March 28, 2024, 06:42:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308531 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: January 26, 2011, 03:54:51 PM »

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/news/article_1614497.php/E-Entertainment-Specal-When-Women-Kill-Jan-26
E! Entertainment Specal: When Women Kill, Jan. 26
January 25, 2011

E! brings an hour long special that shows what happens when women lose it. To the friends and family who knew them best, they were women who doted on their children and were dedicated to their relationships.

However, behind closed doors, their seemingly perfect lives turned shocking and deadly.

E! examines how four women went down the path to murder when the “E! Entertainment Special:  When Women Kill” premieres Wednesday, January 26 at 10pm ET/PT only on E!

The disappearance of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu from her Tracy, California home in 2009 gripped the nation.  This E! special takes a close look at former Sunday School teacher Melissa Huckaby - Sandra’s neighbor and mother of a 5-year-old herself – who eventually admitted to kidnapping and murdering Sandra.  Huckaby’s own mother and aunt, who continue to support Melissa, spoke with E!  They share the experience of having two families shaken to the core by Huckaby’s actions, and the fact that she was diagnosed with a mental illness only after she was in police custody.  Ultimately, Huckaby avoided the death penalty, though she will spend the rest of her life in prison for murdering Sandra Cantu.

The special features three other tragic stories of death and destruction from seemingly happy wives and mothers.

Susan Wright was a young stay-at-home mother of two from Texas who stabbed her husband Jeffery 193 times before burying his body in a shallow grave at their home.  Wright later admitted to the killing as an act of self defense after suffering years of domestic abuse.

She was convicted of murder and initially given 25 years in prison, although her sentence was reduced to 20 years, after an appeal.

E! presents viewers with testimony and footage from the trial, along with insight from all attorneys involved.

Andrea Petrosky is the subject of another tragic story.  She was a wife mother of two who grew up in rural Virginia plagued by depression and incapacitating migraines.

In a phone interview with E!, Petrosky talks about being an unhappy child despite being brought up in a loving home, and the unchecked mental illness that led her to have marital affairs, and attempt suicide twice—all before committing the horrifying act of violence that landed her in prison in 2006.

In addition, viewers will hear the chilling 911 call Petrosky made, in which she admitted to killing her only son.  Petrosky speaks with E! about her life in prison, and where her relationship stands with her, now adult, surviving daughter.  We also go behind bars to hear from Elizabeth Romero, a mother of eight children who was convicted of solicitation of capital murder and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Don’t miss these terrible, true tales of heartbreak inflicted by seemingly unassuming wives and mothers when “E! Entertainment Special: When Women Kill” premiering Wednesday, January 26 at 10pm ET/PT only on E!

If you recall MH was being treated for a mental disorder back when she was 12 years old if I recall correctly. Also the judge who sentenced her during the trial prior to her killing Sandra had asked for a court ordered evaluation. I can't help but feel this family was in deep denial about her and helped sheltered her and now I feel they are sheltering themselves.

BTW, Fanny that avi is so funny! I love it!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: January 26, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/news/article_1614497.php/E-Entertainment-Specal-When-Women-Kill-Jan-26
E! Entertainment Specal: When Women Kill, Jan. 26
January 25, 2011

E! brings an hour long special that shows what happens when women lose it. To the friends and family who knew them best, they were women who doted on their children and were dedicated to their relationships.

However, behind closed doors, their seemingly perfect lives turned shocking and deadly.

E! examines how four women went down the path to murder when the “E! Entertainment Special:  When Women Kill” premieres Wednesday, January 26 at 10pm ET/PT only on E!

The disappearance of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu from her Tracy, California home in 2009 gripped the nation.  This E! special takes a close look at former Sunday School teacher Melissa Huckaby - Sandra’s neighbor and mother of a 5-year-old herself – who eventually admitted to kidnapping and murdering Sandra.  Huckaby’s own mother and aunt, who continue to support Melissa, spoke with E!  They share the experience of having two families shaken to the core by Huckaby’s actions, and the fact that she was diagnosed with a mental illness only after she was in police custody.  Ultimately, Huckaby avoided the death penalty, though she will spend the rest of her life in prison for murdering Sandra Cantu.

The special features three other tragic stories of death and destruction from seemingly happy wives and mothers.

Susan Wright was a young stay-at-home mother of two from Texas who stabbed her husband Jeffery 193 times before burying his body in a shallow grave at their home.  Wright later admitted to the killing as an act of self defense after suffering years of domestic abuse.

She was convicted of murder and initially given 25 years in prison, although her sentence was reduced to 20 years, after an appeal.

E! presents viewers with testimony and footage from the trial, along with insight from all attorneys involved.

Andrea Petrosky is the subject of another tragic story.  She was a wife mother of two who grew up in rural Virginia plagued by depression and incapacitating migraines.

In a phone interview with E!, Petrosky talks about being an unhappy child despite being brought up in a loving home, and the unchecked mental illness that led her to have marital affairs, and attempt suicide twice—all before committing the horrifying act of violence that landed her in prison in 2006.

