June 07, 2024, 03:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwight Clark, 18yrs old missing since 9/26/10 Bellingham WA(Body Found)  (Read 18737 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 30, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »

Edit-to change subject line:  (Body Found)  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:41:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 03:33:14 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/104062149.html

He needs to be found': Hundreds gather at vigil for missing teen

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/104062149.html
By KOMO Staff September 30, 2010

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- Someone out there must know something -- that's the belief of friends and family members of 18-year-old Dwight Clark.

Four days have passed since Clark was last seen. Anxious for answers, hundreds gathered on Wednesday night for a candlelight vigil in Clark's honor.

Western Washington University President Bruce Shepherd had sent out a letter to the student body, asking students to support Clark's family during this difficult time.

"We're a very caring community, and that's one reason why I knew we needed to come together to share the bonds that keep us together," he said.

The missing 18-year-old's mother, Raelyn Clark, is still in shock over the teen's mysterious disappearance just days after starting college.

Dwight Clark was last seen leaving a party on Western's campus early Sunday morning. Family and friends are spreading the word, hoping someone will come forward with a crucial tip.

"We have, you know, almost 5,000 fans on Facebook on his new page," said friend Pennie Saum. "We're getting shirts out. We're getting flyers out, so the more people that know eventually we're going to find him."

Despite Western's reputation for having a safe campus, the teen's disappearance has put many students on alert.

"We're making sure we're locking all our doors, and we're not going to walk home alone," said student Chelsea Harington. "I was going to study in the library tonight, but I'm not going to do that because I know I'm going to have to take a late bus and possible walk a couple of blocks alone."

The vigil came just hours after more than 50 people hit the streets on Wednesday, hoping to find a clue.

Bellingham police say they've never seen this kind of outpouring in a missing person's case. People searched all over the city, including the stretch along Lincoln Creek, but found no signs of Dwight Clark.

"Where is my son?" said Raelyn Clark.

There are moments when Raelyn Clark can no longer stand; the sadness and worry is just too much.

But she is surrounded by help. A small army is looking for her son. They are students and volunteers from the university and around Bellingham, as well as family and friends from his hometown of Auburn. There are even people who have traveled across the state from Pullman.

"You know, I'm sure these people are thinking, 'What if it was mine?' I don't know why it's mine. Why is it my son?" Raelyn Clark said.

People with Clark's picture on T-shirts canvassed neighborhoods with flyers, checked the woods and creeks.

"We don't have any reason to believe that he had any issue that caused him despondent reaction," said police spokesman Mark Young. "There was no recent loss in the family. He has had some loss over the last few years, but family and friends say he was dealing that that quite normally."

Police say they're not picking up any of those crucial signals from the teenager's cell phone, which he used constantly, that could help pinpoint his location. The phone is either turned off, destroyed or the battery is dead.

The speculation from those who know the easy-going, intelligent 18-year-old is that somehow, some way trouble found him.

"He needs to be found. Someone knows something," said Saum. "So if you know something out there, you've got to call 911, because we've got to find him. His mom needs him found."

"And I don't care who they are. I don't care what they've done. I need them to tell somebody. Tell somebody what you did, where you did it," Raelyn Clark said.

The university has set up a reward fund that people can donate to. A parent and the president of the university have already given $1,000 each. And police have pitched in another $1,000.

The search for Dwight Clark was scheduled to resume on Thursday morning.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »

Find Dwight Clark Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/search/?init=srp&sfxp&q=Dwight+Clark&o=2048&lo&wk&ed&s=20#!/pages/FIND-Dwight-Clark/112109635515327

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:04:17 PM »

Originally published Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Where did WWU student disappear to in Bellingham?
Searchers are passing out fliers in Bellingham and wearing T-shirts with the picture of missing Western Washington University student Dwight Clark and the message "Help Find Me."

The Associated Press

BELLINGHAM, Wash. —
Searchers are passing out fliers in Bellingham and wearing T-shirts with the picture of missing Western Washington University student Dwight Clark and the message "Help Find Me."

The 18-year-old freshman from Auburn disappeared after leaving a party at 2 a.m. Sunday.

