March 19, 2024, 03:21:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #849 10/7/10 - 10/24/10  (Read 329951 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: October 21, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »

Wonder why they did away with the K2 vs Dr. Phil lawsuit thread at Refugeesunleashed?  Maybe they have inside information that the suit is dead?  Monkey Devil!

I wondered about that also.   All who wonder are not lost.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: October 21, 2010, 08:05:01 PM »

Yes, back when the Defendents replied to Plaintiff's motion to deem the case "complex" -- the Defendents told the judge that the "depositions" of the Kalpoes were making them considering asking for a "Summary Judgement".

Wreck

Considering the Kalpoes are no longer suspects in the Natalee Holloway case and ... considering the Kalpoes' are anticipating a huge lottery out of their  defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw ... it does not make sense that either one of them implicated himself in wrongdoing in depositions.  IMO.

Almost four years following the filing of the defamation lawsuit ... the Kalpoes' attorneys have not complied with the court's repeated requests for case documentation.  Nevertheless ... the motion of the McGraw attorneys to dismiss the case has not been granted.  Why?

Janet

Reminder

Here is the key part for me!

This case is almost four years old; it is not complex despite Plaintiffs' claim to the contrary; and Defendants are prepared to file for summary judgment, which is based, in part, on Plaintiffs admissions (now confirmed by their depositions in this case) that they entered into a conspiracy with Joran Van der Sloot to confuse and frustrate the police investigation of the disappearance of an American citizen, Natalee Holloway, from the island of Aruba over 5 years ago in order to cover up their role in the mystery of what happened to the teenager.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #782 on: October 21, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »

Janet, you are arguing with yourself again.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: October 21, 2010, 08:18:09 PM »

Far from it.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: October 21, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »

Wreck

It appears the Kalpoes' depositions do not reveal any wrongdoing against the person of Natalee Holloway.  How will a summary submitted for judgement be  expected to assist the defence.

I sincerely want you opinion.

Thanks.

Janet

+++++

Judge allows lawsuit to proceed against Dr. Phil
Feb. 6, 2008 10:12 AM ET

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and disposed of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20080206/dr_phil_080206/

Here is the key part for me!

This case is almost four years old; it is not complex despite Plaintiffs' claim to the contrary; and Defendants are prepared to file for summary judgment, which is based, in part, on Plaintiffs admissions (now confirmed by their depositions in this case) that they entered into a conspiracy with Joran Van der Sloot to confuse and frustrate the police investigation of the disappearance of an American citizen, Natalee Holloway, from the island of Aruba over 5 years ago in order to cover up their role in the mystery of what happened to the teenager.

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #785 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33:05 PM »

Yes, back when the Defendents replied to Plaintiff's motion to deem the case "complex" -- the Defendents told the judge that the "depositions" of the Kalpoes were making them considering asking for a "Summary Judgement".

Wreck

Considering the Kalpoes are no longer suspects in the Natalee Holloway case and ... considering the Kalpoes' are anticipating a huge lottery out of their  defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw ... it does not make sense that either one of them implicated himself in wrongdoing in depositions.  IMO.

Almost four years following the filing of the defamation lawsuit ... the Kalpoes' attorneys have not complied with the court's repeated requests for case documentation.  Nevertheless ... the motion of the McGraw attorneys to dismiss the case has not been granted.  Why?

Janet

On the contrary -- they apparently CONCEDED they conspired with Joran Van Der Sloot to deceive ALE in their depositions -- they DID implicate themselves. Your quote of mine came straight from their (Plaintiffs) filings with the court.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »

Wreck

Janet

Because they like to drag this stuff out in California?

Because the courts and Dr. Phil people are working with our FBI to try and get as much information as possible out of the Kalpoes?

The Kalpoes did admit they obstructed justice in the case and lied in their depositions given on August 25 (I believe that was the date).  How much else did they have to admit to?  How does Deepak explain that he is innocent of having sex with Natalee when he told his friend they did?  How does Deepak explain that he is innocent of having sex with Natalee when in the beginning all 3 admitted to having sex with her?

How can Deepak and Satish claim they were defamed by Dr. Phil when they admitted to doing exactly what they are complaining about?

Don't forget, depositions were just taken. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #787 on: October 21, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »

The court has not ruled yet on a summary judgement (if indeed the plaintiffs have filed one yet).
Once again, you FAIL to recognize how our court system works. The judge has not and will not rule to dismiss the case until he/she is petitioned to do so (via "Summary Judgement"). The ONLY rulings so far have been strictly on PROCEEDURAL matters. The judge CANNOT rule on the "validity" of the suit or it's merits.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: October 21, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »

Thank you Wreck and Klaas

It still does not make sense to me why the Kalpoes' would implicate themselves in regards to wrongdoing again the person of Natalee Holloway in depositions.  It certainly would not further the defamation case and ... those two could possible find themselves as suspects once again in the Natalee Holloway case.

Anyways ... the outcome will be what the outcome will be.

