April 27, 2024, 03:35:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174511 times)
melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #840 on: October 01, 2010, 11:02:50 PM »

Thanks for the articles, but I can't see how Terri's parents are suppose to contribute to a reward fund, it doesn't seem like they have that kind of money. Has Intel where Kaine works put in a nice sum of money for the fund, the company sure could afford to do so.

Not to mention Kyron isn't really their "family" and the fact that Terri's a suspect.  If she is innocent, her life's been ruined by this investigation.  I wouldn't be inclined to help out, either.

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #841 on: October 01, 2010, 11:19:30 PM »

I was just watching the video, how sad.  I feel so bad for them.

Listening to Desiree is just heart breaking. I don't know how she hasn't had a total mental breakdown. There is absolutely nothing she can do, and must feel helpless.
For all the Terri supporters who rave about what a wonderful step-mother Terri was to Kyron.......her actions and behavior since Kyron disappeared have negated every loving thing she did for Kyron in the past. She has failed Kyron!

No innocent mother/step-mother who truly loved their child, would hide behind an attorney, and not be forthcoming with every scintilla of information to help LE find him. Even if it ends up she had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, she has still failed as a mother, not only to Kyron, but to Kiara, and James as well.

JMO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #842 on: October 02, 2010, 12:31:53 AM »

Thanks for the articles, but I can't see how Terri's parents are suppose to contribute to a reward fund, it doesn't seem like they have that kind of money. Has Intel where Kaine works put in a nice sum of money for the fund, the company sure could afford to do so.

Not to mention Kyron isn't really their "family" and the fact that Terri's a suspect.  If she is innocent, her life's been ruined by this investigation.  I wouldn't be inclined to help out, either.

He's been their "grandson" for many years.  He didn't ruin Terri's life, did he?

Look at all of the people on the different sites and the SAR people who volunterred, etc etc etc.

They don't know Kyron at all.

I don't think that I have to say anymore.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: October 02, 2010, 01:13:01 AM »

Honestly I don't give a crap about any of the adults in this situation.  I just know that Kyron does not deserve this.  When these cases are in the public eye we touch them heart and soul but always knowing that it is only one of thousands that happen.  And it can happen to anyone of us at anytime none of us are special.

I am so disgusted right now.  I cannot believe that this is what we have come to.  When did we suddenly turn into a society that puts a cap amount on what we pay for a life.  We have come down to Politics and Budgets.

I don't want to hear about money, I want to hear that our Federal, State, County and Local officials that we pay have solved the case or it is cold and they will put it on the back burner.  I mean WTH.  Who are they protecting?  Will they protect me?  Or am I just a number?

I wonder if we will even hear a peep out of LE about this.  Just Disgusting and very very sad.

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #844 on: October 02, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »

as sad as it is to think about the season is on 6am PT
http://www.oregonhuntingmap.com/

well back to catching up

Hi Cw and thanks for the map.  If I read it correctly there is only one entry point for hunting within about 50 miles or so from where Kyron was taken.

That point is on Sauvies Island up towards Sturgeon Lake, across the Channel from Scappoose.  The next point I see is in Dayton which is down south by Salem.

Realizing that missing people in our area are often found by hunters, mushroom pickers, etc, it is possible that is how he will be located.  Then thinking of what statistics say about children going missing, that they are usually carried to a car and then dropped 50 miles or less from the scene of the crime. Dayton seems too much on the edge of the area where he could have been put.  I'm thinking that if Terri did this herself, driving down and back to Dayton would not fit the timeline.

Now Sauvie Island is another thing altogether IMO   I could easily see an accomplice burying a body out by Sturgeon Lake.  There aren't many roads out there and it is mostly undeveloped.    Hmmmm  At this point I'm thinking it could be someone who knew the island very well and knowing that, when the plan developed a kink and if a planned ren de vu did not take place at Freddies, Terri knew right away this spelled trouble for Kyron and drove across Skyline Hill over to Hwy #30 and onto SI, hoping to find this person.

Gosh, who knows?  We don't.  I think it is as good a theory as we will have without more clues.  Maybe the accomplice was also a perv and Terri had worried about that.  It would give reason for concern if that person took Kyron by their plan {maybe to hide him away} and then didn't show up to collect his payment {or the rest of it} it would look very bad for him.  That having Kyron meant more than $$$ to him at that point. 

I so hope that isn't true.  I also wish we knew more about TP's dad.  I read he was in town on June 4th and then left the area.  Has anyone else read that?  Ta
melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #845 on: October 02, 2010, 01:54:04 AM »

He's been their "grandson" for many years.  He didn't ruin Terri's life, did he?
Look at all of the people on the different sites and the SAR people who volunterred, etc etc etc.

[/quote]

No, of course  he didn't ruin Terri's life and I'm sure you know that I don't personally think that.  I suspect Terri ruined Terri's life.  My point is, if one attempts to look at it from her parent's POV, that's probably one of the many reasons they chose not to help out. 

I'm not one of Terri's defenders, BTW.  I think she is absolutely responisble for his disappearance and I'll continue to believe that until he's found and she's proven innocent.

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #846 on: October 02, 2010, 02:37:27 AM »

No, of course  he didn't ruin Terri's life and I'm sure you know that I don't personally think that.  I suspect Terri ruined Terri's life.  My point is, if one attempts to look at it from her parent's POV, that's probably one of the many reasons they chose not to help out. 

I'm not one of Terri's defenders, BTW.  I think she is absolutely responisble for his disappearance and I'll continue to believe that until he's found and she's proven innocent.

