April 30, 2024, 01:42:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #33 10/07/10 - 10/17/10  (Read 190557 times)
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »

Maybe James is going back and forth between his dad and mom, don't know, but maybe James really loves his mom and wants to be with her, we don't know this or not. If he didn't care about her, I would imagine since he is old enough he can decide this on his own.

Or maybe Terri knows that her time as a free woman is limited and wants to spend as much time with James as possible.  I guess no one really knows...this family is giving the Croslin clan a run for their money.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2010, 03:43:16 PM »

I wouldn't worry much for James, he's always been taken care of by Terri. I don't think she would harm him, unless she really goes down the edge and decides on a murder suicide, which I doubt.

There was a news article way back, that explained who was paying child support, meaning Ecker, and the situation with the bio-father, Tarver.

But, if I remember correctly, didn't Ecker say he was no longer paying child support (for the past five years.) I think he said he lost his job (or something) and wasn't able to pay.

About the December 26th, I also remember someone writing about this two or three months ago. Was it one of Terri's gofers?

I'll sit down and dig in the weekend, to see if I find it in past threads.

Very Happy

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »

Maybe James is going back and forth between his dad and mom, don't know, but maybe James really loves his mom and wants to be with her, we don't know this or not. If he didn't care about her, I would imagine since he is old enough he can decide this on his own.

Or maybe Terri knows that her time as a free woman is limited and wants to spend as much time with James as possible.  I guess no one really knows...this family is giving the Croslin clan a run for their money.
That's exactly right, we just don't know.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »

NoRose, I am sure he loves his Mom very much. And may even want to assume a protection role in all of this. That he is supporting his Mom, the best way he knows how -by staying with her etc. Legally ( would think) he is able to make that choice. I am not sure on Oregon Laws, but in Mich - the age is 14 to chose which parent you want to live with.

Even so I really feel for him, being that he has lived with Kaine/TH for the last 8 yrs - tossed around from living space to living space, and him feeling and not knowing where his little brother is .. Its gotta be tasking on him. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2010, 03:47:34 PM »

I'm wondering if Terri didn't give up any claim to the house because it's listed in Kaine's name only.  It was strange to me that when Kaine bought the house he put it in his name alone - not joint names.  But, I believe that being in Kaine's name alone would mean the Judge would be more likely to award that house to Kaine anyway...and Terri's attorneys knew that, so they took it out of contention. 

Puzzler, I may be wrong, but didn't Kaine buy the house just shy of the Wedding in Hawaii?

The other thing too could be with all the issues of " Mortgages" - Maybe Terri's credit score combined with Kaine's - caused a higher percentage rate ?? That it was better for the mortgage to be left solely in Kaine's name?

Add she was unemployed/or subbing teaching/or ?? and filled with Student Loan debts at the time.. I would imagine when she and Kaine were purchasing the house, Kaine probably had assistance from Intel..that he was able to obtain " Better Rates" for the mortgage on his own. idk? Sounds reasonable though. I am sure that Intel offers such services of relocation " to keep the employees close to their jobs" with financial services how to make your money work for you, that type of thing - within their Credit Union etc..I am sure they offer one.
General Motors and Ford Motor offer a Credit Union for Employees.

Maybe Terri didn't know the house was not in her name, after the fact, that she thought her name had been added to the title ? Or it was said once she became gainfully employed they would refinance? Don't know.

Just seems strange though with the MFH plot..what would be collateral ?

A little Red Eyed Tree Frog Boy? 

Deenie, you may be right about the house being purchased before the marriage.  I think the house was purchased in December 2006, but I don't recall the wedding date...wait...wedding would have to be "after" mortgage because didn't Terri and Kaine get married when Terri was already pregnant? 

Terri should have known whether the house was in her name or not...if you buy a house in joint names, both of you have to sign many documents for the purchase. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: October 08, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

I wouldn't worry much for James, he's always been taken care of by Terri. I don't think she would harm him, unless she really goes down the edge and decides on a murder suicide, which I doubt.

There was a news article way back, that explained who was paying child support, meaning Ecker, and the situation with the bio-father, Tarver.

But, if I remember correctly, didn't Ecker say he was no longer paying child support (for the past five years.) I think he said he lost his job (or something) and wasn't able to pay.

About the December 26th, I also remember someone writing about this two or three months ago. Was it one of Terri's gofers?

I'll sit down and dig in the weekend, to see if I find it in past threads.

