March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308547 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »

UNDENIABLE   ADULT    TRUTHS

1.  I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing  is worse more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap  when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5.  I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told  you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a  moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after  Blue Ray?  I don't want to have to restart my collection, again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page  technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps  had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between  boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?"  Before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell  phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can      find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about  1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

24.  The first testicular guard "The Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.  That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important!

Ladies...Quit Laughing

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2010, 02:38:47 PM »

Babs I love the last one best of all. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2010, 10:28:30 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/30/people-affected-flooding-australia/

200,000 People Affected by Flooding in Australia

Published December 30, 2010 | Associated Press

advertisement

More than 200,000 people have been affected by relentless flooding in northeast Australia, with the flood zone now stretching over an area bigger than France and Germany combined, officials said Friday.

Thousands of homes and businesses across Queensland state have been inundated with water after days of pounding rain caused swollen rivers to overflow. The entire population of two towns was forced to evacuate as water swamped their communities, cutting off roads and devastating crops.

Heavy rains and flooding in northeast Australia is common during the southern hemisphere summer, but the scope of the damage from the recent downpours is extremely unusual, Queensland state Premier Anna Bligh said.

"This is without a doubt a tragedy on an unprecedented scale," Bligh told Australian Broadcasting Corp. "We now have 22 towns or cities that are either substantially flooded or isolated because the roads have been cut off to them. That represents some 200,000 people spanning an area that's bigger than the size of France and Germany combined."

Thousands of people have been evacuated from their homes this week. In the central Queensland town of Emerald, around 1,000 people were evacuated in the last 24 hours.

The town was facing the prospect of food shortages, power outages and sewage-contaminated floodwaters, county mayor Peter Maguire said. Three evacuation centers have been set up to help displaced residents.

Weather across most of the state was drier on Friday, but river levels were still rising in some areas as high waters worked their way toward the ocean. Bligh warned that drenched communities could be stuck under water for more than a week, and clean up efforts were expected to cost billions of dollars.

Queensland launched a disaster relief fund for flood victims with 1 million Australian dollars ($1 million) in state money. Prime Minister Julia Gillard pledged to match that amount with federal funds.

Gillard was touring flooded communities on Friday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/30/people-affected-flooding-australia/#ixzz19ekpMqcY

Hope TIBRO and our other Australian members are ok

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2010, 07:43:55 AM »

My Fibromyalgia stiffness and morning headaches have been helped. If I lived in an area that needed full time heat in the winter, I'd buy this for it cuts heating bills and gives you toasty toes, back et al. Dog likes it. Cat likes it when not sleeping on my new coat. Oh, here comes rain again! Ugh.

SoftHeat® Microfleece Dual-Control Warming Pad
Item #: 1583-37728-1335

brylanehome.com a sister site to roamans.com

Thanks, IBE, my Dad has been cold all the time.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »

Happy New Year Monkeys!

Blessings to all!

Thanks Mods, Klaas and Red, techies and posters who make SM what is!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2010, 08:55:09 AM »

Christmas was good to me this year, I bought my own presents.

Day after Christmas was awfully cold and wet... not so many bargains.

Though I managed to buy these delicious reduced-price cookies in Walmart... the Knott's Berry Farm raspberry shortbread dipped in chocolates. The crumbs are all over my keyboard, but... they are yummy!

Good thing I only bought a can of them, or my diet would've been gone to ell!

Though, I'm thinking on going back later on today to see if there are any left over.

Very Happy

MMMMMMmmmmm!  Cookies!

Always bring an extra cookie, or 6 for the bee!     She is sweet!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2010, 08:58:13 AM »

My dog watches TV and thinks what he is seeing is real.  He loves watching animals.  If you click on the picture it should go to the video.

Deleted video.  Will try again tomorrow to make it work.

Here is the link to the video.  At one point he went for the TV and put his paw and pushed the entire screen.

He is doing his job!  Round 'em up!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2010, 09:04:54 AM »

We brought this home the Saturday before Christmas. What was I thinking?

I have a handicapped son and a divorced daughter living with me, and my son wanted another chihuahua. We had one that passed away in 2001. They both work, so I am here with the animals. My daughter has a 12 lb. Pompoo that I hoped would adopt the puppy which, by the way, weighs 2lb. 4 oz. I must have been dreaming, Missy wants nothing to do with the puppy and hides all day.
On the other hand, I have a 20 lb (the last time we weighed him) Maine Coon Cat that loves him. They chase each other all over the house and when that cat starts running and jumping, it sounds like the house is falling down.

It sounds like a whole lot of fun to me, well, except for Missy.  I think if you give her time, she will get over being an only dog.  Sounds like your life is complete.

