April 24, 2024, 10:07:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #173 10/14/10 - 10/29/10  (Read 183922 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: October 23, 2010, 10:56:54 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/25482582/detail.html
Lawyer Leaves Casey Anthony Defense Team
Posted: 7:11 pm EDT October 22, 2010
Updated: 10:42 pm EDT October 22, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- One of Casey Anthony’s attorneys has decided to leave her defense team.

Linda Kenney Baden filed a motion to withdraw as counsel on Friday. She is the third attorney to leave Anthony's defense team this year.

Baden is a forensics and cross-examination expert, and worked on Anthony's case since 2008.

Casey Anthony is facing murder charges for the death of her young daughter, Caylee, in 2008.

Baden left the defense team because of issues regarding money. Casey was declared indigent, which means the state is covering the costs for her defense. The case had required Baden to travel to Orlando from New York to be in the courtroom, but the state won't reimburse out of state attorneys working pro bono.
Hours after learning Baden was leaving Casey Anthony's defense team, WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Anthony's remaining attorneys, including J. Cheney Mason, will have a tough time filling Baden's shoes.

"Although Mr. Mason is a very very experienced and good lawyer, he's not known as an expert in the area of forensic evidence. This is going to be a significant loss to the defense," said Sheaffer.

This comes after high-profile attorney and anti-death penalty advocate Andrea Lyon left the Anthony defense team in June, also citing financial reasons. In February, Todd Macaluso left the defense team because of a disciplinary issue with the California state bar, for which he was eventually disbarred.

"We've seen a number of attorneys who have been involved in this case who have advanced some personal interest of their own in representing Casey, that after they've exhausted that, have left the case," said Sheaffer.

Before joining Anthony’s defense team, Baden represented O.J. Simpson when he was charged with murder in California.

I can't help but picture Mason trying to walk around in Baden's shoes.   

If Baez would have managed his money correctly, this would not be an issue.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: October 23, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »

I wonder what they will call themselves now. Dream Team.. Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!
::MonkeyDevil::More like The Dream On Team 

The Only in Your Dreams Team

I like the Ream Team, because that is what is going to happen, this team and their client are going to get reamed--big time!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #342 on: October 23, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »

Posted: 7:11 pm EDT October 22, 2010Updated: 11:48 pm EDT October 22, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- One of Casey Anthony’s attorneys has decided to leave her defense team.

Linda Kenney Baden filed a motion to withdraw as counsel on Friday. She is the third attorney to leave Anthony's defense team this year.
Video at link
<snipped>

I don't think any of us are surprised by this. But I thought that the state of Florida passed some legislation recently that an attorney couldn't leave a case. And it was specifically because of this case. So was that for only local attorneys like Baez and Mason and not for these of state ones? Maybe my memory isn't working well these days. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #343 on: October 23, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »

I wonder what they will call themselves now. Dream Team.. Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!
::MonkeyDevil::More like The Dream On Team 

The Only in Your Dreams Team

I like the Ream Team, because that is what is going to happen, this team and their client are going to get reamed--big time!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: October 23, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »

Video at link
<snipped>

I don't think any of us are surprised by this. But I thought that the state of Florida passed some legislation recently that an attorney couldn't leave a case. And it was specifically because of this case. So was that for only local attorneys like Baez and Mason and not for these of state ones? Maybe my memory isn't working well these days. 

Dosen't apply to pro bono only paid attys that spend all the clients funds and then file for indigent status. They are required to stay with the case...Baez.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: October 23, 2010, 12:11:05 PM »

Video at link
<snipped>

Dosen't apply to pro bono only paid attys that spend all the clients funds and then file for indigent status. They are required to stay with the case...Baez.

We discussed a lot of this way back here........
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8298.msg1195382#msg1195382

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #346 on: October 23, 2010, 12:44:19 PM »

Thanks Trimm and 4Donks

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: October 23, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/october/164821/Lawyer-stepping-down-from-Casey-Anthonys-defense-team
Lawyer stepping down from Casey Anthony's defense team
Last Updated: Friday, October 22, 2010 6:31 PM
ORLANDO -- 
A member of Casey Anthony's defense team is stepping down from the high-profile case.

The defense filed a motion in Orange County Court Friday, notifying the court that Linda Kenney-Baden will be withdrawing from the case.

Court documents said Kenney-Baden is stepping down not because of any issues with the case, but because because the work she's been brought on board to do is done.

"As out of state counsel I have been traveling to Florida and elsewhere to properly represent Ms. Anthony," she wrote in her motion.

She added, it is her "understanding that the JAC prohibits payment of such costs to out of state attorneys even though they have rendered and are rendering their services free of charge."

Kenney-Baden will remain as a consultant and appear periodically throughout the trial.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie.

Her trial is expected to start in May.

Anthony faces a possible death sentence if convicted.

BBM

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: October 23, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/october/164821/Lawyer-stepping-down-from-Casey-Anthonys-defense-team
ORLANDO -- 
A member of Casey Anthony's defense team is stepping down from the high-profile case.

The defense filed a motion in Orange County Court Friday, notifying the court that Linda Kenney-Baden will be withdrawing from the case.

Court documents said Kenney-Baden is stepping down not because of any issues with the case, but because because the work she's been brought on board to do is done.

