March 28, 2024, 02:08:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308567 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #780 on: March 18, 2011, 12:25:28 PM »

They say the radiation has reached California but I haven't noticed anything different

I'm not worrying (right now) since you're joking about it   ...but please stay safe Klaas! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: March 18, 2011, 12:27:59 PM »

The amount of radiation that has reached the West Coast are billions of time below the level that would be health threatening.  There is no risk.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #782 on: March 18, 2011, 01:29:49 PM »

Japan's Radioactive Fallout Reaches U.S. West Coast

Diplomat says nuke fallout has reached California but readings indicate it's not at threatening level

http://www.foxnews.com/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: March 18, 2011, 08:39:42 PM »

The amount of radiation that has reached the West Coast are billions of time below the level that would be health threatening.  There is no risk.

I swear Nancy Grace is making it sound like the west coast is going to be unihabitable & she's starting to get on my last nerve!   

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: March 18, 2011, 08:51:01 PM »

I swear Nancy Grace is making it sound like the west coast is going to be unihabitable & she's starting to get on my last nerve!   

I haven't listened to her in forever but seriously, people need to chill out about it.  We are in no danger here in the United States from the problem in Japan. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »

I haven't listened to her in forever but seriously, people need to chill out about it.  We are in no danger here in the United States from the problem in Japan. 

I agree..
we are having dinner on Sunday night with a friend/co worker of Hubs who lives in Japan..will see what all he has to say..he is anxious to get back to his family in Japan..he was here when this all happened while family was there..very nerve racking for awhile..My Hubs is supposed to go to Japan in a few weeks for a board meeting but we are thinking that may be canceled...

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: March 19, 2011, 12:16:31 AM »

Righthaven loses second fair use ruling over copyright lawsuits
Las Vegas Sun ^ | Friday, March 18, 2011 | 4:56 p.m. | By Steve Green

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2011 7:55:02 PM by redreno

An Oregon nonprofit did not infringe on copyrights when it posted without authorization an entire Las Vegas Review-Journal story on its website, a judge ruled Friday.

U.S. District Judge James Mahan said during a hearing he planned to dismiss, on fair use grounds, a copyright infringement lawsuit filed against the Center for Intercultural Organizing (CIO), in Portland, Ore.

::snipping2::

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2691169/posts Edit to add correct link.  MB and to snip article, since we shouldn't post full articles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=8689.780;num_replies=785

Oh, klaas, misplaced your address...just in case you and Red haven't seen this..xx

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:53:45 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: March 19, 2011, 12:20:33 AM »

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2691169/posts

haha..can you tell, it's waaaaay past my bedtime!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: March 19, 2011, 07:56:21 AM »

Toler - Here is Klaas's email addy in case you need to contact her in the future:  smklaas@hotmail.com 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: March 19, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »

I agree..
we are having dinner on Sunday night with a friend/co worker of Hubs who lives in Japan..will see what all he has to say..he is anxious to get back to his family in Japan..he was here when this all happened while family was there..very nerve racking for awhile..My Hubs is supposed to go to Japan in a few weeks for a board meeting but we are thinking that may be canceled...

Please let us know what he says Cookie 
I haven't watched NG in a long time either but i was flipping through the cable news channels(like i do constantly) & happened to see that she was now covering the Japanese crisis instead of the missing! Her ratings are prob being crushed by the competition. She is bordering on fear mongering & says she doesn't believe anything the govt in Japan (me either) or the U.S. is saying! All you have to do is watch what our military is doing over there, the evacuation zones & where they're stationed.   There are 600 americans stranded who want out & we're sending help to get them, but over here, Good Lord, you could drive yourself crazy worrying about things that will never happen! Chernobyl's plume floated over the U.S. too & it was a hell of a lot worse than Japan(at least up to now)! You have to just stay informed, keep a level head & pray!   an angelic monkey 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: March 19, 2011, 10:38:04 AM »

Toler - Here is Klaas's email addy in case you need to contact her in the future:  smklaas@hotmail.com 

I got the link yesterday and sent it to Red.  Thanks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: March 19, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/19/rescue-operations-japan-target-countrys-furry-friends/

Rescue Operations in Japan Target the Country's Furry Friends

By Michelle Macaluso

Published March 19, 2011 | FoxNews.com

advertisement

It’s a united inueffort.

Animal rescue groups have joined forces to help the untold number of dogs -- inu - in Japanese, cats and other furry friends have been lost and injured in the tsunami and earthquake that devastated Japan one week ago.

Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support, or JEARS is made up of three Japanese animal welfare groups, Animal Friends Niigata, Japan Cat Network, and HEART-Tokushima to coordinate relief efforts for animals.

“We want to take those pets and hopefully reunite them with their families once the families can figure out what they want to do,” said David Wybenga of Japan Cat Network.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: March 19, 2011, 11:51:06 PM »

Many thanks, Muffy...I had begun to think klaas had blocked me. 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: March 20, 2011, 10:52:57 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/19/rescue-operations-japan-target-countrys-furry-friends/

Rescue Operations in Japan Target the Country's Furry Friends

By Michelle Macaluso

Published March 19, 2011 | FoxNews.com

advertisement

It’s a united inueffort.

Animal rescue groups have joined forces to help the untold number of dogs -- inu - in Japanese, cats and other furry friends have been lost and injured in the tsunami and earthquake that devastated Japan one week ago.

Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support, or JEARS is made up of three Japanese animal welfare groups, Animal Friends Niigata, Japan Cat Network, and HEART-Tokushima to coordinate relief efforts for animals.

“We want to take those pets and hopefully reunite them with their families once the families can figure out what they want to do,” said David Wybenga of Japan Cat Network.

Thanks, Klaas!    

Phaedrus
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: March 20, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »

They say the radiation has reached California but I haven't noticed anything different

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: March 20, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »

Tooooooooo funny

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: March 20, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »

Flood warning in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino tonight!  It's raining pretty hard.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: March 21, 2011, 06:41:37 AM »

Flood warning in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino tonight!  It's raining pretty hard.

Stay safe, everyone!  Prayers going your way!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #798 on: March 21, 2011, 10:45:09 AM »

My sister who has been suffering from congestive heart failure and diabetes got very ill yesterday.
I spent the afternoon with her at ICU.
I suspect that she is going into renal failure.

Prayers for her comfort and the Lord's will.
I feel numb. Many of you can relate I am sure.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: March 21, 2011, 10:55:32 AM »

I'm so sorry LEP, my prayers go out to your sister and you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.