March 28, 2024, 03:47:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308574 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »

oooh, homemade pasta 8D
yummy! I could go for some of that. Mind bringing some over? :3

On a completley unrelated note, and I do apologize if I'm too late for that.
1. Heyo! I'm new here
and
2. Can I please redesign the emoticons? I'm an art major so I'd know what I'm doing and they could use a bit of an upgrade.

Bolded by me
Welcome to Scared Monkeys armaranthblossom.    You might want to swing from the vines for a while here before you begin moving around the banana trees.... just sayin'... 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
amaranthblossom
Scared Monkey

EX-TER-MI-NAAATTTEEEE

« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »

oooh, homemade pasta 8D

1. Heyo! I'm new here
and
2. Can I please redesign the emoticons? I'm an art major so I'd know what I'm doing and they could use a bit of an upgrade.

Bolded by me
Welcome to Scared Monkeys armaranthblossom.    You might want to swing from the vines for a while here before you begin moving around the banana trees.... just sayin'... 

I've actually lurked around here for about two years xD

and it'd be nice to help out here Smile

Do art, not murder.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »

oooh, homemade pasta 8D

1. Heyo! I'm new here
and

Bolded by me

Thanks for the offer but we like the ones we have! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »

oooh, homemade pasta 8D

1. Heyo! I'm new here
and

Bolded by me
Welcome to Scared Monkeys armaranthblossom.   You might want to swing from the vines for a while here before you begin moving around the banana trees.... just sayin'...  

amaranthblossom -  If you've been here for a couple of years reading, did you notice that the emoticons that are at Scared Monkeys were created not so much to be works of art, but were sometimes created for situations and are/were greatly enjoyed and used often.  The people (friends here)  that created the emoticons, including Klaasend, CBB and Brandi are highly regarded for their time and efforts not only for creating emoticons, but for their kindness and helpful ways with others that include members here and for the missing and exploited.  It's one thing to offer help, but it's another thing to put down others while you're doing so.  I initially wrote a fairly scathing post to you, but I backed it off, thinking maybe you just posted without thinking.  I gave you a chance to rethink your post and it didn't seem to make a difference.  You said you wanted to "help out here", and I think maybe you're the one that needs some help.  You need to brush up on your forum etiquette. (That's manners, btw)   Thank you for your backhanded offer to upgrade our emoticons, but no thanks.  I think we should just keep them, along with the good monkeys that created them.  jmho  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: January 23, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »

oooh, homemade pasta 8D

1. Heyo! I'm new here
and

Bolded by me

Thanks for the offer but we like the ones we have! 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #365 on: January 23, 2011, 08:25:04 PM »

Hi Monkeys!! 

Thanks Muffy and welcome to posting amarathblossom!!   

I just wanted to add that Klaas has made the vast majority of the emoticons and is the ORIGINAL artist on the forum. She actually lives here and just visits California to check in on hubby and Petey!   

Because she always has her fingers on the pulse of the forum, she's been able to whip out exactly what emoticons posters need and want and she's full of wonderful surprises with them too!

We all love to see what's she's been working on and added to the list, and the little monkey face, in particular, is almost the mascot here. You do a fantastic job with them Klaas! Thanks for your art and all you do here, Miss Rex!!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: January 23, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »

oooh, homemade pasta 8D

1. Heyo! I'm new here
and

Bolded by me

I would like to add, we are above all a MISSING PERSONS forum.  Everything else comes 2nd.  Yes we have Musings and the Monkey Lounge and areas to discuss other topics but our #1 priority is Missing Persons. 

If Missing Persons isn't your priority then I suggest you find another forum to "chat" in. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: January 23, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »

oooh, homemade pasta 8D

1. Heyo! I'm new here
and

Bolded by me

I would like to add, we are above all a MISSING PERSONS forum.  Everything else comes 2nd.  Yes we have Musings and the Monkey Lounge and areas to discuss other topics but our #1 priority is Missing Persons. 

