April 28, 2024, 03:52:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 174542 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: October 02, 2010, 05:32:01 PM »

Maybe they're trying to do one more organized search before hunting season gets underway, which would make searches more dangerous. 

When that hunting season link was posted the other day, I believe it said youth hunting day on Sauvie Island was Sept 12-14 or something like that.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: October 02, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »

Maybe they're trying to do one more organized search before hunting season gets underway, which would make searches more dangerous. 

didnt we read that they, only search on tips, now that they have scaled back
That is what I read also CW.

I hope today's search will be fruitful, and reveal some sort of evidence to help find Kyron.   He's been gone way too long. 

Me too MuffyBee.
I could hardly bear to watch Desiree in that press conference that was held.
I agree, he's been gone way to long.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: October 02, 2010, 05:34:02 PM »

Sauvie Island

NANCY GRACE
Aired July 1, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Tonight, joining us, special guest Harry Oakes with search dog Willow, the owner of International K-9 Search and Rescue. He is searching for Kyron Horman. Harry, thank you for being with us. I understand that you and your dog went to Sauvie Island. What happened?

HARRY OAKES, INTERNATIONAL K-9 SEARCH AND RESCUE: Well, we brought in search dog Willow, search dog Tyler (ph), and introduced them to what`s called cadaver scent, searching a variety of areas. And both dogs alerted at a specific location along a houseboat area. We brought a second search dog team in today independent of our search dog teams, and they confirmed the location. But again, all we know is a dead human. We have no idea who it is.

GRACE:  You stated that your dogs hit. What was the terrain in which they hit? And was it the cadaver scent on which they hit...

OAKES: Yes.

GRACE: ... or was it -- tell me.

OAKES: We used cadaver scent because the family refuses to give us a scent article of Kyron. So all we have to work on is the cadaver scent. And they hit in the water.

GRACE: Well, we`ve got one cadaver hit from Harry Oakes. He is an independent. He is not with the police. Police have taken out their dogs. They did not get a hit.

And it is true, isn`t it, Mr. Harry Oakes, that dogs can hit on a cadaver scent and it could be other human remain? It could be human byproduct and not necessarily a dead body, Mr. Oakes?

OAKES: That`s correct. Anything that -- it could be a rotting shoe that hasn`t been washed. It could be a dirty sock. But they`re not going to give a death alert on that but they will alert on that. But we did get a death alert from three different search dogs that are qualified to search for people on land and the water.

GRACE: I want to clarify something that was said earlier about the Horman family not giving Harry Oakes and his search dogs items of Kyron`s clothing.

They have handed over multiple items to police to use for their tracker dogs. They did not give them to Harry Oakes. They said that they are cooperating with police only. Is that correct, Mr. Oakes?

OAKES: As I know.

GRACE: Repeat?

OAKES: As far as I know that statement is correct. We made multiple pleas to get a scent article. If they`re so concerned about finding their son, who cares who finds him?

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/01/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #943 on: October 02, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »

I re-watched Desiree's press video. Poor lady is grief stricken. To loose a child is horrific. It is torture for her not knowing where Kyron is. May God Bless Her and give her strength to keep going.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: October 02, 2010, 05:35:07 PM »

scanner calling out a k9, i dont know why
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=348
Thanks.  What did they say?

searching a house and property, on a street that starts with the letter m
sorry thats all i got the dogs barked couldnt hear

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #945 on: October 02, 2010, 05:38:01 PM »

I posted the full link, video and article right below that post.   

Hi Klaas & Monkeys,

Sorry... I'm confused.  (Been out of town & now jumping in with just a few minutes to catch up)
   Is the video posted the presser with Desiree?  That's what I'd like to see....
   If so, could you bump it again, please?
   Or, if it was something else...  could someone, anyone bump any links to the presser?

TIA!

Here ya go Koko.  http://www.katu.com/news/local/104184569.html?tab=video

Thanks Sassi! 
I've missed you... thanks for your help.
Hugs,
K. Cat!

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: October 02, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »

Thanks.  What did they say?

Here's a good map of Sauvie Island

http://sauvieisland.org/

Click on the map at the bottom
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: October 02, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »

Thanks.  What did they say?

Here's a good map of Sauvie Island

http://sauvieisland.org/

Click on the map at the bottom
Thank you Klaas!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #948 on: October 02, 2010, 05:43:36 PM »

Oh wow, a specific property 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: October 02, 2010, 05:45:06 PM »

When that hunting season link was posted the other day, I believe it said youth hunting day on Sauvie Island was Sept 12-14 or something like that.

