March 28, 2024, 02:54:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recall on Peanut Butter  (Read 5386 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« on: February 15, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »

Just a message from this morning's news coverage......Peter Pan and Great Value Peanut Butter with the product number 2111 (and other numbers which do not matter) is being recalled because of a potential to cause salmonella.

I have a jar right here on my desk...!  Bought it last week at Walmart.
Please check your pantry... Smile    Mere

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/14/salmonella.outbreak.ap/index.html

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Just a message from this morning's news coverage......Peter Pan and Great Value Peanut Butter with the product number 2111 (and other numbers which do not matter) is being recalled because of a potential to cause salmonella.

I have a jar right here on my desk...!  Bought it last week at Walmart.
Please check your pantry... Smile    Mere

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/14/salmonella.outbreak.ap/index.html

Thanks Mere.  I'll go check mine now.  Peter Pan is all I buy.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:40:41 AM »

Holy Moly!!!!  Shocked  Shocked

Just checked my pnut butter.  It's got the 2111 as the first numbers.  Guess I better take it back to wolly world.  I did have a pnut butter and jelly sandwich last week, and didn't get sick, but I'm not taking any chances.  Thank you so much Mere for telling us.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

I found the info before I got on here. Checked ours and sure enough we had those numbers as well.

Two jars, one smooth one crunchy. I had opened one jar this am to make peanut butter, birdseed pine cones for the birds. Made them and the Starlings have really been having a ball eating them. Hope they do not get diarhea since the peanut butter pine cones are hanging on poles on the deck. LOL I am leaving them out anyway. We do not love the starlings because they are so many of them and they are so greedy.

This all does make me wonder, my sis was hospitalised this past summer with Salmanella. She was really ill. They thought it had came from a restaruant they had breakfast in. Now I wonder because they were also camping at the time. I will have to ask her if she ate Peanut butter during that time.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »

Hi there....I think this is an important recall....so I went over to the lively and put it there "OT"....another monkey there had the 2111 peanut butter.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »

Thanks MeMere... red and I eat pb all the time... like little kids and of course, we had the contaminated numbers on our jar... but it's almost finished!!  Not taking chances, though.  

I had also bought some JIF extra crunchy... sighing loudly...

I hate it when that happens, but I am thankful so far neither Red nor I have gotten sick.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 08:20:19 PM »

snoopy and mrs red.....yikes...just checked mine...sure enough 2111.....i had pb&j sandwich last weekend...but i am ok....but my husband has had a major stomach virus.... Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 11:47:07 PM »

same here, cuz. Threw mine out tonight...Almost a full jar too!

Bring Natalee home...
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 04:00:21 PM »

Many thanks to MeMere for bringing this to attention.  I had two jars, one of which was opened.  My 6 yr old grandson got very ill over the weekend, but I would have never connected it to the peanut butter.  My daughter has a 2 1/2 lb container from the same lot, my sister in Virginia had 4 jars from the same lot;  looks like a large number of people/households were affected.  

You can check the website, www.conagrafoods.com for info on refunds for the products.  Go under the "Investors" tab and on left hand side, click on link for "recent news".

Thanks again.  I don't know that I would have seen the info so quickly had MeMere not brought it to SM.
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 09:25:51 AM »

***PLEASE READ..IMPORTANT Update ** As of this morning they are recalling ALL jars of peterpan peanut butter and I assume that means great value too, regardless of the numbers on the jars.
  I am trying to find a news article on it..I heard it on Headline News this morning.

And my husband thought I over reacted the other day by throwing out ALL our peanut butter from walmart. HA!

They also issued a warning and recalling cantaloupes for the same reason...salmonella.

First spinach, then peanut butter, and now cantaloupe, I think it is a conspiracy to scare me out of eating everything i love..if this be true, then next on the list will be Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheescake ice cream or Chex's peanut Lovers. Sad
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 11:42:49 AM »

Just want to thank you for this thread.  We had two, unopened jars of PP that had that code...now we have no peanut butter in the house.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.