April 17, 2024, 10:49:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 309127 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »

Thanks cookie!  Glad you like your new steam cleaner.  Think I'll have to get one.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »

https://www.craftstylish.com/item/40130/how-to-make-snuggly-slippers-from-old-sweaters

My feet are always cold, so I'm constantly looking for nice slippers to wear. Unfortunately, most of the affordable ones I find are made from 100% synthetic materials, which means they're not environmentally considerate AND they make your feet sweat. Yuck! So I came up with this alternative to buying slippers: Make them out of old wool sweaters. Care to join me in stitching up a pair?

---------------------

Hi Monkey's,

This is not my pattern or even my idea.  I just have many sweaters I have been pushing around, going to try making slippers.
Full written directions on the above link. The slippers do have homely feeling to them.  I will sleep in the homemade slippers, if
they come out tacky. 

I like the idea of repurposing the sweater and making it into slippers.  I don't care for sweaty slippers either.  The only concern I have for the slippers here is how to make them non-skid?  I have hardwood floors and tile and even walking around in just socks could cause a mishap.... 

Slipper's from Mitten's

Hi Creative Monkey's,

My wonderful neighbor gave me a pair of homemade mittens.  I put the mitten's on my feet, they are so wonderfully comfortable.
I am not kidding.  LOL, I do not what to do with the loose thumbs on my feet, I will probably stitch them, so I don't look freaky:)
The slipper mittens are more like Booties, very comfortable.  I was really going through my sweater, and rediscovered the mitten's.
If you have extra homemade mitten's, like most of us have, try putting on your feet, nice and warm and surprisely comfortable.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »

SASSIFRASS most of the Smilies have been from QuietMonkey. She has quite a collection of them and has shared them. I have them downloaded on a Photobucket. If you are interested in any of them they are there for the taking. If you need any help, just let me know. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2011, 11:08:44 PM »

Shout out to NJSons Mom and San - I hope the two of you are able to keep warm and safe in the latest blizzard !

"When the cold wind blows, it will turn your head around".     

This last storm didn't leave as much snow as the first here in our area (about 6 inches).  I think San may have been hit harder...not sure.  Today, I have to go out and clear snow from the oil tank so that the delivery guy can fill it tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it, but everyone else is working and it's got to be done.  It's pretty cold and windy.

Always good to see you, None...hope all is well.   

I hope the bears did not get you today clearing off that oil tank !!

We'll have to email soon, I've missed our chats 

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »

I wasn't able to log in tonight for about two hours, but when I did, it required I change my password? Is this a forum update? just curious........

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »

I wasn't able to log in tonight for about two hours, but when I did, it required I change my password? Is this a forum update? just curious........

Hi Nonesuche - no, I have no idea why that happened to you.  That's wierd.  Let me know if you continue to have problems.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:12 AM »

Hi Nonesuche - no, I have no idea why that happened to you.  That's wierd.  Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks Klaas, I was able to sign back in with my new password so - for now, no issues. I just assumed it was the result of a system update but I guess not?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »

Nonesuche - as far as I know you are the only one who had to change their password.  The update that was done the other night was maintenance by the server company and nothing we did to the forum software.  It should not have cause anything like making anyone change their password.  So, I have no idea what caused your problem.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2011, 09:02:50 AM »

Nonesuche - as far as I know you are the only one who had to change their password.  The update that was done the other night was maintenance by the server company and nothing we did to the forum software.  It should not have cause anything like making anyone change their password.  So, I have no idea what caused your problem.

Hmmm....sounds  like Twilight Zone...hehehe.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »

http://www.knitandcrochetnow.com/fly.aspx?layout=episodesindex&taxid=108

Another site for the knit and crochet fans. I think you have to sign up to download patterns, but the patterns are free.

2 4 1
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »

Klaas when I try to input the new password twice (using IE this time and not firefox), it did ask me my secret question and allow me to set a new password just as it did yesterday. So I reset the password and was able to sign in finally.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »

Klaas when I try to input the new password twice (using IE this time and not firefox), it did ask me my secret question and allow me to set a new password just as it did yesterday. So I reset the password and was able to sign in finally.

It's possible for whatever reason it is one of those AOL problems that would come up every once in a while ages ago.  I don't know what to tell you.  I just hope everything is OK in the future. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2011, 10:08:57 PM »

It's possible for whatever reason it is one of those AOL problems that would come up every once in a while ages ago.  I don't know what to tell you.  I just hope everything is OK in the future. 

I understand but want to ensure you know that I never use the AOL browser, so it can't be related to that, ok?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2011, 11:28:03 PM »

I understand but want to ensure you know that I never use the AOL browser, so it can't be related to that, ok?

Got it, no AOL. 
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »

SASSIFRASS most of the Smilies have been from QuietMonkey. She has quite a collection of them and has shared them. I have them downloaded on a Photobucket. If you are interested in any of them they are there for the taking. If you need any help, just let me know. 

Ohhhh, I feel like such a newbie! I've haven't ventured to this thread before! 

FM That is so kind of you to offer.    I would love to see what you have. Also, how do you use them in a post?

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2011, 05:27:53 PM »

I don't know if this is allowed on the forum - however, I'm going to try...

Some young people who went to high school with my oldest son and daughter-in-law have started a new TV News channel in our area. They entered a contest to win a "set" for the channel and they are one of two finalists in this contest. They need votes to win - which is where you could help!! You don't have to sign up, register, or anything like that - all you have to do is go to the website and click a button - that's it. They would really appreciate if some of you would do this for them - thanks in advance!!

Edit:
I've removed the link pending an okay from Klaasend.  It's always a good idea to ask if you aren't sure about posting something.  MuffyBee

I've added the link back but in the future best to ask first.  TIA

http://www.ultimatenewscastmakeover.com/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:38:49 PM by klaasend » Logged
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: January 15, 2011, 06:13:10 PM »

Ohhhh, I feel like such a newbie! I've haven't ventured to this thread before! 

FM That is so kind of you to offer.    I would love to see what you have. Also, how do you use them in a post?

To snag any of the smilies or any other picture for that matter, all you have to do is right click on the image and save as to a folder or even your desktop. You can open a photobucket account for free. Then you can download the images or .gifs to it. It is pretty easy to do. Just hit the download file on the photobucket login and you can browse your file or desktop and download them. From that, view your album, select the picture you want. Below you will see several boxes. You want to click on the bottom box that says IMG and it will say copied. Go to your post and click where you want it to be. Right click and paste and it will automatically post it with all the img brackets. Preview to see if it is what you want. I know it sounds complicated, but it isn't. There is a practice thread if you want to try it out first. I'll try to find the link for you or maybe someone will post it.  Here are a few you can practice with

Hint: Sometimes I practice with a reply box. I preview but I just don't post it. I hope this helps. Give it a try!   

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: January 15, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »

Fanny Mae 

There's also the Test thread in the monkey lounge for those that want to try something out.  It started out as a place to check new forum features, but it's evolved into a place learn how to post pics and such, from what I can see. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=114.0   
TEST AREA - FOR TESTING NEW FORUM FEATURES

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: January 15, 2011, 09:00:43 PM »

Fanny Mae 

There's also the Test thread in the monkey lounge for those that want to try something out.  It started out as a place to check new forum features, but it's evolved into a place learn how to post pics and such, from what I can see. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=114.0   
TEST AREA - FOR TESTING NEW FORUM FEATURES

Thanks MUFFY! I looked and looked and couldn't find it. I'm going to bookmark it.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »

Sassy? Welcome to this thread!!   

You can be a newbie here!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.