March 29, 2024, 05:06:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunting Down Defectors / Illegal Aliens  (Read 1372 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 29, 2010, 05:48:12 AM »

N. Korea & China Team Up to Hunt Down N. Korean Defectors

North Korea's secret police and China's law enforcement authorities are reportedly on a hunt to track down North Korean defectors throughout much of China.

Citing various sources on both sides of the border, the Japanese daily Asahi Shimbun reports that since June, some 100 North Korean agents have teamed up with hundreds of Beijing's Armed Police to ferret out those in hiding after fleeing the secretive regime.

The paper went on to say that so far dozens are believed to have been arrested and deported to their home country.

The emissaries, operating in small groups, are known to approach their targets as fellow defectors in disguise or employees at businesses run by people of Korean descent along China's east coast including the Shandong and Guangdong Provinces.

The rare joint effort between the two long-time allies concerning defectors from the reclusive country is considered a type of disciplinary measure by the North, in preparation for this week's meeting of the ruling Workers' Party.

Since the start of North Korea's food shortage in the mid-1990s, there has been a significant increase in the number of escapees to neighboring China with an annual average reaching in the tens of thousands.

read more here - http://www.arirang.co.kr/News/News_View.asp?nseq=107341&code=Ne2&category=2

Would the US and Mexico (or other nations) ever cooperate to hunt down defectors from Mexico?  Isn't this a little harsher than asking someone for their immigration papers?

I wonder what the annual immigration into China is?  Legal?  Illegal?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:57:54 AM »

Near the border we met some of those who had recently escaped from North Korea. All told us that hunger and starvation are returning to their country.

"Recently people started dying. If there's no food people starve, " says a woman who we'll call Choi Young-hee.

"You see lots near the train stations. People without homes, they go there to sleep. Many of them die."

Mrs Choi says food shortages mean well-off families in North Korea are getting two meals a day, everyone else makes do with just one.

"We don't ask to wear good clothes, to dance or play. We only want full stomachs. But every day we wake up and our first thought is 'How are we going to get some food for breakfast?' Then 'How are we going to get something for dinner?'," she says.

"Living like that makes people go crazy. Just brush against someone in the street and they will start fighting you. In their hearts everyone knows we live like dogs. But no-one can say it out loud."

"Right before I came to China I saw a person, sitting outside a public toilet. I said 'Don't sit here go to the entrance of the market, maybe someone passing by will give you a candy or bread.'

"They said they didn't have enough energy. Two days later they died, right there. There are many people like that, so weak they starve to death," says Mrs Lee.

But coming to China has, she says, opened her eyes to the way North Koreans are kept isolated, impoverished, starved of information and food, and so controlled by the Kim dynasty.

"Before I was thankful for everything, but after coming here to China I'm in shock. Our leaders live so well, if they just gave up a little of their wealth the people wouldn't worry about food," says Mrs Kim.

"But they only want to maintain their hold on power. They don't care about the sufferings of ordinary North Koreans. That's what I've realised."

In the US, the Obama's dine on lobster, Kobe beef, and pickled okra and the first lady wears $300 shoes...

North Korea has almost no real economy, widespread hunger, an increasingly desperate, alienated population, and tense relations with South Korea and America.

The future of America as Obama staffers help 'de-evolve' the nation's economy?  Return to the good old days of poverty?  The US seems to be on the path to "no real economy" - my opinion.

"But he's made us die, lose our homes, suffer. If his son now takes power I think it's dangerous, you wonder what will happen to North Korea. But inside my country I can't say a word."

How many are losing their homes in America?  While others get stimulus/recovery grants from community organizations for homes?  Pay little or nothing for something others are struggling to keep?

read more here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11244825

No economy for N. Korea = hunger, homelessness, and starvation.

What will "no economy" for the US look like?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.