FWIW-Here's an article that has some of the hunting dates/info.  But I really hope the search on Sauvie is based on a tip and if it was said searches would only be done based on tips, maybe LE got a tip or some additional information.
http://www.democratherald.com/news/local/article_95dca48a-c850-11df-b131-001cc4c03286.html
Hunting seasons start in October
September 25, 2010

The peak of Oregon’s hunting season begins next month, and ODFW reminds hunters that playing it safe is the first step to a successful hunt.
(snip)
The peak of the hunting season is October through January, but hunting is open all year for some wildlife in some areas. Visit the ODFW Recreation Report for a list of which hunting seasons are open in specific areas.

The major fall hunting seasons in Oregon:

• Oct. 2-15, Oct. 23-Nov. 5: Western Oregon general deer rifle seasons in the Cascades.

• Oct. 2-Nov. 5: Western Oregon general rifle deer season on the coast.

• Oct. 2-13: The majority of controlled (limited-entry) rifle deer hunting in eastern Oregon occurs.

• Oct. 16-22: Cascade elk season.

• Nov. 13-16 and 20-26: Coast elk seasons.

Last year, more than 96,000 hunters participated in western Oregon general deer rifle hunts and almost 60,000 participated in eastern Oregon limited deer hunting.

Upland and migratory bird seasons vary by species and location, but generally start in September or October and extend through December or January. The department reminds hunters to check the appropriate regulations before setting out.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: October 02, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »

Oh wow, a specific property 

I'm hoping something turns up that can help find Kyron.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #951 on: October 02, 2010, 05:46:40 PM »

Thank-you for the Sauvie Island map, just a beautiful area.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #952 on: October 02, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »

Search For Kyron moves back to Sauvie Island

PORTLAND, Ore. - The search for Kyron Horman intensified Saturday.

More than 160 people, ranging from volunteers to searchers from a number of public agencies, combed parts of Sauvie Island. That's the biggest number of searchers since shortly after the seven-year-old went missing in June.

Since then, Kyron has had a birthday; a Wall of Hope which was first erected at his school was built, grew, and finally moved; Kyron's father filed for divorce from his wife, Terri Moulton Horman; relatives and associates have made accusations and pointed fingers the case gained national attention - but through all of this, the boy remains missing. Despite all the accusations, so far there have been no arrests.

Early evidence moved much of the search effort from the area immediately around Skyline School, where Kyron was last reported seen, to Sauvie Island. Several major search efforts were made there, but if those search efforts yielded serious clues, law officers weren't revealing much about them. Nor were they specific about why this weekend's massive search was launched.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Search-For-Kyron-moves-back-to-Sauvie-Island/RCvY7WYw7k2yJVysnp-sWQ.cspx

Thanks, Brandi!

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: October 02, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »

Tamikosmom
thanks, and what a great file system you have

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: October 02, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104213469.html

Search renews on Sauvie Island for Kyron

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/104213469.html
By KATU News, KATU.com Staff and News Sources October 2, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. – The day after the mother of missing child Kyron Horman made a sudden and emotional plea for help to get the reward increased, searchers once again converged on an outer Northwest Portland island that has been a focal point of the search since the 8 year old's disappearance.

Multnomah County Sheriff’s Public Information Officer Lt. Mary Lindstrand confirms that search and rescue teams from eight Portland-area agencies are conducting a search on Sauvie Island for Kyron Horman, the 8-year-old boy who went missing after being dropped off at Skyline Elementary School on June 4.

Lindstrand stressed that this search “is not the result of any new leads but the sheriff’s desire to be thorough in their investigation.”

After spending more than a million dollars looking for missing Kyron Horman, the Multnomah County Sheriff has called for outside help and is narrowing the search for Kyron. Sheriff Dan Staton said Multnomah County detectives would make up 30 percent of the team and outside agencies would provide the rest.

This Oct. 2 search follows a hastily organized press conference on Friday by Kyron’s mother, Desiree Young, who wants donors to help raise the reward offered for her son’s safe return to at least $350,000 – the amount insiders believe Kyron's stepmother paid to hire her the criminal attorney representative her in this matter. The reward stood at around $50,000 on Friday, for information leading to an arrest and conviction in this case.

KATU Reporter Margy Lynch was first reporter on the scene Saturday, covering what could be the largest search and rescue effort since the first search sweep for Kyron after his June 4 disappearance. Sauvie Island is about 15 miles north of Skyline School where Kyron attended second grade and is believed to have disappeared from a morning science fair. The road from Skyline School to Sauvie Island, Northwest Cornelius Pass Road, also has been the focus of renewed searches in this case.

The reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in this case stood at around $50,000 on Friday. Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, asked the public to donate to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office reward fund. She also specifically asked for the family of Terri, the stepmother who took Kyron to school the day he disappeared, to donate at least as much as Terri is rumored to have spent on her $350,000 criminal attorney.

There has been no sign of Kyron for 17 weeks.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: October 02, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104213469.html

Search renews on Sauvie Island for Kyron

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/104213469.html
By KATU News, KATU.com Staff and News Sources October 2, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. – The day after the mother of missing child Kyron Horman made a sudden and emotional plea for help to get the reward increased, searchers once again converged on an outer Northwest Portland island that has been a focal point of the search since the 8 year old's disappearance.

Multnomah County Sheriff’s Public Information Officer Lt. Mary Lindstrand confirms that search and rescue teams from eight Portland-area agencies are conducting a search on Sauvie Island for Kyron Horman, the 8-year-old boy who went missing after being dropped off at Skyline Elementary School on June 4.

Lindstrand stressed that this search “is not the result of any new leads but the sheriff’s desire to be thorough in their investigation.”

After spending more than a million dollars looking for missing Kyron Horman, the Multnomah County Sheriff has called for outside help and is narrowing the search for Kyron. Sheriff Dan Staton said Multnomah County detectives would make up 30 percent of the team and outside agencies would provide the rest.

This Oct. 2 search follows a hastily organized press conference on Friday by Kyron’s mother, Desiree Young, who wants donors to help raise the reward offered for her son’s safe return to at least $350,000 – the amount insiders believe Kyron's stepmother paid to hire her the criminal attorney representative her in this matter. The reward stood at around $50,000 on Friday, for information leading to an arrest and conviction in this case.

KATU Reporter Margy Lynch was first reporter on the scene Saturday, covering what could be the largest search and rescue effort since the first search sweep for Kyron after his June 4 disappearance. Sauvie Island is about 15 miles north of Skyline School where Kyron attended second grade and is believed to have disappeared from a morning science fair. The road from Skyline School to Sauvie Island, Northwest Cornelius Pass Road, also has been the focus of renewed searches in this case.

The reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in this case stood at around $50,000 on Friday. Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, asked the public to donate to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office reward fund. She also specifically asked for the family of Terri, the stepmother who took Kyron to school the day he disappeared, to donate at least as much as Terri is rumored to have spent on her $350,000 criminal attorney.

There has been no sign of Kyron for 17 weeks.

Thanks Klaas!

LE must have solid info to return to Sauvie Island for another search??? Right?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #956 on: October 02, 2010, 06:31:49 PM »

I have search and searched the map of Sauvie Island on Google. I can't find a Road that starts with an M.  The only Road isn't on Sauvie Island but runs right along Hwy 30 and is NW Mill Rd.
Someone on another forum had been down that road looking around they were lead there by a Psychic. Said it was a weird area there is a salvage yard down there. I wonder if they are searching both side of the river along that stretch of moorages.

Oh please let them find what they are looking for and bring Kyron home.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: October 02, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »

I have search and searched the map of Sauvie Island on Google. I can't find a Road that starts with an M.  The only Road isn't on Sauvie Island but runs right along Hwy 30 and is NW Mill Rd.
Someone on another forum had been down that road looking around they were lead there by a Psychic. Said it was a weird area there is a salvage yard down there. I wonder if they are searching both side of the river along that stretch of moorages.

I couldn't find the "M" road either....lol
I'm listening to the police scanner, and will post if I hear anything else.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #958 on: October 02, 2010, 06:37:07 PM »

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: October 02, 2010, 06:41:23 PM »

IDR reading about this

snip
Jung: "Because we do get calls every day from readers, from the public being concerned about — do they really have someone in mind or, for instance, the incident out in St. Helens — is there someone who could still be out there — a stranger taking children?"

Staton: "The only comment that I could have on that right now is we have no evidence that there is anybody — that there's a serial — that this is a serial type of event that's taking place. The St. Helens event — after going through, listening to what actually transpired, the interview process, their investigation on that, it's not related to this event. That is a separate isolated event and there's nothing that would indicate we have one person running around. It just fell into that category. This is one of the reasons why this particular investigation did not jump into that investigation. Had it led to that belief, I believe we would have went in that direction."
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

story
Arrest made after St. Helens child abduction attempt
Story Published: Jun 9, 2010 at 10:21 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM PDT

snip
St. Helens is located about 20 miles north of Portland along the Columbia River.

In a press release, the St. Helens Police Department said a male fifth-grade student walking home from Lewis and Clark Grade School was approached and grabbed by an unknown male suspect on Tuesday, June 8.
http://www.katu.com/news/95973029.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.