The Bellingham Herald reports a $3,000 reward has been offered for information.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013037420_apwamissingwwustudent.html?syndication=rss

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-seattle/bellingham-massive-search-effort-underway-to-find-missing-wwu-student
Bellingham: Massive search effort underway to find missing WWU student
September 30, 2010

BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A massive police and public search effort is underway to find the Western Washington University Freshman who, police say, disappeared while walking home from a friend's house early Sunday morning.

Dwight Clark, 18, is a straight-A student who loves to skateboard and film skateboarding. He sent over 6,000 text messages last month alone, and since his disappearance there hasn’t been a single text or call from his phone.

On Thursday afternoon Bellingham Police Department’s Public Information Officer, Mark Young, told Examiner.com, “There has been no communication coming from his cell phone whatsoever since he went missing. We’ve used every form of technology available to us to try to track his phone but we have not been able to locate it. We’d like to find his phone as it could help give us leads into what happened the night he disappeared.”

Young said Clark’s phone is a touch-screen Droid, and is asking the public to keep an eye out for it as it could provide valuable information.

Young said that Clark attended a party Saturday night, left the party, and went to a friend’s house. He allegedly left the friend's house around 2 a.m. to walk back to his dorm at WWU and never made it.
Upcoming search efforts, police/public needs help

Young told Examiner.com, “We are working with the public searching for this boy. We had 50 volunteers out at Ellis and East Champion this morning. We’re asking people to phone in leads.”

Young asked people interested in searching to first call (360) 778-8666. “It’s a management issue,” he said. Police would like to know ahead of time how many people will be searching.

Police have held briefings to assist searchers. They were held two Thursday, one at 1 p.m. and one at 2 p.m. Another is scheduled at 10 a.m. Friday morning.

Sergeant Collin Emmett is heading and coordinating search efforts, Young said. Emmett is organizing a mobile precinct Saturday night at the 1200 block of Railroad Avenue in Bellingham from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., offering a place where people can share any information they have about what happened early Sunday morning.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Bellingham Police Detective Gina Crosswhite at (360)778-8835.

Clark’s disappearance

Reports that Clark disappeared after leaving a party are incorrect, Young said. Clark attended a party Saturday evening then left to go to a friend’s house. He “hung out” with four or five friends until about 2 a.m. when he left on foot, presumably to walk back to his dorm at WWU. No one has seen him or heard from him since.

Young said everyone who attended the party and who saw Clark Saturday night have been questioned.

Young told Examiner.com that Clark’s friends and family say his disappearance is completely out of character for him, he wouldn’t just walk away from his life.

“This is very highly unusual behavior for this boy. He is very predictable. He’s not a doper or a drinker. He’s a skateboarder who likes to record videos of skateboarders. He’s a straight-A student. This is very unlikely behavior for him,” Young said.

Reward fund growing

Young also said a reward has been offered of $12,000 and growing. (Update: According to the FIND Dwight Clark Facebook page, the reward amount has, as of Thursday evening, reached $14,595.)

Annmarie Klug posted a request for help on the FIND Dwight Clark Facebook page, stating that she needs volunteers this weekend. She said she will be at the Market at Fairhaven this weekend raising funds for the reward. The Market will be matching all funds, she said, and is asking anyone who can help fill in some time gaps to contact her at kluga@u.washington.edu.

Description

Name: Dwight Clark
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 160 pounds
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Details:

Clark is from Auburn. He was last seen wearing a pink tye-died shirt, blue jeans, and black Nike shoes.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Bellingham Police Detective Gina Crosswhite at (360)778-8835.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 09:34:56 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/10/01/1365096/no-developments-in-search-for.html
No developments in search for missing WWU student
October 1, 2010

BELLINGHAM - The search for a missing Western Washington University student continued Friday, Oct. 1, without developments, but volunteers were undaunted as they plan more efforts this weekend.

Dwight A. Clark, 18, vanished early Sunday morning, Sept. 26, after walking away from a party in the 1000 block of Indian Street by himself.

