April 25, 2024, 11:59:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #173 10/14/10 - 10/29/10  (Read 183962 times)
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2010, 10:56:01 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/25455422/detail.html
P.I. Accused Of Witness Tampering In Casey Case
Posted: 4:25 pm EDT October 20, 2010
Updated: 5:18 pm EDT October 20, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A private investigator working for the defense is being accused of witness tampering, WFTV was told by two EquuSearch volunteers Wednesday. They said both witnesses gave similar stories.

Defense private investigator Jeremy Lyons is being accused by two EquuSearch volunteers of trying to change their testimony about searching the scene where Caylee"s remains were later found. One has already been deposed by the defense and the other has given a statement to investigators.

Lyons was in court recently examining EquuSearch records. He keeps a low public profile, but behind the scenes, he's talking to EquuSearch volunteers who are not happy about it.

Brett Churchill and Brett Reilly, both prosecution witnesses in Casey Anthony's murder case, feel Lyons was trying to get them to change their testimony.

"I felt in my mind, yes, he was trying to tamper with me, in a sense," Churchill said.
"As far as I'm concerned, it's almost like tampering with other witnesses to misrepresent the truth that way," Reilly said.

Both say the exact area on Suburban Drive where Caylee's remains were found December 11, 2008, was under water and unsearchable until the month before.

Churchill had already been questioned under oath by the defense for two and a half hours, but says that didn't stop the defense investigator from going to his house and lying to him about Reilly's story.

"He basically was asking me if what I said in my deposition was the exact story because he had others who fared differently, one of them being Brett Reilly," Churchill said.

Reilly says he warned Lyons not to twist his words after seeing what the defense has done to others. He says Lyons promised not to, but then found out he did exactly that.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says the defense investigator is traveling through dangerous territory.

"The statute specifically says you cannot engage in misleading conduct," Sheaffer said.
Reilly said he complained to defense attorney Cheney Mason about the situation and both told the sheriff's office.

Casey is headed back to court Friday, October 29, for a status hearing. At the hearing her defense team will ask a state agency to reconsider a recent request for thousands of dollars in funding to cover lodging and travel expenses.

The Justice Administrative Commission had previously challenged that request, saying the defense needs to prove the money is really needed for the case.
Thanks TRIMM.

why am I not surprised about the witness tampering charge?
I'm not surprised either, but definitely sickened.  Disgusting.  I hope Jeremy Lyons will be charged for this.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »

Not surprised,  but I am  wondering just  how low Baez will go...

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »

...or how low he has gone already and not been busted. Tim Miller and Nejame fought hard for this to be handled in the right way. The questions were asked and answered over the phone, that should have been the end of contact. Who gave authority for the defense to do follow up interrogations, in person, unannounced at the searcher's home? How does that jive with appointing a Special Magistrate to oversee? Given the defense penchant for ripping innocent citizens reputations apart, is it any wonder some felt threatened?
IMO, the intimidation began the moment the PI knocked at their door.

Deenie, I hope Lyons is charged too but he reports to Baez. Unless he used his own gas and time, his superior should be held accountable also. Baez has used up his allotment of " I wasn't aware of that"
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: October 21, 2010, 12:04:39 AM »

I still want to know when Laura Buchanan's depo is going to be rescheduled.
How do they just let these things drop?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2010, 01:43:24 AM »

This is a suggestion to anyone posting from eggtree news above.  Click on the title of the article you are posting about, it will take you to a page with just that article on it (and comments) and give you a new link.  Copy the new link in your post. 

If you do that, when someone reviews your post after another article is posted there and clicks on it, it will take that person right to the article he/she wants instead of to the website, where he may have to rummage through all of the articles to find what he wants.

Thank you for posting these articles, I look forward to them. 

There are other sites where you can do the same, I think cayleedaily is another one of them.  Just trying to help out my fellow retro-posters.

Trimm, you are so faithful in bringing us the new reports every day.  Many posters do this, too, but Trimm, I can always count on your articles first thing (or in my case, last thing).

This reminds me of george lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg

Sorry bearlyhere
I will follow your suggestions and good morning to to you .

