March 29, 2024, 08:30:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #849 10/7/10 - 10/24/10  (Read 330444 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2010, 11:36:32 PM »

Thanks 2NJ.

Good Night

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2010, 12:00:36 AM »

http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/dutch-news/end-of-the-road-for-dutch-antilles_101761.html

End of the road for Dutch Antilles

The Dutch Antilles will stop existing from Sunday when two of its islands become independent states in the Kingdom of the Netherlands and three become Dutch municipalities under a pact concluded last month.

Until now, the Netherlands and its former colonies, the five-island Antilles and the neighbouring Caribbean isle of Aruba, were independent member countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

But under the new deal, the Antillean islands of Curacao and St Maarten will become independent states in the Kingdom, while Bonaire, Saba and St Eustatius will become Dutch municipalities

"After midnight on Saturday, the country known as the Dutch Antilles will no longer exist," Dutch interior ministry spokesman Thijs Manten told AFP.

"The composition of the Kingdom of the Netherlands will change."

From Sunday, the kingdom will consist of the Netherlands, Aruba and the two largest ex-Antillean islands: Curacao with about 150,000 inhabitants and St Maarten with about 40,000
The islands of Bonaire, Saba, and St Eustatius, with less than 20,000 inhabitants between them, will become special-status Dutch municipalities.

The changes reflect the wishes of a majority of voters in referenda held on the islands, leading to the signing of a final pact by the Antilles, the Netherlands and Aruba on September 9.

Curacao and St Maarten will each have their own parliament, government, prime minister and currency: the guilder.

Bonaire, Saba and St Eustatius will switch to the US dollar and have "island councils" akin to municipal councils. Their inhabitants will vote for the national Dutch government.

The three new municipalities will have to adopt many Dutch laws. The most contentious among them, allowing for abortion, gay marriage and euthanasia, will be systematically adopted over a period of two years, said Manten.

"The big benefit of all this is that a country that did not function properly (the Antilles) will stop existing," he added. "It will free the islands from a lot of debt and allow them to make a fresh start, creating space for new policy formulation and spending on things like health and education."

Under the deal, the Dutch government would take over 70 percent of the debt of the Antilles, estimated at some 1.7 billion euros (2.4 billion dollars).

© 2010 AFP

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2010, 12:20:50 AM »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theday/obituary.aspx?n=russell-han&pid=145867456

Russell Han

East Lyme - Russell L. Han, 55, of Charter Oak Drive, died suddenly on Monday, Oct. 4, 2010, while on vacation in Aruba.

Calling hours will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. on Monday at the Thomas L. Neilan & Sons East Lyme Funeral Home, 48 Grand St., Niantic. The funeral service and interment will be private.

Donations in his memory may be made to the Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation, PO Box 785, New London CT 06320.

http://www.theday.com/article/20101009/BIZ02/310099915/1044

Founder of Shack restaurants, Russell Han, 55, dies suddenly

By Patricia Daddona

Publication: The Day

Published 10/09/2010 12:00 AMUpdated 10/09/2010 04:57 AM
 COMMENTS ( 22 )

Russell Han, 55, dies suddenly

Russell Han, who brought home-style cooking and affordable dining to the region through the Shack restaurants in East Lyme, Waterford and Groton, died suddenly Monday while on vacation in Aruba.

snipped

Comments:

snipped

Oh MyPosted - October 9, 2010 03:17 PM

Condolences to the family, and even harder to hear this happened in Aruba. Be careful dealing with their Government on getting what you need. There is much to wonder about as I was and still am on the Holloway case there. Any questions or help needed please have the day write to me if you need help. Covering up things is Aruba's specialty. God Bless.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2010, 12:45:24 AM »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theday/obituary.aspx?n=russell-han&pid=145867456

Russell Han

East Lyme - Russell L. Han, 55, of Charter Oak Drive, died suddenly on Monday, Oct. 4, 2010, while on vacation in Aruba.