"As out of state counsel I have been traveling to Florida and elsewhere to properly represent Ms. Anthony," she wrote in her motion.

She added, it is her "understanding that the JAC prohibits payment of such costs to out of state attorneys even though they have rendered and are rendering their services free of charge."

Kenney-Baden will remain as a consultant and appear periodically throughout the trial.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie.

BBM

Ya know all these fame whore attys really get me when as they each drop out of the case throw in how they'll maintain ties, consult and "appear periodically". Conway said something similar, maybe AL too.  Seems to me that they shouldn't be able to pop in and out to grab some media, look important, give 'credibility' to any notion being thrown out into the public.  I mean if they're no longer on the team, they can ride the wave of notoriety, use the airwaves to present the next fantastical theory all with no restrictions cause they're not officially on the roster.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: October 23, 2010, 02:38:07 PM »

ORLANDO -- 

BBM

Ya know all these fame whore attys really get me when as they each drop out of the case throw in how they'll maintain ties, consult and "appear periodically". Conway said something similar, maybe AL too.  Seems to me that they shouldn't be able to pop in and out to grab some media, look important, give 'credibility' to any notion being thrown out into the public.  I mean if they're no longer on the team, they can ride the wave of notoriety, use the airwaves to present the next fantastical theory all with no restrictions cause they're not officially on the roster.

The rats have left the sinking ship since they know no good publicity is forthcoming. This just makes KC look more guilty than ever. They know this case is a lost cause to defend. She's going down. 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #350 on: October 23, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »

ORLANDO -- 

BBM

The rats have left the sinking ship since they know no good publicity is forthcoming. This just makes KC look more guilty than ever. They know this case is a lost cause to defend. She's going down. 
LKB's reputation was at stake if you ask me. She already was associated with the Dr. Lee/Spector debacle and now the looming Laura B/witness tampering allegations, all of which fell in her arena. The TES searchers and Laura B's testimony would be needed as the linchpin to say the water wasn't there hence the body wasn't there hence 'somebody' put the body there while little miss casey was in jail. LKB wants to risk her status trying to weave some scenario based on obvious lies bolstered by false documents or bullied witnesses? I don't think so. Yep, she's going down.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #351 on: October 23, 2010, 03:59:14 PM »

I don't believe for one second that any of the high profile attys would be jumping ship unless they clearly saw the writing on the wall that says "GUILTY BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT!"

These guys thrive on attention and they've honed their skills to pull rabbits out of hats against all odds. In this case the only thing they can find to pull out is a rat named Casey and they do not want to risk their reputations on a sure defeat where they will just look foolish. They can come up with any excuses they want, the truth is that they KNOW Casey is going DOWN.

Makes my day! Casey's got Baez and Jarhead. They'll stay because they're loosers anyway. Becoming a famous looser is a step up for them.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #352 on: October 23, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »

.......................and another one bites the dust. 

So, how many more will Bozo bring on to represent this poor mother being acused of killing her baby.  After all, she just was partying to look for her child she did not report missing for 31 days. 

And, she couldnt work could she?  she had to be looking for her missing daughter.  And, she stole Amy's money to help her look for her missing child with bras and sunglasses.  Must have been her disguise. 

Every last one of them on Team Casey make me sick. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: October 23, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/is-jose-baez-frightened-of-spicy-peanuts/
Is Jose Baez Frightened of Spicy Peanuts?
10/23/10

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #354 on: October 23, 2010, 04:05:37 PM »

an angelic monkey  Confused here.  I know why Baez is called Bozo, but Jarhead?  Did I miss some antics somewhere that involved a jar? 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: October 23, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »

http://www.bloggernews.net/125422
Caylee Anthony’s Mom’s Defense Loses Another LawyerPosted on October 23rd, 2010

~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: October 23, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »

I don't believe for one second that any of the high profile attys would be jumping ship unless they clearly saw the writing on the wall that says "GUILTY BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT!"

These guys thrive on attention and they've honed their skills to pull rabbits out of hats against all odds. In this case the only thing they can find to pull out is a rat named Casey and they do not want to risk their reputations on a sure defeat where they will just look foolish. They can come up with any excuses they want, the truth is that they KNOW Casey is going DOWN.

Makes my day! Casey's got Baez and Jarhead. They'll stay because they're loosers anyway. Becoming a famous looser is a step up for them.

Hey!  "becoming a famous looser is a step up for them" 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #357 on: October 23, 2010, 04:20:38 PM »

an angelic monkey  Confused here.  I know why Baez is called Bozo, but Jarhead?  Did I miss some antics somewhere that involved a jar? 

No, you didn't miss anything Zoomonkey......... it's a stretch! "Mason" became "Mason Jar" and "Mason Jar" became "Jar" and "Jar" became "Jarhead".

It's a tortured progression, I know, but there it is!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #358 on: October 23, 2010, 04:22:29 PM »

Hiya, Mizjay!! Liked that one didn't you??      
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: October 23, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »

hello friends

http://www.docstoc.cA Web Sleuther prepared a COLOR CHART of KC’s Defense Attorney’s who have “come & gone.” LOL! Some are a distant memory, I assume the Color Chart was the way Baez “organizes KC’s defense.” LOL!

om/docs/58079674/Casey-Anthony-Attorneys

snipped:

Loca
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.