April 24, 2024, 04:27:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #173 10/14/10 - 10/29/10  (Read 183928 times)
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: October 28, 2010, 02:06:33 PM »

Me too, Sunny.

Trimm~oh yeah...hammer time is long past due.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #561 on: October 28, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/10/casey-anthony-pre-trial-hearing.html
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Casey Anthony Pre-Trial Hearing Tomorrow: The Motions
What an excellent "pre-game" analysis by RitaNita, IMO.
Excerpt:

- -

8. (The State lists names of those interviewed/deposed already) ...Guillermo Medino lives in Mexico and has not been in Florida since 2008...

The only information provided for Travis Sanders was that he lives in Northern California along with his e-mail address. Efforts to contact him via email have been unsuccessful.

An incorrect address was provided for Gail St. John and Tamra St. John in Ohio. Efforts to contact Ms. St. John through her web site have been ignored and the undersigned is in the process of obtaining service of process on the St. Johns in Ohio.

The attorney for Brandon Sparks has stopped responding to requests to set his deposition and the undersigned has had contact with prosecutors in King County, Washington in an effort to secure his presence at deposition.

9. The deposition of Laura Buchanan began on August 16, 2010 via Skype from New Jersey. At the time of the deposition, Mrs. Buchanan was represented by Raymond M. Brown of Iselin, New Jersey. By agreement of the parties, the deposition was suspended and was scheduled for completion on October 13, 2010 via Cisco Webex. On October 11, the undersigned was advised via email that Mrs. Buchanan was ill and would not be able to attend the October 13 deposition. On October 21, 2010, Mr. Brown advised that Mrs. Buchanan had retained new counsel in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and the deposition would not be able to be rescheduled before October 31, 2010. New counsel, Bernard Cassidy, is in the process of familiarizing himself with his client's involvement in the case and has agreed to discuss rescheduling the remainder of the deposition in the near future.

- -

Behold the magnificence of these high-profile attorneys, hard at work on the biggest case of their careers:

clown
CM       JB

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: October 28, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/58591171/10222010-Correspondence-to-Court
10/22/2010 Correspondence to Court

(Thanks MuzikMan)

No signature and no return address 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: October 28, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/

Casey Anthony: How much more time does defense want for investigator?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Orlando, WFTV, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on October, 28 2010 6:16 PM
Why is Casey Anthony’s defense team seeking more time for its private investigator?

“We need more investigation and they have to get paid,” defense attorney Cheney Mason told WOFL-Ch. 35’s Holly Bristow. “The state can send all the investigators they want, from any agency they want, with no budget.”

Bristow interviewed Mason and defense attorney Jose Baez as they walked outside the courthouse. Mason did all the talking. Baez, wearing sunglasses, walked along silently.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry had budgeted 300 hours for the defense’s private investigator. The defense is asking for an additional 300 hours for its investigator.

Bristow wanted to know if that will be the end. “No,” Mason said. “It’s going to take a lot more than that.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie. Anthony will be back in court on Friday for a status hearing. Her trial is scheduled to begin in May.

Bristow asked why the defense is doing so much investigation late in the game. “They [the state] are late in the game at disclosing evidence to us,” Mason said.
The defense is also asking Perry to seal jail records about Anthony’s visitors and commissary purchases.

WOFL and WFTV-Ch. 9 reported that Anthony’s attorneys today deposed Special Agent Nick Savage, the lead FBI agent on the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: October 28, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/25554624/detail.html
Casey Status Hearing Friday: What To Expect
WESH.com To Stream 1:30 P.M. Hearing; Anthony Expected To Be Present

POSTED: 4:53 pm EDT October 28, 2010
UPDATED: 5:42 pm EDT October 28, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony heads to court for the first time in months on Friday for a status hearing
Anthony hasn’t attended a hearing in her case since July, when several family members took the stand. The month prior, Anthony fell while exiting a courthouse elevator and could not attend the hearing. She is not required to attend case status hearings.

Judge Belvin Perry is expected to hear the defense’s arguments next week over two recently filed motions.
One asks for Perry to reconsider previous rulings over the public’s access to Anthony’s jail records, such as commissary purchases and visitors logs. The second pertains to a motion asking for Perry to set a budget for penalty phase costs that new defense lawyer Anne Finnell would incur.

Finnell estimated her costs could reach $20,000.

The Justice Administrative Commission, the state agency that doles out funds for indigent clients like Anthony, doesn’t fully agree with the cost estimates. In a response filed last week, the commission said some of the cost estimates were too high and others should not be paid for by the state.

Anthony defense attorney also filed a motion this week seeking to double the amount of investigative hours granted to the defense. Perry set a cap in May of 300 in-state investigative hours. The new motion asks for another 300 hours, at a cost of up to $12,000.

Perry may also consider motions filed by the defense to limit how many records from the Orange County Jail are made available to the public.

Right now, records such as Anthony's jailhouse account balance, commissary purchases and visitor log are a matter of public record.
Anthony's defense team argues that public access to such records only serves to embarrass their client and invade her privacy. Similar requests have been denied in the case before.

