April 20, 2024, 12:06:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hser Ner Moo, 7, Amber Alert Issued Salt Lake 3/31/08 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 13030 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 01, 2008, 04:03:14 PM »

Police fear foul play in disappearance of 7-year-old South Salt Lake girl

04/01/2008
 Police said Tuesday morning they are "concerned there is foul play involved" in the case of a 7-year-old South Salt Lake girl who has been missing since 2 p.m. Monday.   An Amber Alert was issued at 9:30 a.m. for Hser Ner Moo, (pronounced Soo Na Moo). By 1:15 p.m., police were shutting off access to the girl's apartment complex and were treating it as a crime scene. Officers began checking the identification of residents as they drove in.

South Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Snyder said the alert was not issued earlier because there was no evidence of an abduction, there was a possibility the girl might be with friends and they were waiting to see if she returned this morning.

But given the time that had elapsed, the fact that overnight searches came up empty and that the girl was not with classmates, the alert was issued Tuesday morning.

"I'm going to face scrutiny either way," Snyder said. "If I issue it later, people would say, 'Why did you wait so long?' If I issue is earlier, it's a case of, 'Is it being abused? Is it being issued properly?' From my standpoint, it is [being used properly]. I'm not taking any chances."      There were also questions about why a Tuesday search was not underway by mid-morning.  Snyder said it would be the third "exhaustive" search since the girl disappeared.

More than 100 volunteers joined police and U.S. Marshals who searched through the night for Hser.
    Earlier Tuesday, police were searching vehicles entering and leaving the South Parc apartments at 2250 S. 500 East, where Hser lives with her family and where she was last seen. Other officers searched door to door in the neighborhood, while investigators contacted all known friends and acquaintances of the family.

Snyder said officers are asking for consent searches of all houses in the area in their effort to find Hser, and that they have had cooperation from almost everyone they have approached. He said police also have interviewed about 40 registered sex offenders who live in the area.

Salt Lake City detectives who worked on the Destiny Norton case also are helping. Five-year-old Destiny was kidnapped and murdered in 2006.
    By 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, about 150 volunteer searchers who began assembling at 7 a.m. at the LDS ward house at 2280 S. 300 East finally were being divided into groups.

Some volunteers were expressing frustration that Tuesday's search was not begun
missing map sooner.

The word was that everyone was waiting for the arrival of the Utah Attorney General's Child Abduction Response Team.
    "The Attorney General has taken over command and told us to wait until they get here," said Damon Talbot, a member of Destiny Search.
    Marilyn Brusch, a city council member who had been signing up volunteers Tuesday morning, said search efforts the previous night "seemed a lot more organized. ... I just can't believe this many people have been waiting around."
    Brusch said several volunteers told her they could wait no longer and were leaving.
    Besides noting it was the third search, Snyder also pointed out that police were not notified the girl was missing until four hours after she was last seen.

>>>>the complete article
http://origin.sltrib.com/ci_8765468

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:33:03 AM by klaasend » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:12:03 PM »

2250 S 500 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84106, USA

Sex Offenders within 1 mile radius
http://www.us-sex-offenders.com/map.aspx

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:12:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 10:05:07 PM »

I have that sick feeling this isn't going to turn out well 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 12:32:02 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344469,00.html

Body of Missing 7-Year-Old Utah Girl Reportedly Found
Wednesday, April 02, 2008

KSTU-TV in Utah is getting witness reports that the body of missing 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo was found Tuesday night. The television station is also hearing reports that three people may have been arrested in connection with the death.

A news conference on the case is expected Tuesday night.

Click here for more on this story from MyFOXUtah.com.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 12:40:53 AM »

Body of Missing 7-Year-Old Utah Girl Reportedly Found

KSTU-TV in Utah is getting witness reports that the body of missing 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo was found Tuesday night. The television station is also hearing reports that three people may have been arrested in connection with the death.

A news conference on the case is expected Tuesday night.

Click here for more on this story from MyFOXUtah.com.

(snipped)

Her body was found in an apartment in the complex at 7pm in the bathroom of that apartment.  There are 5 people in custody.  Trauma was present. 