Calling hours will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. on Monday at the Thomas L. Neilan & Sons East Lyme Funeral Home, 48 Grand St., Niantic. The funeral service and interment will be private.

Donations in his memory may be made to the Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation, PO Box 785, New London CT 06320.

http://www.theday.com/article/20101009/BIZ02/310099915/1044

Founder of Shack restaurants, Russell Han, 55, dies suddenly

By Patricia Daddona

Publication: The Day

Published 10/09/2010 12:00 AMUpdated 10/09/2010 04:57 AM
 COMMENTS ( 22 )

Russell Han, 55, dies suddenly

Russell Han, who brought home-style cooking and affordable dining to the region through the Shack restaurants in East Lyme, Waterford and Groton, died suddenly Monday while on vacation in Aruba.

snipped

Comments:

snipped

Oh MyPosted - October 9, 2010 03:17 PM

Condolences to the family, and even harder to hear this happened in Aruba. Be careful dealing with their Government on getting what you need. There is much to wonder about as I was and still am on the Holloway case there. Any questions or help needed please have the day write to me if you need help. Covering up things is Aruba's specialty. God Bless.

That comment sounds like it could be from someone we know.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2010, 01:19:33 AM »

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/866699--the-playroom-meets-the-macabre

Controversial artist brings headlines into the playroom

Published On Sun Sep 26 2010

"The Twins" portrays the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Centre in the playroom of two young boys.

JONATHAN HOBIN
Dan Robson
Staff Reporter

An olive-skinned boy glares ominously, pointing a toy plane towards twin building-block towers — one with a gaping hole, burning with construction paper fire, as toy soldiers fall to the playroom floor.

A boy on a box, covered in a black cloak and hood — his fingers wired with electrodes. A nearly-nude handcuffed boy, eyes screaming in terror as a stuffed dog wraps around his waist.

Abu Ghraib, 9/11 — meet the playroom.

A new series of controversial photographs from artist Jonathan Hobin, called In the Playroom, brings the headlines into the supposedly safe, carefree space of childhood playtime.

“I want people to acknowledge the fact that kids see the scariest things that are out there,” said Hobin of the exhibit, which among other notorious events, includes depictions of Hurricane Katrina, the 2004 tsunami, and the murder of JonBenét Ramsey.

Hobin, who studied photography at Ryerson, said the photos are intended to tear down to illusion that, in a media-saturated world, children can be sheltered.

“I want people to acknowledge the fact that kids see the scariest things that are out there,” he said. “If you see it, they see it.”

The 30-year-old’s work has been praised by art lovers who have flocked to the Dale Smith Gallery in Ottawa since the exhibit opened on Sept. 17.

But critics have vilified it.

Hobin says he’s been called everything from a pervert to someone with a prejudice against twins. (His portrayal of 9/11 is called “the Twins.”)

“They see the photographs and think it was just hours of me screwing with these kids’ minds,” Hobin said of the bloggers and tweeters who have voiced concerns over his work. “But the kids just had a lot of fun.”

The photos sparked a fierce debate between artistic licence and the taboo of using children in such controversial images on a popular blog called The Bad Moms Club.

Catherine Connors, a former academic and expert on mothering issues who runs the blog, argues that kids shouldn’t be having fun depicting scenes from Abu Ghraib.

“The original images and events are already shocking and horrifying,” she said. “What does putting children into the context add to that?”

Hobin said he’s surprised by the negative reaction toward parents who let their kids pose for the series.

“These are proactive, considerate parents, who had to think about what I was doing,” he said.

Richard Verreault’s 7-year-old son Justin posed for “A Boo Grave,” modelled after the Abu Ghraib prisoner torture at the hands of U.S. military police personnel.

He’s the small boy, handcuffed in his underwear, screaming with big, terror-filled, brown eyes. Verreault said that his son, who is a professional child model, was undaunted by the morbid set.