[/quote]
For all we know Terri's parents could have helped out . They do not appear to have the means to donate the large sum suggested by Desiree. i know she is angry and frustrated but Terri's parents should not be the focus of her anger. I pray for a break in this case and pray for all those who love and miss this little fellow.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: October 02, 2010, 03:22:51 AM »

Has this link been posted before or discussed?
http://farberswimschool.com/about-us/

I might be wrong but that looks to be both baby K and Kyron in the picture with the Coach.

Thank you, Patricia Mocha Latte for the link!

MK

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: October 02, 2010, 03:51:33 AM »

Do you think raising more money ( I am picturing a lot more money) will "flush" out more info or better yet Kyron? I really want to know if it would possibly change something. Opinions please.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #849 on: October 02, 2010, 04:06:17 AM »

Jane Valez Mitchell with Bruce McCain tonight

McCain says there's no sense of urgency. Said the sheriff's presser
2 weeks ago to announce a task force was being formed, was strained,
with no DA there and no agencies represented there

McCain also said that as thought, sheriff over promised and under delivered;
no agencies, except for one, has agreed to help - Portland Police Bureau,
largest agency in state and it took the sheriff 4 months to get around to
asking for their help

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: October 02, 2010, 04:10:48 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104184569.html

Kyron’s mom wants help to increase reward

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/104184569.html
By Steve Benham KATU.com Staff October 1, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. – In a desperate plea to the public, the mother of missing 8-year-old Kyron Horman, asked for help to increase the reward to find him to the level of his stepmother’s legal fees, alluding to fees reported to be $350,000.

“I don’t know what else to do,” Desiree Young said at an afternoon news conference held in front of her son’s Wall of Hope near his elementary school, Skyline School. “It’s been four months now and Kyron is still not home, and I would like to appeal to everybody, and ask everybody, to help me get the reward increased.”

She said she believes there’s someone out there who knows where Kyron is or has information that could help find him. She pleaded with that person to come forward.

Kyron Horman disappeared from his elementary school June 4. After an extensive search, no trace of him has been found. Investigators said Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother, was the last known adult to see him and she has become the focus intense media scrutiny and of the investigation.

Police have not named her as a person of interest or suspect in the case and have not made any arrests.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s office created a new task force last month to continue the investigation into Kyron’s disappearance. Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said at that time the sheriff’s office had spent over a million dollars on the investigation and needed to continue it in a “fiscally responsible” way.

The creation of the task force is a move to free up detectives to their normal duties.

“The commitment we have to the community has suffered because of what has been dedicated and how we’ve worked this investigation fluidly,” he said on Sept. 15.

The task force is to be made up of about eight to 10 detectives.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated . . . .

I feel her desperation and I never ever want this to happen to another human being.  I agree the focus should be on Kyron.  The first thing Desiree did is compare the reward money to Terri's fees.  In Desiree's mind Kyron missing and Terri are so intertwined that even when she says not to talk about her, she talks about her.  Let the police focus on Terri or whoever they need to focus on.

Keep the focus on Kyron!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: October 02, 2010, 04:18:13 AM »

That's a great idea.  What about where Desiree works, and the employees and parents of the school?  I wonder if Intel would decline to either donate or to donate anonymously saying it would encourage perps to take other children of Intel's employees because they would kick in reward money.

Corporations think about their liabilities before humans.

I believe in miracles!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: October 02, 2010, 04:51:12 AM »

That's a great idea.  What about where Desiree works, and the employees and parents of the school?  I wonder if Intel would decline to either donate or to donate anonymously saying it would encourage perps to take other children of Intel's employees because they would kick in reward money.

Great ideas.

What about the employees at Intel - looks like there would be a lot of personnel working where Kaine works.

What about the Masons?  Kaine and his male family members are all Masons and that's a huge organization.  I don't know how many members they have, but I know it's huge.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: October 02, 2010, 04:56:20 AM »

Great ideas.

What about the employees at Intel - looks like there would be a lot of personnel working where Kaine works.

What about the Masons?  Kaine and his male family members are all Masons and that's a huge organization.  I don't know how many members they have, but I know it's huge.

Even if each Mason chipped in a buck a piece, that'd be some serious cash flow!

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #854 on: October 02, 2010, 04:57:39 AM »

Many companies have a policy of no reward or ransom money in order to help protect their employees from being seen as a source of money. It's a difficult line to hold, but once they give in, all employees are in more danger than before.

Corporations have to consider their liabilities if they want to stay in business. No corporation equals no jobs.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: October 02, 2010, 05:01:04 AM »

Many companies have a policy of no reward or ransom money in order to help protect their employees from being seen as a source of money. It's a difficult line to hold, but once they give in, all employees are in more danger than before.

Corporations have to consider their liabilities if they want to stay in business. No corporation equals no jobs.

Are you talking about if the employees were to donate within the support of Intel?

I was thinking more about employees deciding on their own to donate money toward the reward fund.

Do you have any ripe bananas?

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: October 02, 2010, 05:04:45 AM »

Yeah, Grey, we know you're holding out on us!

How about some vino?  

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: October 02, 2010, 05:13:23 AM »

Desiree in the media today could be as simple as just wanting to get Kyrons name in the press again.  It's gone so quiet.  Desiree is doing the right thing, bringing his name back to the front page.

Yes, I just wish she was not standing alone out there.

I believe in miracles!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: October 02, 2010, 05:21:09 AM »

Desiree in the media today could be as simple as just wanting to get Kyrons name in the press again.  It's gone so quiet.  Desiree is doing the right thing, bringing his name back to the front page.

Yes, I just wish she was not standing alone out there.

That stuck me hard, too...it was so sad, especially knowing Desiree was feeling helpless.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: October 02, 2010, 05:21:42 AM »

That's what I meant.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.