So sad and sensless.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 07:25:39 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:13:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »

Poor little Hser Ner Moo.....and now her family must carry on without her. 5 people in custody!!! WTH!!! When you look at the sex predator map of those located within one mile of her family's address.....yikes the neighborhood was crawling.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 03:30:44 PM »

Police: Man Confesses to Causing Death of Missing 7-Year-Old Utah Girl

ADVERTISEMENT
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah —

A man confessed to causing the death of a missing 7-year-old girl who was found in the bathroom of an apartment in her family's complex, police said.

Esar Met, 21, was being held Wednesday on charges of aggravated murder, kidnapping and evidence tampering. Police took five people into custody on suspicion of homicide Tuesday night.

Police on Tuesday night found the body of Hser Nay Moo, who disappeared Monday from the apartment complex after an argument with her 10-year-old brother.

Click here to read the probable cause statement (pdf).

Met admitted to authorities to confining Hser in the "residence by force, resulting in her death," as well as to trying to conceal the body, according to the Salt Lake County jail document.

Police found Hser's body in a South Parc apartment after obtaining a search warrant for three remaining units at the complex that had yet to be investigated, MyFOXUtah reported.

"Our hearts and our sympathies go out to the family," South Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Snyder said at a press conference. "This has been a very tough case for all of us."

Snyder called the discovery of Hser's body a "tragic ending" to the case.

A man in handcuffs wearing white coveralls was put into a police car Wednesday morning, MyFOXUtah reported.

Police took four suspects into custody on suspicion of homicide and later apprehended a fifth, Snyder said.

Hser's body showed signs of "trauma" but authorities do not know how she died, and an autopsy will be performed, he said.

More than 800 people searched for Hser, Snyder said, adding that investigators went without sleep in hopes of finding the little girl alive.

Police didn't release the names of the suspects taken into custody.

Through an interpreter, Hser's father, Cartoon Wah, told The Salt Lake Tribune he saw the girl leave the apartment and walk south. He said his daughter didn't respond when he asked where she was going.

He described his daughter as smart and skilled.

Wah, a Burmese immigrant who came to the United States last year, has five children. Hser was his only daughter.

"We came from Burma where we had a lot of trials in our past life," he said earlier in the day. "Then we come to America and it happens again."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 07:57:47 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2989692

Police: Girl likely killed before family knew she was missing
April 2, 2008
Sandra Yi and Randall Jeppesen reporting

This afternoon, police revealed what they believed happened during the final hour of Hser Nay Moo's life.

Police say the 7-year-old was likely dead before her family realized she was missing. South Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Snyder said, "It [murder] occurred within the hour, within an hour of her leaving her house. He left fairly quickly, probably before the family even knew she was missing."

Police believe after she left her apartment, she went directly to the suspect's apartment. Investigators don't know if she was invited in the apartment or if she asked to come in. Police believe she was in the apartment for a while when there was an altercation. Snyder would not go into details.

According to the probable cause statement we obtained from the jail, 21-year-old Esar Met admitted to trying to confine 7-year-old Hser Nay Moo in the apartment by force, resulting in her death. It goes on to say that he admitted to trying to hide the body and other forensic evidence.

Four people living in the apartment where she was found knew the family. Police say she had been in the apartment several times. Police do not know if the family knew Met.

It's believed Met lived in the apartment complex for about 30 days, which is as long as he has been in the country. Police say he does not have a criminal record.

The apartment has three levels. It's believed the suspect lived in the basement, and that the other four roommates never went there. The roommates were questioned and released.

Snyder would not release details on whether she was sexually assaulted or how she died. Police would not comment on a motive or if a weapon was found.

Snyder said an autopsy was performed this morning, but results won't be available for six to eight weeks.

Gary Keller, South Salt lake Police Department said, "We're looking at charges of aggravated kidnapping and aggravated murder. Those charges have not been formally charged yet, and it will be up to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office on those charges."

A donation fund has been set up for the family of Hser Nay Moo at Zions Bank. Donations can be made to a fund in her parent's names, Cartoon and Pearlie Wah. You can donate at any Zions Bank location.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 01:04:16 AM »

Such a cute little girl.  Such a brutal death.  This father will never recover, he adored this little one.  Prayers for her family.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »

Man Who Confessed to Causing Death of Missing 7-Year-Old Utah Girl Knew Her Family
Thursday, April 03, 2008

SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah —  The man who admitted to keeping a missing 7-year-old girl against her will in his apartment and later killing her knew the girl's family, police said.