About 60 volunteers met at the Kmart parking lot on Sunset Drive Friday morning and then fanned out to search for any sign of Clark in the surrounding neighborhoods and around Sunset Pond, said Pennie Saum, a friend of Clark's family.

Despite the publicity surrounding Clark's disappearance, Saum said many people the searchers contacted Friday didn't know about it.

"We did a lot of face-to-face contacts and handing out fliers with his picture on it," Saum said.

After a lunch break, the searchers focused their attention on Lake Padden. They plan to be in downtown Bellingham Friday and Saturday nights contacting people.

"We're going to talk and speak and see everyone we can," Saum said.

At 10 a.m. Saturday, the volunteers will meet at the parking lot of the former Toyota dealership at Ellis and East Champion streets, but their destinations hadn't been determined as of Friday evening, according to Saum.

They'll be searching again on Sunday as well.

Community support and donations have been pouring in to support and sustain the efforts, Saum said.

"We've had amazing community support," Saum said. "It's just absolutely wonderful."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 01:49:23 AM »

Missing WWU student's phone record redirects search

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/104191229.html

By Joel Moreno October 1, 2010
BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- A text message is the latest clue driving the search for a missing student in Bellingham.

Dwight Clark was headed to his college dorm room when he disappeared, but records show his cell phone was used in downtown Bellingham a mile away.

As a result, the focus of the investigation has shifted to the city's downtown core where volunteers will spread the word to the night crowd this weekend, hoping someone will remember something.

"Anything like this is strange and so sad and very disturbing, and we're just all hoping for a positive outcome," said Stacy Rice.

The 18-year-old Western Washington University student was last seen at approximately 2 a.m. Sunday walking to his dorm from an off-campus party.

He never made it, but police say Clark's phone sent a blank text message about 40 minutes later. They tracked the call to downtown Bellingham.

"It's just gathering as much information as they can with the night crowd in downtown Bellingham since that was the time that Dwight was last heard from," said Rice.

Rice says Red Cross volunteers will set up a comfort station for volunteers passing out flyers on Friday. In recent days, searchers have combed through parks and beaches in the area, but had no luck.

The disappearance has struck both investigators and those close to Clark as odd. Clark was an honors student from Auburn High School and had just moved to Bellingham to start his freshman year at college when he disappeared.

"I think the more people working the streets and supporting one another, the better chance we have," said Rice.

A reward of $16,820 is being offered for information leading to Clark's return. Anyone with information is urged to contact police immediately.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Candlelight-vigil-tonight-for-missing-WWU-student-104209558.html
(Video)
Friends of missing WWU student gather for vigil
October 2, 2010

AUBURN, Wash. - It's been nearly 7 days since Western Washington University freshman Dwight Clark disappeared after leaving a party in Bellingham. As the search continues there, his friends in his hometown of Auburn are also gathering and hoping he will be found safe.

Brianne Tracy handed out fliers at Auburn's Brannan Skate Park on Saturday. The park was Clark's favorite hangout spot, and it's where Brianne first met him three years ago.

"I've never known someone to go missing so to hear about this I wanted to show my support and show his family that people are praying for him and are worried," she said.

Clark did what most of the younger skateboarders at the park hope to do one day, he left Auburn and went off to college just two weeks ago Last week, after leaving a party in downtown Bellingham, he vanished. His friends in Auburn still can't believe it.

"I've known him for awhile, he's one of the best kids from around here I think," said 18-year-old Kyle Bourbanis.

He's known Dwight since the 8th grade, and although they went on to separate high schools they'd always meet up here.

"It's like he's there one day and then he's not. He's not around and we don't know where he's at," said Bourbanis.

This weekend his friends wear "Forever Green" shirts, part of a T-shirt line Clark founded last year, and green ribbons hang throughout Auburn, a reminder that the search for him continues.

"There's a lot of people trying to do stuff to find him," said Bourbanis. "We just want him to try to hang in there. (Dwight) there's a lot of people that love you and miss you."

More than 150 people spent most of Saturday searching in Bellingham. Clark's parents were also there. A reward of more than $16,000 has also been set up for information on Clark's whereabouts.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/10/02/1366238/investigation-search-efforts-for.html
Investigation, search efforts for missing WWU student continues
October 2, 2010

Bellingham Police Lt. Scott Snider is tired.

