April 27, 2024, 02:47:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft Bend Cty TX Mother & 18 mo toddler found shot to death(Solved)  (Read 4347 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 24, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/crime/stories/khou090724_mh_fort-bend-shooting.71df056d.html
Mother, toddler found shot to death in Fort Bend County

04:36 PM CDT on Friday, July 24, 2009
 FORT BEND COUNTY -- A mother and her 18-month-old daughter were found dead in their Fort Bend County home Friday.

11 News

Both had gunshot wounds, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.

The home is in the 2400 block of Padgett Court, just north of Sugar Land.

The victim's husband called 911.

An 11 News crew is on the way to the scene and we'll will have more details as soon as they are available.

We will have live reports on 11 News at 5 and 6 p.m.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:09:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:29:54 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/crime/stories/khou090724_mh_fort-bend-shooting.71df056d.html

05:25 PM CDT on Friday, July 24, 2009

KHOU.com staff report

FORT BEND COUNTY -- A mother and her 18-month-old daughter were found dead in their Fort Bend County home Friday.

11 News

Both had gunshot wounds, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said the victim's husband was mowing the lawn and when he went inside he found the bodies inside a bathtub.

He called 911 and was very distraught, according to deputies.

Homicide detectives from Fort Bend County were collecting evidence at the scene Friday evening.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou090724_mh_fort-bend-shooting.71df056d.html

06:04 PM CDT on Friday, July 24, 2009

KHOU.com staff report

FORT BEND COUNTY, Texas -- A mother and her 18-month-old daughter were found dead in their Fort Bend County home Friday.
 Each had a gunshot wounds to the torso, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said the victim's husband was mowing the lawn and when he went inside he found the bodies inside an upstairs bathtub.

A 45-calibur handgun was in the tub beside the bodies.

The husband called 911 and was very distraught, according to deputies.

He told deputies that his 25-year-old wife had been dealing with bipolar issues.

Homicide detectives from Fort Bend County were collecting evidence at the scene Friday evening.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6546107.html
Sugar Land mom, baby found shot to death
Officers suspect murder-suicide

By MIKE GLENN
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
July 25, 2009, 7:42AM

A Sugar Land woman and her 18-month-old daughter were found shot to death inside their home Friday afternoon in what investigators suspect was a case of murder-suicide.

The toddler was sitting in her mother's lap in the upstairs bathroom of the family's home in the 2400 block of Padgett Court. Each had a single gunshot wound to the upper torso, Fort Bend County sheriff's deputies said.

"The baby was found in the bathtub with the mother," said Chief Deputy Craig Brady. Also discovered in the empty tub was the .45-caliber pistol that investigators said they believe was used.

The woman's husband was mowing the lawn about 2:30 p.m. when he went inside and found the bodies of his wife and daughter. He immediately called 911, officials said.

Brady said the man did not hear the gunshots because of the noise from the lawn mower.

He seemed to be in a daze as deputies took him in for a formal interview.

“He just lost his entire family," said Fort Bend County sheriff's Capt. James Burger.

The man's hands will be tested for trace of gunpowder residue, but sheriff's officials said they have no reason to suspect he was responsible.

“The investigation has just barely begun,“ Brady said. “There's nothing to indicate the husband is not telling the truth.“

Sheriff's officials have not released any identities. The family was originally from Dallas and had recently moved into the home, authorities said.

They said the woman, believed to be about 25, had been suffering from emotional issues and may have been bipolar.

“But, she had been doing better lately,“ Brady said.

There were no records of any past police calls to the home, Brady said.

Several residents in the neighborhood watched with concern as the deputies continued their investigation behind crime scene tape.

"I'm a mother of five and it strikes me kind of hard," said Deirdre Rivette. “What could have triggered her to do that?“

Rivette said she saw the woman earlier this week pushing her daughter in a stroller toward a nearby park.

"She never really interacted with anyone," Rivette said. "She was very subdued."