Very Happy

from my notes:

In 1996, she married Richard Ecker in Springfield. He adopted James two years later. Ecker, who now lives in the Portland area, continues to pay more than $500 in monthly child support for James, though he's not seen him in six or seven years. The couple relocated to Beaverton in 2001 and separated that year, and their divorce became final in 2002.

I think maybe you are thinking about the fact that Ecker had not seen James in six or seven years?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: October 08, 2010, 03:48:22 PM »

That's exactly right, we just don't know.

ITA - "we just don't know"

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #287 on: October 08, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »

Just to add -

I know way think that Terri would ever hurt James physically or otherwise. 

Its what surrounds her that is the unknown is why I worry for him. Who is camping out watching " Moulton House" for the latest greatest bit of news? or what have you. That is why I worry for him.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #288 on: October 08, 2010, 03:58:43 PM »

Deenie, you may be right about the house being purchased before the marriage.  I think the house was purchased in December 2006, but I don't recall the wedding date...wait...wedding would have to be "after" mortgage because didn't Terri and Kaine get married when Terri was already pregnant? 

Terri should have known whether the house was in her name or not...if you buy a house in joint names, both of you have to sign many documents for the purchase. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

House purchase: January 2007
Marriage: April 2007
Baby: November 2008 (no, Terri was not pregnant when they married)

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #289 on: October 08, 2010, 04:04:04 PM »

I'm wondering if Terri didn't give up any claim to the house because it's listed in Kaine's name only.  It was strange to me that when Kaine bought the house he put it in his name alone - not joint names.  But, I believe that being in Kaine's name alone would mean the Judge would be more likely to award that house to Kaine anyway...and Terri's attorneys knew that, so they took it out of contention. 

Puzzler, I may be wrong, but didn't Kaine buy the house just shy of the Wedding in Hawaii?

The other thing too could be with all the issues of " Mortgages" - Maybe Terri's credit score combined with Kaine's - caused a higher percentage rate ?? That it was better for the mortgage to be left solely in Kaine's name?

Add she was unemployed/or subbing teaching/or ?? and filled with Student Loan debts at the time.. I would imagine when she and Kaine were purchasing the house, Kaine probably had assistance from Intel..that he was able to obtain " Better Rates" for the mortgage on his own. idk? Sounds reasonable though. I am sure that Intel offers such services of relocation " to keep the employees close to their jobs" with financial services how to make your money work for you, that type of thing - within their Credit Union etc..I am sure they offer one.
General Motors and Ford Motor offer a Credit Union for Employees.

Maybe Terri didn't know the house was not in her name, after the fact, that she thought her name had been added to the title ? Or it was said once she became gainfully employed they would refinance? Don't know.

Just seems strange though with the MFH plot..what would be collateral ?

A little Red Eyed Tree Frog Boy? 

I found it
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Divorced Ecker - Jan 2002
She met Kaine June 2002

Desiree Young said that relationship broke up their marriage, but Kaine said they were already living separate lives in the same house. In August, when Desiree was 8 months pregnant, she filed for divorce.

Kyron was born Sept. 9.

At the time, Terri was living in a condo in Beaverton with her son. James, who was 8, remembers Kaine bringing Kyron over to the condo as a tiny baby.

In mid-December 2002, Terri and James moved into his house in Aloha, Kaine said.

Court records show that Desiree had primary custody of Kyron after her divorce with Kaine in early 2003. Both Kaine and Desiree said they worked out a joint arrangement: Kyron stayed with Desiree at night, was in day care and then spent two hours every afternoon at the Aloha house where Terri, Kaine and James were living.

Unable to land a teaching job, she returned to restaurant work, taking a job as assistant manager at Red Robin in Sherwood, where she worked between December 2005 and August 2006.

At the end of 2006, Kaine sold the Aloha house, and in January 2007 the family moved to rural Northwest Portland. Terri found the secluded, wooded property on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road, and Kaine bought the house.

Three months later, the couple got married in their bathing suits in a small ceremony presided over by Kaine's dad on a beach in Kauai, Hawaii. On Mother's Day, Kaine gave his bride a brand-new candy apple red Ford Mustang GT.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »

NoRose, I am sure he loves his Mom very much. And may even want to assume a protection role in all of this. That he is supporting his Mom, the best way he knows how -by staying with her etc. Legally ( would think) he is able to make that choice. I am not sure on Oregon Laws, but in Mich - the age is 14 to chose which parent you want to live with.

Even so I really feel for him, being that he has lived with Kaine/TH for the last 8 yrs - tossed around from living space to living space, and him feeling and not knowing where his little brother is .. Its gotta be tasking on him. 

