April 26, 2024, 07:05:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remains of child Tia McShane found/ID'd Missing 2006 Pensacola FL  (Read 4634 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: October 01, 2010, 07:18:38 AM »

Remains found in unit rented by girl's mother

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Escambia County deputies in the Pensacola area say they haven't identified human remains found in a storage unit rented by the mother of a missing 11-year-old.

Tia McShane has been missing since at least 2007. The girl had cerebral palsy and used a wheelchair.

Authorities began an intense search for the girl after her father learned that his estranged wife had died in June.

Neighbors told The Pensacola News Journal that the mother turned the girl over to foster care in Alabama. But the newspaper reported that Alabama officials had no record of that.

The sheriff's office reports that the child's Medicaid has not been used since 2006 and that was the last time a doctor visit was made.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/01/1851722/remains-found-in-unit-rented-by.html
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:10:30 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »

how sad!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 11:21:38 AM »

The still shot on the video is when she was a baby......maybe 3 years old? What a precious child.....
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/search-reveals-bones-in-storage-shed

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 11:41:53 AM »

Poor Tia....her Dad didn't think of her until her Mom died???? 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 08:16:54 PM »

Poor Tia....her Dad didn't think of her until her Mom died???? 

my thoughts as well....

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »

Storage unit remains identified
Updated: Wednesday, 29 Dec 2010, 3:37 PM CST

ESCAMBIA County, Florida (WALA) - The remains of a girl found in a rental storage unit in September have been identified as Tia McShane.

On August 30, 2010 the Escambia Sheriff’s Office responded to 6101 Chicago Avenue in reference to a missing person. Contact was made with William McShane, 37, who said his daughter was missing.

McShane told deputies that he had been separated from his wife, Alicia McShane, for several years and that on July 27, 2010 he found out that his wife had died in June in Mobile.

He said he found his son in Pensacola, who was in the custody if his wife's friend, and took him back. He told deputies no one seemed to know where his daughter, 11-year-old Tia, was. McShane told deputies Tia was confined to a wheelchair and had cerebral palsy.

Friends told McShane that the mother had placed the child in foster care in Alabama due to the medical needs of the child. Attempts to locate the child by way of the Department of Children and Families, Social Security Office and the Medicare Office met with no results.

The Alabama Department of Human Resources told an investigator McShane needed to file a petition with the DFC in Florida to legally locate his daughter, which he did.

During the investigation, the sheriff's office told McShane there was no record of Tia in the Alabama system. The investigator also learned Tia had not been in any type of foster care in Alabama or Florida.

While interviewing friends, deputies learned of a storage unit rented by Alicia McShane on Lillian Highway. After searching the unit, what was believed to be human remains were found.

The medical examiner's office positively identified the remains to be those of Tia McShane.

"With the body now positively identified as Tia McShane, the missing person's investigation has concluded but the investigation into her death is ongoing," said Sheriff's spokesman Chris Welborn.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/storage-unit-remains-identified-as-tia-mcshane

omg it took forever to copy that...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:12:39 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.