March 29, 2024, 07:56:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308659 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »

First teething ring  an angelic monkey

She's thinking about it.  Is it cool?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »

Christmas morning with the blanket I made for her  an angelic monkey

Oh, WOW!  She is such a cutie.  You just have to love her smile!  Make sure you give her some baby loving from us!  I am sure you are getting in lots of cuddling time.  Don't forget to bring back some jars of baby smells for us.  There is nothing that smells better than a baby all clean and fresh.

The blanket is really nice, what kind of material did you use?  It looks so soft and beautiful.  You amaze me!

I used Red Heart Baby Clouds in pink and variegated pink/peach and a size N crochet hook    It was actually very hard to work with.

http://www.redheart.com/yarn/baby-clouds

Ah, a true labor of love, Grandmom's love at that.  One of the best kinds.

I believe in miracles!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2010, 08:49:44 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/30/people-affected-flooding-australia/

200,000 People Affected by Flooding in Australia

Published December 30, 2010 | Associated Press

advertisement

More than 200,000 people have been affected by relentless flooding in northeast Australia, with the flood zone now stretching over an area bigger than France and Germany combined, officials said Friday.

Thousands of homes and businesses across Queensland state have been inundated with water after days of pounding rain caused swollen rivers to overflow. The entire population of two towns was forced to evacuate as water swamped their communities, cutting off roads and devastating crops.

Heavy rains and flooding in northeast Australia is common during the southern hemisphere summer, but the scope of the damage from the recent downpours is extremely unusual, Queensland state Premier Anna Bligh said.

"This is without a doubt a tragedy on an unprecedented scale," Bligh told Australian Broadcasting Corp. "We now have 22 towns or cities that are either substantially flooded or isolated because the roads have been cut off to them. That represents some 200,000 people spanning an area that's bigger than the size of France and Germany combined."

Thousands of people have been evacuated from their homes this week. In the central Queensland town of Emerald, around 1,000 people were evacuated in the last 24 hours.

The town was facing the prospect of food shortages, power outages and sewage-contaminated floodwaters, county mayor Peter Maguire said. Three evacuation centers have been set up to help displaced residents.

Weather across most of the state was drier on Friday, but river levels were still rising in some areas as high waters worked their way toward the ocean. Bligh warned that drenched communities could be stuck under water for more than a week, and clean up efforts were expected to cost billions of dollars.

Queensland launched a disaster relief fund for flood victims with 1 million Australian dollars ($1 million) in state money. Prime Minister Julia Gillard pledged to match that amount with federal funds.

Gillard was touring flooded communities on Friday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/30/people-affected-flooding-australia/#ixzz19ekpMqcY

Hope TIBRO and our other Australian members are ok

Thank you for your concern.  All well here in our deep south.  I am not sure where other Aussie monkeys reside but I think they are all close to the coast and not affected as much as the folk who live in the west of Queensland.  Nightowl may be close to an affected area so I hope we hear from her/him very soon.

I will put some updates of the horrific floods in my Aussie thread.

I love the Grand Baby pictures and I don't know how you could let go of that little sweetheart Klaas.

San, your two pups have both grown into very handsome dogs and that boy is so clever.  They are a credit to you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY MONKEY FRIENDS

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. BE SAFE.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2010, 10:15:14 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS MONKEYS

Thanks, GE!  To you, too!

Fireworks here!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: December 31, 2010, 10:19:29 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/30/people-affected-flooding-australia/

200,000 People Affected by Flooding in Australia

Published December 30, 2010 | Associated Press

advertisement

More than 200,000 people have been affected by relentless flooding in northeast Australia, with the flood zone now stretching over an area bigger than France and Germany combined, officials said Friday.

Thousands of homes and businesses across Queensland state have been inundated with water after days of pounding rain caused swollen rivers to overflow. The entire population of two towns was forced to evacuate as water swamped their communities, cutting off roads and devastating crops.

Heavy rains and flooding in northeast Australia is common during the southern hemisphere summer, but the scope of the damage from the recent downpours is extremely unusual, Queensland state Premier Anna Bligh said.

"This is without a doubt a tragedy on an unprecedented scale," Bligh told Australian Broadcasting Corp. "We now have 22 towns or cities that are either substantially flooded or isolated because the roads have been cut off to them. That represents some 200,000 people spanning an area that's bigger than the size of France and Germany combined."

Thousands of people have been evacuated from their homes this week. In the central Queensland town of Emerald, around 1,000 people were evacuated in the last 24 hours.

The town was facing the prospect of food shortages, power outages and sewage-contaminated floodwaters, county mayor Peter Maguire said. Three evacuation centers have been set up to help displaced residents.

Weather across most of the state was drier on Friday, but river levels were still rising in some areas as high waters worked their way toward the ocean. Bligh warned that drenched communities could be stuck under water for more than a week, and clean up efforts were expected to cost billions of dollars.

Queensland launched a disaster relief fund for flood victims with 1 million Australian dollars ($1 million) in state money. Prime Minister Julia Gillard pledged to match that amount with federal funds.

Gillard was touring flooded communities on Friday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/30/people-affected-flooding-australia/#ixzz19ekpMqcY

Hope TIBRO and our other Australian members are ok

Thank you for your concern.  All well here in our deep south.  I am not sure where other Aussie monkeys reside but I think they are all close to the coast and not affected as much as the folk who live in the west of Queensland.  Nightowl may be close to an affected area so I hope we hear from her/him very soon.

I will put some updates of the horrific floods in my Aussie thread.

I love the Grand Baby pictures and I don't know how you could let go of that little sweetheart Klaas.