In addition, viewers will hear the chilling 911 call Petrosky made, in which she admitted to killing her only son.  Petrosky speaks with E! about her life in prison, and where her relationship stands with her, now adult, surviving daughter.  We also go behind bars to hear from Elizabeth Romero, a mother of eight children who was convicted of solicitation of capital murder and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Don’t miss these terrible, true tales of heartbreak inflicted by seemingly unassuming wives and mothers when “E! Entertainment Special: When Women Kill” premiering Wednesday, January 26 at 10pm ET/PT only on E!

If you recall MH was being treated for a mental disorder back when she was 12 years old if I recall correctly. Also the judge who sentenced her during the trial prior to her killing Sandra had asked for a court ordered evaluation. I can't help but feel this family was in deep denial about her and helped sheltered her and now I feel they are sheltering themselves.

BTW, Fanny that avi is so funny! I love it!

Thanks TRACYGIRL. I had to get rid of it. "Somebody" didn't like it and was offended by it.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: January 26, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »

This is another reason why I don't have a personal Facebook and why I don't trust it:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/26/facebook-friends-used-ads/?test=latestnews
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: January 26, 2011, 09:05:48 PM »

I believe the problem was that since Caylee was duct taped and murdered by her mother, the duct tape in your avatar is what someone didn't care for.  Please don't make an issue out of this.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: January 26, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »

NOTICE:

Red has asked me to ask all of us in the forum NOT to copy and paste entire articles from sites, just post the link and PART of the article.  TIA.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2011, 10:21:28 AM »

CHARLES MANSON WRITES A CHILDREN’S BOOK

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/28309/charles-manson-writes-a-children%E2%80%99s-book/
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2011, 10:36:12 AM »

OMG that is scary thought. He is so dam* freaky.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »

Check out the name of the group of Ms. Powell's organization - STFU?????
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »

What on earth? Why would he write a childrens book. The two thoughts don't even go together.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2011, 06:43:51 AM »

http://sewing.about.com/od/homedecprojects/ss/cupidflag.htm?nl=1

Sew a Valentine's Day Flag
By Debbie Colgrove, About.com Guide

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2011, 09:45:35 AM »

How cute!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: January 28, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »

I knew it! You guys are really the absolute best in the world!! Thanks for all the tips, suggestions and resources!  I've looked at them all, and surely I can figure it out with the help!

My suspicion is that there is still a residual of the "future" on the floor, so I guess that the first order of business is to figure out how to strip everything off of it. That stuff never did come off easily! Yeah, IBE, it really is pretty marble; a rich mixture of pink and gray and when treated as it should be, it almost has depth. There's lots and lots that's pretty discouraging about the house that I'm just going to have to adjust to until I can find the funds to change, so making that floor pretty again is a real spirit lifter for me! I'll post some pictures when I get moved........... it will be like a stroll down memory lane; kind of a cross between the Brady Bunch, Green Acres and Leave It To Beaver! 

Thanks All!!   

CBB, don't mix anything with bleach in it (cleansers) with ammonia, it is very dangerous.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »

p.s.  And sorry it took me so long to reply - just catching up reading, backwards.  We had some cold weather drop down on us here, and so I had to go get more shavings for the horse stalls, extra blankets for them, tarp up the chicken room's wire wall in the barn hallway, etc etc.  It's a good few hour's work, but once everything is done it's SO snuggly and wonderful in the barn!  Phew!

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that the neti pot and rinses are already helping.  I love them, after that first one.  Smile

I want to come and live in your barn!

I was talking to a woman whose sister has chickens and because of the weather and the unusual temperature in her area, opened her house and let the chickens in.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: January 28, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »

bought  a shark ..just assembled it..will let you know how I like it..

Have you tried it yet, cookie?   Have been thinking of getting one since I saw a t. v. commercial deomonstration. Can't remember brand name though.

I need one that is light weight, stands upright, and steams the carpets.  Any ideas? 

I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: January 28, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »

bought  a shark ..just assembled it..will let you know how I like it..

Have you tried it yet, cookie?   Have been thinking of getting one since I saw a t. v. commercial deomonstration. Can't remember brand name though.

I need one that is light weight, stands upright, and steams the carpets.  Any ideas? 

I love the shark on my hard floor surfaces..not sure about one for the carpets though..we had a Bissel before and it worked well...but we haven't used one for awhile..

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #415 on: January 28, 2011, 01:45:14 PM »

Thank you Seahorse 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »

Sweetheart Pie

8 ounce package cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 ounce container Coolwhip thawed
9 inch prepared Oreo or chocolate graham cracker crust
16 ounce can cherry pie filling

With electric mixer beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.  Gently fold in the Coolwhip.  Spread on bottom of pie crust.  Top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: January 28, 2011, 09:23:27 PM »

Sweetheart Pie

1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

With electric mixer beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.  Gently fold in the Coolwhip.  Spread on bottom of pie crust.  Top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting. 

MMMMM PIE!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »

I really like that idea. I would make mine out of nylon fabric. I wish she had added the cupid pattern. Maybe I can find one somewhere else. I'm not really good with free hand drawing.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: January 28, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »

Sweetheart Pie

1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

You know I snagged this for your cookbook I am making.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.