It's about 11 p.m. on Friday night, Oct. 1, and Snider, who oversees the department's investigations unit, is in downtown Bellingham to brief volunteers who are canvassing streets, handing out fliers and talking to people about a mystery that has permeated the city with a sense of unease - the disappearance of 18-year-old Dwight A. Clark.

Clark, a Western Washington University freshman originally from Auburn, was less than a week into life in Bellingham when he left a party in the 1000 block of Indian Street at about 2 a.m. Sept. 26 and vanished.

Police have no evidence that a crime occurred, but despite the massive search efforts of hundreds of volunteers who've covered miles of central Bellingham and handed out thousands of fliers, as well as the efforts of nine detectives, no trace of Clark has been found.

As he sits in the department's mobile precinct command center, essentially a renovated RV, on Friday night, Snider's fatigue is evident in yawns and a coffee cup kept at arms length.

He got to the police station before 9 a.m. that morning. Along with three other detectives, he'll be downtown until 2 a.m. Saturday morning.

To the detectives investigating Clark's disappearance, the case has meant long hours at work and the use of every investigative method at their disposal, Snider said.

To Clark's family and friends, many of whom are in Bellingham helping the search, his disappearance has caused grief, the anguish of not knowing what happened to him, and sleepless nights.

But everyone is buoyed by a simple hope - that Clark will be found.

"I'm optimistic in the hope that we will find Dwight," Snider said.

POLICE INVESTIGATION

Bellingham detectives began investigating Clark's disappearance on Monday, with a focus on recovering any evidence that would indicate where he is, Snider said.

They reviewed records of phone calls and text messages made from Clark's cell phone the night he disappeared. They tried to locate the phone using technology known as "pinging" but couldn't - the phone is either turned off, dead or broken.

Search dogs with Whatcom County Search and Rescue used the scent from Clark's clothing to try to retrace his steps that night. From that, police believe he walked north from the party or into downtown.

Friends of Clark said Thursday that a blank text message was sent from his phone 40 minutes after he left the party and was traced to the downtown area.

A helicopter with U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Air and Marine division also assisted with an aerial survey of Clark's last known locations, but couldn't find anything.

Detectives made contact with family and friends of Clark's to gauge who he is and his behavioral patterns, as well as determine what he was doing that night.

Based on those interviews, detectives have broken down what Clark was doing Saturday night, who he was with and where he was into 10-minute intervals, Snider said.

As the investigation lengthened, the methods detectives used proliferated, Snider said.

They've done forensic work on Clark's computer and contacted businesses downtown with security cameras that may have footage of him walking around, Snider said.

They've identified unoccupied houses in the areas Clark was that night and people with criminal histories who may be of concern in a case like Clark's.

As the case gained publicity, detectives reviewed information coming in via tips and phone calls to see if it could provide leads. On Friday, they took 30 phone calls, Snider said.

The U.S. Coast Guard assisted in searching the coastline along Bellingham Bay, Snider said.

Police have coordinated with the volunteers in their ground search efforts, Snider said. The volunteers have completely covered the York, Western Washington University and Sehome neighborhoods, as well as the Central Business District.

They've also covered the Sehome Arboretum, trails leading to Boulevard Park, areas along creeks, parks and other areas, Snider said. They redoubled their efforts downtown on Saturday night. The strategy downtown is to find anyone who may have seen Clark last weekend.

"It's about cultivating information about last weekend and to find something that will give us a good direction," Snider said.

The volunteer effort has covered territory and made contacts the police couldn't possibly hope to do on their own, Snider said.

"With all this volunteer effort, they've been able to comb streets, alleys, fields," Snider said. "There is no way we would be able to undertake making contact with a fraction of what these folks are able to."

Daily briefings are held to inform other officers of any developments and things to watch for, Snider said. Detectives are frequently reviewing the case to think of new strategies.

