March 28, 2024, 11:52:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308609 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #580 on: February 14, 2011, 04:52:52 AM »

ok, now I know, the next time you says something is funny, I will go to the potty before watching!
 drunken

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: February 14, 2011, 08:23:05 AM »

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #582 on: February 14, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ! !

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: February 14, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »

All of the Valentine hugs and love are beautiful!

Will one of the mods please add the thread information in Ethan Stacy's gratefulness candle thread? TIA

Done. MB  May little Ethan rest in peace.   an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:46:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: February 14, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »

All of the Valentine hugs and love are beautiful!

Will one of the mods please add the thread information in Ethan Stacy's gratefulness candle thread? TIA

Done. MB  May little Ethan rest in peace.   an angelic monkey
Thank you so much Muffy.  The little guy resides deep in my heart.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #585 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »

Thank you, Muffy! I found the thread just in time to see you had done it!   Yes, may Ethan rest in peace.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #586 on: February 14, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ALL!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: February 15, 2011, 08:30:51 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/02/15/22540/

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: February 15, 2011, 08:33:22 PM »

in regards to the necklace that Lindsay L. took, I wouldn't have bothered stealing it, nor would I have bought it..I think that it is kindof ugly and not worth the money and jail time that she may be facing...jmo...

I know. When I saw a picture of it, I was like WFH.  It was not even pretty.  Boring old gold chain, I personally would not pay 2500 for.

I guess LiLO felt the same way!
Wasn't worth $2500, so she took it.
Makes perfect sense, lol!

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #589 on: February 17, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »

in regards to the necklace that Lindsay L. took, I wouldn't have bothered stealing it, nor would I have bought it..I think that it is kindof ugly and not worth the money and jail time that she may be facing...jmo...

I know. When I saw a picture of it, I was like WFH.  It was not even pretty.  Boring old gold chain, I personally would not pay 2500 for.

I guess LiLO felt the same way!
Wasn't worth $2500, so she took it.
Makes perfect sense, lol!

But don't you know she didn't steal it. She took it to help them with publicity as the needed help getting their name out there. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: February 17, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »

Lol GE....interesting way of giving the store publicity...Is that what LiLo is saying?

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #591 on: February 17, 2011, 10:52:35 PM »

Lol GE....interesting way of giving the store publicity...Is that what LiLo is saying?

I swear Cookie that's what I heard her say last week some time. That she did not steal it she was helping them and they knew she took it for that reason. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #592 on: February 17, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »

I swear Cookie that's what I heard her say last week some time. That she did not steal it she was helping them and they knew she took it for that reason. 

Considering her reputation...I would imagine it's not exactly the kind of exposure that store would want!     Monkey Devil!   I certainly would steer clear of it, but I get upset when I have to pay more than a few bucks for my jewelry at Wally Mart!     

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #593 on: February 20, 2011, 03:14:49 AM »

Okay........... keeping it light!   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #594 on: February 20, 2011, 05:41:53 AM »

To all my monkey friends who are asking about my sister Connie . . . briefly, she suffered a massive stroke in July of 2009 and we didn't know for several days, thus none of the immediate medicines would help.  She now walks with a leg brace and a cane, cannot use her right arm or hand, and cannot speak.  Her cognitive skills are about 80% and as with all the physical, continues to improve.  She works very hard in her therapy and is quite the determined woman.
This past week she started volunteering where she receives therapy.  They have her working in the laundry, washing, drying, and sorting clothes for the patients.  She is enjoying this independence.  Her speech therapist is working with her during her time of volunteering so she can learn some more words.
Yesterday a man she previously dated casually was coming to her house to take her to lunch.  Haven't talked with her, because speaking on the phone is almost impossible.  For example, she was telling me what time he was coming and had to verbally count from 1 to 12 and then verbally count from 1 to 30.  If she messes up, she has to start again.  Anyway, he was to arrive at 12:30.
I am so proud of her and her willingness to work hard and not stay in a pity party.  We had always said we are survivors and not victims.  Additionally, we have a loving and supportive family.  Most importantly, we have faith. 
Words will never be able to express how grateful I am for all the prayers my monkey friends have offered and continue to offer for Connie.  This journey has not been easy, but God has equipped us with what it takes to move forward.  I never thought I would be on this journey again as I continue to take care of my severely disabled ex-husband (it's been 21 years).  Still, God does provide and for His blessings I remain humbled and grateful.  Again, I thank everyone for their continued prayers . . . they matter . . . they really do.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #595 on: February 20, 2011, 05:43:57 AM »