Friday's hearing is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. WESH.com will stream the hearing live.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: October 28, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »

I can't wait for the hearing tomorrow.
I hope there really is a smackdown.
I think they'll get the extra hours for the investigator, but there should be a full accounting of what he's done so far, aside from intimidating TES searchers. I hope he'll be replaced with one appointed by the court or JAC.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #566 on: October 28, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »

I think they'll get the extra hours for the investigator, but there should be a full accounting of what he's done so far, aside from intimidating TES searchers. I hope he'll be replaced with one appointed by the court or JAC.

Me too Curly!  I've been hoping for JP to wipe the floor with them but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #567 on: October 28, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »

I want to know why they canceled the depositions for the Grunds and Hernandez.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #568 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:42 AM »

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/58591171/10222010-Correspondence-to-Court
10/22/2010 Correspondence to Court

(Thanks MuzikMan)

WOOHOO! Whoever wrote this has my THANK YOU!  Please someone post the letter here!!

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #569 on: October 29, 2010, 12:48:53 AM »

(Thanks MuzikMan)
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/58585399/10262010-State-Motion-to-Extend-Depo-Deadline-For-Specific-Non-Expert-Defense-Witnesses-Listed-After-May-2010
10/26/2010 State Motion to Extend Depo Deadline For Specific Non-Expert Defense Witnesses Listed After May 2010
Sooo.............miss Buchanan has new counsel...and from Ft. Lauderdale......someone Baez knows no doubt. She wasn't ill when she cancelled her depo.....her atty most likely quit her. lol  And the state is also having problems with the St. Johns and Brandon Sparks.....hmmmm....I guess that's what happens when one decides to lie.   JMO

I have a feeling that Buchanan is going to NEED good counsel - she is SO BUSTED for her lies.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: October 29, 2010, 12:57:57 AM »

(Thanks MuzikMan)
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/58585399/10262010-State-Motion-to-Extend-Depo-Deadline-For-Specific-Non-Expert-Defense-Witnesses-Listed-After-May-2010
10/26/2010 State Motion to Extend Depo Deadline For Specific Non-Expert Defense Witnesses Listed After May 2010
Sooo.............miss Buchanan has new counsel...and from Ft. Lauderdale......someone Baez knows no doubt. She wasn't ill when she cancelled her depo.....her atty most likely quit her. lol  And the state is also having problems with the St. Johns and Brandon Sparks.....hmmmm....I guess that's what happens when one decides to lie.   JMO

I have a feeling that Buchanan is going to NEED good counsel - she is SO BUSTED for her lies.
the  billion $$ question is....did she do it all by herself out of the goodness of her heart/  did she do it because Cindy persuaded her/ did she have another person 'suggest' a way she could really help the defense along???

Another money question: if the docs are falsified why didn't any of the crackerjack investigators figure it out and stop the operation? Wouldn't it be fair to say that the obsession with TES is all bound to her testimony...so..who knew what/ when??/
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #571 on: October 29, 2010, 12:59:50 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/25516807/detail.html
Casey's Defense Wants Experts Reimbursed
Posted: 12:54 pm EDT October 26, 2010
Updated: 1:13 pm EDT October 26, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team is proposing set rates for travel cost reimbursements for its out-of-state experts.

The defense wants its experts to be able to stay at $150 per night hotels at taxpayers' expense and wants them to be reimbursed for business calls and mileage.

Attorneys are trying to get Chief Judge Belvin Perry to approve the reimbursements.

The defense is also asking the court to double the expense allowance for its state private investigator. Judge Perry set a limit of 300 hours for the Florida private investigator and 100 hours for an out-of-state investigator.

The defense said it's used up all that time, costing taxpayers $16,000 and now wants taxpayers to pay for another 300. Its private investigator has been accused of harassing prosecution witnesses who helped search for Caylee.

wasn't something brought up in one of the hearings about the expert witnesses staying in lee expensive hotels already and JP didn't think they needed to stay in expensive hotels??  Oh why must my memory fail me now!  LOL

I'm remembering this as well, Sunny. Motel 6s...Good enough for them.

He best be in a pissy mood on Fri. He's been far too accommodating to those ungrateful clowns as it is.

Wonder what the reason is for the cancellation of all the depos? I say mind games and stall tactics. They disgust me.

Curly I am so glad you remembered something about it too!! I don't know what, but as Monka pointed out this morning a lot of odd occurrences, even than A's have been muted! What's really up???

He is trying to negotiate a plea with the state.  

BTW, Did you all see where another woman in Fl killed her child because the child kept interrupting her farmville game on facebook. She immediately pleaded guilty and the article I read said she would be out in 8 years. That is what my brother said Bozo should have done with KC and he said she would have been out in 8-10 years. Of course Bozo had all those grandiose plans for his own fame and fortune and now he sealed her fate fate to a minimum of life in prison.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: October 29, 2010, 01:38:33 AM »

(Thanks MuzikMan)

Hope that this is pursued. I want everyone behind bars.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #573 on: October 29, 2010, 01:39:50 AM »

Bearly, like you I believe if she wanted to be there, she would be. I still contend that what she heard from the scientists convinced her there was nothing for her to try to dispute and she cut her losses and got the hell outta dodge. JMO

Those are my sentiments exactly !!