“It was work, and he was there to do the shoot,” he said. “He had a good time — and he got to eat a few lollipops.”

At first Amanda Etherington had mixed emotions about allowing her kids Caleb, 5, and Skylar, 7, to appear in the photos.

“We decided, at the end of the day, that really and truly what Jonathan is doing is art,” Etherington said. “It’s really subjective. And you’re either going to have people who get it, or people who don’t.”

Etherington’s children appear in “Spring Break” — a depiction of the unsolved disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway from Aruba in 2005.

“Skylar is being buried in the sand,” she said. “What kid hasn’t played that at the beach?”

Etherington says she knows people will think she’s a bad mother for letting her kids be in the photographs. (Caleb also appears in “Seal Heart”, a depiction of Governor General Michaëlle Jean eating a seal’s heart).

“I’d love it if I could change everyone’s mind,” she said. “But that’s not going to happen.”

http://www.thestar.com/fpLarge/photo/866724

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2010, 02:27:27 AM »

I'm still in shock over that last one...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2010, 02:30:04 AM »

http://smart-grid.tmcnet.com/news/2010/10/06/5052902.htm

[October 06, 2010]   

Federal Contracts Awarded by Federal Agencies in Virginia (Oct. 6)

(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) by DONABEL HARMS Targeted News

Service WASHINGTON, Oct. 6 -- The following federal contracts were announced by federal agencies based in Virginia.

snipped

DODBT *** MILITARY $18.51 Million Federal Contract Awarded to ITT Systems WASHINGTON,

Oct. 7 -- ITT Systems Corp., Colorado Springs, Colo., was awarded an $18,514,792 federal contract modification by the U.S. Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Va., for providing program management, operations, maintenance and mission support services to the aerial counter drug surveillance mission. Places of performance will be in Aruba, Curacao and Netherlands Antilles.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2010, 02:37:41 AM »

http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/dutch-news/end-of-the-road-for-dutch-antilles_101761.html

The Dutch Antilles will stop existing from Sunday when two of its islands become independent states in the Kingdom of the Netherlands and three become Dutch municipalities under a pact concluded last month.

Until now, the Netherlands and its former colonies, the five-island Antilles and the neighbouring Caribbean isle of Aruba, were independent member countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

But under the new deal, the Antillean islands of Curacao and St Maarten will become independent states in the Kingdom, while Bonaire, Saba and St Eustatius will become Dutch municipalities

"After midnight on Saturday, the country known as the Dutch Antilles will no longer exist," Dutch interior ministry spokesman Thijs Manten told AFP.

From Sunday, the kingdom will consist of the Netherlands, Aruba and the two largest ex-Antillean islands: Curacao with about 150,000 inhabitants and St Maarten with about 40,000
The islands of Bonaire, Saba, and St Eustatius, with less than 20,000 inhabitants between them, will become special-status Dutch municipalities.

The changes reflect the wishes of a majority of voters in referenda held on the islands, leading to the signing of a final pact by the Antilles, the Netherlands and Aruba on September 9.

Curacao and St Maarten will each have their own parliament, government, prime minister and currency: the guilder.

Bonaire, Saba and St Eustatius will switch to the US dollar and have "island councils" akin to municipal councils. Their inhabitants will vote for the national Dutch government.

The three new municipalities will have to adopt many Dutch laws. The most contentious among them, allowing for abortion, gay marriage and euthanasia, will be systematically adopted over a period of two years, said Manten.

"The big benefit of all this is that a country that did not function properly (the Antilles) will stop existing," he added. "It will free the islands from a lot of debt and allow them to make a fresh start, creating space for new policy formulation and spending on things like health and education."

Under the deal, the Dutch government would take over 70 percent of the debt of the Antilles, estimated at some 1.7 billion euros (2.4 billion dollars).

© 2010 AFP
That did not clear up anything for me!
So, what is Aruba's status now????