If Missing Persons isn't your priority then I suggest you find another forum to "chat" in. 

KLASS,do you want me to stop using the smiley emotions and only use the official monkey ones?   
 I have been using a combination of both. I will stop if you say so. It is no reflection on the ones you've made. I've just got a big collection of smileys and I think they are cute and funny.. I think the ones you have made are very creative and have given us a big laugh. In fact, I have a few on my photobucket that are not even in the more section.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #368 on: January 23, 2011, 09:38:17 PM »

Not Klaas, Fanny, but I'm sure that you posting from your private stash is just fine. I think the discussion has been about the ones in the list available to posters.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: January 23, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »

Fanny - you are fine, no problem with anyone posting any of their own emoticons.  I'm simply saying that we don't need someone to "revamp" the forum emoticons 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: January 23, 2011, 09:50:05 PM »

Fanny Mae, I just love the little emoticons you use.    I find they add a bit of levity when we need it most.  Monkey Devil!   You don't make the emoticons your first priority.     I've posted along side you for a long time now, and the missing and exploited are very much at the top of your agenda, imo.     It's not you, nor the emoticons you're using that are the issue here.     It's a new poster that wants to "upgrade" the emoticons created by members we have for use here on the forum, like    and etc.  You addressed your post to Klaas, but I just a  but wanted to give you reassurances that neither you nor the emoticons are in hot water.   

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:34 PM »

Fanny - you are fine, no problem with anyone posting any of their own emoticons.  I'm simply saying that we don't need someone to "revamp" the forum emoticons 

Thank you KLAAS. I was worried there for a minute. Quiet Monkey gave me a bunch of them, and I have been collecting the for quite a while on my own.

I think the emotions on the thread are just fine too and need no revamping. In fact I am surprised sometimes how quick you come up with some of them.

And CBB, thanks for answering too.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: January 23, 2011, 09:57:06 PM »

Fanny Mae, I just love the little emoticons you use.    I find they add a bit of levity when we need it most.  Monkey Devil!   You don't make the emoticons your first priority.     I've posted along side you for a long time now, and the missing and exploited are very much at the top of your agenda, imo.     It's not you, nor the emoticons you're using that are the issue here.     It's a new poster that wants to "upgrade" the emoticons created by members we have for use here on the forum, like    and etc.  You addressed your post to Klaas, but I just a  but wanted to give you reassurances that neither you nor the emoticons are in hot water.   

Thank you Muffy. I understand about the criticism and I think it was unwarranted. It just made me think that maybe it looked like I didn't like the Monkey ones. I appreciate your kind words and I'm glad to be here.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: January 23, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »

Thank you Muffy. I understand about the criticism and I think it was unwarranted. It just made me think that maybe it looked like I didn't like the Monkey ones. I appreciate your kind words and I'm glad to be here.

I don't think there's such a thing as too many emoticons     Fanny Mae 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: January 23, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »

Hi Green Eyes  

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »

Hi Green Eyes  

Hi Muffy   Sorry I missed you

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »

Zoo:
Morning all.  I will be missing court today, so hope you all post some good stuff.  I think you should wear DUCT TAPE TO COURT TODAY.  Wouldn't Casey love that?  I would love to see Bozo's face if all the people in the court room had some duct tape somewhere on them. Maybe instead of a ribbon, a ribbon made out of duct tape?  Sounds morbid, but really would show that this is about Caylee Marie.

Fanny, if I may ask, what are those things on your monkey's derrieres that look like baloons?  For some reason, I was intensely studying your AvI, and could not figure out what they were.

Zoo, here are some images I found. I saw one in a zoo one time and thought they were hysterical. Since I am not exactly slender in the derrière department, I though they would suit me just fine. I think they are actually baboons.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2011, 08:51:21 AM »

They are also the logo for Monkey Butt Powder. But don't tell anyone.   

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »

...I won't Wink

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »

...I won't Wink

BRANDI, do you think I need some sarongs for my monkeys b-hinds? 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.