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #574 on: October 29, 2010, 01:46:10 AM »

TICK TOCK -TICK TOCK............The clock is winding down on Oct. 31st deadline and a ton of depositions are not done.

I am so in hopes the judge reams them a new one in court tomorrow. They have blatantly disrespected all the court rulings and now it is time to pay the piper. The ONLY reason I can think the Grund depositions were canceled AGAIN is they are trying to get a deal with the state. That is the 3rd cancellation of them and the judge may rule it is just too bad that the Grunds don't have to sit for them after 3 cancellations. Jessee does not even live in Florida anymore so he has to make a trip each time.  It is not fair to them to keep having to come and get them canceled at the last minute as they have done each time.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: October 29, 2010, 05:56:11 AM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/10/casey-anthony-back-in-court-fr.html
WDBO Local News   

Casey Anthony back in court Friday
By Drew Petrimoulx @ October 29, 2010 5:00 AM Permalink | Comments (0)
Casey Anthony heads back to court Friday afternoon for a hearing in her murder case.
Here's what to expect:

Casey lawyers want jail phone calls, visitation logs and other records from the jail kept from public release.

The defense has made this request before and was denied, but now says a ruling in South Florida bolsters their argument that the records are not public.

Also, the defense will ask for more taxpayer money to keep Casey from getting the death penalty should she be convicted of murder.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: October 29, 2010, 06:03:38 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-public-finance-defen20101029,0,4650534.story
How much has Casey Anthony's defense cost?
October 29, 2010
Casey Anthony's attorneys are expected to go to court today and propose a budget for more state funds to defend Central Florida's most high-profile murder suspect.

Some have questioned why Anthony's defense is now publicly financed through the Justice Administrative Commission.

But Jose Baez, her lead defense attorney, maintains his team must provide a comprehensive and competent defense against what he called the "open checkbook" enjoyed by the prosecution in this murder case. Anthony, 24, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie.

"Money has been no object in the prosecution of this case," Baez said, adding that his ability to hire experts, to investigate and interview witnesses is essential to "level the playing field."

Here's a breakdown of the public financing for the case:

$38,672.38 This is the total amount the defense team has billed the state since a judge declared her indigent in March. It includes the $18,405.40 that's been paid so far, payments still pending and invoices returned due to insufficient documentation or duplicate filings.

$8,118.92 Expert witness Dr. Henry Lee – made famous by the O.J. Simpson murder case - in September billed JAC for travel and services. He said that fee included a 50 percent discount.

$11,123 Jeremiah Lyons Investigations has billed at least this much for interviewing witnesses, picking up law enforcement records, making public records requests and consulting with attorneys.

$6,413,88 The defense has billed at least this much for court reporting and transcription services

Here's the approximate cost of incarcerating Casey Anthony for more than two years at the Orange County Jail:

$68,629.40 as of Thursday. Anthony has been held continuously since Oct. 14, 2008. The per diem rate for inmates is $92.12.Jail officials say Anthony's actual cost of incarceration is likely higher because she is in protective custody and has special travel needs. Jail records show Casey Anthony is the 40th longest serving inmate at the facility.

Prosecution costs:

$42,200.16 The prosecution would not itemize the expenses because it would reveal work product. This total does not include salaries of the prosecutors working on the Casey Anthony case. Two of those salaries exceed $100,000 per year.

Before being declared indigent, Anthony's private funding totaled:

$275,00, including $200,000 paid by ABC News

Of that, $121,954.83 went to attorneys and a media consultant

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: October 29, 2010, 06:07:20 AM »

Almost forgot.....does anyone really believe Casey is embarrassed by having her info released by the jail?  I bet she loves it....*everyone wants to know all about me me me*.  She probably does her strut in her cell just thinking about it.   This is such a waste, a huge waste....but everything they do is any way.  I can't wait for tomorrow.....so hoping the hammer falls.

Tupelo,I agree with everything you said.So glad it's court day. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: October 29, 2010, 07:47:53 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/october/167169/Should-Casey-Anthony%E2%80%99s-jailhouse-records-be-sealed
Should Casey Anthony’s jailhouse records be sealed
Last Updated: Friday, October 29, 2010 6:55 AM
ORLANDO -- 
A hearing will be held Friday on some big issues in the case against Casey Anthony.

Lawyers will be arguing over whether Anthony's jailhouse records should be sealed.

Attorney Jose Baez filed a motion, saying that the media and the public should not be able to get records that could contain embarrassing or sensitive information.     

Attorneys for the Orlando Sentinel are asking the files be kept open.

Anthony's attorneys would also like to have certain defense costs covered by the court, including travel and lodging expenses, copying expenses, and the cost to hire a psychologist or psychiatrist.

Anthony is also expected to be in court for Friday's hearing.  It is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: October 29, 2010, 07:49:14 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/10/29/caylee-anthony-case-hearing-today-mish-mash-and-a-rehash/
Caylee Anthony case: Hearing today, mish mash and a rehashPosted on October 29th, 2010 by Valhall

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.