March 28, 2024, 10:51:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308552 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #740 on: March 11, 2011, 10:48:06 AM »

Klaas? I'm hunting you down........... you're not going to wash away or anything, right? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: March 11, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »

Klaas? I'm hunting you down........... you're not going to wash away or anything, right? 

I have my binoculars.  Waiting to see if I can see anything.  We are way to high here for damage to us but people living right on the water might have problems.  They really don't expect too much problems here.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: March 11, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »

2NJ -I left a message in her thread 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9480.msg1314854#msg1314854
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: March 12, 2011, 12:36:20 AM »

I rarely stray off the main threads. I am so saddened in the passing of 2NJ, I left a message there.

I am concerned about my daughters little dog. Her blood work from 3 months ago checked out fine. She gets her teeth cleaned every 3 months and they do blood work prior to that. Motorbike was acting like she did not feel well and tests showed elevated liver enzymes (extremely high...900)... Long story short (yes, I can do that lol) the problem might be contaminated food. Is there a place where possibly contaminated food can be sent and tested?

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: March 12, 2011, 12:48:37 AM »

I rarely stray off the main threads. I am so saddened in the passing of 2NJ, I left a message there.

I am concerned about my daughters little dog. Her blood work from 3 months ago checked out fine. She gets her teeth cleaned every 3 months and they do blood work prior to that. Motorbike was acting like she did not feel well and tests showed elevated liver enzymes (extremely high...900)... Long story short (yes, I can do that lol) the problem might be contaminated food. Is there a place where possibly contaminated food can be sent and tested?

I too am so sad about 2NJ, I was in disbelief when her son told me. 

Contaminated dog food?  Have you checked to see if the food has been recalled already?  Maybe you could check with the FDA?  What kind of food was it?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: March 12, 2011, 11:50:26 AM »

A REMINDER

SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY TECH'S DISTINGUISHED SPEAKERS SERIES

Beth Holloway

Mother of Natalee Holloway, Speaker and Educator

SAU Tech is proud to announce Beth Holloway as the fourth annual distinguished speaker for 2011.  Holloway shares her experiences in facing a personal tragedy and shares how her faith, courage, dedication and strength has brought her through to today.  How does one muster the courage to persevere in the face of sheer adversity?  Do we all have capacity to overcome tragedy?  Find out as you listen to her story.

March 14, 2011
Charles O. Ross Center

Call For a Complimentary Ticket - 870.574.4521

<snipped>

http://www.sautech.edu/docs/Beth%20Holloway1.pdf

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

I NEVER ASK HIM WHY

Pages 100: He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.

NOT THE WORK THAT HAS TO BE DONE.  JUST THE BURDEN

Page 103: I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

I'M TAKING LEAVE OF THE ISLAND BUT ...

Page 189:    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

MY PLEDGE

Page 200:  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professinals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

A CONSCIOUS DECISION EVERY MORNING

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.

FAITH WILL SEE ME THROUGH

Pages 230/231:  I can't say for sure if we'll ever know that answer to whether my daughter is alive or not.  I know it doesn't look good.  But just as that old metal spiral staircase rose from the ashes when our lake house burned down, so too faith stands strong in the remains of this devastating loss.  And just as my Dad built another house around that staircase, I will build another life around hope and faith.  It won't ever be the same.  But I pray that it will, at the very least, be useful.  The hope that filled Natalee's heart fills mine, and I will press on.  Faith got me up this morning, and faith will see me through tomorrow.  And the next day.  And the next.

EVERY CHANCE WE GET

Page 232:  Without hope we are hungry. And on a very deep level, desperate. But no one has to be. What's so amazing is that we can feed each other. We can help each other. We have the power to give resilience to others who are fading. We can nourish each other's spirits and save one another from defeat and despair. Every one of us possesses this power to "love thy neighbor," and we need to use it every chance we get.
______

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: March 12, 2011, 12:00:32 PM »

I too am so sad about 2NJ, I was in disbelief when her son told me. 

<snipped>

Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

WE HAVE THIS MOMENT

Tender words, gentle touch and a good cup of coffee
And someone who loves me and wants me to stay
Hold them dear while they’re near don’t wait for tomorrow
To look back and wish for today.

We have this moment to hold in our hands
And to touch as it slips through our fingers like sand
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come
But we have this moment, today.

Bill and Gloria Gaither

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: March 12, 2011, 09:11:16 PM »

2NJ - Funeral and donation in lieu of flowers information:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9480.msg1315158#msg1315158
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #748 on: March 13, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »

Thank You Klaas

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #749 on: March 13, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »

Very sad news, prayers to her family and other loved ones.

Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #750 on: March 14, 2011, 01:36:21 AM »

God rest the soul of 2NJ and may she have peace.

I am happy that she found comfort here with the monkeys.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: March 14, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »

This HAS NOT been a good day!  Had a fire in my chimney and had to call the volunteer fire dept.  They sent out two different dept's.  My husband got out and turned the hose on the cap of the chimney and put it out before the fire dept. got here  (the fire dept is 9/10 mile from my home).  I am still shaking.  It pays to have the chimney cleaned every year and we did not have it done this year.  Bad Bad Bad.  Oh, one of the fireman fell through our attic into the garage.  I though he killed himself.  Needless to say we have a big hole in the ceiling in our garage.  They felt really bad about it.  Now I am afraid to go to sleep tonight.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: March 14, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »

I'm sorry Blue Moon that that happened to you and to your home..that must have been so scary! will insurance cover the hole in your roof? hope so...try to relax and get some rest...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: March 14, 2011, 11:24:04 PM »

Klaas

I have an update for the missing sisters, Daniqua and Demesha West, from Chicago.  Red had the missing announcement on the Blog page.  I don't know where to put the update.  Here's the link:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Sisters-13-and-15-Disappear-south-evans-avenue-chicago-daniqua-demesha-west-117899959.html

Thanks!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #754 on: March 14, 2011, 11:32:23 PM »

Blue Moon I am so glad you and your husband are all right and your house is okay. Except the hole in your garage roof. Thankful the fireman was okay.  Hope you can get some rest I would be so  nervous and not be able to sleep either.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: March 14, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »

Hi, my name is Klaasend and I am an ANGRY BIRD addict 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: March 15, 2011, 12:01:22 AM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: March 15, 2011, 08:51:48 AM »

I've launched a few Angry Birds myself... 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: March 15, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »

This HAS NOT been a good day!  Had a fire in my chimney and had to call the volunteer fire dept.  They sent out two different dept's.  My husband got out and turned the hose on the cap of the chimney and put it out before the fire dept. got here  (the fire dept is 9/10 mile from my home).  I am still shaking.  It pays to have the chimney cleaned every year and we did not have it done this year.  Bad Bad Bad.  Oh, one of the fireman fell through our attic into the garage.  I though he killed himself.  Needless to say we have a big hole in the ceiling in our garage.  They felt really bad about it.  Now I am afraid to go to sleep tonight.

I am so sorry, Blue Moon!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: March 15, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »

I've launched a few Angry Birds myself... 

Monkey Devil!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.