April 17, 2024, 06:14:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #57 12/17/10 - 4/17/11  (Read 309117 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #900 on: April 08, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

I hope this is OK to post this information.  I am following's Red's suggestion to only paste one paragraph of an article.
My neighbor and cousin have had their e-mail addresses stolen, I have bogus or phantom e-mails sent from them.
Most of you know about this and it is good to refresh our memories because good honest people are sometimes prone to be
innocent victims of scams.  I did not post this on "news of the day" because this happened last week.

Here is some basic information that can help people avoid being tricked by phishing attacks.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10396786-245.html#ixzz1IwTrY6xk

What is phishing?

Phishing is an attempt, usually via e-mail, to trick people into revealing sensitive information like usernames, passwords, and credit card data by pretending to be a bank or some other legitimate entity. The e-mails typically include a link to a Web site that appears to be legitimate and which prompts users to provide information. Sometimes, the phishing e-mail will include a form in an attachment to fill out. One common tactic phishers use is to pretend to be from the fraud department of a financial institution or online retailer like PayPal and ask for information to be provided to prevent identity fraud. In one case, a phishing e-mail purporting to be from a state lottery commission asked recipients for their banking information so their "winnings" could be deposited into their accounts.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10396786-245.html#ixzz1IwQVdDfI

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #901 on: April 08, 2011, 10:44:34 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/05/tech/cnettechnews/main20050831.shtml

CNET Tech News  April 5, 2011

How the Epsilon data breach impacts you

After massive weekend security breach, here's what you can do to protect yourself from phishing attacks

::snipping2::

The list of Epsilon clients whose customer e-mail addresses were stolen is not complete, and is likely to grow. But so far Target, Kroger, TiVo, US Bank, JPMorgan Chase, Capital One, Citi, Home Shopping Network, Ameriprise Financial, LL Bean Visa Card, McKinsey & Company, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Marriott Rewards, New York & Company, Brookstone, Walgreens, The College Board, Disney Destinations, and Best Buy have notified their own customers about the breach. Hilton Hotels and Ethan Allen are also said to be affected.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #902 on: April 08, 2011, 02:31:28 PM »

Does anyone know where Northern Rose is? She last posted on Feb. 12. Has anyone heard from her?

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: April 08, 2011, 02:49:49 PM »

Does anyone know where Northern Rose is? She last posted on Feb. 12. Has anyone heard from her?

I'm sorry, I don't know where Northern Rose is.  She last posted on Feb. 12th, but her account last shows a log in date of Feb. 14th.  That's still a long time...  I hope we hear from her soon.

Name:    Northern Rose
Position:    Monkey Mega Star
Date Registered:    February 03, 2009, 08:25:56 PM
Last Active:    February 14, 2011, 07:47:39 PM

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: April 08, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »

After massive weekend security breach, here's what you can do to protect yourself from phishing attacks

The list of Epsilon clients whose customer e-mail addresses were stolen is not complete, and is likely to grow. But so far Target, Kroger, TiVo, US Bank, JPMorgan Chase, Capital One, Citi, Home Shopping Network, Ameriprise Financial, LL Bean Visa Card, McKinsey & Company, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Marriott Rewards, New York & Company, Brookstone, Walgreens, The College Board, Disney Destinations, and Best Buy have notified their own customers about the breach. Hilton Hotels and Ethan Allen are also said to be affected.

I got a notice from the Hilton Hotels and Disney Destinations and Best Buy..it said that only the email address was gotten and no private info..but who knows?

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #905 on: April 09, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »

I got a notice from the Hilton Hotels and Disney Destinations and Best Buy..it said that only the email address was gotten and no private info..but who knows?

Cookie,

I alway's admire you in your outfits and the fact you ask question's.  Sometimes good questions are better than good answers, keeps us thinking.  Once the Idjets have the names, so much info can be gleaned, that is if someone has their application on line -like my cousin does, she has her cell phone on her app on-line.  I think the culprits are looking for quick money and bank accounts. 

A woman on the news recieve a call on her cell phone, apparently cell phones are public information. The woman
on the news, said it came from Rikers Island (where the prison is located) she didn't have anything conclusive.  The call was looking for her bank account information. 

I am actually thinking of going back to writing in the post mail.   

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #906 on: April 09, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »

I'm sorry, I don't know where Northern Rose is.  She last posted on Feb. 12th, but her account last shows a log in date of Feb. 14th.  That's still a long time...  I hope we hear from her soon.

Name:    Northern Rose
Position:    Monkey Mega Star
Date Registered:    February 03, 2009, 08:25:56 PM
Last Active:    February 14, 2011, 07:47:39 PM

Hello Monkey's,

I thought about Northern Rose last night and came to the conclusion, she gave up the internet for Lent!   an angelic monkey
That is my theory Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #907 on: April 09, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »

Seahorse, Lent didn't start this year until March 9th. Whatever the reason she is not posting, I hope she, and her family are all right. I miss her posts.

