April 27, 2024, 03:27:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174509 times)
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: October 02, 2010, 12:03:19 PM »

I was just watching the video, how sad.  I feel so bad for them.

Listening to Desiree is just heart breaking. I don't know how she hasn't had a total mental breakdown. There is absolutely nothing she can do, and must feel helpless.
For all the Terri supporters who rave about what a wonderful step-mother Terri was to Kyron.......her actions and behavior since Kyron disappeared have negated every loving thing she did for Kyron in the past. She has failed Kyron!

No innocent mother/step-mother who truly loved their child, would hide behind an attorney, and not be forthcoming with every scintilla of information to help LE find him. Even if it ends up she had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, she has still failed as a mother, not only to Kyron, but to Kiara, and James as well.

JMO

If, as she claims, she brought up Kyron practically from infancy, what kind of alien being is she not to be able to love this child enough to put getting him back as her top priority? A parent (and she bragged he called her "mom") who loves a child would do anything to spare that child pain -- trade places, sacrifice practically anything. She would tell them every embarassing secret in her life because that would pale in comparison to loss of a child. I would have added, she would put her marriage at risk, but that wasn't an issue obviously--she wanted out of the marriage. But my question was rhetorical because she has no such feelings of love. She is only worried about Terri.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: October 02, 2010, 12:06:18 PM »

Jane Valez Mitchell with Bruce McCain tonight

McCain says there's no sense of urgency. Said the sheriff's presser
2 weeks ago to announce a task force was being formed, was strained,
with no DA there and no agencies represented there

McCain also said that as thought, sheriff over promised and under delivered;
no agencies, except for one, has agreed to help - Portland Police Bureau,
largest agency in state and it took the sheriff 4 months to get around to
asking for their help

You have to wonder why this McCain guy said there is no sense of urgency. And why it took four months to ask the Portland Police Bureau to help?  He is almost suggesting the sheriff dropped the ball IMO

I definitely got that impression from him too No Rose.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #882 on: October 02, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »

I've been reading the thread that seahorse started on McCain and it looks like he has a lot of good qualifications. It just seems he has some agenda with things he says, and can't figure out if he has inside knowledge or maybe jealousy, or maybe doesn't like the sheriff in charge of Kyron's case.

Whoa! Stop reading my mind!   
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: October 02, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »

O/T but Grand Jury related.

Jaycee Dugards kidnappers were JUST indicted by the Grand Jury.  So sometimes it can take a while.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20101001/NEWS01/101001031

O/T Thank you for the update.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: October 02, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »

Thanks for the articles, but I can't see how Terri's parents are suppose to contribute to a reward fund, it doesn't seem like they have that kind of money. Has Intel where Kaine works put in a nice sum of money for the fund, the company sure could afford to do so.

Not to mention Kyron isn't really their "family" and the fact that Terri's a suspect.  If she is innocent, her life's been ruined by this investigation.  I wouldn't be inclined to help out, either.

Huge WOW. How could Kyron not really be their "family" when Terri was married into the Horman "Family"? Terri willingly assumed the role of step Mother early on in Kyron's life. Surely Terri's Parents would have a personal and deep understanding of the complexities involved in the family dynamics as they themselves had "adopted" Terri early on in her life.
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around your thoughts here, um. wow.
How do you know that Terri's family hasn't helped? Also if they are backing their daughter and think that the family and police are going after her why would you think that they would help with money. My brain is wrapped around reality, always has been always will be.
Not sure if your post was directed to me but I understand exactly what you are saying.
Just because I posted that I am not really understanding the original posters thoughts it does not mean that there is not a window there open to discussion. Possibly related to attachment issues etc...
I know a girl who was raised by her own Parents that had what we were told was unattached syndrome. Some of the things the girl did to get attention were unbelievable for most. It happens.
Also, we don't know much information about anything to do with Terri or her Parents right now imo.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: October 02, 2010, 12:21:50 PM »

I've been reading the thread that seahorse started on McCain and it looks like he has a lot of good qualifications. It just seems he has some agenda with things he says, and can't figure out if he has inside knowledge or maybe jealousy, or maybe doesn't like the sheriff in charge of Kyron's case.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #886 on: October 02, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »

Hi NoRose, Scatty and Monkey's,

YES!  He seems to have a small grudge of some sort.  He is really a very good analysis (in my opinion), but...
BM was little petty on JVM, yesterday.

I really love his comments, most of the time, he is refreshing and does not beat around the bush.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #887 on: October 02, 2010, 12:47:21 PM »

I just can't quite figure this guy out.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: October 02, 2010, 12:48:26 PM »

YES!  He seems to have a small grudge of some sort.  He is really a very good analysis (in my opinion), but...

I really love his comments, most of the time, he is refreshing and does not beat around the bush.   

He does sound like he knows things, but he sure seems to have a grudge of some kind.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #889 on: October 02, 2010, 12:52:43 PM »

He does sound like he knows things, but he sure seems to have a grudge of some kind.

