March 28, 2024, 12:06:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308556 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »

I haven't posted here forever, but this is great.

The Digital Age Nativity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHNNPM7pJA&feature=youtu.be

Very cool
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »

We are on our way shortly to a family get together.  Trying to decide which vehicle to take:

The economical model

Or the fast one

Monkey Devil!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »

Just got done making a double batch of fudge, spinach dip and onion dip for a party tomorrow    Now all I have to do is hollow out my sour dough loaf for the spinach dip and I'll be ready 

I would like the recipe for the spinach dip pretty please    

Here you go Leroy!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,181,144163-236204,00.html

KNORR SPINACH DIP
Printed from COOKS.COM

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,181,144163-236204,00.html
Content Copyright © 2010 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (do not use fresh)
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
1 (4 oz.) pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
Loaf of pumpernickel bread (I use sour dough round loaf)

Squeeze spinach until dry. In medium bowl, stir together spinach, sour cream and soup mix. Add finely chopped water chestnuts and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Cut slice from top of round loaf of pumpernickel bread, hollow out loaf to leave shell to contain dip. Use bread removed from shell and top slice to cut into bite size pieces. Butter inside of bread shell, fill loaf with dip and place on platter and surround with bread pieces and variety of raw vegetables. Then...GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! After the dip is eaten, enjoy the dip soaked bread shell as well.

This dip is made by someone in the family for every get-together! We have always used the round hawaiian bread with it & it's delicious! Of course I could eat that dip with just a big spoon!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2010, 09:25:15 AM »

Solstice-eclipse overlap first in 456 years

By Rebecca Lindell, Postmedia News December 16, 2010 Comments

snip...
----
"It's a ritual of transformation from darkness into light," says Nicole Cooper, a high priestess at Toronto's Wiccan Church of Canada. "It's the idea that when things seem really bleak, (it) is often our biggest opportunity for personal transformation.

snip..
Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Solstice+eclipse+overlap+first+years/3983582/story.html#ixzz18ZFp2b6U

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »

I haven't posted here forever, but this is great.

The Digital Age Nativity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHNNPM7pJA&feature=youtu.be

Very cool

Klaas,

Thank-you! Fun and uplifting.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »

One Christmas Eve, a frenzied young man ran into a pet shop looking for an unusual Christmas gift for his wife. The shop owner suggested a parrot, named Chet, which could sing famous Christmas carols. This seemed like the perfect gift.

"How do I get him to sing?" The young man asked, excitedly.

"Simply hold a lighted match directly under his feet," was the shop owner's reply.

The shop owner held a lighted match under the parrot's left foot. Chet began to sing: "Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! ..." The shop owner then held another match under the parrot's right foot. Then Chet's tune changed, and the air was filled with: " Silent Night, Holy Night..."

The young man was so impressed that he paid the shop-keeper and ran home as quickly as he could with Chet under his arm. When the wife saw her gift she was overwhelmed.

"How beautiful!" She exclaimed, "Can he talk?"

"No," the young man replied, "But he can sing. Let me show you."

So the young man whipped out his lighter and placed it under Chet's left foot, as the shop-keeper had shown him, and Chet crooned: "Jingle Bells! Jingle bells!..." The man then moved the lighter to Chet's right foot, and out came: "Silent Night, Holy night..."

The wife, her face filled with curiosity, then asked, "What if we hold the lighter between his legs?"

The man did not know. "Let's try it," he answered, eager to please his wife.

So they held the lighter between Chet's legs. Chet twisted his face, cleared his throat, and the little parrot sang out loudly like it was the performance of his life:

"Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire...."

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »

One Christmas Eve, a frenzied young man ran into a pet shop looking for an unusual Christmas gift for his wife. The shop owner suggested a parrot, named Chet, which could sing famous Christmas carols. This seemed like the perfect gift.

"Simply hold a lighted match directly under his feet," was the shop owner's reply.

The shop owner held a lighted match under the parrot's left foot. Chet began to sing: "Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! ..." The shop owner then held another match under the parrot's right foot. Then Chet's tune changed, and the air was filled with: " Silent Night, Holy Night..."

The young man was so impressed that he paid the shop-keeper and ran home as quickly as he could with Chet under his arm. When the wife saw her gift she was overwhelmed.

