April 25, 2024, 12:46:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #33 10/07/10 - 10/17/10  (Read 190427 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 03, 2010, 10:28:58 AM »

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:06:36 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »

http://twitter.com/KATUNews

Dan Tilkin reports that Mike Cook tells him court papers are wrong, that he did not have sex with Terri Horman, just exchngd "sexting" msgs.     less than 5 seconds ago  via web 

http://twitter.com/KOIN_Local_6

#    UPDATES from COURTROOM: Horman divorce proceedings; ruling to come at 1:30 on divorce abatement - http://t.co/U6ZwyyK     about 1 hour ago  via Tweet Button

# Divorce abatement is over; ruling to come at 1:30 p.m. Check back with koinlocal6.com for all the details about 1 hour ago via web
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 03:48:22 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

Live notes from the Horman's court appearance

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html
By Dan Tilkin, KATU News October 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. - Terri Horman, stepmother to missing 8-year-old Kyron Horman, is in court with her estranged husband, Kaine Horman, to hash out their divorce proceedings and other issues.

KATU News reporter Dan Tilkin is in the newsroom and is sending real-time dispatches to KATU.com.

* Follow the Kyron Horman missing child case

Here is what Dan has sent so far. NOTE: Newest posts appear at the top. We are updating this story as posts arrive at KATU.com:

11:50: Dan Tilkin reports that he talked with Mike Cook and Cook told him that court papaers were wrong, that he did not have sex with Terri Horman, but they did exchange "sexting" cell phone messages.

11:33: Terri and Kaine have left the courtroom but KATU reporter Anita Kissee says an attorney has told her the proceeding will resume after 1:30 p.m. and may run until 5 p.m. As Kaine Horman left, he responded to questions by saying he could not comment. Unknown if both Terri and Kaine will return to the courtroom today. Watch for updates.

11: 20 Court has adjourned. Judge Meisenheimer says he will rule on abatement issue at 1:30.  Then they will take up "Suit Money" issue: Where did Terri Horman get the $350k to hire her lawyers?

11:18 a.m. Peter Bunch says this is the most complex case he’s encountered in Family Law.

11:17 a.m.: Peter Bunch: says Kaine’s lawyer has mounds of information from the investigation: “It is fundamentally unfair for Kitty (Kiara) and for Miss Horman for me to be hamstrung in the divorce case for the information I have compared to what they have.”

11: 15 a.m.: Peter Bunch:  “The publicity that’s going on is not being driven by Ms. Horman, it’s being driven by Mr. Horman, when he tells national media there’s no doubt Ms. Horman is involved.”
“If Mr. Horman is really interested in what‘s best for the child, then Mr. Horman wouldn’t object to any visitation by this child’s mother.”
“We’ll concede, Mr. Horman can have the house, right now. Mrs. Horman is going to lose money…”

10:45 am: Laura Rackner, Kaine Horman's Divorce Lawyer: “Mrs. Horman’s request for abatement serves her self interest over what is best for the children. Kiara and Kryon deserve to have what’s best for them, which is timely resolution."
“Mrs. Horman doesn’t state anywhere that her request is what’s best for the children.”

Mike Cook is outside the courtroom. He received a subpoena to testify. Cook is a high school friend of Kaine Horman's. Court records say he began a sexual relationship with Terri Horman shortly after Kaine Horman moved out of their house 22 days after Kyron disappeared.

Neither Terri Horman or Kaine Horman are wearing their wedding Rings. At the last court hearing in August, Terri was wearing a band on her ring finger. Court is now taking 15 minute recess.

Bunch says If judge abates (delays divorce case), he will ask for restraining order changed to allow some visitation. “It’s not in Kiara’s interest to not have contact with her mother… she’s not interested in abandoning her child.”

Peter Bunch said he's asked for Terri Horman calls to 9-1-1, back to Dec 26th.  But was denied by Sheriff's office saying it's part of "ongoing Investigation." He's tried to serve the landscaper, Rudy Sanchez with subpoena for deposition, but prosecutors wouldn't give him contact information because of the "ongoing investigation."  Bunch said Terri called 911 when Sanchez showed up at her house wired "trying to talk to about something".  He also said Rudy Sanchez is an AKA (alias).

Peter Bunch: “She will stipulate to an immediate divorce. If Mr. Horman wants to divide everything today, we’ll do that.”
“She’ll agree to defer the issue of future support.”
“The delay to Mr. Horman if any can be substantially mitigated.”

Peter Bunch: “The danger to her is neither fanciful or imagined. There is no doubt she is in the cross hairs of the investigation.”

Peter Bunch, Terri's Divorce Attorney: “There is no doubt, whatsoever Miss Horman is the focus of the investigation.”

This is the first time they have been in same room since Kaine moved out in late June after learning of murder for hire plot as far as we know.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 03:49:31 PM »

Sorry about the late thread change 
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 03:50:08 PM »

Trick or Treat, Monkeys! ? !

Reporters are tweeting from the courtroom, I assume:

http://twitter.com/KOIN_Local_6

UPDATES from COURTROOM: Horman divorce proceedings; ruling to come at 1:30 on divorce abatement - http://t.co/U6ZwyyK     about 1 hour ago  via Tweet Button 

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »

Sorry about the late thread change 
I am pretty sure that grandmas do NOT have to apologize.  (special status, donchaknow)
 an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/25317391/detail.html

Terri Horman Willing To Move Forward With Divorce

POSTED: 11:13 am PDT October 7, 2010
UPDATED: 11:44 am PDT October 7, 2010
f
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Terri Horman’s attorney argued Thursday that the divorce case involving her estranged husband and the ongoing criminal investigation into her stepson’s disappearance creates an issue of self-incrimination for her.

