April 27, 2024, 06:51:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174517 times)
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #860 on: October 02, 2010, 05:27:05 AM »

Sorry, y'all. I stepped out of the cage to play some puzzle games.

*tosses bananas into the cage*

Be with you in a moment ...

*pours wine into glasses*

Here are glasses of wine for everyone, and there are plenty of bottles waiting to be opened.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: October 02, 2010, 05:29:41 AM »

Desiree in the media today could be as simple as just wanting to get Kyrons name in the press again.  It's gone so quiet.  Desiree is doing the right thing, bringing his name back to the front page.

Yes, I just wish she was not standing alone out there.

That stuck me hard, too...it was so sad, especially knowing Desiree was feeling helpless.

Maybe Desiree's could ask Terri's parents or friends to stand with her to ask for answers. 

They really need to come together to help find Kyron, separately, it is not working. I would like to see some of Kaine and Desiree's families and friends surrounding them.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #862 on: October 02, 2010, 06:15:34 AM »

Desiree in the media today could be as simple as just wanting to get Kyrons name in the press again.  It's gone so quiet.  Desiree is doing the right thing, bringing his name back to the front page.

That stuck me hard, too...it was so sad, especially knowing Desiree was feeling helpless.

Maybe Desiree's could ask Terri's parents or friends to stand with her to ask for answers. 

They really need to come together to help find Kyron, separately, it is not working. I would like to see some of Kaine and Desiree's families and friends surrounding them.

Terri's friends need to step back and take an objective look at Terri and her actions surrounding Kyron's disappearance. They need to decide if their protection and support of Terri is worth more than Kyron and why.

From a few rumors going around, a few have already stepped away from Terri, but I know there will be some who will blindly defend her to the end rather than admit they might be wrong to do so. If her friends can be objective and have logical, truthful reasons for defending Terri, then they should stand with her.

I think Desiree's family is helping her in the background. Probably the same with Kaine's family. They don't need to be talking with the media, and the private, personal support could mean more to Desiree and Kaine.

Terri's parents may be putting themselves at financial risk for her, and I hope it is not to the detriment of Kyron.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #863 on: October 02, 2010, 06:17:41 AM »

Oh, my. Awfully quiet in the cage. Did the monkeys pass out from too much wine?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #864 on: October 02, 2010, 07:47:09 AM »

Oh, my. Awfully quiet in the cage. Did the monkeys pass out from too much wine?

Well......you did say there were lots of bottles...just saying...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #865 on: October 02, 2010, 08:05:40 AM »

Terri's friends need to step back and take an objective look at Terri and her actions surrounding Kyron's disappearance. They need to decide if their protection and support of Terri is worth more than Kyron and why.

From a few rumors going around, a few have already stepped away from Terri, but I know there will be some who will blindly defend her to the end rather than admit they might be wrong to do so. b]

I think Desiree's family is helping her in the background. Probably the same with Kaine's family. They don't need to be talking with the media, and the private, personal support could mean more to Desiree and Kaine.

Terri's parents may be putting themselves at financial risk for her, and I hope it is not to the detriment of Kyron.

If any friend of Terri's "knows anything, anything at all", there is "no excuse" for not having already come forward IMO.  Likewise, If her friends can be objective and have logical, truthful reasons for defending Terri, then they should stand with her (like Grey said).

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #866 on: October 02, 2010, 08:20:12 AM »

Thanks Muffy for that article, that don't look good at all, but with lack of funds in so many cities and lack of police it doesn't surprise me either. 

Yup, I'm bummed. 

Me too! When I read that article all I could think is this case is going cold due to lack of funds.
Oh what a sad sad world we live in.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #867 on: October 02, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »

Thanks for the articles, but I can't see how Terri's parents are suppose to contribute to a reward fund, it doesn't seem like they have that kind of money. Has Intel where Kaine works put in a nice sum of money for the fund, the company sure could afford to do so.

Not to mention Kyron isn't really their "family" and the fact that Terri's a suspect.  If she is innocent, her life's been ruined by this investigation.  I wouldn't be inclined to help out, either.