So the young man whipped out his lighter and placed it under Chet's left foot, as the shop-keeper had shown him, and Chet crooned: "Jingle Bells! Jingle bells!..." The man then moved the lighter to Chet's right foot, and out came: "Silent Night, Holy night..."

The wife, her face filled with curiosity, then asked, "What if we hold the lighter between his legs?"

So they held the lighter between Chet's legs. Chet twisted his face, cleared his throat, and the little parrot sang out loudly like it was the performance of his life:

Very cute Klaas. Sorry for bothering yesterday. I am trying very hard to get used to the "new" Photobucket. You know what they say about "Old dogs and new tricks."

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »

Of course, I meant "bothering you."  Geeze Marie! 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2010, 11:38:54 AM »

No problem Fanny.  I don't like the new photobucket.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »

I tried all one day to upload some pictures and kept getting the message that there were network problems. I switched between AOL and Netscape...Firefox and IE..still couldn't do it.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »

A couple days shy of 3 months old:   an angelic monkey

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »

i love the bow in her hair...such a cutie.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2010, 03:05:18 PM »

What a cutie pie. Makes you want to just pick her up and snuggle her little cheeks an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2010, 03:06:23 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2010, 06:49:58 PM »

I don't either. As you can tell, I am having a hard time with it.

Your grandbaby is precious.   an angelic monkey

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »

I'm done with this tonight. I have a sick kitty that needs to be pampered. Good night Monkeys.  an angelic monkey
 Night night, and take care of yourself - and your kitty!  I hope she feels better.  

starwynn:   I don't know what's going to happen to him. He isn't doing well. Thank you for your concern.  an angelic monkey

Take care of lil kitty an angelic monkey I found one that had been abandonded at birth, the vert said he was not even 24 hrs old when I found him at our office. I snapped him up (gently) put him on our scale at the office for postage and he only weighed .25 ounces, so called my daughter and had her go ASAP to buy KRM, heating blanket and bottles and tiny nipples and fed him every 2 hrs and turned his heating pad on, I even took him back to work with me on certain days when no one was home so he could be fed often. Wow, 2 weeks later I had him up to .4 ounces and he not is the best kitty we ever had, spoiled no doubt and loves to undecorate the Christmas tree Monkey Devil! I hope these pics give you hope and will say a prayer and have kitty say a prayer for him.......I can't help but think how much Kyron would love the kittens.

Edit -  Island, I've moved your post and pictures from Kyron's Missing Person Thread to Musings.  A little OT or brief convo is okay, but this was a lot, with the six  ot pics for an MP thread.  Cute kitten, though.     MuffyBee
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:54:16 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 10:15:53 AM »

ISLAND Your story and your pictures of Lucky touched me in ways I can't even explain. He is just too sweet, and of course, he IS very lucky. Bless you for having a kind heart. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 01:35:18 PM »

That little girl is just precious, Klaas. Gosh, she's growing!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »

How many Monkeys out there are looking for a white Christmas? We've got a pretty good shot at it this year:   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »

Silly Snowman Jokes

Snowman In Need mousepad

How do snowman greet each other?
Ice to see you!

What did Jack Frost say to Frosty the Snowman?
Have an ice day!

What would you get if you crossed a snowman and a vampire?
Frostbite

What would you get if you crossed a snowman and a baker?
Frosty the Dough-man

Why did the snowman send his dad to the North Pole?
He wanted a frozen pop

What did the snow parents put over their baby’s crib?
A snowmobile

What happened when the snowman’s wife got angry with him?
She gave him the cold shoulder.

Why did Frosty the Snowman want a divorce?
He thought his wife was a flake.

What kind of cakes do snowmen prefer?
The kind with lots of icing!

What does Frosty like to eat on his hamburgers?
Iceberg lettuce

What else does Frosty like on his burgers?
Chilly sauce

What do snowmen like for breakfast?
Ice Krispies

What’s Frosty the Snowman’s favorite type of Mexican food?
Brrrrrr-itos

What do snowman like to drink?
Iced tea

What do you call a snowman in summer?
A puddle

What do snow women put on their faces at night?
Cold cream
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.