March 19, 2024, 04:12:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #849 10/7/10 - 10/24/10  (Read 329966 times)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2010, 09:51:19 PM »

Klaas

Are there Fisherman's Huts near the lighthouse beside Arisha beach?

Thanks

Janet

Yes but I think they are not like the other FH.  Let me get a pic.

Yes, that is the location, but I remember them being more 'blown away" looking, not bright and shiny.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2010, 09:53:05 PM »

and by "mess" - I'm referring to the whens, whys, and whos of how she got there.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »

and by "mess" - I'm referring to the whens, whys, and whos of how she got there.

I think most of us understood what you were saying wreck...jmo   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

Yes, that is the location, but I remember them being more 'blown away" looking, not bright and shiny.

I don't see the sand in the pictures looking that white, but more like that further back.  Klaas...the rocks, that sand color.  I am sick.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2010, 09:57:31 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

There are these that are just north of the ones near the Marriott (I believe)

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

There are these that are just north of the ones near the Marriott (I believe)

You last picture is what I remember they looked like looking down from the restaurant area.  I suppose they could have rebuilt them sturdier in 5 1/2 years.   they almost look like they are a plastic foam type building now.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2010, 10:03:56 PM »

What does the headline say?  I am feeling numb and dizzy...can it be?

Is that guy holding the flashlight, look like he is standing on part of the body?  Is that a car or building behind them? 

It looks like a building to me.  Here's a couple shots that I was looking at.

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=4809&offId=0

Whatever that is hanging out of the doorway looks like it may be the same color as some pieces in the picture below.

What is that buried plastic behind his foot?  I am thinking of the drain plastic.  they sure as hell aren't protecting the area. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

IF the remains are Natalee Holloway ... it breaks my heart to think that the family was so close to her on June 10, 2005 prior to the confession retraction.

Janet

+++++

The Confession - Jun 10, 2005

Reports Conflict in Case of Missing Ala. Teen
Saturday, June 11, 2005

David Cruz, a spokesman for the Aruban Minister of Justice (search) told FOX News Natalee Holloway (search), who was on vacation with friends with a graduation trip when she disappeared, was confirmed dead and that authorities knew the location of her body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159252,00.html

Frustration in Aruba
June 15, 2005

RICK LEVENTHAL: We reconfirmed the information with Croues before going on-air with it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159664,00.html

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, June 12, 2005
Aruba Case Appears Stalled

Holloway's family rushed late Friday to an old stone lighthouse beside Arisha beach after Deputy Police Commissioner Gerold Dompig told The Associated Press that one of three young men in custody admitted that "something bad happened" to Holloway and was leading police to the scene of the alleged crime.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/10/national/main700829.shtml

May 28, 2006
Holloway talks about Natalee’s missing year

DAVE HOLLOWAY: At some point into this investigation, as time goes on and you don’t find her, you start realizing that things are not looking good. We got that confirmation pretty much from the FBI on June 10. They came to us and said the investigation appears to be heading toward a homicide case.

http://www.meridianstar.com/local/local_story_148205455.html

'Scarborough Country' for Oct. 24th
updated 10/25/2005 10:06:01 AM ET 2005-10-25T14:06:01

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY:  And that was the day that the FBI came in, Doug Shipley (ph) came in and said that the way the interrogations are unfolding, there‘s a strong possibility that Natalee may not be alive. That was huge. That was the day that—I think, Joe, everyone buried Natalee that day, on June 10.

And then it just—from there, the night went on. There were body sightings, countless. They were knocking on my door. They thought they found her. Oh, no, they didn‘t. It went on from 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. It was horrific.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9813596/

Confusion Reigns in Natalee Holloway Case
Friday June 10, 2005

Then Justice Minister Rudy Croes told reporters early Saturday morning that the rumor that one of the students had confessed was a lie, throwing the media on the island into confusion and prompting conflicting news alerts from the Caribbean. Croes emphatically denied that any confession had been made.

http://crime.about.com/b/2005/06/10/confusion-reigns-in-natalee-holloway-case.htm

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Cruz later retracted the statement, saying he was a victim of a "misinformation campaign."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2010, 10:17:41 PM »

TM - 2 articles in awe24 but really only the headline and photos for both.  Found on the north end of the island I believe.  But why would anyone find this at night unless they were specifically looking?
I'm dubious at best - but at this point -- PLEASE, just let it be her so she can come home. We'll sort out the mess later.

Who is "We"?

Those of us that have been here for 5 1/2 years to seek justice for Natalee. I am kind of hurt that you are suggesting otherwise.

Wreck ... it was just my futile attempt at humor.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

IF the remains are Natalee Holloway ... it breaks my heart to think that the family was so close to her on June 10, 2005 prior to the confession retraction.

Janet

+++++

The Confession - Jun 10, 2005

Saturday, June 11, 2005

David Cruz, a spokesman for the Aruban Minister of Justice (search) told FOX News Natalee Holloway (search), who was on vacation with friends with a graduation trip when she disappeared, was confirmed dead and that authorities knew the location of her body.

