May 01, 2024, 08:16:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #173 10/14/10 - 10/29/10  (Read 184252 times)
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: October 22, 2010, 08:33:07 PM »

Last status hearing when Bobo was going over his colouring project and Mr Ashton was asking about some of the forensics stuff, Bobo said he and the Jar were flying to NY to meet with LKB and they would have a schedule for Ashton or whatever it was after those  meetings.  Wonder what is going to happen now?  Bet this makes him colour outside the lines. 

Thanks for the laugh, Northern Rose.
One report says she's withdrawing for financial reasons, another no specific reason...
As if the Baden's were hurting for $.
She's surely seen the light...There's no hope for her murdering client.
I was hoping it was the Jar when I saw the headline.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: October 22, 2010, 08:45:26 PM »

Last status hearing when Bobo was going over his colouring project and Mr Ashton was asking about some of the forensics stuff, Bobo said he and the Jar were flying to NY to meet with LKB and they would have a schedule for Ashton or whatever it was after those  meetings.  Wonder what is going to happen now?  Bet this makes him colour outside the lines. 

One report says she's withdrawing for financial reasons, another no specific reason...
I thought that when Finnel came on board that the Jar was leaving because they don't need 2 death penalty qualified attorneys. If JAC denies Finnel's request for funds I bet the two of them will be tripping over each other to be the first to request out.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: October 22, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »

I thought that when Finnel came on board that the Jar was leaving because they don't need 2 death penalty qualified attorneys. If JAC denies Finnel's request for funds I bet the two of them will be tripping over each other to be the first to request out.

Bozo was so arrogant when he had all these dream team members!!
He was so sourcastic to  kathi !! now it looks like he has to do some of the work himself!! He thought he would deligate work to everyone and sit back and be their bosss!!! wnder what he is feeling now!!
pride cometh before a fall!!

Loca
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2010, 09:04:10 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/october/164821/Lawyer-stepping-down-from-Casey-Anthonys-defense-team
Lawyer stepping down from Casey Anthony's defense team
Last Updated: Friday, October 22, 2010 6:31 PM
ORLANDO -- 
A member of Casey Anthony's defense team is stepping down from the high-profile case.

The defense filed a motion in Orange County Court Friday, notifying the court that Linda Kenney-Baden will be withdrawing from the case.

Court documents said Kenney-Baden is stepping down not because of any issues with the case, but because because the work she's been brought on board to do is done.

"As out of state counsel I have been traveling to Florida and elsewhere to properly represent Ms. Anthony," she wrote in her motion.

She added, it is her "understanding that the JAC prohibits payment of such costs to out of state attorneys even though they have rendered and are rendering their services free of charge."

Kenney-Baden will remain as a consultant and appear periodically throughout the trial.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie.

Her trial is expected to start in May.

Anthony faces a possible death sentence if convicted.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2010, 09:05:07 PM »

Ono
good to see you back!!!

Loca
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2010, 09:24:15 PM »

What is about pro bono that is so hard to conceptualize?
These attorneys volunteered their services. How did they suppose they were going to get back and forth to Orlando? (other than their broomsticks).
Clicking their heels or twitching their noses just doesn't work.
How stupid do they really think the public is?

Run, LKB, run...

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2010, 09:44:03 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/25482582/detail.html
Lawyer Leaves Casey Anthony Defense Team
Posted: 7:11 pm EDT October 22, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- One of Casey Anthony’s attorneys has decided to leave her defense team.

Linda Kenney Baden filed a motion to withdraw as counsel on Friday.

Casey Anthony is facing murder charges for the death of her young daughter, Caylee, in 2008.

Before joining Anthony’s defense team, Baden represented O.J. Simpson when he was charged with murder in California.

