March 28, 2024, 01:37:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 308563 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #880 on: April 04, 2011, 09:38:39 AM »

Texasmom and your family I'm truly sorry for the loss of Blondie  an angelic monkey It is a terribly hard decision to make, so hard that we have decided to never have a dog again, glad you have other fur babies to give you some comfort.  an angelic monkey
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: April 04, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #882 on: April 04, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »

BAD, BAD, BAD Storm heading my way; tornado, hail, severe wind, etc. I hate it!!!  Guess I'll turn off my puter.....

Ku's dancing on my feet and shaking.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: April 04, 2011, 04:11:43 PM »

BAD, BAD, BAD Storm heading my way; tornado, hail, severe wind, etc. I hate it!!!  Guess I'll turn off my puter.....

I was just reading about that CBB.  an angelic monkey

Monken,I see you guys have had some damage already.I hope you are safe.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #884 on: April 04, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »

Prayers that all Monkeys in the storms path stay safe. All monkeys that are in the storms path please let us know you are safe after it passes.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #885 on: April 04, 2011, 07:18:31 PM »

Be safe hon.   an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #886 on: April 04, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »

TM, my heart goes out to you! It's like loosing a family member and I know how hard it is! Thank you for posting the picture. You can see the love and sweetness in her eyes. I know she felt the love of the family every day of her life, and when it was time, you didn't fail her by keeping her. You let that love lead you to do the best thing for her. It was a very unselfish thing to do. Heartfelt hugs, TM! 

Thank you so much CBB, you truly have a gift...I've thought that so many times.  And once more, I am comforted by it. 

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: April 04, 2011, 11:57:11 PM »

Texasmom and your family I'm truly sorry for the loss of Blondie  an angelic monkey It is a terribly hard decision to make, so hard that we have decided to never have a dog again, glad you have other fur babies to give you some comfort.  an angelic monkey

Thank you no rose colored glasses.   an angelic monkey

You're so right about the decision being terribly hard to make, I hope and pray we never have to do that again.  My other fur babies have grieved in their own ways too, and have been such a comfort to us...we've comforted each other.  I'm sorry you didn't have that with your loss, and as much as I can truly understand your decision not to have another dog...it makes me sad for you too.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: April 05, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »

We had the bad storms this morning, I hate them too!  At about 8am, it was as dark as night.  We had two waves of storms, with horrible wind...hail...and lots of lightning.  My furbabies were still upset by it all when I came home to check on them at lunch.  I'd worried about them all morning.  I saw a few trees down along the way coming home but we were fortunate and had no damage from what I can tell. 

I'm very thankful for the rain that finally washed the pollen off of everything.   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #889 on: April 05, 2011, 02:20:55 AM »

CBB I saw you in the Caylee thread. Was glad to see you on. Was worried about you with the awful storms you were getting. Glad to know you are okay. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #890 on: April 05, 2011, 03:03:43 AM »

CBB I saw you in the Caylee thread. Was glad to see you on. Was worried about you with the awful storms you were getting. Glad to know you are okay. 

Hi GE! The storms have subsided for now, but there is still occasional thunder. It drives KuBear absolutely nuts and she shakes and stands on my face (literally!) if I'm laying down. She's paced and panted for hours and I don't know who's more worn out between us!

Either she or I need Vallium.......... one of us has got to have some relief!   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:56 AM »

You're so right about the decision being terribly hard to make, I hope and pray we never have to do that again.  My other fur babies have grieved in their own ways too, and have been such a comfort to us...we've comforted each other.  I'm sorry you didn't have that with your loss, and as much as I can truly understand your decision not to have another dog...it makes me sad for you too.

sorry for your loss...
it is always hard to loose one of our furbabies...I think that it does help to have others though..and they do grieve for the loss of their 'sibling'..our surviving dog goes up to every white dog that he sees and sniffs with his tail wagging hoping that it is our Abby who went to Heaven almost 2 years ago..Benji doesn't see that well anymore, but he still can tell when it is a white dog with small stature like Abby..it is so sweet and so sad at the same time..he still misses her..and we do too..

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: April 05, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »

sorry for your loss...
it is always hard to loose one of our furbabies...I think that it does help to have others though..and they do grieve for the loss of their 'sibling'..our surviving dog goes up to every white dog that he sees and sniffs with his tail wagging hoping that it is our Abby who went to Heaven almost 2 years ago..Benji doesn't see that well anymore, but he still can tell when it is a white dog with small stature like Abby..it is so sweet and so sad at the same time..he still misses her..and we do too..

thank you cookie.   an angelic monkey

That is so sweet...and sad about Benji...still looking for his sister.

