March 28, 2024, 07:13:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308537 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »

CBB,

I like your Betty's, Valentine's avatar, the composition is interesting, I love that the heart is off center, nice.

If anyone needs to sew a heart pillow:

http://sewing.about.com/od/holidaysandoccasions/ss/free-heart-shaped-pillow-sewing-pattern.htm?nl=1

Good morning seahorse    Thank you for posting the heart pillow link.  I just got a sewing machine and haven't sewn since way back in home ec, and the heart pillow looks like it would be fun to do for Valentine's Day as a gift.  I think I've made enough place mats and table runners   

When my son was in high school, he was in a sewing class one quarter and made me a heart shape throw pillow.  I still have it to this day.  Moths have gotten to it some and it's been in storage and moved around more than you can imagine but I have it in a safe place on display  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »

an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2011, 12:46:33 AM »

Oh Klaas those have to be my favorite pictures of her. She is so beautiful. It just makes me want to reach in and kiss those sweet cheeks.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: January 08, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »

Oh Klaas those have to be my favorite pictures of her. She is so beautiful. It just makes me want to reach in and kiss those sweet cheeks.  an angelic monkey

Thanks GE - I love it when babies start to learn to smile, their entire personality starts really coming out  an angelic monkey  At this moment she looks sweet but I'm sure she has her bad moments as well Monkey Devil!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #244 on: January 08, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »

CBB,

I like your Betty's, Valentine's avatar, the composition is interesting, I love that the heart is off center, nice.

If anyone needs to sew a heart pillow:

http://sewing.about.com/od/holidaysandoccasions/ss/free-heart-shaped-pillow-sewing-pattern.htm?nl=1

Good morning seahorse    Thank you for posting the heart pillow link.  I just got a sewing machine and haven't sewn since way back in home ec, and the heart pillow looks like it would be fun to do for Valentine's Day as a gift.  I think I've made enough place mats and table runners   

When my son was in high school, he was in a sewing class one quarter and made me a heart shape throw pillow.  I still have it to this day.  Moths have gotten to it some and it's been in storage and moved around more than you can imagine but I have it in a safe place on display  an angelic monkey

Hi Muffybee 

You are welcome.  It is so exciting to have a new machine. 

I have a Sears old time dinosaur machine and I love it.  I repracticed with fabric check book covers, scrunchies for ponytails, fabric "money bags" . I also altered a dress in my closet. The dress I took out the waist ties and hemmed it, now it looks up to date.

I am going to turn the Snuggie into a housecoat. There is power in sewing. You also inspired me Muffy. Thank-you.

http://sewing.about.com/library/weekly/naa073101a.htm

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »

https://www.craftstylish.com/item/40130/how-to-make-snuggly-slippers-from-old-sweaters

My feet are always cold, so I'm constantly looking for nice slippers to wear. Unfortunately, most of the affordable ones I find are made from 100% synthetic materials, which means they're not environmentally considerate AND they make your feet sweat. Yuck! So I came up with this alternative to buying slippers: Make them out of old wool sweaters. Care to join me in stitching up a pair?

---------------------

Hi Monkey's,

This is not my pattern or even my idea.  I just have many sweaters I have been pushing around, going to try making slippers.
Full written directions on the above link. The slippers do have homely feeling to them.  I will sleep in the homemade slippers, if
they come out tacky. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2011, 01:43:27 PM »

https://www.craftstylish.com/item/40130/how-to-make-snuggly-slippers-from-old-sweaters

My feet are always cold, so I'm constantly looking for nice slippers to wear. Unfortunately, most of the affordable ones I find are made from 100% synthetic materials, which means they're not environmentally considerate AND they make your feet sweat. Yuck! So I came up with this alternative to buying slippers: Make them out of old wool sweaters. Care to join me in stitching up a pair?

---------------------

Hi Monkey's,

This is not my pattern or even my idea.  I just have many sweaters I have been pushing around, going to try making slippers.
Full written directions on the above link. The slippers do have homely feeling to them.  I will sleep in the homemade slippers, if
they come out tacky. 