Janet

_____

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: October 21, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »

Uploading the promo to photobucket right now  

Click on the picture below to watch the promo

Klaas, I swear you are a corporation of people working your head off.  Thank you!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: October 21, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »

I was wondering myself who you were responding to.  Are you responding to questions asked somewhere?  It's okay if you don't want to say who.

I believe in miracles!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: October 21, 2010, 09:10:43 PM »

It still does not make sense to me why the Kalpoes' would implicate themselves in regards to wrongdoing again the person of Natalee Holloway in depositions.  It certainly would not further the defamation case and ... those two could possible find themselves as suspects once again in the Natalee Holloway case.

Janet

In depositions they are asked questions (under oath) from the Plaintiffs attorneys. The Kalpoes did not just come out and "implicate" themselves on purpose. They simply answered questions posed to them. The Plaintiffs apparently FIRMLY believe the answers they got from the Kalpoes IMPLICATE
 themselves (or at least strongly contradict their own claims in the law suit).

Wreck - I think you mean Defendants.  The Kalpoes were asked questions under oath from the Defendants attorneys.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:19:50 PM by klaasend » Logged

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: October 21, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »

Wreck

Janet

On the contrary -- they apparently CONCEDED they conspired with Joran Van Der Sloot to deceive ALE in their depositions -- they DID implicate themselves. Your quote of mine came straight from their (Plaintiffs) filings with the court.

That is my understanding.

I believe in miracles!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: October 21, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »

I was wondering myself who you were responding to.  Are you responding to questions asked somewhere?  It's okay if you don't want to say who.

I was talking about Janet's questions about the Kalpoe vs Dr. Phil lawsuit.
We (especially Wreck and Klaas) have tried to explain it over and over, to no avail.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: October 21, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »

It still does not make sense to me why the Kalpoes' would implicate themselves in regards to wrongdoing again the person of Natalee Holloway in depositions.  It certainly would not further the defamation case and ... those two could possible find themselves as suspects once again in the Natalee Holloway case.

Janet

Because they are under oath?
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: October 21, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »

Wreck

Janet

Because they like to drag this stuff out in California?

Because the courts and Dr. Phil people are working with our FBI to try and get as much information as possible out of the Kalpoes?

The Kalpoes did admit they obstructed justice in the case and lied in their depositions given on August 25 (I believe that was the date).  How much else did they have to admit to?  How does Deepak explain that he is innocent of having sex with Natalee when he told his friend they did?  How does Deepak explain that he is innocent of having sex with Natalee when in the beginning all 3 admitted to having sex with her?

How can Deepak and Satish claim they were defamed by Dr. Phil when they admitted to doing exactly what they are complaining about?

Don't forget, depositions were just taken. 

No one deserves to be hurt the way Natalee was.  K2 admitted to it and now they must pay.  They were the ones who made themselves de-famous!  Now they are trying to get rich, hoping Dr. Phil and his team are an easy mark. 

Justice, aged by time is oh, so sweet!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »

It still does not make sense to me why the Kalpoes' would implicate themselves in regards to wrongdoing again the person of Natalee Holloway in depositions.  It certainly would not further the defamation case and ... those two could possible find themselves as suspects once again in the Natalee Holloway case.

Janet

They did not think ahead.  They were trying to get money from Dr. P without going to trial.  They attempted to hold him by his money belt, and it did not work.  Attempting to understand the mind of criminals is futile.  You need to first get in their heads, a scary, dark, and dank place to be.

I believe in miracles!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2010, 09:38:17 PM »

Janet

In depositions they are asked questions (under oath) from the Plaintiffs attorneys. The Kalpoes did not just come out and "implicate" themselves on purpose. They simply answered questions posed to them. The Plaintiffs apparently FIRMLY believe the answers they got from the Kalpoes IMPLICATE
 themselves (or at least strongly contradict their own claims in the law suit).

Wreck - I think you mean Defendants.  The Kalpoes were asked questions under oath from the Defendants attorneys.
Yes, sorry!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »

Janet

Unlike Aruba, in our country, if you make a deposition, it is expected to be the truth.  Perjury is a big no-no here.  To me it would make sense that they tell the truth, but that's because I was raised to do so....the Dutch system has allowed them to lie for 5 plus years, now.

Let's just wait for the outcome. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

Janet

Because they are under oath?

Klaas

The Kalpoes' attorneys risked the case being thrown out by not complying with the court's request to produce case documents ... case documents that would implicate them in a sexual assault against the person of Natalee Holloway.  The risk was worth it.  In four years the case has not been dismissed.

Considering it stands to reason that truthful depositions would not be beneficial in furthering the defamation lawsuit ... I am surprised Satish and Deepak complied with the court's request when they came to California to be deposed.  What was the point?  Why not take the same risk as they did with the case documents and ... defy the request?

Anyways ... a game of Scrabble with friends is where it at tonight.  I have been on a high all afternoon.  Maybe it is a sign that I will win.

Good Night Monkeys

Janet
7:00 PM

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.