March 29, 2024, 03:07:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308639 times)
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #760 on: March 15, 2011, 10:40:54 AM »

Blue Moon
I am sorry for your dilemma.
Isn't life grand soetimes ? NOT !

I am happy that everyone is safe.
It could have been  much worse.
God bless u and keep u safe, ALWAYS !

KLASS
The birds crack me up ! 

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: March 15, 2011, 10:53:31 AM »

This HAS NOT been a good day!  Had a fire in my chimney and had to call the volunteer fire dept.  They sent out two different dept's.  My husband got out and turned the hose on the cap of the chimney and put it out before the fire dept. got here  (the fire dept is 9/10 mile from my home).  I am still shaking.  It pays to have the chimney cleaned every year and we did not have it done this year.  Bad Bad Bad.  Oh, one of the fireman fell through our attic into the garage.  I though he killed himself.  Needless to say we have a big hole in the ceiling in our garage.  They felt really bad about it.  Now I am afraid to go to sleep tonight.

Blue Moon - I'm so sorry!  You know we don't often have fires in our fireplace, maybe once or twice a year but in the 16 years we have lived here we have NEVER had our chimney cleaned.  I think about it every year. 

I'm glad your husband put the fire out before it caused any more damage and so sorry the fireman fell thru the attic into the garage.  At least he didn't fall into your livin room or bedroom.

HUGS
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #762 on: March 15, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »

This HAS NOT been a good day!  Had a fire in my chimney and had to call the volunteer fire dept.  They sent out two different dept's.  My husband got out and turned the hose on the cap of the chimney and put it out before the fire dept. got here  (the fire dept is 9/10 mile from my home).  I am still shaking.  It pays to have the chimney cleaned every year and we did not have it done this year.  Bad Bad Bad.  Oh, one of the fireman fell through our attic into the garage.  I though he killed himself.  Needless to say we have a big hole in the ceiling in our garage.  They felt really bad about it.  Now I am afraid to go to sleep tonight.

I'm so sorry Blue Moon!  Thank goodness you're all alright, and I hope you'll get a good night's sleep soon!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: March 15, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »

Blue Moon - I'm so sorry!  You know we don't often have fires in our fireplace, maybe once or twice a year but in the 16 years we have lived here we have NEVER had our chimney cleaned.  I think about it every year. 

I'm glad your husband put the fire out before it caused any more damage and so sorry the fireman fell thru the attic into the garage.  At least he didn't fall into your livin room or bedroom.

HUGS
I've been thinking the same thing as we use the fireplace during the coldest days here and we really need to have it cleaned....My sister-in-law lives in Fallbrook and they are so concerned about fires etc., where they live.

Well they had the fireplace lite for Thanksgiving gathering a couple of years ago.  Her husband made sure fire was out before going to bed, middle of the night their dog woke them their bedroom was in flames (upstairs), they got out but took a while for fire dept. to get up the top of the mountain, did save a good portion of the house but she lost so many antiques, her brand new grand piano, such a mess......Turned out a squirrel had been using the screening at the top as a nest which clogged the flue etc., anyways guess we should all be more vigilant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: March 15, 2011, 02:48:10 PM »

LEAN CUISINE - SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALL RECALL

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9602.0
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #765 on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »

Anyone ever have a Baker Cyst ?
HURTS ! I have 1 on the back of my knee about golf ball size.
Dr. is treating with Celebrex and neurotin (for the nerve pain).

He said to rest it for about 1 week.
I just had knee surgery last Aug. and am quite disgusted now, less than 1 year later.
Any wise suggestions ?

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »

Klaas? Is everything okay where you are? I know there is much angst in your state at this time & it's understandable; I just hope what's happening in Japan doesn't cause a kind of hysteria here. i am praying for you & our country esp. AL, HI, WA, OR, & CA. Love you lots    

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »

Klaas? Is everything okay where you are? I know there is much angst in your state at this time & it's understandable; I just hope what's happening in Japan doesn't cause a kind of hysteria here. i am praying for you & our country esp. AL, HI, WA, OR, & CA. Love you lots    

We are fine.  I'm near the San Onofre nuclear plant but not worried and nobody I know is worried.  We really don't have any faults near us that could produce such a large earthquake and tsunami, they are a different kind of fault.   
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: March 16, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »

We are fine.  I'm near the San Onofre nuclear plant but not worried and nobody I know is worried.  We really don't have any faults near us that could produce such a large earthquake and tsunami, they are a different kind of fault.   

That's good, we have people here looking for the potassium iodide tablets!  The talk never stops about the New Madrid fault, which would affect MS, & "the big one." You just can't listen to every thing out there or you'd go nutso! I'll just pray   an angelic monkey 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: March 16, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »

That's good, we have people here looking for the potassium iodide tablets!  The talk never stops about the New Madrid fault, which would affect MS, & "the big one." You just can't listen to every thing out there or you'd go nutso! I'll just pray   an angelic monkey 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:54 PM »

Thanks, Klaas!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: March 16, 2011, 08:59:10 PM »

Thanks, Klaas!

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: March 17, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »

Hey everyone, i know how alot of us love to talk about our pets here. It's easy to forget with all the devatation in Japan that there are thousands of pets that have died or are displaced, just as in hurricane Katrina. i don't know if anyone has watched this video(I cannot) of the dog protecting a fellow canine. Just the picture makes me cry, so please be warned. God only knows what this world would be like without our pets to comfort us.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/dog-in-japan-stays-by-the-side-of-its-ailing-friend-in-the-rubble

Phaedrus
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: March 17, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »

Hey everyone, i know how alot of us love to talk about our pets here. It's easy to forget with all the devatation in Japan that there are thousands of pets that have died or are displaced, just as in hurricane Katrina. i don't know if anyone has watched this video(I cannot) of the dog protecting a fellow canine. Just the picture makes me cry, so please be warned. God only knows what this world would be like without our pets to comfort us.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/dog-in-japan-stays-by-the-side-of-its-ailing-friend-in-the-rubble

Thanks, Monken.  I wonder why when humans act badly we say they are 'acting like an animal.'  Surely, the animals act better when protecting and caring for their own.

I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: March 17, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »

And, as if we didn't have enough to worry about:   

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/fl-super-moon-20110316,0,5159989.story

Phaedrus
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: March 17, 2011, 04:36:08 PM »

Heartbreaking...   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: March 17, 2011, 09:20:36 PM »

Heartbreaking...   

That is heartbreaking.  There was an update.

UPDATE: CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: March 17, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »

Heartbreaking...   

That is heartbreaking.  There was an update.

UPDATE: CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town.

Answered prayer!  Thank You Lord!   an angelic monkey   

But I do hope they'll bring them back together soon, I know they must be worried about each other.

They made me think of Tara and Bella.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtFTF2ii7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2oYOvx8lTY

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: March 18, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »

They say the radiation has reached California but I haven't noticed anything different

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.