The bodies were taken to the Galveston County Medical Examiner’s Office, where their identities and cause of death will officially be confirmed. Fort Bend has no such office.

Since LE says suicide/murder is only suspected and the investigation isn't completed, I don't feel it's time to move this into "solved". 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:48:44 PM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/breaking/6546107.html
Sugar Land mom, baby found shot to death
Officers suspect murder-suicide

By CINDY GEORGE
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
July 25, 2009, 7:13PM
The sound track on her sunny yellow MySpace page is the bouncy early 1990s hit I Love Your Smile.

The song of carefree happiness and pictures of her daughter, Halley, contrasts an apparently troubled young mother.

Kiljuana Clark, 25, is suspected of shooting her 18-month-old, then turning the gun on herself Friday afternoon while her husband mowed the lawn of their Sugar Land home.

Fort Bend authorities said the toddler was sitting on her mother's lap in the upstairs bathtub of the home in the 2400 block of Padgett Court. Each had a single gunshot wound to the upper torso. Also found in the tub was the .45-caliber pistol investigators said they believe was used in the shootings.

Officials have said that Clark had been suffering from emotional issues and may have been bipolar, but was doing better lately.

Recent weeks aren't documented on her MySpace page.
Excited about birthday

Going by the handle Special K, Kiljuana LaShun Kyles Clark last logged in July 9. The most recent entry indicates that she loved fashion and was excited about celebrating her birthday in August.

“I've already started planning for a fun, exquisite, high-class celebration!!” she wrote. “I love surprises (I really like to tear the paper off).”

She gave hints of gifts she'd like to receive: a Donna Karan fragrance, cash, “something irreplaceable” and “something very, very pretty.”

Other posts indicate Clark leaned on her faith, drawing strength from the Bible and devotional books.

She wrote that her heroes were anyone who “has overcome a struggle without making excuses for their personal shortcomings and taking ownership for their individual situation and taking action to make life better.”
Moved from Dallas

Investigators said the family was originally from Dallas and had recently moved into the residence. There were no records of past police calls to the home, authorities said.

Social networking Web sites indicate that Clark is 2001 graduate of J.F. Kimball High School in Dallas and attended the University of Houston.

A man reached in Dallas by telephone, who relatives identified as Clark's father, had little to say about they tragedy.

“It's been hard, right now,” he said.

Records indicate Clark and her husband were married in 2004. Her 26-year-old spouse could not be reached for comment.

Officials have said the lawn mower's roar prevented him from hearing the gunshots.

The man discovered the bodies of his wife and daughter when he went inside about 2:30 p.m. Friday, authorities said.

Fort Bend Sheriff's officials said the husband's hands will be tested for traces of gunpowder residue, but they do not believe he was involved in the shootings.

The bodies were taken to the Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office, which performs autopsies for Fort Bend County. The cause of the deaths will be confirmed in a day or two, Fort Bend Sheriff's spokeswoman Terri-ann Carlson said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »

Just searched for update after husband hands were tested for GSR, but found nothing. I don't see the husbands name printed, so I can't look him up in a search.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »

Muffy---what say you?  Nothing to solve? Husbands name is Fletcher Clark III and it appears to be murder/suicide w/ him being left behind. Sad......... here is the obit
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?n=kiljuana-and-hallye-clark&pid=130593739
beautiful photo

move to solved?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »

Muffy---what say you?  Nothing to solve? Husbands name is Fletcher Clark III and it appears to be murder/suicide w/ him being left behind. Sad......... here is the obit
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?n=kiljuana-and-hallye-clark&pid=130593739
beautiful photo

move to solved?

Very, very sad.

Yes, we should move this thread to " Finally Solved", Nut.  Thank you for the updated an for posting the obit.

Rest in peace Kiljuana and Hallye  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey  Prayers for Mr. Clark, family and friends.  This had to be so difficult.  

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.