They are investigating other crimes that occurred in the area that night, including an assault that occurred four hours before Clark vanished and was reported by a bicyclist who said four men beat him with baseball bats in an unprovoked assault. The men drove away in a truck.

Throughout the week, more detectives have assisted the case's lead detective, Gina Crosswhite, in working it.

"At least eight detectives have touched this case and tried to provide investigative assistance to Detective Crosswhite," Snider said. "She's worked a tremendous amount of hours."

As the days dragged on, Snider said a frustrating realization developed.

"As we've put out all this information, all this coverage, all this volunteer effort, you realize this isn't garnering a lot of results," Snider said. "We're not developing a meaningful explanation."

The lack of developments isn't just frustrating, it's adding to the case's mystery.

"This is really outside the norm," Snider said. "We usually have some development by now that we know the person's here or that there's been some kind of crime. It's unique in that it's just not developing anything that's helping us find him."

The investigation will continue until Clark is found, Snider said.

"We'll maintain an open investigation until we can solve it," Snider said. "It's rare that it goes unresolved."

'WE NEED TO FIND HIM'

About 120 volunteers continued to search for Clark on Saturday, focusing on Fairhaven Park and along Squalicum Parkway, said Pennie Saum, a friend of Clark's family.

The reward fund for information about Clark's location is now over $16,000, Saum said.

A candlelight vigil for Clark was scheduled in Auburn Saturday night at a skate park he frequented, Saum said.

Saum said she wasn't sure how the search efforts will continue after Saturday night, which is the last one coordinated by police.

"We're not sure what tomorrow's going to bring," Saum said. "We're just kind of on a wing and a prayer. We've had people with time off of work and a lot people have to go home."

Saum said the efforts are aimed at giving some answers to Clark's mother, RaeLyn.

"Our biggest thing is peace for his mom," Saum said. "We need to find him for her. Maybe we'll never know what happened, but we'll know where he is."

Saum has a statement for anyone who knows where Clark is.

"We know that you know something," Saum said. "Go to somebody and tell them. That's our plea."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/sound/427748_sound104107403.html
Auburn vigil for missing student to be held Saturday; search continues
October 2, 2010

Family and friends of missing Western Washington University student Dwight Clark will be holding a candlelight vigil from 6:30-8 p.m. Saturday at the Brannan Skate Park in Auburn
The public is invited. The park is located at 611 28th St. NE.

Clark, a freshman, has been missing since he left a party early Sunday morning. Clark never showed up at his Bellingham dorm six blocks away. His car remained parked outside his dorm.

Clark, an Auburn High graduate, is well known and "loved the skate park" at Brannan, according to many of his family and friends.

"We need to do whatever we can to get his picture out there," said Sara Malloy, a supporter. "We need Dwight home safe."

Searches have come up empty in the search for the 18-year-old Clark.

Led by Bellingham police, a massive volunteer effort is under way to find him.

The university has set up a reward fund that people can donate to. A parent and the president of the university already have contributed $1,000 each. And police have pitched in another $1,000.

According to Bellingham police, fast-mounting pledges have boosted the reward total to $12,000, which is available to anyone with information that could lead to Clark's discovery.

The search for Clark was scheduled to resume Thursday morning.

Clark is 6-foot-2 and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a pink tye-died shirt, blue jeans and black Nike shoes.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911.

nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »

Search, prayers continue for missing college student

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/104238804.html

By Joel Moreno & KOMO News Staff October 3, 2010

BELLINGHAM, Wash. - Even with no hard evidence of a crime, suspicion continues to build in the case of a Western Washington University student who's been missing for nearly a week.

Dwight Clark's family and friends held a vigil in his hometown of Auburn, where they wished him a quick and safe return.

His disappearance convinced Brianne Tracy to bring his closest friends together in a park where he loved to go skating.

"Everyone's going through a hard time. Everyone came here together to join in prayer for Dwight," she said.

The 18-year-old had just moved to Bellingham to attend Western Washington University when he went missing one week ago.

As search teams have scoured the city, hometown friends wanted to offer a tribute of their own.

Dwight Clark

"I felt it was really important to do something down here in his hometown for everyone to attend," Brianne said.