I like the idea of repurposing the sweater and making it into slippers.  I don't care for sweaty slippers either.  The only concern I have for the slippers here is how to make them non-skid?  I have hardwood floors and tile and even walking around in just socks could cause a mishap.... 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2011, 01:58:35 PM »

---------------------

Hi Monkey's,

they come out tacky. 

I like the idea of repurposing the sweater and making it into slippers.  I don't care for sweaty slippers either.  The only concern I have for the slippers here is how to make them non-skid?  I have hardwood floors and tile and even walking around in just socks could cause a mishap.... 

There are a few suggestions for non-skid bottoms in the comments at the link, MuffyBee.  I had the same thought, but the suggestions seem reasonable and not too difficult.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »

---------------------

Hi Monkey's,

they come out tacky. 

There are a few suggestions for non-skid bottoms in the comments at the link, MuffyBee.  I had the same thought, but the suggestions seem reasonable and not too difficult.

Thanks 2NJ, I'll look at the comments.   

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »

Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head at close range by a gunman Saturday morning outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, Fox News has confirmed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/08/arizona-congresswoman-reportedly-shot-public-event/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »

Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head at close range by a gunman Saturday morning outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, Fox News has confirmed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/08/arizona-congresswoman-reportedly-shot-public-event/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Now there are conflicting reports as to whether she's alive or dead.
There's a 21 y/o male in custody.
Nothing released yet if this was domestic or foreign terrorism, or just a nut job.
So sad.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »

Spokesperson for hospital is saying that the Congresswoman is in surgery and has been shot in the head.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »

Spokesperson for hospital is saying that the Congresswoman is in surgery and has been shot in the head.

I've started a thread in Scared Monkeys "News of the Day":
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9260.msg1287313#msg1287313
Ariz. Rep. Giffords in serious condition after Tucson shooting; eight others injured

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »

Evening Monkeys

Hubs & I are leaving in the morning for Washington state. As my sister has to have surgery on Wed. Please keeps us and her in your prayers. She has to have part of her lung removed. I am going to miss being on SM. But once we get there I will be able to get on line. I hope every one has a wonderful week.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2011, 02:33:26 AM »

Evening Monkeys

Hubs & I are leaving in the morning for Washington state. As my sister has to have surgery on Wed. Please keeps us and her in your prayers. She has to have part of her lung removed. I am going to miss being on SM. But once we get there I will be able to get on line. I hope every one has a wonderful week.

I'll be praying for your sister, GE and for safe passage for you and hubby to and from Washington State. Please be sure and let us know how all is going!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2011, 02:35:58 AM »

an angelic monkey

OMG! Those are the cutest baby pics I've ever seen! Look at her!!!   

That top one should be the cover of a greeting card! Oh, how adorable is that? Klaas you have one CUTE and precious Grandbaby!!!  I want to hold her so badly!!!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2011, 08:51:03 AM »

---------------------

Hi Monkey's,

they come out tacky. 

Muffy

This pictures shows homemade gloves with a non skid grip.  A MS poster is making slippers out of the glove pattern.

11/12/10 at 5:47 p.m. ET
I am using this ultra suede Idea for the felt slippers I am making my honey bunny. (This comment is not mine, good idea)

After I mend the back of a coat, I am going to "warm-up" and try making insoles, for my boots ,first, with drawing the foot pattern.
I need to warm-up on everything, little steps.

Read more at Marthastewart.com: Glove Grips - Martha Stewart Crafts

http://www.marthastewart.com/goodthings/get-a-grip-gloves?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/handmade-gifts-for-him#slide_1

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »

an angelic monkey

OMG! Those are the cutest baby pics I've ever seen! Look at her!!!   

That top one should be the cover of a greeting card! Oh, how adorable is that? Klaas you have one CUTE and precious Grandbaby!!!  I want to hold her so badly!!!

Isn't she adorable?

2 4 1
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »

http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/gifts-for-her

The "grip" homemade gloves. I need complete written instructions and everything possible detail when making something or
understanding the steps.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »

Evening Monkeys

I'll be praying for your sister, GE and for safe passage for you and hubby to and from Washington State. Please be sure and let us know how all is going!!   

THank You CBB
I will check in once we get there.  Hope you are doing okay. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.