2 4 1
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #908 on: April 09, 2011, 01:11:44 PM »

Seahorse, Lent didn't start this year until March 9th. Whatever the reason she is not posting, I hope she, and her family are all right. I miss her posts.

SuzieQ and Seahorse  Northern Rose's okay. Things are very busy at home and needed to take a break for awhile.  I am hoping along with you that she comes back and joins us again soon. She is missed very much.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: April 09, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »

Since more and more of you old farts are getting even older and are tweeting, texting to each other your families and grandchildren you will need the SENIOR CODES.

ATD: At The Doctors
BFF: Best Friend Fainted
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DWI: Driving While Incoherent
FWB: Friend On Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
CGPBL: Got To Go Pacemaker Battery Low
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
OMSG: Oh My! Sorry Gas
ROFL...: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... and can't get up
TTYL: Talk To You Louder?
WAITT: What Am I Talking TO?
WTP: Where Are The Prunes?
WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil
GGLKI: Gotta Go Laxative Kicking IN

So get e-mailing before you all forget what it is you thought you were doing.

Monkey Devil!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: April 09, 2011, 06:54:22 PM »

Some of you may remember my Blondie, our blonde lab that I accidentally backed over last summer.  I'm thankful today that she fully recovered from that accident and that we were blessed with many more months of her sweet presence.  She started having seizures a few weeks ago and when they became frequent we had to put her on medicine to control them.  In a few days the seizures subsided but other problems became more apparent, and were getting worse.  She was suffering, struggling to breathe at times...she couldn't get up on her own anymore...and eventually became incontinent.  Although it broke our hearts to do it, we took her in and with all of her humans that loved her around her...she was put to sleep this past week.  It was one of the hardest things my DH and I have ever had to decide to do, but we couldn't bear to see her suffer any longer.  She was absolutely the sweetest girl ever, she was a mother figure to the rest of our fur babies...she loved them all unconditionally...as she did all of us. 

We are all so sad...we loved her and miss her so much; but will always be thankful to have been blessed with her in our lives.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I am so sorry, TM!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: April 09, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »

First Easter  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #912 on: April 09, 2011, 08:48:29 PM »

Some of you may remember my Blondie, our blonde lab that I accidentally backed over last summer.  I'm thankful today that she fully recovered from that accident and that we were blessed with many more months of her sweet presence.  She started having seizures a few weeks ago and when they became frequent we had to put her on medicine to control them.  In a few days the seizures subsided but other problems became more apparent, and were getting worse.  She was suffering, struggling to breathe at times...she couldn't get up on her own anymore...and eventually became incontinent.  Although it broke our hearts to do it, we took her in and with all of her humans that loved her around her...she was put to sleep this past week.  It was one of the hardest things my DH and I have ever had to decide to do, but we couldn't bear to see her suffer any longer.  She was absolutely the sweetest girl ever, she was a mother figure to the rest of our fur babies...she loved them all unconditionally...as she did all of us. 

We are all so sad...we loved her and miss her so much; but will always be thankful to have been blessed with her in our lives.

I am so sorry, TM!

an angelic monkey

Thank you Sis.   an angelic monkey

My oldest was in with his puppy this weekend, and we all noticed that she kept looking for Blondie...she always slept with her when she came to visit. 

They came in and he had helped us take Blondie and helped bury her here after, his puppy slept with him while they were here that time.  She had gone and laid on Blondie's pallet that was still in the living room and whined and looked so sad the evening before they left.  I guess we thought she knew then that she was gone...

He kept her in his room last night, and she whined at the door until after 2 this morning.  I'd gotten up and took her outside thinking maybe that's why she was whining...she went to all of Blondie's usual laying spots outside and sniffed around and then came back to the door.  She just didn't want to go to sleep without her. 

We all still miss her so...   Crying or Very sad 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #913 on: April 09, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »

She is soooo precious Klaas!  Thanks for sharing!    an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: April 09, 2011, 09:53:30 PM »

So sweet!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: April 09, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »

She's spoiled rotten, lol 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #916 on: April 09, 2011, 10:26:01 PM »

She's spoiled rotten, lol 

But they are suppose to be.  an angelic monkey She is so cute an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: April 10, 2011, 03:33:38 AM »

She is soooo cute!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #918 on: April 10, 2011, 06:03:06 AM »

Elegant.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #919 on: April 10, 2011, 06:04:03 AM »

SuzieQ and Seahorse  Northern Rose's okay. Things are very busy at home and needed to take a break for awhile.  I am hoping along with you that she comes back and joins us again soon. She is missed very much.

Thank-you, Green Eyes!

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.