No need to be sorry, it will just make it easier if you have to go back and search for something later, if not, they will all have the same link.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2010, 05:51:09 AM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
10/29/2010     Status Hearing  (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Perry, Belvin, JR) 

I wonder what other motions the defense will try to slip under the door on the day of the hearing, besides those listed above.

KC did not care about a life, her child, and we are expected to have sympathy that the world knows her visitors, snacks, and underwear that many people are paying for?  GMAB! 

I really don't care what she buys.  I do not like her doing it on everyone else's dollar.  Let her pay for her purchases out of the money she earned at Universal all these years.  She should not have snack money, the money should go into her defense fund and back to the state of Florida.  Snacks are not a necessity.  She is taking money from citizens who cannot put food on their table, let alone buy new underwear and have extras. 

Everything that happens in this case smacks cruelly across the face of justice.  I can only hope that justice has turned her cheek for the last time and KC and her defense team can feel the full fury of her power.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2010, 06:05:06 AM »

Big Name Depositions Scheduled In Anthony Case
Video Report  http://www.wesh.com/video/25455821/detail.html

I bet the people who own these 'big names' would each gladly go back to being Joe Citizen.  KC has smeared her own name and by her actions hurt many innocent people.  People who should be doing normal things, and not have their lives interrupted by the Princess of the Liars, second only in untruths to her Mother, the Queen of Lies, who appears to be in a neck and neck race with her Defense team.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 06:13:08 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2010, 07:23:15 AM »

VIDEO REPORT: P.I Accused Of Witness Tampering
http://www.wftv.com/news/25455422/%20http://www.wftv.com/video/25456545/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2010, 10:09:11 AM »

Updated: 9:15 am EDT October 21, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A private investigator working for the defense is being accused of witness tampering, WFTV was told by two EquuSearch volunteers Wednesday. They said both witnesses gave similar stories.
Defense private investigator Jeremy Lyons is being accused by two EquuSearch volunteers of trying to change their testimony about searching the scene where Caylee"s remains were later found. One has already been deposed by the defense and the other has given a statement to investigators.

Lyons was in court recently examining EquuSearch records. He keeps a low public profile, but behind the scenes, he's talking to EquuSearch volunteers who are not happy about it.

Brett Churchill and Brett Reilly, both prosecution witnesses in Casey Anthony's murder case, feel Lyons was trying to get them to change their testimony.

"I felt in my mind, yes, he was trying to tamper with me, in a sense," Churchill said.

"As far as I'm concerned, it's almost like tampering with other witnesses to misrepresent the truth that way," Reilly said.

Both say the exact area on Suburban Drive where Caylee's remains were found December 11, 2008, was under water and unsearchable until the month before.

Churchill had already been questioned under oath by the defense for two and a half hours, but says that didn't stop the defense investigator from going to his house and lying to him about Reilly's story.
He basically was asking me if what I said in my deposition was the exact story because he had others who fared differently, one of them being Brett Reilly," Churchill said.

Reilly says he warned Lyons not to twist his words after seeing what the defense has done to others. He says Lyons promised not to, but then found out he did exactly that.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says the defense investigator is traveling through dangerous territory.

"The statute specifically says you cannot engage in misleading conduct," Sheaffer said.

Reilly said he complained to defense attorney Cheney Mason about the situation and both told the sheriff's office.

Casey is headed back to court Friday, October 29, for a status hearing. At the hearing her defense team will ask a state agency to reconsider a recent request for thousands of dollars in funding to cover lodging and travel expenses.

The Justice Administrative Commission had previously challenged that request, saying the defense needs to prove the money is really needed for the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »

I would say we will hear about that in the status hearing because the State brings up her lack of complying with the supeonea each time in court and this one I hope the judge orders her picked up.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »

...or how low he has gone already and not been busted. Tim Miller and Nejame fought hard for this to be handled in the right way. The questions were asked and answered over the phone, that should have been the end of contact. Who gave authority for the defense to do follow up interrogations, in person, unannounced at the searcher's home? How does that jive with appointing a Special Magistrate to oversee? Given the defense penchant for ripping innocent citizens reputations apart, is it any wonder some felt threatened?

