come forward with anything.  It's been 4 months and she has no idea what else she can do. 

Ditto. If Terri does not know anything, she has done a great job tying up LE resources by being evasive. It must be very frustrating to Desiree to be aware of the people supporting Terri and some spreading outright lies while Kyron is missing. I do not blame her or anyone for looking to Terri for some truthful answers.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: October 01, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »

I agree and too I wonder if it's possible that Terri might know something but maybe she had blocked it out due to being accused so early on? Instead of being open to help she became defensive instead and her mindset blocked her from giving information freely?
I hope that made sense.
I'm not saying Terri is or is not guilty of anything, what I am saying is that I would like to see Terri come forward to help with all she might know. Does Terri cooperate with LE as far as questioning goes? Do we at least know that?

It would be nice to get confirmation on so many things. Things like, What was Terri's relationship like with everyone around her including at the school? etc...

My heart breaks for Kyron and his entire family.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: October 01, 2010, 08:46:47 PM »

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/30/kyrons-parents-in-touch-with-oprah-but-say-they-wont-take-money-for-story/

But according to the Douglas County Assessor’s Office on Wednesday, the last time the Moultons refinanced their home was in 2008
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #832 on: October 01, 2010, 08:49:42 PM »

The reward for information regarding Kyron has been increased to $50,000, due to an anonymous donation.

This has spurred an increase in tips. The number of tips had reach over 3500. We have been averaging between 5 to 10 tips every hour. Many of these tips are eliminated quickly while others result in follow-up of multiple leads.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #833 on: October 01, 2010, 09:03:08 PM »

When the reward went from $25,000 to $50,000, I suspected Intel contributed the additional $25,000. No facts to back up that thought, and Intel may have a company policy against doing so. Since LE had to wait a period of time to confirm the additional money was ready, it could be another source because Intel could have arranged a bank check immediately.
Thank-you. I just don't see the reward money going up to what Desiree would like it too be. Actually the 50,000 seems rather low for such a high profile missing child. With the economy and obvious lack of funds and manpower with the police imo I can't imagine much more being added to the fund. And unfortunately with a missing person case the longer it goes on, people forget and the media directs it's attention to other cases.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: October 01, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104184569.html?tab=video

Video covering the news conference.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: October 01, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »

Desiree in the media today could be as simple as just wanting to get Kyrons name in the press again.  It's gone so quiet.  Desiree is doing the right thing, bringing his name back to the front page.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: October 01, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »

I was just watching the video, how sad.  I feel so bad for them.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #837 on: October 01, 2010, 10:45:15 PM »

Brandi, TY for posting the video.

The frustration from all the monkeys added up together and have felt the past few days is but a mere drop in the bucket compared to what Desiree is going through.

It's heart-wrenching to see Desiree's frustration tonight. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: October 01, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »

I was just watching the video, how sad.  I feel so bad for them.

She just seemed so frustrated, sad, emotionally drained, but still out there trying her best for Kyron.

I feel terrible for her also.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: October 01, 2010, 10:52:49 PM »

Desiree must have heard that the task force was lacking some members. I had that uh-oh feeling when I heard that on JVM. But didn't the Sheriff's office turn down some money a while back after it had been allocated towards this investigation? I'm wondering if that was a mistake in hindsight.

Good question.

I had that uh-oh feeling, too, when I heard some LE members weren't going to participate.

A hole-in-the-pit-of-my-stomach type feeling.  Not good.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.