April 26, 2024, 03:30:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Mormon in the White House  (Read 16966 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2007, 07:21:06 AM »

CBB-

I don't think Louise was referring to  you but to me and perhaps mrs red. Interesting in that I did watch the entire debate and yes, Edwards was more 'definitive' than either Hillary or Obama. New Mexico's governor went for broke as well, at times he pushed some accountability within the group and at other times he was off the deep end a bit.

Edwards called out Hillary for not admitting as he has, that they all voted for the war originally. She has backed off admitting any responsibility. He also pushed for questions around these health care plans and the nuts and bolts, particularly with Obama's. I think if he did win it was because he was more definitive and more detailed. Actually MSM was reporting Edwards had slid to only 8% of the dem voters prior to the debate? Again I think it depends upon who is doing the polling at times, these polls do appear to be skewed.

Charlie Rose interviewed Bob Woodward last night and he had much to say regarding Hillary, in fact I perceived Bob as a big fan of hers. He did emphasize there are great differences between Hilllary and Bills' ideologies and practices, something I am unsure voters are discerning too? I felt during the debate that Hillary is trying to capitalize upon the broad appeal Bill had, this is disappointing for she should stand alone on her own merits. I also laughed at her 'dear husband' remark because they haven't been close for many years now. Just a facade and two ships that pass in the night, so as a result yes, I do find it ridiculous she keeps trying to portray that differently after all the years and woman trail that Bill keeps leaving?

Hillary has been a good wife and mother, the center for their family to keep it grounded as much as one could, but as Woodward related a former cabinet member of Bill's had said even recently (I wonder if it was Allbright) that "Bill's emotional growth was stunted at age 23 and has yet to move beyond that). I would agree if his personal behavior and habits are an indication. As a result I truly do not want him helping Hillary to run the white house again. Bill got his two terms and I'm not an advocate for revising the rules for he and for Hillary.

Thompson is now being portrayed in the media as the optional choice between party lines, that indeed may become his calling card before all is said and done here? This is one reason why he's appealing to me even though I do like Romney very much. This time around when it comes down to the election I intend to be strategic with my vote, and vote for someone who does have a fair chance of winning.

SO Louise can accuse me of being unfair but ultimately she's being unfair IMO. I seems to aggravate her with whatever I post lately. Debate isn't supposed to be all fun and frolic, these are hard issues and the future of our country hangs in the balance. We have Putin exclaiming he's the most democratic leader in the free world this week?

I'd have liked to hear the dems discuss foreign policy in their debates but the bulk of what they discussed was the Iraq war. We know their stand on that and with Putin and Kim both being very aggressive in their talk and actions around nuclear weapons, I'd like to see some of their thoughts and plans regarding this?

Hillary seems to think we should put Bill in charge of all of this, make him our global diplomat to handle every global issue from bird flu to Iraq to Iran. I am not buying that one.

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »

Nonesy! That's quite a recap! Thanks, hon!

I don't want any more of Bill Clinton in the White House either. I wouldn't opt for Hillary on Pennsylavania Avenue either, for reasons I've already mentioned and that are independent of Bill.
I honestly think it's time for the "Clinton/Bush Dynasty" to come to a close. I hear good things about Jeb, but the timing isn't right. Strategic voting in the upcoming election is a smart thing, and I intend to do that as well.
It's early and a lot can happen between now and the election, but, like you, I'm really trying to make an informed decision as well as one that will count. I just feel strongly that it's important at this point in our history and the views are so very different. I've never felt that our country was so threatened as it is now.

Thanks, None for your excellent reporting!!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »

I hope everyone is watching the debate, I am still working but trying to do both and suspect I'm missing lots  Confused

Lots of important questions being asked about the war and glad to see this open discussion !

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2007, 09:17:45 PM »

Dear Nonesy,

I don't think I accused you of being unfair and in general, your political posts do not aggravate me. I just want to be able to state my opinion, which is very much open to change. I am not a radical or fanatical or liberal or conservative anything. I only became interested in politics late in my adult life. You know a lot more about politics and issues than I do.

