March 28, 2024, 10:39:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308550 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #280 on: January 11, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »

I have bad allergies and get sinus infections and ear infections. I use Little Noses Sterile Saline Nasal Mist. It is for babies and little kids, and it is a mist that goes up each nostril. Since I can't stand anything that goes up my nose, this works the best for me. But the main thing, and the best thing I ever purchased, a humidifier. Since the humidifier I have not had any infections. It is dry in CA where I live, but even if you live in a climate with a brutal winter, by having your furnace on, it dries out the air in your house.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: January 11, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »

Had a doctor's appt. last week and mentioned that the only problem I had was sinus congestion. He gave me a brochure of something similar to a neti pot I guess. Said it was the best thing he had ever found and he used it regularly.
It's called NeilMed Sinus Rinse. It comes with an 8 oz bottle, cap, Fifty regular premixed packets and an Educational Brochure. SRP is $11.49.
I think with a neti pot, you have to buy the packets separately. I know 50 sounds like a lot, so don't know which would be the best buy.

I have used the NeilMed Sinus Rinse for about 10 months.  Not one sinus headache, no sinus infections . . . I am now off my allergy pills for the first time in about 15 years.  I use it twice a day . . . morning and evening.  I highly recommend it.  The couple of times I went away and forgot to pack it and could feel the pressure building again.  I went right to a drug store and bought a new one.  I now buy the packets in the 100 box.  My nephew uses one and now my Mom does too.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: January 11, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »

I was thinking of getting the Neilmed sinus rinse for hubs to take when he travels and when he is at work instead of taking the netipot with him...more compact..
will be anxious to speak with him later today to see how his sinuses are doing since he flew today...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »

A 15 MINUTE SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE LAST NIGHT TURNED INTO 12 HOURS.  SORRY ABOUT THE DOWNTIME.  EVERYTHING SHOULD BE OK NOW.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »

My niece went into labor and got to the hospital before the blizzard started. She just gave birth to Baby Boy -- Gavin Robert -- I have no idea what she will use for a last name, lmao...long story, but she does know who the father is and lives with him, but doesn't want to anymore, lol) So now she has Walker James who is 5 and Gavin Robert. 6 lbs. /  8 oz.   21" long with long black hair and long finger and toenails lol. She's 33 and will have her tubes tied before leaving the hospital. WTG Jaime Lynn!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »

My niece went into labor and got to the hospital before the blizzard started. She just gave birth to Baby Boy -- Gavin Robert -- I have no idea what she will use for a last name, lmao...long story, but she does know who the father is and lives with him, but doesn't want to anymore, lol) So now she has Walker James who is 5 and Gavin Robert. 6 lbs. /  8 oz.   21" long with long black hair and long finger and toenails lol. She's 33 and will have her tubes tied before leaving the hospital. WTG Jaime Lynn!

Congrats to your niece on her healthy baby boy!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »

Congrats, Nut!  Best wishes for your niece and her children.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »

Congrats, Nut!  Best wishes for your niece and her children.

yep..congrats Nut!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2011, 07:26:51 PM »

Congrats, Grand Auntie Nut!!     I like the names your niece has chosen for your grand nephews

(I had to look up the relationship terminology.  I thought "great" auntie and "great" nephew were the terms to use, but apparently, it's changing and it's now called "Grand Aunt" and "Grand Nephews", even though ya'll probably are really GREAT!   
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=646380  and looked at other assorted links..

Congratulations 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »

IN  N  OUT   BURGER

/cry!!!  We don't have those here in Houston.  Gimmee please!  Smile   
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:03 PM »

Had a doctor's appt. last week and mentioned that the only problem I had was sinus congestion. He gave me a brochure of something similar to a neti pot I guess. Said it was the best thing he had ever found and he used it regularly.
It's called NeilMed Sinus Rinse. It comes with an 8 oz bottle, cap, Fifty regular premixed packets and an Educational Brochure. SRP is $11.49.
I think with a neti pot, you have to buy the packets separately. I know 50 sounds like a lot, so don't know which would be the best buy.

I have used the NeilMed Sinus Rinse for about 10 months.  Not one sinus headache, no sinus infections . . . I am now off my allergy pills for the first time in about 15 years.  I use it twice a day . . . morning and evening.  I highly recommend it.  The couple of times I went away and forgot to pack it and could feel the pressure building again.  I went right to a drug store and bought a new one.  I now buy the packets in the 100 box.  My nephew uses one and now my Mom does too.

You know, when I bought my last Neti pot, the pharmacy (Walmart) had a little jar of loose powder, instead of the packets.  But honestly - the packets have a huge shelf date, and you'll be glad to have them if you can get them.  I'm glad to see you all trying this, and to hear of someone else who had luck with it.  It really is a great way to do things, and helps me because I don't have to use as many antihistamines, and decongestants, and other things that just seem to muddle my already muddled brain!  LOL
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »

Congratulations!
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »

p.s.  And sorry it took me so long to reply - just catching up reading, backwards.  We had some cold weather drop down on us here, and so I had to go get more shavings for the horse stalls, extra blankets for them, tarp up the chicken room's wire wall in the barn hallway, etc etc.  It's a good few hour's work, but once everything is done it's SO snuggly and wonderful in the barn!  Phew!

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that the neti pot and rinses are already helping.  I love them, after that first one.  Smile

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2011, 04:05:05 AM »

Interesting News:

http://www.wtae.com/r/26476221/detail.html

Tip Could Lead To Break In Missing Persons Case
Police Receive Important Tip In 26-Year-Old Case
POSTED: 12:22 am EST January 13, 2011
UPDATED: 1:47 am EST January 13, 2011

New information could help police crack a missing persons case dating back to 1985.

On Wednesday, they announced someone walked into the State Police Barracks and gave police perhaps the most promising tip they've received yet in the investigation into what happened to Cherrie Mahan.

Eight-year-old Mahan disappeared Feb. 22, 1985 after she got off the school bus on Cornplanter Road in Winfield Township, Butler County.

She was never seen again.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »

Welcome to the world baby Gavin Robert!   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2011, 07:18:39 AM »

bought  a shark ..just assembled it..will let you know how I like it..

Have you tried it yet, cookie?   Have been thinking of getting one since I saw a t. v. commercial deomonstration. Can't remember brand name though.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »

CBB - Good luck with your move next month how nostalgic - and your marble floor revival.  Gosh, I remember using future and over time it would yellow. Also remember my Mom's buffer to shine wood floors after hand waxing on hands and knees.  Gosh, I feel old! 
I try to stay off my knees now though  
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »

bought  a shark ..just assembled it..will let you know how I like it..

Have you tried it yet, cookie?   Have been thinking of getting one since I saw a t. v. commercial deomonstration. Can't remember brand name though.

yes..tried it and I really like it a lot! I got the shark steam mop ...didn't get the one with the vacuum/steamer..it works well..my wood floors were shiny and no steaks...would recommend it..

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »

Shout out to NJSons Mom and San - I hope the two of you are able to keep warm and safe in the latest blizzard !

I continue to stand with the girl.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »

Shout out to NJSons Mom and San - I hope the two of you are able to keep warm and safe in the latest blizzard !

"When the cold wind blows, it will turn your head around".     

This last storm didn't leave as much snow as the first here in our area (about 6 inches).  I think San may have been hit harder...not sure.  Today, I have to go out and clear snow from the oil tank so that the delivery guy can fill it tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it, but everyone else is working and it's got to be done.  It's pretty cold and windy.

Always good to see you, None...hope all is well.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.