Hundreds of people lined the Auburn skate park holding candles, then launched on their skate boards as a tribute to Dwight and his passion for the activity.

Dwight was last seen about 2 a.m. Sunday walking to his dorm from an off-campus party. He never made it - but police say his phone sent a blank text message 40 minutes later.

Detectives tracked the call to downtown Bellingham, where volunteers handed out missing-person flyers Saturday night in hopes of stirring up new leads.

"He never had his phone off. It was always on, texting someone," says family friend Kaylie Evans.

Kaylie is caring for Dwight's little brother while his family keeps up the search in Bellingham - and she and Dwight's friends are holding on to hope.

"I love how the boys are skating right now," said Kaylie. "It's just - it hits home, and it's awesome that they're doing this for him."

Police still classify this as a missing persons case - but with suspicious circumstances.

Volunteers canvassing downtown Bellingham generated dozens of tips Friday night - and they were out until last call Saturday night to do the same.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/25277968/detail.html
No New Leads In Missing WWU Student Mystery
Searchers Looking For Dwight Clark Find Woman's Body

October 4, 2010

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- Bellingham police said no new leads have developed in the search for missing Western Washington student Dwight Clark despite an extensive investigation and a massive search by volunteers.

Searchers looking for Clark found the body of a woman in her 50s or 60s, an apparent suicide, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents said. The woman's body was found at about 9 a.m. on Saturday along the shore of Bellingham Bay near Cornwall and Pine Streets.

Meanwhile, Bellingham police said there are no more scheduled volunteer searches planned in the hunt for Clark.(snip)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 08:05:27 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FIND-Dwight-Clark/112109635515327?v=wall

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 08:13:03 PM »

Here's a follow-up article on the deceased ladyl the volunteer found while searching for Dwight Clark:

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2010/10/04/1651910/womans-body-found-on-bellinghams.html
Woman's body found on Bellingham's waterfront
October 4, 2010

BELLINGHAM — A volunteer helping search for missing college student Dwight A. Clark found the body of an elderly woman on the beach at the end of Cornwall Avenue Saturday, Oct. 2.

The woman, who appeared to be 60 to 65 years old, had a gunshot wound to the head, said Bellingham Police spokesman Mark Young. A handgun was recovered at the scene, Young said. An autopsy is pending, but it’s likely a suicide, Whatcom County Medical Examiner Gary Goldfogel said.

A Homeland Security employee searching for Clark, a Western Washington University student missing since Sept. 26, found the woman’s body at about 9:14 a.m., Young said.

The woman was slender with brown and gray shoulder-length hair, wearing brown hiking shoes, black socks, black pants and a black fleece coat. She also had a black windbreaker and handbag. None of her belongings contained any identification.

Anyone with information about this case should contact the Bellingham Police Department at 360-778-8800.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 10:01:42 PM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/104316599.html
Police investigating grim message left on missing student poster
October 4, 2010

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- Police here are looking for a man who wrote a mysterious message on a missing person poster for Western Washington University student Dwight Clark.

A witness said a man walked up to the poster hanging outside a store, and wrote "Down Town Murdered Dead Stabed 17 times RiP brother God Bless."

The witness said she asked the man why he was writing that, and the man replied because that's what had happened.

The man drove off, but the witness called police.

Police are now on the scene, investigating.

Clark, 18, was last seen leaving a party near the Western Washington University campus at about 2 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 26.

Officials said the Auburn teenager was headed back to his dorm room, but never made it.

Clark's cell phone sent a blank text message about 40 minutes later, and investigators tracked the location from which the message was sent to downtown Bellingham.

Friends, family and fellow students spent the last week searching for Clark, and a Facebook page with thousands of fans has been providing updates and helping coordinate search efforts.

Clark is an honors student from Auburn High School and had just moved to Bellingham to start his freshman year at college when he disappeared.

A reward of $16,995 is being offered for information leading to Clark's safe return.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:04:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »

http://www.mynorthwest.com/category/news_chick_blog/20101004/Update-on-search-for-WWU-student/
Update on search for WWU student
October 4, 2010

Western Washington University freshman Dwight Clark has been missing for just over a week. Friends, family, Bellingham residents, police and the U.S. Coast Guard have been searching for him. So far, nothing.