Casey has been declared indigent, which means the state is covering the costs for her defense.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2010, 09:52:48 PM »

(Thanks to MuzikMan)  http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94377&page=5

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/58075086/10202010-Notice-of-Filing---Entomology-List
10/20/2010 Notice of Filing - Entomology List

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/58075503/101810-Request-for-Certificate-of-Materiality--for-Interstate-Witness
10/18/10 Request for Certificate of Materiality for Interstate Witness (includes order)

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2010, 09:54:46 PM »

(Thanks MuzikMan)  http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117762
10/13/2010 Notice of Taking Deposition(s)
Via Skype - Defense witness John Samples in GA - State taking depo Oct 26, 2010

10/13/2010 Notice of Taking Deposition(s)
Via Skype - Defense witness Brandon Sparks in WA - State taking depo Oct 28, 2010

10/15/2010 Notice of Taking Deposition(s) - State witness William "Eric" Edwards - OCSO - Defense taking depo Oct 22, 2010

10/18/2010 Request
for Certificate of Materiality for Intersate Witness Subpoena - Brandon Sparks

10/19/2010 Certificate of Material Witness - Brandon Sparks

10/20/2010 Notice of Taking Deposition(s) - State witness Yuri Melich - Defense taking depo Oct 27, 2010

10/20/2010 Notice of Taking Deposition(s) - State witnesses Richard Grund, Jesse Grund, and jail guard Sylvia Hernandez - Defense taking depos Oct 26, 2010

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2010, 10:24:13 PM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/
Did Jose Baez Lie to Jane Velez-Mitchell?
10/22/10

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: October 22, 2010, 11:03:41 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/25482582/detail.html
Posted: 7:11 pm EDT October 22, 2010
Updated: 10:42 pm EDT October 22, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- One of Casey Anthony’s attorneys has decided to leave her defense team.

Linda Kenney Baden filed a motion to withdraw as counsel on Friday. She is the third attorney to leave Anthony's defense team this year.

Baden is a forensics and cross-examination expert, and worked on Anthony's case since 2008.

Casey Anthony is facing murder charges for the death of her young daughter, Caylee, in 2008.

Baden left the defense team because of issues regarding money. Casey was declared indigent, which means the state is covering the costs for her defense. The case had required Baden to travel to Orlando from New York to be in the courtroom, but the state won't reimburse out of state attorneys working pro bono.
Hours after learning Baden was leaving Casey Anthony's defense team, WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Anthony's remaining attorneys, including J. Cheney Mason, will have a tough time filling Baden's shoes.

"Although Mr. Mason is a very very experienced and good lawyer, he's not known as an expert in the area of forensic evidence. This is going to be a significant loss to the defense," said Sheaffer.

This comes after high-profile attorney and anti-death penalty advocate Andrea Lyon left the Anthony defense team in June, also citing financial reasons. In February, Todd Macaluso left the defense team because of a disciplinary issue with the California state bar, for which he was eventually disbarred.

"We've seen a number of attorneys who have been involved in this case who have advanced some personal interest of their own in representing Casey, that after they've exhausted that, have left the case," said Sheaffer.

Before joining Anthony’s defense team, Baden represented O.J. Simpson when he was charged with murder in California.

~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: October 22, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »

Hey, Monks...Looka here......
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
10/22/2010     Motion to Withdraw
as Counsel (Linda K. Baden, Esq)

Rats deserting a sinking ship, don't you think?

She hung on longer than I thought she would.  Guess all the forensic evidence was pretty tight with no wiggle room for her to jump up and down in the court room screaming "junk science"....OR she has had enough.  That leaves the new lawyer with her MD in a BOX who will have Indian Dr's on line relaying questions via text.  Wouldn't it suck if JP banned electronic devices from his courtroom?

Hi Monks--Hi Northern Rose--- I predicted that she would have no "Wiggle room" after she wore that tight lace-up-the-back number in court.  (OK, the devil made me do it.)

BB!  I've gotten more chuckles out of that dress! Too bad she's leaving cause there are probably many other wardrobe don'ts in her closet but BUH BYE LKB
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: October 22, 2010, 11:29:22 PM »

I wonder what they will call themselves now. Dream Team.. Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!
::MonkeyDevil::More like The Dream On Team 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2010, 03:39:37 AM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2010, 04:01:20 AM »

I still want to know when Laura Buchanan's depo is going to be rescheduled.
How do they just let these things drop?

I would say we will hear about that in the status hearing because the State brings up her lack of complying with the supeonea each time in court and this one I hope the judge orders her picked up.

I hope he does to, but I do not think he can in NJ from Fla, no?
How about a bench warrant for contempt of court. That way if she is stopped for anything the warrant would show up. Just make her uncomfortable enough to give the depo.

What about 'Obstruction of Justice?'

