March 28, 2024, 11:02:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308553 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #860 on: April 02, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »

Some of you may remember my Blondie, our blonde lab that I accidentally backed over last summer.  I'm thankful today that she fully recovered from that accident and that we were blessed with many more months of her sweet presence.  She started having seizures a few weeks ago and when they became frequent we had to put her on medicine to control them.  In a few days the seizures subsided but other problems became more apparent, and were getting worse.  She was suffering, struggling to breathe at times...she couldn't get up on her own anymore...and eventually became incontinent.  Although it broke our hearts to do it, we took her in and with all of her humans that loved her around her...she was put to sleep this past week.  It was one of the hardest things my DH and I have ever had to decide to do, but we couldn't bear to see her suffer any longer.  She was absolutely the sweetest girl ever, she was a mother figure to the rest of our fur babies...she loved them all unconditionally...as she did all of us. 

We are all so sad...we loved her and miss her so much; but will always be thankful to have been blessed with her in our lives.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: April 02, 2011, 05:12:18 PM »

I'm so sorry your beloved Blondie has passed on, texasmom.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: April 02, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »

I'm so sorry your beloved Blondie has passed on, texasmom.   

Thank you MuffyBee   an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: April 03, 2011, 12:39:16 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that Blondie passed on, Texasmom.  Our furry friends are part of our family; it hurts to see them go. 

Please click on the link and turn on the speaker, and may you be comforted by The Rainbow Bridge.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #864 on: April 03, 2011, 12:58:52 AM »

IF the dog or cat r indoor pets it is tough to lose them.
I have lost a few beloved dogs over the past
29 years, & it never gets easier.

2 of our shih tzu's r now 12 and 13, and I dread what is nearing !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: April 03, 2011, 03:07:45 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that Blondie passed on, Texasmom.  Our furry friends are part of our family; it hurts to see them go. 

Please click on the link and turn on the speaker, and may you be comforted by The Rainbow Bridge.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Thank you so much grace-land, I'd read about the Rainbow Bridge before and the video was beautiful!  When I had to say my goodbye to Blondie, one of the things I told her was that I would see her there when my time comes. 
 an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: April 03, 2011, 03:52:48 AM »

IF the dog or cat r indoor pets it is tough to lose them.
I have lost a few beloved dogs over the past
29 years, & it never gets easier.

2 of our shih tzu's r now 12 and 13, and I dread what is nearing !

So true LEP, we've lost some too over the years and it is always so hard.  Blondie was an outside dog for the most part.  But as she got older and we could tell that she couldn't see and hear as well, we started bringing her inside at night...or if the weather was bad.  DH would let her out in the mornings, or if it was too cold or wet...I would let her out at lunch.  We'd been doing that so long that I don't even remember how long ago we started that, but she liked that arrangement.  She loved sleeping in the sun, and wondering around all over the place out here; and when she was inside you would have thought she was an inside dog!

I know that no matter how they go, it's hard.  This was the first time that we had to make the decision so that there would be no more suffering, and right now it seems harder than when we've lost others.  I don't know if it will always feel that way... 

Your babies are getting older, and their day will come.  You've been blessed with many good years of companionship with them, and all you can do is show them how much you love them every day.  I know that Blondie knew we loved her, without a doubt...but missing her is still so hard right now.     

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #867 on: April 03, 2011, 06:53:38 AM »

TM

{{{}}}

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #868 on: April 03, 2011, 08:58:40 AM »

LEP  I am so sorry to read about your sister. I just read you post as I just got back last night from Washington and my sisters services. Prayers to you and you sister. I understand how hard it is.  an angelic monkey
Thank you for the kind words.
I am glad u r home safe and sound.
NOT a way for a vacation, huh ?

Hi Green Eyes,

I am very sorry to hear about your sister. Her goodness and good deeds will live on.  I will say a prayer tomorrow when I go to Church.

I am sending a song, because this song always makes me feel better.

"This to me is Love" by the Dubs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGQgbb_Als

Seahorse

Thank You Seahorse  What a lovely song.  an angelic monkey      I have always liked the Dubs.

Here is a song my son ask to be played at my sisters service Alan Jackson Sissys Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCvgXw-Bh04

Thank-you Green Eyes,

I replayed Sissy's Song, a few times. Thank-you for the link. The song is soothing and bittersweet.  If it was not for Adam and Eve, we all would live forever. We do live forever in everything we do and say, especially on the internet. 

A neighbor passed on (few months ago) and her husband donated a box of Swan's cake flour to a food bank. I remarked that the Mrs. will live on when someone bakes a cake.  I hope he understood that.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #869 on: April 03, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »

My heart goes out to you texasmom on the sad loss of your lovely Blondie.
 an angelic monkey  hugs to you and your family. xo
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #870 on: April 03, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »

Texasmom my heart breaks for you. an angelic monkey

So sorry to hear about Blondie...Our pets hold a special place in our heart...they have the unconditional love that humans most of the time do not..so hard to let them go..I admire you and hubby for doing what was best for your precious girl an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: April 03, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

TM

{{{}}}

Thank you sharon.   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: April 03, 2011, 08:22:48 PM »

My heart goes out to you texasmom on the sad loss of your lovely Blondie.
 an angelic monkey  hugs to you and your family. xo

Thank you can.   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: April 03, 2011, 08:55:54 PM »

Texasmom my heart breaks for you. an angelic monkey

So sorry to hear about Blondie...Our pets hold a special place in our heart...they have the unconditional love that humans most of the time do not..so hard to let them go..I admire you and hubby for doing what was best for your precious girl an angelic monkey

Thank you mymonkey, an angelic monkey you said something that I really needed to hear again.  My head knows it but my heart hasn't quite gotten the message yet.  It just hurts.   

This seems to be one of the hardest parts of the day, when the sun is going down and it would be time for her to come in.  I happened to check in here and it meant so much to me to see the hugs and kind thoughts from all of you. 

Thank you all again...so much!    an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #874 on: April 03, 2011, 09:23:14 PM »

Texasmom  I am so sorry to hear you have lost your beloved Blondie.  an angelic monkey Hugs and prayers for you and the family.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: April 03, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »

Texasmom  I am so sorry to hear you have lost your beloved Blondie.  an angelic monkey Hugs and prayers for you and the family.

Thank you Green Eyes, you and yours have been in my thoughts and prayers also.   

(((HUGS)))   an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #876 on: April 04, 2011, 02:46:59 AM »

Thank you Green Eyes, you and yours have been in my thoughts and prayers also.   

(((HUGS)))   an angelic monkey

Thank You Texasmom an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #877 on: April 04, 2011, 06:44:00 AM »

TM, my heart goes out to you! It's like loosing a family member and I know how hard it is! Thank you for posting the picture. You can see the love and sweetness in her eyes. I know she felt the love of the family every day of her life, and when it was time, you didn't fail her by keeping her. You let that love lead you to do the best thing for her. It was a very unselfish thing to do. Heartfelt hugs, TM! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #878 on: April 04, 2011, 06:47:49 AM »

Klaas? I can personally attest that at 6:30am on Monday morning, this forum is well moderated. 3 out of 4 total members online are mods!   

Hey Guys! If you've been looking for your Easter avis, check the link in my signature line. I've been adding some tonight!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #879 on: April 04, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »

I've heard of unusual pets, but this one takes the cake! 

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=G3NueKXS6dk&feature=email

I'm glad Granny Clampett didn't meet Jessica!!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.