Deenie, I hope Lyons is charged too but he reports to Baez. Unless he used his own gas and time, his superior should be held accountable also. Baez has used up his allotment of " I wasn't aware of that"
AMEN to that mizjay, time he pays the piper for his deception and down right arrogance. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: October 21, 2010, 12:10:14 PM »

Regarding the attempt to keep jail calls and visits from being released, Richard Hornsby is a doofus (IMO) for allowing himself to be quoted in the media saying "The law is clear" on this issue.

No it isn't.  The duhfense is trying to use a recent ruling in a case that is not similar to Casey's, and the Sunshine Law seems to hold sway in most cases.  They are attempting to use the recent decision as a precedent.  The law is NOT clear.  That is the whole point, IMO.  We'll have to wait and see what happens.
I've been on the fence about R. Hornsby.  On the one hand, he appears to be knowledgeable and savvy on the law.  On the other hand, his spiteful and childish attacks on Kathi B. and Bill Sheaffer are really over the top.  What makes me go "hmmmm" is his disdain for Baez and Co.  Wouldn't it be a laugh riot if he floated this case, (wasn't his article on this ruling a couple of weeks ago?) just to see if Baez went for the bait?  I believe the recent decision spoke only of minors being tried as adults, in addition, Casey is indigent.  These are two factors that I think would be major differences.  I can just see Baez hopping all over this one, "Hey, look, Big C, we can get Judge Perry to deny his own ruling AND I'm using Case Law for the first time." (Proudly beaming at himself, waiting for his gold star on his color coded paper.)
Hornsby's contempt for the defense team is apparent, and sometimes I think he feels that he has to show that he could do a better job.  (His springboard to fame and fortune, if you will.)I'm just not sure I trust Hornsby's motives, and I sure as heck don't trust the defense.

I find him very immature and lacking in true knowledge of the law. Either he is working with the defense or he is just as stupid as the defense attorneys from many of the statements he has made. People "think" attorneys are smart, but the majority of them handle only certain type cases and know nothing when it comes to criminal law.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: October 21, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »

I would say we will hear about that in the status hearing because the State brings up her lack of complying with the supeonea each time in court and this one I hope the judge orders her picked up.

Thanks, Turbo. I sure hope so. I'm so sick of these creeps getting away with everything.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2010, 02:08:47 PM »

Thanks, Turbo. I sure hope so. I'm so sick of these creeps getting away with everything.

You said a mouthful.  I am waiting for justice, swift justice, no, it is too late, but sweet justice.  We need to stop the copycats that are out there thinking they can pull an Anthony and get a 'You can't touch this' card.

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2010, 02:15:22 PM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/
Did Casey Anthony Lie to Jose Baez About What Happened to Caylee?
10/21/10

~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »

You said a mouthful.  I am waiting for justice, swift justice, no, it is too late, but sweet justice.  We need to stop the copycats that are out there thinking they can pull an Anthony and get a 'You can't touch this' card.

^5 !!!  (High Five)

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2010, 02:50:29 PM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/
Did Casey Anthony Lie to Jose Baez About What Happened to Caylee?
10/21/10

thanks trimm

He is so stupid/inept stupid!! I just wanna reach through my monitor and b.slap him!! lol ! seriously he has no idea how to speak right! he tries to sound intelligent and ends up looking stupider!! lol

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »

AMEN to that mizjay, time he pays the piper for his deception and down right arrogance. 

Mizjay
do ya think that it will be brought up in this next hearing! their antics!! dirty low down nasty antics.?

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »

"He basically was asking me if what I said in my deposition was the exact story because he had others who fared differently, one of them being Brett Reilly," Churchill said.

Thanks TRIMM.

I'm not surprised either, but definitely sickened.  Disgusting.  I hope Jeremy Lyons will be charged for this.

Are these sleeze buckets dupping there selves in teflon every day before they go out and so their crap!! geez

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »

Thanks TRIMM.

Are these sleeze buckets dupping there selves in teflon every day before they go out and so their crap!! geez

oh oh I am leaving before sunny gets me for posting before my  2nd cup of coffee lol.

Loca
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.