Thank you for sharing.    

crazybabyborg
« Reply #893 on: April 06, 2011, 03:26:27 AM »

I posted this a few years ago, but I feel like it's the right time to post it again. When my son was little and we had just lost the family dog, he asked me if "Puddin" was in Heaven. Because I had recently seen an interview with a family who believed the answer to that was an absolute "Yes", I was able to agree with them and assure my son that Puddin' was indeed in Heaven.

Here's the interviewed family's story: Jean and Todd were the parents of 7 year old, Cody. Cody had been moping around for weeks after his lifelong pet Sheltie escaped the back yard and was hit by a car. They had always been inseparable. They slept together, played and ran together, and "Buddy" was always there to lick away tears or share a sandwich with Cody.

There was a large Hickory tree in the back yard that Buddy used to lay under on warm days to enjoy the shade. Cody decided to climb that tree. It was something he had never done before, and something his Mother would never have guessed as she was fixing dinner inside. She heard nothing, but when dinner was almost ready she went to the back door to tell Cody to wash up. She spotted Cody, unconscious, laying lifelessly at the base of the Hickory tree. The back of his head was bleeding and his leg was sprawled at an awkward angle.

At the hospital, Jean and Todd were told that Cody's brain was swelling and it was interfering with involuntary functions. He required emergency surgery and his condition was dire. The hope was that by removing the top of the skull, pressure that could be causing the depression of breathing and heart function, could be relieved.

When the section of skull was removed, the surgeon saw what he hoped he would not. There was bleeding in Cody's brain to the extent that an effort had to be made to stop it. Cody's heart stopped an hour into the surgery. There was a vallient effort to save him. The surgeon called out for ice to immerse Cody's body in as the efforts to restart his heart continued. 9 minutes later, a faint heartbeat registered on the monitor. Cody was alive.

It was days before Cody was able to open his eyes and talk, but when he began, his parents were amazed at what he wanted to tell them. In the presense of the surgeon, he relayed to them the scene in the operating room. He said he watched from the ceiling as everybody was putting ice around him and he told his Mom what she was wearing in the waiting room. Cody said he kept going up and he became excited as he told them about the most beautiful place he'd ever been in! He said he was in a field of the greenest grass he'd ever seen and that everything seemed to have sunshine coming out of it! He said he was just standing in the field taking everything in; the colors were awesome and everything he saw was so full of life! There was a rainbow in the sky and a road winding up one of the rolling hills. That's when Cody heard it; that's when Cody heard that familiar excited bark....... and saw Buddy top the hill at a full run, tongue out and tail wagging, making a bee line for Cody! Cody matched Buddy's run toward him and they fell and rolled together in the living grass amid licks and laughter.

Cody insisted that the time there was more than 9 minutes, but couldn't determine how long he and Buddy played. What he did know was that he became aware it was time to go back, and that Buddy seemed to know it too. What Cody also knew was that he would be able to return someday and that Buddy would be there to meet him, just as he had done this time.

That was the story that brought to my mind what Jesus answered the disciples when they asked where He was going. He said, "I go to prepare a place for you; if it were not so, I would have told you."

Do dogs have a soul? I don't know. What I do know is that no one knows me, my son, or Cody better than He who created me. He knows my heart and communicates with us on that level. I know that He bears the scars of the sacrifice His love for me brought. If I believe what He said, and I do, then I absolutely believe that the place He prepares for me will restore all that has brought me joy and more! I believe Cody, not because of the remarkable things he knew somehow, but because the nature of God is so evident in his experience! There was no Charlton Heston voice or blinding light......... there was Buddy. Nothing could have been more custom tailored or better prepared. I believe Cody is well understood and well loved. I believe Buddy is happy and waiting on him.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #894 on: April 06, 2011, 07:27:37 AM »

TM

I have just now read about Blonde.  I am so sorry.  The journey and sadness, toward the end, is indescribable.  We had to make that difficult decision two years ago.  Our chocolate lab was 15 yrs. old with many of the problems your Blonde experienced. I still feel the loss.  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:57 AM »

CBB..lovely story!

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #896 on: April 06, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »

I posted this a few years ago, but I feel like it's the right time to post it again. When my son was little and we had just lost the family dog, he asked me if "Puddin" was in Heaven. Because I had recently seen an interview with a family who believed the answer to that was an absolute "Yes", I was able to agree with them and assure my son that Puddin' was indeed in Heaven.