Does your son like his job?  What about your daughter?  What a great Christmas present, it is nice to add to your family.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2010, 09:09:22 AM »

SuzieQ,he is precious!
He looks just like my Taco did when he was a baby.   an angelic monkey I would love to watch him play with the cat.   

The puppy is very cute.  Taco is a character, too, SuzieQ.  You are guaranteed lots of fun.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2010, 09:10:57 AM »

Thank you, Green Eyes, Fanny Mae and  CBB for the welcome. You may not always see me, but I am here!   

Hi Macy!  Welcome to the cage!  Nice to have you!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2010, 09:20:22 AM »

Christmas morning with the blanket I made for her  an angelic monkey

Oh, WOW!  She is such a cutie.  You just have to love her smile!  Make sure you give her some baby loving from us!  I am sure you are getting in lots of cuddling time.  Don't forget to bring back some jars of baby smells for us.  There is nothing that smells better than a baby all clean and fresh.

The blanket is really nice, what kind of material did you use?  It looks so soft and beautiful.  You amaze me!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2010, 09:54:53 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/30/people-affected-flooding-australia/

200,000 People Affected by Flooding in Australia

Published December 30, 2010 | Associated Press

advertisement

More than 200,000 people have been affected by relentless flooding in northeast Australia, with the flood zone now stretching over an area bigger than France and Germany combined, officials said Friday.

Thousands of homes and businesses across Queensland state have been inundated with water after days of pounding rain caused swollen rivers to overflow. The entire population of two towns was forced to evacuate as water swamped their communities, cutting off roads and devastating crops.

Heavy rains and flooding in northeast Australia is common during the southern hemisphere summer, but the scope of the damage from the recent downpours is extremely unusual, Queensland state Premier Anna Bligh said.

"This is without a doubt a tragedy on an unprecedented scale," Bligh told Australian Broadcasting Corp. "We now have 22 towns or cities that are either substantially flooded or isolated because the roads have been cut off to them. That represents some 200,000 people spanning an area that's bigger than the size of France and Germany combined."

Thousands of people have been evacuated from their homes this week. In the central Queensland town of Emerald, around 1,000 people were evacuated in the last 24 hours.

The town was facing the prospect of food shortages, power outages and sewage-contaminated floodwaters, county mayor Peter Maguire said. Three evacuation centers have been set up to help displaced residents.

Weather across most of the state was drier on Friday, but river levels were still rising in some areas as high waters worked their way toward the ocean. Bligh warned that drenched communities could be stuck under water for more than a week, and clean up efforts were expected to cost billions of dollars.

Queensland launched a disaster relief fund for flood victims with 1 million Australian dollars ($1 million) in state money. Prime Minister Julia Gillard pledged to match that amount with federal funds.

Gillard was touring flooded communities on Friday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/30/people-affected-flooding-australia/#ixzz19ekpMqcY

Hope TIBRO and our other Australian members are ok

Me too, Klaas.  Thanks for the information.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »

Happy New Year Monkeys!

Blessings to all!

Thanks Mods, Klaas and Red, techies and posters who make SM what is!

Monkeys rock!

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2010, 11:23:09 AM »

to everyone at Scared Monkeys and beyond......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2010, 03:12:26 PM »

to everyone at Scared Monkeys and beyond......

Thanks, Nut!  Happy New Year to you, all the Monkeys and families.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2010, 04:02:35 PM »

Oh, WOW!  She is such a cutie.  You just have to love her smile!  Make sure you give her some baby loving from us!  I am sure you are getting in lots of cuddling time.  Don't forget to bring back some jars of baby smells for us.  There is nothing that smells better than a baby all clean and fresh.

The blanket is really nice, what kind of material did you use?  It looks so soft and beautiful.  You amaze me!

I used Red Heart Baby Clouds in pink and variegated pink/peach and a size N crochet hook    It was actually very hard to work with.

http://www.redheart.com/yarn/baby-clouds

crazybabyborg
« Reply #176 on: December 31, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »

I used Red Heart Baby Clouds in pink and variegated pink/peach and a size N crochet hook    It was actually very hard to work with.

http://www.redheart.com/yarn/baby-clouds

I'll bet it was hard to work with. I've crotcheted, but never with the fine stuff that is anywhere near that soft. The blanket looks like baby clouds! It suits her so well, Klaas! She just seems all sweet and so feminine. She's a picture of an angel and I just melt at her smile!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »

First teething ring  an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2010, 07:22:21 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS MONKEYS

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2010, 07:23:18 PM »

First teething ring  an angelic monkey

How sweet she is Klaas an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.