The point I am making is that Fla has no standing to arrest her for anything in NJ, it does not cross state lines.

They must first petition the court and in effect extradite her. She would be a flaming imbecile if she does that.

Maybe Jeremiah Lyons is on her stoop right now.
B

Blink, this is from the Casey Anthony case and it appears that Florida and Washington have an agreement where if Florida wants to subpoena someone from Washington, Washington issues the subpoena.  I wonder if NJ and Florida have the same arrangement.

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2010, 05:20:57 AM »

I wonder what they will call themselves now. Dream Team.. Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!
::MonkeyDevil::More like The Dream On Team 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2010, 05:23:42 AM »

Posted: 7:11 pm EDT October 22, 2010Updated: 11:48 pm EDT October 22, 2010

Linda Kenney Baden filed a motion to withdraw as counsel on Friday. She is the third attorney to leave Anthony's defense team this year.
Video at link
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: October 23, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »

Posted: 7:11 pm EDT October 22, 2010Updated: 9:30 am EDT October 23, 2010

Baden is a forensics and cross-examination expert, and worked on Anthony's case since 2008.

Baden left the defense team because of issues regarding money. Casey was declared indigent, which means the state is covering the costs for her defense. The case had required Baden to travel to Orlando from New York to be in the courtroom, but the state won't reimburse out of state attorneys working pro bono.

Hours after learning Baden was leaving Casey Anthony's defense team, WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Anthony's remaining attorneys, including J. Cheney Mason, will have a tough time filling Baden's shoes.

"Although Mr. Mason is a very very experienced and good lawyer, he's not known as an expert in the area of forensic evidence. This is going to be a significant loss to the defense," said Sheaffer.

This comes after high-profile attorney and anti-death penalty advocate Andrea Lyon left the Anthony defense team in June, also citing financial reasons. In February, Todd Macaluso left the defense team because of a disciplinary issue with the California state bar, for which he was eventually disbarred.
"We've seen a number of attorneys who have been involved in this case who have advanced some personal interest of their own in representing Casey, that after they've exhausted that, have left the case," said Sheaffer.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: October 23, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/10/casey-anthony-what-will-linda-kenney-badens-departure-mean.html/comment-page-1
Casey Anthony: What will Linda Kenney Baden’s departure mean?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on October, 23 2010 9:44 AM
Central Florida News 13 saw it as “a major shakeup for Casey Anthony’s legal team.”

It was Linda Kenney Baden’s resignation from the team. “This is the most significant departure we’ve seen thus far,” WFTV-Ch. 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

Do you agree?

Sheaffer predicted that the other attorneys — including “very, very experienced and good” Cheney Mason — would have trouble making up for Kenney Baden’s forensic expertise.

Kenney Baden, who had been on the Anthony team since 2008, cited financial reasons for leaving the case of indigent client Anthony. Kenney Baden could no longer afford to work on the case for free, Central Florida News 13 said, citing her as a key member of the team. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The murder trial is scheduled to begin in May.

WFTV’s Eric Rasmussen noted that attorney Andrea Lyon also left the case for financial reasons and attorney Todd Macaluso departed the case for a disciplinary issue in California. Macaluso was later disbarred.

In his analysis, Sheaffer said, “We’ve seen a number of attorneys who have been involved in this case who have advanced some personal interest of their own in representing Casey, that after exhausting that, have left the case.”

But WFTV also noted that the Anthony team added three lawyers last month.
One of Kenney Baden’s most memorable moments in the case came during a “48 Hours Mystery” interview a year ago on CBS.

A stranger killed the toddler, Anthony’s defense team said in an interview with Maggie Rodriguez. “Somebody else is the killer of this child,” Kenney Baden said.

~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: October 23, 2010, 10:46:12 AM »

Hey, Monks...Looka here......
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
10/22/2010     Motion to Withdraw
as Counsel (Linda K. Baden, Esq)

Rats deserting a sinking ship, don't you think?

Hi Monka.....we knew this was coming. I think this says a lot about the depos they did in TN.  IMO if there was anything LKB thought she could fight, anything she thought was JUNK SCIENCE,  she wouldn't leave.

Good point Sunny ..

wow this speaks volumes! I have never seen a case where so many people  jump ship
wonder if Mason is next! I kinda think he could be?!!

He would be gone already, but he can't find the exit door.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.