Bellingham police detectives have methodically tracked down all the people who saw the 18-year-old Western student at a party Saturday night, September 25th. Clark left the party at 2 a.m. Sunday and was last seen near the 1000 block of Indian Street.

This Google map shows the location (A) where Clark was last seen, in relation to the Western campus and a large tree-filled park in Bellingham.

Since then, police reviewed records from Clark's cell and tried to locate the phone by pinging it. That electronic attempt to reach the phone didn't work - meaning the phone is either turned off, broken, or has a dead battery.

Friends told police late last week they received a blank text message from Clark about 40 minutes after he left the party. That text was traced to the downtown Bellingham area. Clark's car hasn't been moved from its regular parking space, and no one has withdrawn money from his bank account, according to police.

Along with the hundreds of volunteers who have been out looking for Clark, Whatcom County Search and Rescue used the scent from Clark's clothing to try to retrace his steps that night with their search dogs. The result of that police work also indicates he went downtown.

An aerial search didn't turn up anything. The U.S. Coast Guard searched the coastline along Bellingham Bay. Again, nothing.

More than 15,600 people have joined a Facebook page called FIND Dwight Clark and the reward for information in the case is close to $17,000. T-shirts to raise money for the effort are being sold here: http://www.2galsinkn.com/dwight-clark-forevergreen.html

Friends held a candlelight vigil for Dwight Clark over the weekend in Auburn. Clark is a class of 2010 Auburn High School honors graduate.

Family and friends tie green ribbons on a fence in honor of Dwight Clark. The man wearing the red ballcap is Clark's half-brother. Photos are from the FIND Dwight Clark Facebook page.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 10:19:46 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/427832_clark05.html
Police investigating message left on missing student poster
Message says Western Washington University student was stabbed
October 4, 2010

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- Police here are looking for a man who wrote a mysterious message on a missing person poster for Western Washington University student Dwight Clark.
A witness said a man walked up to the poster hanging outside a store, and wrote "Down Town Murdered Dead Stabed 17 times RiP brother God Bless."

The witness said she asked the man why he was writing that, and the man replied because that's what had happened.

The man drove off, but the witness called police. Police were investigating Monday evening.

Clark, 18, was last seen leaving a party near the Western Washington University campus at about 2 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 26.

Officials said the Auburn teenager was headed back to his room at Nash Hall after a leaving a party nearby on Indian Street, but never made it.

Clark's cell phone sent a blank text message about 40 minutes later, and investigators tracked the location from which the message was sent to downtown Bellingham.

Friends, family and fellow students spent the last week searching for Clark, and a Facebook page with thousands of fans has been providing updates and helping coordinate search efforts.

Clark is an honors student from Auburn High School and had just moved to Bellingham to start his freshman year at college when he disappeared.

A reward of $16,995 is being offered for information leading to Clark's safe return.

On Saturday, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection unit helping with the search for Clark found a woman's body along the shore of Bellingham Bay.

Her death appears to be unrelated, though her cause of death has not been released. Her name has not been released pending an autopsy and family notification.

nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 10:42:33 PM »

By KOMO Staff October 4, 2010

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- Police here are investigating a mysterious message left on a missing person poster for Western Washington University student Dwight Clark.

A witness said a man walked up to the poster hanging outside a store, and wrote a message indicating that Clark had been stabbed to death.

The man drove off, but the witness called police.

A photo sent to KOMO News by a witness showed an officer removing the poster. The owner of the Super Store - outside which the poster was hanging - said police have reviewed the store's surveillance footage. He said investigators asked him for a description of the man, but he could not provide them with one as he'd not seen him.

Officials with the Bellingham Police Department did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Officials said the Auburn teenager was headed back to his dorm room, but never made it.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »

Picture of the poster the man wrote on:

October 4, 2010

(snip)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »

If true.......stabbed 17 times most likely someone he knew or drug deal gone bad? or both? If true, it is surely a rage kill.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.