April 17, 2024, 10:40:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 309126 times)
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #680 on: March 03, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »

IslandMonkey -

I think the last post I posted before my leave of absence was in here and it was about my iPad.  Dad had a really bad time right after that and I never came back to see if you had any more questions.  I'm so sorry if you did, and I didn't respond! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: March 03, 2011, 09:36:24 PM »

Hello Monkeys!

I just wanted to say that I've been MIA (except for peeking in when I can) due to my father's illness.  He has been in and out of the hospital and had many trips to doctors.  I'm so thankful for his good days and thankful that he's had a few of those lately.  His latest trip to the hospital was just last week, and he was there an entire week.

I was able to read here occasionally, but never have time to enter a discussion.  I'm so thankful for the updates, and my heart still aches for all these children.  I thought I'd explain my sudden drop off the monkey bus here because I just know that ya'll missed seeing me shake the junk in my trunk.

((monkey hugs to all))

O4Bull
- good to see you.  Sorry to hear about your dad.  I know how hard it is to see a parent decline.

Thanks for the update and stop by whenever you can!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »

Hello Monkeys!

I just wanted to say that I've been MIA (except for peeking in when I can) due to my father's illness.  He has been in and out of the hospital and had many trips to doctors.  I'm so thankful for his good days and thankful that he's had a few of those lately.  His latest trip to the hospital was just last week, and he was there an entire week.

I was able to read here occasionally, but never have time to enter a discussion.  I'm so thankful for the updates, and my heart still aches for all these children.  I thought I'd explain my sudden drop off the monkey bus here because I just know that ya'll missed seeing me shake the junk in my trunk.

((monkey hugs to all))

an angelic monkey

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: March 03, 2011, 10:11:03 PM »

Hello Monkeys!

((monkey hugs to all))

It's good to see you 04bull, and I'm glad you were able to come by and post.     I'm so sorry your father has been ill.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #684 on: March 03, 2011, 10:57:36 PM »

IslandMonkey -

I think the last post I posted before my leave of absence was in here and it was about my iPad.  Dad had a really bad time right after that and I never came back to see if you had any more questions.  I'm so sorry if you did, and I didn't respond! 

I've missed your quivering self, O4Bull!! I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I know it means a lot to you both that you're there for him. Take care of you too and drop in whenever you can. It's always great to see you!!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #685 on: March 03, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »

I just wanted to post this here because Greeneyes is always in Musings... she couldn't post so I told her I would

PLEASE pray for Greeneyes. She just found out her sister has a staph infection and will more than likely not leave the hospital. Breaks my heart, thought her sister was doing so much better today. Thanks for any prayers, my heart is breaking for her. TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #686 on: March 03, 2011, 11:18:24 PM »

JSM-

I'm saying a prayer for GreenEyes and her sister.  an angelic monkey
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #687 on: March 03, 2011, 11:45:55 PM »

Klaas,

CBB & Muffy

Thanks  an angelic monkey

Last week was the 1 year anniversary of my aunt's death.  She was one of my best friends!  She was mom's younger sister and she was only 14 years older than me.  Six months before that my mom lost her oldest sister.  Now, my dad has a terminal illness. All of them are too young to die!  It's really scary that both my aunts should have lived at least another 20-25 years.  My dad is young too.

When I learned my aunt had cancer I vowed to never turn down an invitation from her if I could help it.  I always made time for each and every phone call, even when I was extremely busy, and sometimes they would last for hours.  She lived for a little over a year after her diagnosis, and I didn't have any regrets. 

At the same time, I also made that same vow about my dad.  He wasn't sick then, it's just that he can be really chatty and he tells the same stories over and over, but I vowed to listen each time as if I'd never heard them.  Now, he gets really testy because of his meds, but I've never lost my temper with him (okay, at least not until I hung up the phone)  ::MonkeyDevil::bHe can be really really grouchy.

But, I know that when my dad goes to Heaven, I will not wish I'd spent more time with him, or wish I would have let him tell me those stories instead of telling him he'd already told me fiftysixmilliongazzillion times.  My dad knows I love him, and he's very scared and I can't think of anything that would mean more to him than giving him what I value the most (besides people)... my time.  an angelic monkey

So, no regrets! Life is short.  Love hard, and love much.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: March 03, 2011, 11:53:20 PM »

an angelic monkey Thanks, Janet. 

I've recently started playing "words with friends" (it's just like Scrabble) on my phone during the long waits I have in dr's offices and such.  I have thought of you, and thought I'd love to play you if only you had a cell phone, since playing in person is out of the question.  Monkey Devil!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: March 03, 2011, 11:56:28 PM »

Klaas,

CBB & Muffy

Last week was the 1 year anniversary of my aunt's death.  She was one of my best friends!  She was mom's younger sister and she was only 14 years older than me.  Six months before that my mom lost her oldest sister.  Now, my dad has a terminal illness. All of them are too young to die!  It's really scary that both my aunts should have lived at least another 20-25 years.  My dad is young too.