I feel bad for him also.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: October 08, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »

Just to add -

Its what surrounds her that is the unknown is why I worry for him. Who is camping out watching " Moulton House" for the latest greatest bit of news? or what have you. That is why I worry for him.

That is certainly a great point, one never knows who is out lurking.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

House purchase: January 2007
Marriage: April 2007
Baby: November 2008 (no, Terri was not pregnant when they married)

nicubird - TY - Excellent

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2010, 04:12:50 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys!!!

Well, I find it interesting that James is living with his mother...very interesting.  I think, that the decision happened between Terri, James and his father.  I don't think Terri could just have James because she just wanted him...otherwise...would that not be something Jame's father could take Terri to court for?

And if Terri is innocent in all of this (not saying she is or is not) she will have one heck of a custody case for parental alienation.

Terri has sole custody of James.  Ecker is paying child support even though he's not the biological dad, he adopted James.  James had gone to live with Ron Tarver his bio dad who lives near grandma Carol Moulton where Terri is currently living.  I suspect that if Ecker were to find out that James was living with Tarver he might fight the child support order.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #294 on: October 08, 2010, 04:15:09 PM »

Just to add -

Think about it NoRose, Nothing is being said to the press at all. Now you have a 16 yr old James living at the Moulton house .. I can see people trying to target him to gain some
" Inside scoop" .. even paparazzi types that take photo's to sell to the tabloids etc.

He has to leave the house to go to school etc.. just thinking about that is scary. I am sure he is already in defense mode. Because of the situation. I hope that he is ok at school, that no one is bothering him. ( His classmates etc being bullies- Hey I heard your Mom did this/that to Kyron) that would be a huge undertaking to reason with - without getting physical for a boy at the age of 16. jmo

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »

Just to add -

Think about it NoRose, Nothing is being said to the press at all. Now you have a 16 yr old James living at the Moulton house .. I can see people trying to target him to gain some
" Inside scoop" .. even paparazzi types that take photo's to sell to the tabloids etc.

He has to leave the house to go to school etc.. just thinking about that is scary. I am sure he is already in defense mode. Because of the situation. I hope that he is ok at school, that no one is bothering him. ( His classmates etc being bullies- Hey I heard your Mom did this/that to Kyron) that would be a huge undertaking to reason with - without getting physical for a boy at the age of 16. jmo

I agree, I hope the press and kids aren't bothering him either, but unfortunately I know better, kids can be mean and the press can push the limit.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: October 08, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »

Forgot about that, the house was only in Kaine's name, so the house would be Kaine's by law, or would the time they have been married taken into account, don't know how these things work. Have never known a married couple with only one spouse having their name on the house, maybe that happens more than I thought.

It might be that her credit was a mess and it would be more difficult getting a good rate with her on the application.  A friend's son married a girl who's credit rating was TERRIBLE...this is what he was advise to do...make sure she wasn't on any credit application...put everything in his name.  Also IIRC if she was sued for anything they couldn't touch the house or car or furniture or bank account if her name wasn't on it.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »

Well, I find it interesting that James is living with his mother...very interesting.  I think, that the decision happened between Terri, James and his father.  I don't think Terri could just have James because she just wanted him...otherwise...would that not be something Jame's father could take Terri to court for?

And if Terri is innocent in all of this (not saying she is or is not) she will have one heck of a custody case for parental alienation.

Actually James bio father Ron T gave up legal rights to James long ago.  Her second husband, can't remember his name at the moment was convinced to adopt JAMES AND HAS BEEN PAYING CHILD SUPPORT EVER SINCE!  But he has not seen James in some time.

So Terri actually could go in and say I want James with me and Ron would not be able to do much.

However, I think James may only see Terri infrequently enough for her to be able to tell the court he is living with her.  Remember she sent James away in January..but told all her firends it was in March.  But he was already with Ron on the farm in February..prior to that he was with Terri's parents.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: October 08, 2010, 04:41:11 PM »

Terri has sole custody of James.  Ecker is paying child support even though he's not the biological dad, he adopted James.  James had gone to live with Ron Tarver his bio dad who lives near grandma Carol Moulton where Terri is currently living.  I suspect that if Ecker were to find out that James was living with Tarver he might fight the child support order.

That was my thought Klaas. There has been no contact between James and Ecker for years. My guess is Ecker had no knowledge that James had moved in with his bio dad earlier this year....until Kyron disappeared, and was still paying child support to Terri. When he found out James was not living with Terri, he might have told her he would petition the courts to modify child support payments.

JMO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »

Sorry about the above post..I see you have already sorted it all out with who's who with the fathers of James.   It does get vey complex.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.