Huge WOW. How could Kyron not really be their "family" when Terri was married into the Horman "Family"? Terri willingly assumed the role of step Mother early on in Kyron's life. Surely Terri's Parents would have a personal and deep understanding of the complexities involved in the family dynamics as they themselves had "adopted" Terri early on in her life.
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around your thoughts here, um. wow.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: October 02, 2010, 08:39:26 AM »

From a few rumors going around, a few have already stepped away from Terri, but I know there will be some who will blindly defend her to the end rather than admit they might be wrong to do so. b]

If any friend of Terri's "knows anything, anything at all", there is "no excuse" for not having already come forward IMO.  Likewise, If her friends can be objective and have logical, truthful reasons for defending Terri, then they should stand with her (like Grey said).

Right? Unless of course Terri's friends aren't really her friends in the definition that any one of us might understand?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: October 02, 2010, 08:53:16 AM »

O/T but Grand Jury related.

Jaycee Dugards kidnappers were JUST indicted by the Grand Jury.  So sometimes it can take a while.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20101001/NEWS01/101001031
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #870 on: October 02, 2010, 09:11:41 AM »

I thought this might be some interesting reading. I remember this case and how shocked I was when I learned what had happened.  This was such a heartbreaking case but just shows how anger can drive a person who maybe a little unstable to do such horrible things.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2007/03/milwaukie_woman_sentenced_to_l.html

A 45-year-old Milwaukie woman will spend the rest of her life in prison for bludgeoning her 4-year-old stepgrandson to death.

In a hearing that lasted only six minutes, a somber Clackamas Circuit Judge Robert Herndon sentenced Christine Coffman to life in prison for the murder of Matal Sanchez in June 2005.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #871 on: October 02, 2010, 09:13:23 AM »

O/T but Grand Jury related.

Jaycee Dugards kidnappers were JUST indicted by the Grand Jury.  So sometimes it can take a while.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20101001/NEWS01/101001031

AMEN!!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #872 on: October 02, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »

Thanks for the articles, but I can't see how Terri's parents are suppose to contribute to a reward fund, it doesn't seem like they have that kind of money. Has Intel where Kaine works put in a nice sum of money for the fund, the company sure could afford to do so.

Not to mention Kyron isn't really their "family" and the fact that Terri's a suspect.  If she is innocent, her life's been ruined by this investigation.  I wouldn't be inclined to help out, either.

Huge WOW. How could Kyron not really be their "family" when Terri was married into the Horman "Family"? Terri willingly assumed the role of step Mother early on in Kyron's life. Surely Terri's Parents would have a personal and deep understanding of the complexities involved in the family dynamics as they themselves had "adopted" Terri early on in her life.

Melancholygirl that statement kind of upsets me. I am a "step". I do not have natural children and grandchildren and step children and grandchildren. I have 6 kids and 9 grandkids and 2 great grandkids. I can not imagine a grandparent being in the life of their grandchildren for all those years and then saying "they aren't really family". I really hope that TH's parents have done to help find Kyron. If not then they are not any better than TH.

I don't know who did this to Kyron but I hope that when they do find out that they are hung in a public display. Maybe if we went back to a little more barbaric punishment some of this crap would stop.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: October 02, 2010, 09:35:27 AM »

I'm glad you mentioned this....I couldn't figure out why this conference of Desi's was more upsetting than others in the past.
It was poor Desiree standing there all alone, desperate for a shred of information to bring Kyron home. She is in a personal HELL I fear she will never escape from, ALL ALONE! Had I been at the wall of hope I think I would have had to go and stand with her, just to let her know although we can't do anything as far as the investigation is concerned.....we are here to comfort you.
Watching Desiree yesterday was extremely distressful.

I don't know if increasing the reward $$$ will bring the scum suckers to the surface with information on Kyron's whereabouts, but how would they know if they didn't try.

One thing I'm certain of is: Desiree is a better woman than I'll ever be. The self control she must have to NOT go find Terri, and choke her until she tells the truth about what she did June 4th is foreign to me....I would be in jail, no doubt.

I'm praying for you Desiree, and I won't stop until you get your baby Kyron home!

Where is Kyron????