When I learned my aunt had cancer I vowed to never turn down an invitation from her if I could help it.  I always made time for each and every phone call, even when I was extremely busy, and sometimes they would last for hours.  She lived for a little over a year after her diagnosis, and I didn't have any regrets. 

At the same time, I also made that same vow about my dad.  He wasn't sick then, it's just that he can be really chatty and he tells the same stories over and over, but I vowed to listen each time as if I'd never heard them.  Now, he gets really testy because of his meds, but I've never lost my temper with him (okay, at least not until I hung up the phone)  ::MonkeyDevil::bHe can be really really grouchy.

But, I know that when my dad goes to Heaven, I will not wish I'd spent more time with him, or wish I would have let him tell me those stories instead of telling him he'd already told me fiftysixmilliongazzillion times.  My dad knows I love him, and he's very scared and I can't think of anything that would mean more to him than giving him what I value the most (besides people)... my time.  an angelic monkey

My heart and thoughts go out to you O4B.

You have a great attitude that I admire.

Love your motto: So, no regrets! Life is short.  Love hard, and love much.

I'll be thinking of you and your dad.

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: March 04, 2011, 12:12:48 AM »

an angelic monkey  Thanks, Brandi! 

I'm a little rough around the edges, but I'm all girl on the inside.    Monkey Devil! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #691 on: March 04, 2011, 03:07:13 AM »

Klaas,

CBB & Muffy

OK, I should have mentioned that it's not allowed to make Betty Boop cry. O4Bull, you have your priorities absolutely straight and you have the wisdom to realize what's important and what isn't. The things you are doing are eternal and stretch across the confines we live in. The time and love you share go on and live even when our loved ones cross over. I'm well connected with my family by love across the divide, and you will never live with regret. Heartfelt Hugs coming your way.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2011, 03:08:29 AM »

I just wanted to post this here because Greeneyes is always in Musings... she couldn't post so I told her I would

PLEASE pray for Greeneyes. She just found out her sister has a staph infection and will more than likely not leave the hospital. Breaks my heart, thought her sister was doing so much better today. Thanks for any prayers, my heart is breaking for her. TIA JSM

OMG! Thank you for posting, JSM! Prayers for Green Eyes!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #693 on: March 04, 2011, 07:46:28 AM »

04Bull - Sorry to hear about your dad's illness.  You're a wonderful daughter.  an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: March 04, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

Praying for Greeneyes and her sister. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: March 04, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »

O4 Bull...thoughts going your way... an angelic monkey

GE...thinking of you today as well...

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #696 on: March 05, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »

Evening Monkeys

I want to thank JSm for posting about my sister.
And Thank Lake Eris Princess, 04Bull, CBB, Muffy Bee and Cookie for the prayers and kind words for my sister, myself and family.

It's been a hard time the last couple days.  My sister had her surgery a couple months ago. She was doing well. Went home and seemed to be doing okay. Then she started feeling bad again and they put her back in the hospital. At first they said she had pneumonia. We all thought okay she should be okay. She seemed to be getting better and then things started going down hill. First one thing and another. After many test the doctors told her kids she has a staph infection though out her body. And what they thought was pneumonia was her lungs and lung wall cavity are filled with Staph and it has spread to her other organs.  To say we were all in a state of shock is putting it mildly.

They are making her comfortable and waiting for her to pass away. Or as CBB has started the cross over. I know our parents will be there for her and she will be a better place with no more illness and pain.

Thank you all it really has helped to read all your kinds words. God Bless you all. an angelic monkey
Thank you Klaas for putting JSM's post in the prayer thread.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #697 on: March 05, 2011, 01:26:11 AM »

Oh, GE!! I'm so, so sorry!! What a shock for you and your family! Hon you have been in my prayers and will stay there through this. 

How are you doing, GE? HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #698 on: March 05, 2011, 01:48:08 AM »

Oh, GE!! I'm so, so sorry!! What a shock for you and your family! Hon you have been in my prayers and will stay there through this. 

How are you doing, GE? HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!

CBB I am hanging in there.  It's hard to lose a loved one at any time.  I am so glad we went up to see her and got to spend time with her when she had her surgery.  All of us kids were together and spent lots of time remembering our growing up years.  There was lots of laughter. That's how I will remember her with a smile and laughter.

Thanks CBB

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #699 on: March 05, 2011, 02:26:50 AM »

Green Eyes, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's illness. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers. I know God gives us strength as we need it and my prayer is that He comfort your heart and give you peace. I hope it helps to know others care for you and what you are going through. God bless and keep you.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.