Here's the interviewed family's story: Jean and Todd were the parents of 7 year old, Cody. Cody had been moping around for weeks after his lifelong pet Sheltie escaped the back yard and was hit by a car. They had always been inseparable. They slept together, played and ran together, and "Buddy" was always there to lick away tears or share a sandwich with Cody.

There was a large Hickory tree in the back yard that Buddy used to lay under on warm days to enjoy the shade. Cody decided to climb that tree. It was something he had never done before, and something his Mother would never have guessed as she was fixing dinner inside. She heard nothing, but when dinner was almost ready she went to the back door to tell Cody to wash up. She spotted Cody, unconscious, laying lifelessly at the base of the Hickory tree. The back of his head was bleeding and his leg was sprawled at an awkward angle.

At the hospital, Jean and Todd were told that Cody's brain was swelling and it was interfering with involuntary functions. He required emergency surgery and his condition was dire. The hope was that by removing the top of the skull, pressure that could be causing the depression of breathing and heart function, could be relieved.

When the section of skull was removed, the surgeon saw what he hoped he would not. There was bleeding in Cody's brain to the extent that an effort had to be made to stop it. Cody's heart stopped an hour into the surgery. There was a vallient effort to save him. The surgeon called out for ice to immerse Cody's body in as the efforts to restart his heart continued. 9 minutes later, a faint heartbeat registered on the monitor. Cody was alive.

It was days before Cody was able to open his eyes and talk, but when he began, his parents were amazed at what he wanted to tell them. In the presense of the surgeon, he relayed to them the scene in the operating room. He said he watched from the ceiling as everybody was putting ice around him and he told his Mom what she was wearing in the waiting room. Cody said he kept going up and he became excited as he told them about the most beautiful place he'd ever been in! He said he was in a field of the greenest grass he'd ever seen and that everything seemed to have sunshine coming out of it! He said he was just standing in the field taking everything in; the colors were awesome and everything he saw was so full of life! There was a rainbow in the sky and a road winding up one of the rolling hills. That's when Cody heard it; that's when Cody heard that familiar excited bark....... and saw Buddy top the hill at a full run, tongue out and tail wagging, making a bee line for Cody! Cody matched Buddy's run toward him and they fell and rolled together in the living grass amid licks and laughter.

Cody insisted that the time there was more than 9 minutes, but couldn't determine how long he and Buddy played. What he did know was that he became aware it was time to go back, and that Buddy seemed to know it too. What Cody also knew was that he would be able to return someday and that Buddy would be there to meet him, just as he had done this time.

That was the story that brought to my mind what Jesus answered the disciples when they asked where He was going. He said, "I go to prepare a place for you; if it were not so, I would have told you."

Do dogs have a soul? I don't know. What I do know is that no one knows me, my son, or Cody better than He who created me. He knows my heart and communicates with us on that level. I know that He bears the scars of the sacrifice His love for me brought. If I believe what He said, and I do, then I absolutely believe that the place He prepares for me will restore all that has brought me joy and more! I believe Cody, not because of the remarkable things he knew somehow, but because the nature of God is so evident in his experience! There was no Charlton Heston voice or blinding light......... there was Buddy. Nothing could have been more custom tailored or better prepared. I believe Cody is well understood and well loved. I believe Buddy is happy and waiting on him.

A very emotional and happy story an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
Thank You for sharing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »

Thank you CBB, awesome story...I know I've read it before, probably when you posted it before; but I truly appreciate the reminder.
  an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: April 06, 2011, 11:04:28 PM »

TM

I have just now read about Blonde.  I am so sorry.  The journey and sadness, toward the end, is indescribable.  We had to make that difficult decision two years ago.  Our chocolate lab was 15 yrs. old with many of the problems your Blonde experienced. I still feel the loss.  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Thank you Buckeye.   an angelic monkey

I'm so sorry for your loss also, and that you had to travel the same path we did.  Your description of the journey and sadness is so true...it's indescribable.  I know we will feel the loss for many years to come as well.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #899 on: April 08, 2011, 10:29:44 AM »

TM

Thank you Buckeye.   an angelic monkey

I'm so sorry for your loss also, and that you had to travel the same path we did.  Your description of the journey and sadness is so true...it's indescribable.  I know we will feel the loss for many years to come as well.

Sorry about Blondie.  We learn so much from dogs, they are good teachers.  I know I have kept my late dog's collar, and things
and I just will never part with them. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.