Frustration in Aruba
June 15, 2005

RICK LEVENTHAL: We reconfirmed the information with Croues before going on-air with it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159664,00.html

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, June 12, 2005
Aruba Case Appears Stalled

Holloway's family rushed late Friday to an old stone lighthouse beside Arisha beach after Deputy Police Commissioner Gerold Dompig told The Associated Press that one of three young men in custody admitted that "something bad happened" to Holloway and was leading police to the scene of the alleged crime.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/10/national/main700829.shtml

May 28, 2006
Holloway talks about Natalee’s missing year

DAVE HOLLOWAY: At some point into this investigation, as time goes on and you don’t find her, you start realizing that things are not looking good. We got that confirmation pretty much from the FBI on June 10. They came to us and said the investigation appears to be heading toward a homicide case.

http://www.meridianstar.com/local/local_story_148205455.html

'Scarborough Country' for Oct. 24th
updated 10/25/2005 10:06:01 AM ET 2005-10-25T14:06:01

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY:  And that was the day that the FBI came in, Doug Shipley (ph) came in and said that the way the interrogations are unfolding, there‘s a strong possibility that Natalee may not be alive. That was huge. That was the day that—I think, Joe, everyone buried Natalee that day, on June 10.

And then it just—from there, the night went on. There were body sightings, countless. They were knocking on my door. They thought they found her. Oh, no, they didn‘t. It went on from 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. It was horrific.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9813596/

Confusion Reigns in Natalee Holloway Case
Friday June 10, 2005

Then Justice Minister Rudy Croes told reporters early Saturday morning that the rumor that one of the students had confessed was a lie, throwing the media on the island into confusion and prompting conflicting news alerts from the Caribbean. Croes emphatically denied that any confession had been made.

http://crime.about.com/b/2005/06/10/confusion-reigns-in-natalee-holloway-case.htm

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Cruz later retracted the statement, saying he was a victim of a "misinformation campaign."

We are getting waaaay ahead of ourselves -- but, I HIGHLY doubt those bones were there in June 2005.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:58 PM »

Here we go again!  Is that not clearly a human skull right in the flashlight beam?  What do they mean if the bones are not animal bones? 

Gotta love that Aruban CSI techniques--trample everything first.

But could it be?  Could it just be her?  How do we not get hopes up again?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
antunym
Scared Monkey

« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2010, 10:22:36 PM »

I agree with you wreck.. I pray everyday that Natalee is brought home. 

The sooner she is home the more at peace many of us would be.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2010, 10:24:33 PM »

Wreck

I believe you may be right.  However ... if the remains are Natalee Holloway ... as you implied ... the discovery would bring a measure of closure for the family.  Natalee could be brought home ... home to rest on American soil.

Janet
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:34:02 PM by San » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2010, 10:25:33 PM »

SELF-EDIT

may be s/b may be right

Fixed = San
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:34:32 PM by San » Logged

_____

antunym
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »

Here we go again!  Is that not clearly a human skull right in the flashlight beam?  What do they mean if the bones are not animal bones? 

Gotta love that Aruban CSI techniques--trample everything first.

But could it be?  Could it just be her?  How do we not get hopes up again?

With the shadow cast over Aruba from all that has happened a normal person would think

that a possible burial site of remains would be more secured and properly handled.. but not

with these morons.  And I agree with checking any of Natalee's remains for traces of salt

water.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2010, 10:28:24 PM »

Exactly!  Is this the area Dave Holloway saw the policeman with his trunk open?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »

Wreck

I believe you may be.  However ... if the remains are Natalee Holloway ... as you implied ... the discovery would bring a measure of closure for the family.  Natalee could be brought home ... home to rest on American soil.

Janet

What do you think my whole point was???? I just want it to be Natalee so she can come home. We can worry about the details later.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »

Exactly!  Is this the area Dave Holloway saw the policeman with his trunk open?

California lighthouse?

Janet

+++++

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 108-109:
  There had been so many stories and so much speculation that my head was spinning.  Some things occurred that made me wonder if there was a reasonable explanation for them or whether there were people in the police department who were deliberately working against our best interests.

[For instance, on June 2, 2005, during those first few days after Natalee’s disappearance, I had traveled to the California Lighthouse to initiate the land search with a group of approximately twenty to thirty tourists and locals.  The light house is elevated above the sand dunes.

The Dutch Marines had been activated and were traveling to the area to conduct there own search.  I was not aware they were going to show up.  But I had to wonder if someone tipped them off that we were going to be in the area searching.  Since it was still very early in the investigation, we did not realize that this area might have been part of a possible crime scene.

Just as we were organizing at the lighthouse, my attention was diverted to a police car that had entered the sand dunes in the distance.  The vehicle was crisscrossing through the dunes, making it appear as though a frantic search was being conducted.  The car stopped by a hug boulder, but it was partially blocked from my view.  Did they find Natalee?  I wondered.  My brother Phil and I noticed two police officers hurriedly looking around in the sand.  The trunk of their car was open, but by the time we were able to get down there in the four-wheeler, the officers were getting back into their vehicles and leaving.

I did not tell anyone else about this incident right away because it was the first day of our search and we did not have very many suspicions at the time.  Subsequently, I reported the officers’ strange activity to the FBI and asked that it only be reported to the chief of police and the prosecutor.

In hindsight, I wonder if they had found Natalee buried in the sand and did not let us know.  Or maybe they were looking for Joran’s sneakers or some other evidence.  It looked very suspicious.  I later heard that a woman came forward who said that she heard about a policeman who helped dig up Natalee’s body from the same area.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »

Wreck

I believe you may be.  However ... if the remains are Natalee Holloway ... as you implied ... the discovery would bring a measure of closure for the family.  Natalee could be brought home ... home to rest on American soil.

Janet

What do you think my whole point was???? I just want it to be Natalee so she can come home. We can worry about the details later.

Wreck

I agree.

I misunderstood your original post.  I apologize.  I thought "worrying later about the mess to be cleaned up" was referring to justifying what we have perceived as a Persistence betrayal for the past almost two years. 

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »

Thanks San.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.