San, your two pups have both grown into very handsome dogs and that boy is so clever.  They are a credit to you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY MONKEY FRIENDS

Thanks, Tibro, same to you. 

I will be praying for the people involved with the flooding.  I hope we hear from Nightowl, soon!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2010, 10:20:34 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. BE SAFE.

Thanks, Sparkling Fanny!

I believe in miracles!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2011, 12:52:28 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL. 

MAY 2011 BRING HOME ALL OUR MISSING.

Peace be with the families during this season.

We will support you and be there for each one of you.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2011, 01:47:31 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #189 on: January 01, 2011, 02:15:02 AM »

HI MONKEYS!!  

Have I mentioned that I don't have Grandbabies??    

Well, what I DON'T have in babies, I more than make up for in FURbabies!!  

Let me share my New Year's Night with you guys.........

John's sick, My son and future DIL are in Nashville, and that means I got to take care of Rudy, Hammer, (John's dogs), Bubba, (My son's BIG dog) and KuBear tonight!  

First, let me introduce you to Rudy and Hammer.......  cute little dogs........ high energy and smart. Pics all taken with my cell phone, so not the best quality.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #190 on: January 01, 2011, 02:24:46 AM »

THEN, there's BUBBA!!    He's a Bull Mastiff and HUGE! He thinks he's a lap dog. He doesn't want to be WITH you, he wants to be ON you! I ended up having to cross paths with all the dogs at one point tonight. Now, KuBear, my Shar Pei, is a real sweetie, BUT she's not exactly enthused with Rudy and Hammer. Therefore, I ended up putting her and Bubba in my bedroom for about 20 minutes and shutting the door. When I closed the door, my bed was made, my lampshades were straight, and I actually had blinds attached to the window frames.   Rolling Eyes

I can't imagine what crept in, because when I opened the door there were these two angels just sitting in this unexplained mess!   

I guess I should be glad there was no blood anywhere and that Rudy and Hammer lived through the visit! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR MONKEYS!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!

( I wonder how much Ceaser charges to blend a family???   )
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: January 01, 2011, 03:09:27 AM »

Happy New Year!  Hope you had a great time with your furbabies.  Think of how boring it would have been without them to entertain you.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #192 on: January 01, 2011, 05:13:07 AM »

THEN, there's BUBBA!!    He's a Bull Mastiff and HUGE! He thinks he's a lap dog. He doesn't want to be WITH you, he wants to be ON you! I ended up having to cross paths with all the dogs at one point tonight. Now, KuBear, my Shar Pei, is a real sweetie, BUT she's not exactly enthused with Rudy and Hammer. Therefore, I ended up putting her and Bubba in my bedroom for about 20 minutes and shutting the door. When I closed the door, my bed was made, my lampshades were straight, and I actually had blinds attached to the window frames.   Rolling Eyes

I can't imagine what crept in, because when I opened the door there were these two angels just sitting in this unexplained mess!   

I guess I should be glad there was no blood anywhere and that Rudy and Hammer lived through the visit! 

Happy New Years CBB  From the sound and looks of things you had a busy night with the furbabies. From the looks of the way Bubba is laying on your bed he looks like he has dented the mattress. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #193 on: January 01, 2011, 06:05:47 AM »

Happy New Years CBB  From the sound and looks of things you had a busy night with the furbabies. From the looks of the way Bubba is laying on your bed he looks like he has dented the mattress. 

I'm sure he has; Probably right after he drug my leopard print snuggie up there with him! It WAS folded on the computer chair!

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get my blinds and window treatment back up straight.......... forget it....... it can't be done.......... by me, anyway! My guess is that Bubba wanted to see me when I went out to the car. The driveway is below that window.   

Michael left Thursday.............. and man, am I ready for him to come home!!! I've tried everything, but in the end, KuBear always sleeps with me, and Bubba won't sleep unless his big 'ole head is LAYING on me, so believe it or not, add me to that picture and you'll know why I'm still up at 6:00am!

When Bubba's not here, Ku just curls up at the foot of the bed. She gets more possesive when he's around and wants up at the head of the bed. Bubba just wants ON me! He plunked that big head down on my thigh last night, and I woke up thinking my leg had been amputated! I couldn't feel it, my foot, or my toes!  He's SUCH A BABY!! Not in a good way, either!   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: January 01, 2011, 07:15:13 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

Happy New Year Klaas!  Thanks for your avatar help. an angelic monkey

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: January 01, 2011, 07:37:57 AM »

CBB - sounds like you had quite a night!  Think I would prefer recovering from   

Happy New Year! 
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #196 on: January 01, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »

I so enjoyed this story of your doggie adventure!!
This pic just cracks me up!
Darling.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: January 01, 2011, 11:52:05 AM »

CBB...lol!  

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »

Over the last few days, I have backed up and installed Windows7 on x1 PC and x1 laptop .  Now it's time to do my MAIN PC.  In the process of backing up everything now and am currently working off the laptop.  I've already backed up my emails and address book and found registration keys for all downloaded programs.  Trying not to forget anything. 

The old PC my husband will use mostly foe iTunes and his new iPod.  The sound card didn't work but I found an external usb soundcard for $10 that works great!  So my husband is all set! 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: January 01, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »

Over the last few days, I have backed up and installed Windows7 on x1 PC and x1 laptop .  Now it's time to do my MAIN PC.  In the process of backing up everything now and am currently working off the laptop.  I've already backed up my emails and address book and found registration keys for all downloaded programs.  Trying not to forget anything. 

The old PC my husband will use mostly foe iTunes and his new iPod.  The sound card didn't work but I found an external usb soundcard for $10 that works great!  So my husband is all set! 

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.