April 19, 2024, 02:01:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There are leaders who build great nations, and others that destroy them...  (Read 1055 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 25, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »

When retiring University of Illinois at Chicago professor Bill Ayers co-wrote a book in 1973, it was dedicated in part to Sirhan Sirhan, the assassin of Robert F. Kennedy.

That came back to haunt Ayers when the U. of I. board, now chaired by Kennedy’s son, considered his request for emeritus status Thursday. It was denied in a unanimous vote.

Before the vote, an emotional Chris Kennedy spoke out against granting the status to Ayers.

“I intend to vote against conferring the honorific title of our university to a man whose body of work includes a book dedicated in part to the man who murdered my father, Robert F. Kennedy,” he said.

“There is nothing more antithetical to the hopes for a university that is lively and yet civil, or to the hopes of our founding fathers for their great experiment of a self-governing people, than to permanently seal off debate with one’s opponents by killing them.”

more here - http://www.thefoxnation.com/bill-ayers/2010/09/24/bill-ayers-what-goes-around-comes-around

Bill Ayers - didn't he do enough bombing buildings and scaring thousands of American families?

Is Ayers the kind of folks Obama hangs around with?  Invites to the White House?

It's OK to bomb and kill Americans, we can absorb it?

It's OK to have different standards of justice, all based on race?

There are leaders who build great nations, and others that destroy them.

We don't have a builder in the White House.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.