For example, I am shocked John Edwards is thought to be the winner in the debate. I thought he became toast earlier in the week for the following reasons. Recently Edwards spoke about the war on terror. He said (not quoted exactly) "What is the war on terror? It's just a bumper sticker and always has been. That's all it is." All the pundits on FOX and CNN said he just cut his own throat and is finished. He is over but thinks he is still running. What about the $400 haircut? I know the most expensive haircut in Beverly Hills would no way reach $400. And I feel very generous towards people who have their hair done in Beverly Hills ... it is expensive. My color costs $240 and a haircut costs $110 in the best salon. It still doesn't come to $400 for a man's haircut.

The middle three seats on the stage were occupied from left to right, Hillary, Obama and Bill Richardson. Obama in the middle. To me, he was more impressive than the other two.

I am SOOOO glad that Kerry/Edwards were not elected. I think Edwards is a nut. The pundits say he is 8% today and will be 4% tomorrow.

I am not crazy about Hillary either.

Through these discussions with you Monkeys, I am leaning towards republicans ... Guillani and Thompson. I won't vote for Romney, nor McCain (what a laugh).

These are my personal opinions at the moment. As I said, I'm a political novice.

Please teach me.

Thank you.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2007, 10:30:15 PM »

Louise,

I think we have a long way to go and much still to learn before we'll know who ultimately 'deserves' our vote. I can remember growing up that my parents always expected their votes to be earned and they took their voting privilege quite seriously. I wish we could return to that sentiment and attitude nationwide.

No human needs a $400 haircut, no one. He built his home in the single most expensive area in NC as well, something I still haven't reconciled should be overlooked. I also saw the interior of McCain's pricey condo last week and it looked fit for Architectural Digest. I think that's extravagant as well.

Edwards made the blooper of the century joining forces with Danny Glover in support of Chavez this week. I think we can safely say Edwards is toast now.

You know I wonder how much money in campaign dollars he has wasted with that outcome? sheesh

I think there were several winners last night in different areas, I am looking forward to ALL of the debates despite party lines.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2007, 11:09:46 PM »

After seeing all the things that Romney did for Massacheusetts which is incredibly liberal... and the incredible job he did of pulling out the SLC Olympics...

so he still holds my attention - I think we could do so much worse...

my big cavet with Fred Thompson is McCain... he is too supportive of McCain and I don't like McCain at ALL....
I do know that the big issue they are making of him right now is that he has a younger "trophy wife"... in the paper or on the radio I forget, I actually heard someone say "Is America Ready for a Trophy Wife for First Lady?"

None you bring up a very good point about Edwards and Chavez, his hair and the house.... you know he ran on two Americas - and guess which one he lives in??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2007, 11:31:33 PM »

Mrs I think what may be hardest for Thompson is to build a campaign war chest capable of going to distance with Hillary and Mitt and Guilliani and even McCain. It seems his wife was rumored to be an exotic dancer? I have no idea if that's true?

Edwards truly has campaigned on the 'common man/worked myself up the hard way" and lives in ultimate luxury. I simply do not think he ever had to beg for college monies or scholarships or financial assistance. He went to UNC who operates their admissions in-state according to county quotas, always have and he was a good student and that likely was all it required.  His wife's family also helped to fund their first law office and so it might have been far harder than he's had to endure.

I am beginning to think he's a true narcissist.

The media pointed out McCain is most closely aligned with Bush now and perhaps that a poor strategy on his part, he's not personally appealing to me  either but I have tried to listen to him and to glean what I can of value. to date I'm just not feeling inspired he's anything more than a career politician?

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2007, 05:49:20 AM »

Wow.. great thread.

Just started with page 5 and will have to come back here tomorrow and start at page 1 !!!

Keep up the Good Work.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.