April 20, 2024, 06:39:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Pressure mounting for Rajendra Pachauri to resign as IPCC head"  (Read 973 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 23, 2010, 07:23:07 AM »

Tim Yeo, chairman of the House of Commons Energy and Climate Change Select Committee, joined calls for his resignation this morning.

"I’m afraid I think Dr Pachauri should resign. Firstly he personally has lost credibility, particularly in relation to his claim about the melting of the Himalayan glaciers in the next 30 years," he told the BBC.

He added: "It’s vital that this body is led by someone whose academic and intellectual credentials are unquestioned and I’m afraid that can no longer be said of him."

A damning report into the running of the UN climate change panel by the independent InterAcademy Council recommend last month that the chairman should serve only one six-year-term at a time and called for checks on conflicts of interest by board members.

I wonder what those conflicts of interest might be?
more here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/8019691/Pressure-mounting-for-Rajendra-Pachauri-to-resign-as-IPCC-head.html

Any hope we can save the 'Beans N Dogs' nation before it's too late?

One man's sustainable development, may mean a nation reduced to not only 'Beans N Dogs' for the middle class, but beans and rice for the working poor.  Meanwhile, the White House parties on, and feasts on lobster and Kobe beef.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.