Peter Bunch said Terri Horman is prepared to work out the details of the divorce and divide the couple’s property, but she still wants the court to put the custody portion of the divorce case on hold until the criminal investigation into Kyron Horman’s disappearance is complete.

Kyron has not been seen since June 4 at Skyline School in northwest Portland. He vanished from the school after a science fair.

Terri Horman and her estranged husband, Kaine Horman, did not appear to make any eye contact upon walking into the courtroom and sitting down Thursday morning.

Bunch said Terri Horman is no doubt the focus of the criminal investigation into Kyron’s disappearance. He said any testimony or questions about finances that will come up during the divorce proceedings may be used against her by investigators.

He argued the situation would ultimately impose on Terri Horman’s constitutional rights. Judge Keith Meisenheimer agreed it would be difficult for the court to hold a normal custody study.

Bunch also made a request for Terri Horman to have parenting time with her young daughter in a safe and supervised setting. Currently, she is under a no contact order by the court after a divorce and restraining order filing by Kaine Horman in June.

In court documents, Kaine Horman said police told him there was probable cause that his wife was involved in Kyron’s disappearance. He also said in the court filing that Terri Horman was involved in a murder-for-hire plot against him.

The judge’s clerk expects the divorce hearing to continue throughout Thursday.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 03:54:28 PM »

Maybe the court papers say MC did have sex with Terri... and, if the papers say that, then Kaine must have some kind of proof that she did.

Wouldn't that by something if MC is proved wrong? If he's lying about that, then what else he could be lying about?

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »

I think Mike just wants to make triple-sure that no one gets the wrong impression.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 03:59:46 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/terri_horman_willing_to_agree.html

Terri Horman willing to agree to immediate divorce, with delay in settling custody to avoid self-incrimination
Published: Thursday, October 07, 2010, 11:30 AM     Updated: Thursday, October 07, 2010, 12:46 PM

Terri Moulton Horman and Kaine Horman met in family law court for the first time today since Kaine Horman filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against his wife.

Terri Horman's divorce attorney, Peter Bunch, asked the judge to hold the divorce proceedings in abatement while the criminal inquiry proceeds, but Kaine Horman's attorney is fighting any delay.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Judge-to-rule-on-Horman-divorce-abatement-at-1-30/GonG6-VnTkmaYBikdxxq7Q.cspx

Judge to rule on Horman divorce abatement at 1:30 p.m.

Published: 6:31 am
Last Update: 12:59 pm

After a brief recess, Kaine Horman's attorney - Laura Rackner - argued that the divorce should proceed without abatement.

"If this case goes to trial now, a year from now, or two years from now it will get just as much publicity," said Rackner.

She went on to say that the reason for the publicity has nothing to do with Kaine Horman, but that it was brought on by Terri.

"It has nothing to do with Mr. Horman's conduct, it has to do with Mrs. Horman's conduct -- she's brought that to the case," Rackner said.

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

Thank-you so it can mean both words and pictures.

Maybe they were "cybersexing".

As many of you know, (  Monkey Devil! ) cybersexing involves having sex through an internet connection.

I tell yah! People have the potential to do pure amazing things to advance the human race to the utmost scientific and technological breakthroughs using the power only computers can muster, yet (somehow) they eventually find the way to use that power for the lowliest, most depraved, and self-serving uses.

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »

Klaas!  Thanks for the updates!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 04:10:23 PM »

As many of you know, (  Monkey Devil! ) cybersexing involves having sex through an internet connection.

I tell yah! People have the potential to do pure amazing things to advance the human race to the utmost scientific and technological breakthroughs using the power only computers can muster, yet (somehow) they eventually find the way to use that power for the lowliest, most depraved, and self-serving uses.

Geez, I guess that I'm behind the times with these things.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 04:11:29 PM »

Hey Monks!  Any videos?  I really want to see facial expressions!

Also, glad to see that it looks like KH is wearing a dress shirt.  The only other picture I saw of him he was REALLY casually dressed (Tee shirt, shorts) which seemed really strange to me.  (I thought they were pics from today, but must have been history...)

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 04:14:50 PM »

Well said, IM.

Monkey Devil!
I guess if I can take Tai Chi online (check. done.) Theoretically, I could.... do almost anything online.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 04:18:44 PM »

My vote is the delay to be granted and Terri be awarded visitation. Until this is all cleared up, I hope the judge awards SUPERVISED visitation and no over nights. Thinking back to all of the crazy rulings I have read about I pray this judge uses common sense in his decision today.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »

Well said, IM.

Monkey Devil!
I guess if I can take Tai Chi online (check. done.) Theoretically, I could.... do almost anything online.

Question being if having "sex" over an internet connection or cellphone could be basis for a divorce, and whether it constitutes adultery.

Very Happy
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »

Well said, IM.

Monkey Devil!

Question being if having "sex" over an internet connection or cellphone could be basis for a divorce, and whether it constitutes adultery.

Very Happy

In my house it would be basis for a divorce! That is if either I or my husband did that. I don't think it is adultery in the sense of the word though. I do believe it shows that adultery is possible.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 04:26:28 PM »

Channel 8 news video:

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=104487169&sec=547787

Anyone know what channels may be covering this live at 1:30?

thanks...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.