March 28, 2024, 07:01:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308532 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #520 on: February 09, 2011, 01:02:29 PM »

Northern Rose I know we are wimps down here.

Monkey Devil!  We are having a heat wave.  Woke up to -14.

I told you we are a bunch of wimps down here. It's 20 and we are freezing.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #521 on: February 09, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »

53 right now in SoCal.  Yesterday I think we had a high of about 74.  Supposed to be a bit colder today and maybe even some rain next week. 

We're under a storm watch. It's supposed to start snowing this afternoon and keep-a-going all night. I'm ready for SPRING!!!

LEP........ I've got the cheap houses and South covered for you! I can't deliver the lack of winter for you though; only the promise of 4 distinct seasons. In Dec., Jan., and Feb., you'll have some snow and some years are worse than others. Come On Down!!

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: February 09, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »

Looky!  I see the cake creating monkey "Monken" in the rafters!  You bring any cake with you?   

Hey Muffy!! I do have some cakes to post & more on order! I was just trying to think of some genious comment for Klaas & her 74 degree weather  It's going to snow this afternnoon ( 2-3 in) & I hate cold weather!!! I'm just very sick of it & am soooo ready for Spring!!  Of course, the kids love it. but I'm stir crazy!!! I'll post the pics later today, Love you all!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: February 09, 2011, 01:15:13 PM »

Does anyone have some decorating advice for Cecilita?  She's opened a thread in Fashion and Decorating:

"I need help with my Dark Brown Coach"

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9409.msg1301157#msg1301157

Thanks Muffy!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #524 on: February 09, 2011, 01:16:44 PM »

Born and raised here in NJ and it doesn't matter where you are.....20 is COLD and well below the freezing point.....I think it's about 24 here right now.  Brrrrrrrr

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #525 on: February 09, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »

Born and raised here in NJ and it doesn't matter where you are.....20 is COLD and well below the freezing point.....I think it's about 24 here right now.  Brrrrrrrr

Thanks 2NJSons    I hear all the time from my brother and sister that have lived in Montana and Idaho for years "you get use to it"   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #526 on: February 09, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »

53 right now in SoCal.  Yesterday I think we had a high of about 74.  Supposed to be a bit colder today and maybe even some rain next week. 

We're under a storm watch. It's supposed to start snowing this afternoon and keep-a-going all night. I'm ready for SPRING!!!

LEP........ I've got the cheap houses and South covered for you! I can't deliver the lack of winter for you though; only the promise of 4 distinct seasons. In Dec., Jan., and Feb., you'll have some snow and some years are worse than others. Come On Down!!

CBB that's the one that came thru here last night. We didn't even get a 1/2 inch of the white stuff. So maybe you will luck out too.  Temps are cold but not much of anthing else. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: February 09, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »

CBB that's the one that came thru here last night. We didn't even get a 1/2 inch of the white stuff. So maybe you will luck out too.  Temps are cold but not much of anthing else. 
But, But GE didn't you hear the Wx dudes explaination at noon today for the reason we didn't get anything.....It was too cold to let the wet stuff down thru the clouds.......loved that one!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #528 on: February 09, 2011, 04:59:59 PM »

But, But GE didn't you hear the Wx dudes explaination at noon today for the reason we didn't get anything.....It was too cold to let the wet stuff down thru the clouds.......loved that one!

I didn't hear that one 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: February 09, 2011, 06:03:01 PM »

53 right now in SoCal.  Yesterday I think we had a high of about 74.  Supposed to be a bit colder today and maybe even some rain next week.  

It's heading your way.    I AM SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:03:27 PM by klaasend » Logged

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #530 on: February 09, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »

Someone please resize my picture.  (and tell me how to attach a file that is not overblown)

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #531 on: February 09, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »

Someone please resize my picture.  (and tell me how to attach a file that is not overblown)

Yikes Blue Moon I think everyone but Calfornia and Florida are ready for winter to be over. I am sure Klaas or one of the mods will resize the picture for you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #532 on: February 09, 2011, 08:04:45 PM »

Green Eyes and other frozen posters ~

The weather in n.e. Ohio is incredible this year.

Thank GOD I do not work, because 4 wheel drive does not
look 2 promising out there either !
It is supposed to be only -05 tonight. ONLY ? Is that
weather man smoking crack, I asked myself ?

I get my daily workout in early, daily, while we have these frigid temps.
Have u ever dealt with a 75# Basset Hound, who refuses to go out and pee ?
Stubborn by nature, but gentle, if not cautious, I could end up out there too !
Pulling and dragging him by the collar out the french doors, those 10" ears flapping along,
and a wrinkled face, "pleading, no Mom, PLEASE !" I am hanging on for dear life, tugging,
and suddenly he spots a bird, or a squirell, and of course without warning,
there go I, also, out the door in the snow. He turns and looks at me, and means to say,
"sorry."

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #533 on: February 09, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

Green Eyes and other frozen posters ~

The weather in n.e. Ohio is incredible this year.

Thank GOD I do not work, because 4 wheel drive does not
look 2 promising out there either !
It is supposed to be only -05 tonight. ONLY ? Is that
weather man smoking crack, I asked myself ?

I get my daily workout in early, daily, while we have these frigid temps.
Have u ever dealt with a 75# Basset Hound, who refuses to go out and pee ?
Stubborn by nature, but gentle, if not cautious, I could end up out there too !
Pulling and dragging him by the collar out the french doors, those 10" ears flapping along,
and a wrinkled face, "pleading, no Mom, PLEASE !" I am hanging on for dear life, tugging,
and suddenly he spots a bird, or a squirell, and of course without warning,
there go I, also, out the door in the snow. He turns and looks at me, and means to say,
"sorry."

It's been a very cold winter all over.   

I had to laugh at your description of you and your dog trying to get him out to go potty. Our daughter has two little dogs so to take them out isn't so bad. We can carry them out and put them down they do their business and then they high tail right back to the door.  But my son has a basset and something dog that when they came to visit us during the summer. When I would walk him he pulled me all over the yard. When I wasn't fast enough I would get the look like come on come on. Son would run with him. Me I am to old to be running.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #534 on: February 09, 2011, 08:38:57 PM »

This is my litle, 75 # oaf, who detests the snow.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: February 09, 2011, 08:43:26 PM »

LEP...It is gonna be -7 or -8 tonight here!
we are really sick of it here too...Spring can not get her fast enough for me...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: February 09, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »

To attach a file that's not over blown you really need to resize it.  Usually the resolution from our camera is too large.  So you can use paint or another program to change the resolution to 72.  OR you can upload photos to either photobucket or flickr or some other free website and you can resize there.   I saved your photo to my desktop then uploaded into Flickr which allowed me to choose a smaller size to post. 
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #537 on: February 09, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »

we are really sick of it here too...Spring can not get her fast enough for me...

Here ! here ! I agree.
Enough is enough of this crappy weather, Cookie !
I am not 17 anymore. It is so hard on us.
What state r u in ?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: February 09, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »

Here ! here ! I agree.
Enough is enough of this crappy weather, Cookie !
I am not 17 anymore. It is so hard on us.
What state r u in ?

good ole Illinois...
I just hate cold weather.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: February 09, 2011, 09:42:55 PM »

To attach a file that's not over blown you really need to resize it.  Usually the resolution from our camera is too large.  So you can use paint or another program to change the resolution to 72.  OR you can upload photos to either photobucket or flickr or some other free website and you can resize there.   I saved your photo to my desktop then uploaded into Flickr which allowed me to choose a smaller size to post. 

Thanks, you are so smart.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.