Esar Met, 21, was booked on charges of aggravated murder, kidnapping and evidence tampering after confessing to the crime.

Police on Tuesday night found the body of Hser Nay Moo, who disappeared Monday from the apartment complex after an argument with her 10-year-old brother. Hser's body was found in the bathroom of Met's basement apartment, which is in the same complex where her family lives, MyFOXUtah reported.

Hser was killed within an hour of when she left her home, South Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Snyder said at a press conference Wednesday.

Hser went to Met's apartment, where she often played, according to police.

"We do not know how she got in, whether or not she was invited in or whether or not she asked to go in," Snyder said.

Met hid the body and left the apartment after a physical altercation with Hser that led to her death, Snyder said. Snyder would not release Hser's cause of death or if she was sexually assaulted.

Click here for more coverage from MyFOXUtah.com.

Met admitted to authorities to confining Hser in the "residence by force, resulting in her death," as well as to trying to conceal the body, according to a Salt Lake County jail document.

Click here to read the probable cause statement (pdf).
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/040208_jail_document.pdf

Met had lived in the apartment for 30 days. He does not have a criminal record in the U.S.

Police found Hser's body in a South Parc apartment after obtaining a search warrant, MyFOXUtah reported. Four other people living in Met's apartment were taken into custody but later released. They are not believed to be involved in Hser's death, Snyder said.

Cartoon Wah, Hser's father, said through an interpreter that he was thankful to the public for their support.

"I have one daughter in this world, and I loved her the most," Wah said.

Wah, a Burmese immigrant who came to the United States last year, has five children. Hser was his only daughter.

More than 800 people searched for Hser and investigators went without sleep in hopes of finding the little girl alive.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,345708,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »

AP top news in Iowa at 4:58 p.m. CDT  5.22.10

Utah refugee backs out of plea for girl's slaying

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A plea hearing was derailed when a Burmese refugee charged with the March 2008 murder of a 7-year-old girl angrily denied his guilt in court.

When his attorney told 3rd District Judge Judith Atherton a resolution in the case had been reached, Esar Met shook his head to the contrary on Friday.

"I was forced by the authorities here to say that I did it, but I didn't kill," Met said, according to an interpreter for the victim's family.

After his attorneys requested a break so they could confer with Met, a status hearing was set for July 9.

Met is accused of killing Hser Ner Moo at his South Salt Lake City apartment. Her body was found a day after her disappearance and sparked a massive search of the neighborhood. An autopsy found she died of blunt force trauma to her head, neck and torso.

According to a probable cause statement, Met acknowledged killing her while "attempting to confine the victim to the residence by force."

Met is a native of Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, which also is the home country of the victim's family.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/37294587

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11504272
Deal still in the works in child murder case
July 9th, 2010 @ 5:35pm

By Marc Giauque
SALT LAKE CITY -- A judge Friday set an October status hearing date for Esar Met, the man accused of kidnapping and killing Hser Ner Moo, a 7-year-old neighbor in South Salt Lake, more than two years ago.

Met's attorney, Michael Peterson, told Judge Judith Atherton he thinks he knows why Met had an outburst in court during a hearing in which he was expected to enter a plea.

Peterson asked for more time to contact Met's family, in hopes they can help finalize a resolution in the capital case.

Prosecutor Rob Parrish said Met only knows how the courts in Burma would deal with the case, if he were to admit to anything.

"If he were to admit anything that he has done that's wrong in his country, he would probably be summarily dealt with," said Parrish. He said that seems to be the catch in a deal prosecutors and defense attorneys are trying to work out.

Parrish would not discuss any terms of the deal, but said the victim's family understands some of the reasons why this case is taking so long.

Parrish told the judge the state had no objection to the additional time for now but said, at some point, the case will have to move forward.

Met was arrested more than two years ago, days after 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo disappeared from her South Salt Lake neighborhood. Police ultimately found her body in Met's apartment.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 08:55:39 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:14:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:15:36 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.