He is darn tootin' sure of himself.  He is a Lawyer and would be privy to information that is not public knowledge, yet.

He was a Police Chief for 24 years?  BM would have connections, I trust his opinions.

He comes across as if someone stole his Lunch. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #890 on: October 02, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »

I was just watching the video, how sad.  I feel so bad for them.

Listening to Desiree is just heart breaking. I don't know how she hasn't had a total mental breakdown. There is absolutely nothing she can do, and must feel helpless.
For all the Terri supporters who rave about what a wonderful step-mother Terri was to Kyron.......her actions and behavior since Kyron disappeared have negated every loving thing she did for Kyron in the past. She has failed Kyron!

No innocent mother/step-mother who truly loved their child, would hide behind an attorney, and not be forthcoming with every scintilla of information to help LE find him. Even if it ends up she had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, she has still failed as a mother, not only to Kyron, but to Kiara, and James as well.

JMO
See Me ITA! Great post! Thanks!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: October 02, 2010, 01:05:46 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #892 on: October 02, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »

Melancholygirl that statement kind of upsets me. I am a "step". I do not have natural children and grandchildren and step children and grandchildren. I have 6 kids and 9 grandkids and 2 great grandkids. I can not imagine a grandparent being in the life of their grandchildren for all those years and then saying "they aren't really family". I really hope that TH's parents have done to help find Kyron. If not then they are not any better than TH.
I don't know who did this to Kyron but I hope that when they do find out that they are hung in a public display. Maybe if we went back to a little more barbaric punishment some of this crap would stop.
[/quote]

I didn't mean to upset anyone, obviously, I did.  I apologize.

I also come from a blended family (mom had two kids from previous marriage, she remarried and had my brother and me).  I can tell you without a doubt, my oldest brother and sister do NOT consider my father their father  and they do not consider their siblings "full family".  I don't think they would be inclined to help out financially or otherwise if my nieces or nephews went missing. (I have no kids)

To me family is family regardless of "step" or "adoptin" or "foster" or "whatever".  You help no matter what.  But I also know not everyone believes this .

And I agree if TH's parents haven't pitched in then they're just as bad as Terri. 
melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #893 on: October 02, 2010, 01:42:50 PM »

Sorry - the quotes above didn't transfer over well and I find that I can't actually read what I'm typing when I use the quotes.  Sad

I do want you all to know I truly didn't mean to upset anyone with my statement. 

One reason why I thought up that Kyron isn't "family" is that she didn't do this to "her" kids.  "Her" children are both safe and sound.  Kyrn was the odd man out here and he's missing.  Does that make sense??
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: October 02, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »

Sorry - the quotes above didn't transfer over well and I find that I can't actually read what I'm typing when I use the quotes.  Sad

I do want you all to know I truly didn't mean to upset anyone with my statement. 

One reason why I thought up that Kyron isn't "family" is that she didn't do this to "her" kids.  "Her" children are both safe and sound.  Kyrn was the odd man out here and he's missing.  Does that make sense??

I want to apologize to you, you were responding to a post that I made. I guess like always that I didn't word it proper. Was trying to say that if Terri's parents are 100% behind her they probably wouldn't contribute to a reward fund because they would feel the police and family are attacking her needlessly. Have no idea what Terri's parents think or have done to help or not help. And I'm not doing any bad talking about families, whether they are step families or not. Just trying to show another reason why Terri's parents may not want to help.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: October 02, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »

Police release sketch of sex offender near Portland school

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-warn-...103951459.html

Link isn't working.  Wonder why article was pulled?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #896 on: October 02, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »

I want to apologize to you, you were responding to a post that I made. I guess like always that I didn't word it proper. Was trying to say that if Terri's parents are 100% behind her they probably wouldn't contribute to a reward fund because they would feel the police and family are attacking her needlessly. Have no idea what Terri's parents think or have done to help or not help. And I'm not doing any bad talking about families, whether they are step families or not. Just trying to show another reason why Terri's parents may not want to help.
[/quote]

No problem! And I was really trying to say what you just said.  I was too blunt and not clear. 

I think I made a poor statement and I understand how it is also and upsetting statement.  Bleh.  It wasn't my intent and I should try to think a little longer before I post something like that.

{{Hugs}} 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: October 02, 2010, 02:24:28 PM »

No problem! And I was really trying to say what you just said.  I was too blunt and not clear. 

I think I made a poor statement and I understand how it is also and upsetting statement.  Bleh.  It wasn't my intent and I should try to think a little longer before I post something like that.

{{Hugs}} 
[/quote]I have a problem that whatever I think I write down, and don't explain myself, I know what I'm trying to say, but others may not  HUGS
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: October 02, 2010, 02:30:19 PM »

Police release sketch of sex offender near Portland school

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-warn-...103951459.html

Link isn't working.  Wonder why article was pulled?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: October 02, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »

I posted the full link, video and article right below that post.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.