P.S.  Several have asked me if I am a nun . . . no I'm an ordained minister with two churches.  The name Sister is because I are one.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: February 20, 2011, 07:54:10 AM »

To all my monkey friends who are asking about my sister Connie . . . briefly, she suffered a massive stroke in July of 2009 and we didn't know for several days, thus none of the immediate medicines would help.  She now walks with a leg brace and a cane, cannot use her right arm or hand, and cannot speak.  Her cognitive skills are about 80% and as with all the physical, continues to improve.  She works very hard in her therapy and is quite the determined woman.
This past week she started volunteering where she receives therapy.  They have her working in the laundry, washing, drying, and sorting clothes for the patients.  She is enjoying this independence.  Her speech therapist is working with her during her time of volunteering so she can learn some more words.
Yesterday a man she previously dated casually was coming to her house to take her to lunch.  Haven't talked with her, because speaking on the phone is almost impossible.  For example, she was telling me what time he was coming and had to verbally count from 1 to 12 and then verbally count from 1 to 30.  If she messes up, she has to start again.  Anyway, he was to arrive at 12:30.
I am so proud of her and her willingness to work hard and not stay in a pity party.  We had always said we are survivors and not victims.  Additionally, we have a loving and supportive family.  Most importantly, we have faith. 
Words will never be able to express how grateful I am for all the prayers my monkey friends have offered and continue to offer for Connie.  This journey has not been easy, but God has equipped us with what it takes to move forward.  I never thought I would be on this journey again as I continue to take care of my severely disabled ex-husband (it's been 21 years).  Still, God does provide and for His blessings I remain humbled and grateful.  Again, I thank everyone for their continued prayers . . . they matter . . . they really do.
Such great news.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: February 20, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »

Yes.   Great news Sister!   The power of prayer!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #598 on: February 20, 2011, 11:44:58 AM »

What an inspirational story, sister! Your sister sounds like a hero and I'm sure there is plenty cause for mutual admiration between you! Years ago I briefly worked with Aphasia patients trying to recoup language skills. As you describe your sister, my mind goes to a particular gentleman who I had been seeing for months and was making some progress. There was something he wanted to say each week as we worked with flash cards and I recognized the frustration at not being able to communicate it. He finally blurted out "Chicken!" while looking at a picture of a plate of breakfast food. It was a journey that led me to get his wife and play 20 questions and charades, but we finally understood that he wanted 3 eggs for breakfast instead of 2! 

The incident left me with great appreciation for what stroke victims suffer. It's not just the difficulty with communicating, but the frustration with not being understood. I think your sister is very fortunate. My heart tells me that because of you and your family, she will never face that. I'll keep Connie in my prayers, sister! HUGS!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: February 20, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »

What an inspirational story, sister! Your sister sounds like a hero and I'm sure there is plenty cause for mutual admiration between you! Years ago I briefly worked with Aphasia patients trying to recoup language skills. As you describe your sister, my mind goes to a particular gentleman who I had been seeing for months and was making some progress. There was something he wanted to say each week as we worked with flash cards and I recognized the frustration at not being able to communicate it. He finally blurted out "Chicken!" while looking at a picture of a plate of breakfast food. It was a journey that led me to get his wife and play 20 questions and charades, but we finally understood that he wanted 3 eggs for breakfast instead of 2! 

The incident left me with great appreciation for what stroke victims suffer. It's not just the difficulty with communicating, but the frustration with not being understood. I think your sister is very fortunate. My heart tells me that because of you and your family, she will never face that. I'll keep Connie in my prayers, sister! HUGS!
Your story made me laugh . . . we have had similar events.  There are times when our frustration level gets high, for Connie and for me.  But we have a little signal we use -- our grandmother and her sister, our great aunt who was blind, lived with each other in their later years and when our grandmother would get frustrated with her sister she would stick her tongue out at her.  Of course, dear Auntie couldn't see it, but she seemed to know what was happening.  It always caused laughter.  So when things get tight, we stick our tongues at each other . . . meaning I love you but you're getting on my last nerve.
At da mall . . . means it's fine or really good!  Took me a long time to learn that.
Thank you so much for your kind words . . . prayer is the best we can give . . . at da mall!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.