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2010, 02:56:47 AM »

© 2010 AFP

If I understand it correctly, it doesn't really affect Aruba.  Aruba was already an independent state in the Kingdom of the Netherlands.  Now Curacao and St Maarten will also be. 

This might explain it a little better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/news/story/2010/10/101006_10-10-10.shtml

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2010, 03:12:08 AM »

Here's a few more links, wreck. 

http://www.jakestake.tv/tag/10-10-10/

http://lincolngomez.com/2010/03/13/constitutional-restructuring-of-the-netherlands-antilles-101010/

http://www.curacao-law.com/2010/09/30/the-dismantling-of-the-netherlands-antilles-2/

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: October 10, 2010, 03:20:30 AM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: October 10, 2010, 03:27:14 AM »

© 2010 AFP

I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: October 10, 2010, 03:40:27 AM »

The article:  Controversial artist brings headlines into the playroom

The photos of the kids reenacting the headlines.

They're just so young...do they really "get" what they're doing, or will they regret or be upset about those photos later?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: October 10, 2010, 04:31:10 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE
AND STEPHANY!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: October 10, 2010, 09:47:19 AM »

The article:  Controversial artist brings headlines into the playroom

The photos of the kids reenacting the headlines.

They're just so young...do they really "get" what they're doing, or will they regret or be upset about those photos later?

The parents say they don't get what they are doing, only playing, and play acting.  I don't know about later, both in these scenes and in real life, I would imagine it would be harmful both ways.

I think the idea, that we let our kids see way to much and know way too much is true.  I guess he wanted to make a powerful statement about that and boy, did he.

We don't let out kids be kids for very long, it is horrifying to see our children, in those adult situations, carrying over to their play.  Play therapy brings our childrens' concerns in play.  It is a powerful tool to find out what your kids are really thinking or wondering about.  It is scary to think this is what they are thinking about.  Kids always have played war--with guns and everything that goes with it.  They also play adult video games which put their game figures in adult situations, it is frightening to think of our children being in those situations, but that is your child playing the game when you let them, not an adult.  Powerful stuff.

It is scary to think of what we put our kids through, let them go through, or take themselves through on a daily basis by ignoring ratings or our own common sense.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: October 10, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE
AND STEPHANY!

WOW!  Thanks, Sis.   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: October 10, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »

Please light a candle.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.msg878415#msg878415

I believe in miracles!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #337 on: October 10, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »

No need to think about those bones, GLENDA/RENFRO has explained everything 

Why am I not surprised!   

No kidding ...
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #338 on: October 10, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »

Posted by Poochy at GM. Poochy says from the NL but I believe it is actually HOLLAND, MICHIGAN:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/10/kelly_paris_and_son_jordan_par.php

Kelly Paris and Son Jordan Paris Videotape Themselves Raping Passed Out Girl

Tuesday, Oct. 5 2010 @ 10:30AM

When it comes to class, it's hard to surpass the Paris family of Holland, Michigan. It seems a 17-year-old girl went to their home to visit Jordon Paris and his friend Sage Lewis, both 19. The girl had a few drinks in the wee hours of the morning and also spent time in the hot tub...

Jordon Paris, his friend and his dad decided to rape a passed out 17-year-old, then helpfully film it so police had evidence

But at some point she passed out, and that's when the Paris men got their inner perv on. At one point she awoke to find Jordan having sex with her, but she passed out again. The next time she woke up, Jordan's father, 43-year-old Kelly John Paris, was raping her.

She went to police early the next morning. During a search of the home, detectives found a camera and computer showing the douchebags had actually filmed themselves raping the girl, helpfully saved the recording as evidence for their subsequent trial. The tape showed all three men at the home having sex with the girl.

Given the evidence, it doesn't look like prosecutors will have any problem convicting these morons. Good luck in prison, boys!

This makes me think of what PVDS and JVDS might have done.  Is there a video out there?

This is exactly what I think happened.

Deepak Kalpoe "your own father"

I agree.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: October 10, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »

shocking !

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.