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #874 on: October 02, 2010, 09:41:37 AM »

How do you know that Terri's family hasn't helped? Also if they are backing their daughter and think that the family and police are going after her why would you think that they would help with money. My brain is wrapped around reality, always has been always will be.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #875 on: October 02, 2010, 09:55:08 AM »

I'm glad you mentioned this....I couldn't figure out why this conference of Desi's was more upsetting than others in the past.
It was poor Desiree standing there all alone, desperate for a shred of information to bring Kyron home. She is in a personal HELL I fear she will never escape from, ALL ALONE! Had I been at the wall of hope I think I would have had to go and stand with her, just to let her know although we can't do anything as far as the investigation is concerned.....we are here to comfort you.
Watching Desiree yesterday was extremely distressful.

I don't know if increasing the reward $$$ will bring the scum suckers to the surface with information on Kyron's whereabouts, but how would they know if they didn't try.

One thing I'm certain of is: Desiree is a better woman than I'll ever be. The self control she must have to NOT go find Terri, and choke her until she tells the truth about what she did June 4th is foreign to me....I would be in jail, no doubt.

I'm praying for you Desiree, and I won't stop until you get your baby Kyron home!

Where is Kyron????

Please don't throw nanners at me .

The reason for the news conference was to get as many people to talk about Kyron as possible..to keep him in the public eye.

If Desiree was surrounded by Kaine, Tony, relatives, friends and supporters the impact of the news conference would have been diminished. She is the best spokesperson Kyron has but mainly because your heart breaks for her.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #876 on: October 02, 2010, 10:18:38 AM »

Police release sketch of sex offender near Portland school

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-warn-...103951459.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: October 02, 2010, 10:34:16 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-warn-...103951459.html

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-warn-of-man-exposing-himself-near-Portland-school-103951459.html

by Teresa Blackman, kgw.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on October 1, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Updated yesterday at 8:01 AM
Related:

* Letter sent to Hosford students & parents

PORTLAND – Police have released a sketch of a man who was spotted exposing himself near a Southeast Portland school last week.

Authorities are hoping the sketch will help them identify and track down a suspect. Meantime, police and school officials have been warning people to beware of the lurking sex offender.

“A subject was observed openly masturbating in his vehicle parked near Southeast 26th Avenue and Grant Street in view of the public. Four female students from Hosford Middle School walked past his vehicle on their way to school and he soon started his car, followed them for about a block and pulled over next to them as if to make contact with them while still masturbating,” said Lt. Kelli Sheffer with the Portland Police Bureau.

Then, just a few minutes later, Sheffer said the suspect contacted a different female student in the same area, telling her he liked her shirt.

At one point, the man got out of the car and walked after a student, police said.

The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his 20's to late 30's, about 5'2 and 150 pounds, with very short dark hair, wearing a light-colored shirt and dark pants or jeans. Police said his head was almost shaved and he had a mustache and a goatee.

His vehicle was described as an older model, white 4-door smaller car, possibly a Pontiac, with a dent on one of the front fenders, possibly black wheels and black bumpers, with black scratches on the rear passenger side fender.

Anyone with information about the suspect was urged to call 9-1-1.

A letter was sent home to parents. It read in part:

This morning, five of our female students and a staff member (three separate sightings) saw a man driving a white sedan lurking around school grounds on SE 26th Ave, SE Grant St. and SE 28th Pl.  All describe him as being in his early 20’s to 40’s, dark skinned, possibly Hispanic. The first set of students describe him being sexually inappropriate as they walked by his car which was parked on 26th Ave. As they hurried past, he started his car and pulled along side them making inaudible remarks. Thankfully, they were able to run away and immediately report the incident to the school.

FWIW - looks like his interest is in females
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: October 02, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

Jane Valez Mitchell with Bruce McCain tonight

McCain says there's no sense of urgency. Said the sheriff's presser
2 weeks ago to announce a task force was being formed, was strained,
with no DA there and no agencies represented there

McCain also said that as thought, sheriff over promised and under delivered;
no agencies, except for one, has agreed to help - Portland Police Bureau,
largest agency in state and it took the sheriff 4 months to get around to
asking for their help

You have to wonder why this McCain guy said there is no sense of urgency. And why it took four months to ask the Portland Police Bureau to help?  He is almost suggesting the sheriff dropped the ball IMO
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: October 02, 2010, 11:20:49 AM »

I've been reading the thread that seahorse started on McCain and it looks like he has a lot of good qualifications. It just seems he has some agenda with things he says, and can't figure out if he has inside knowledge or maybe jealousy, or maybe doesn't like the sheriff in charge of Kyron's case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.