April 30, 2024, 01:46:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #33 10/07/10 - 10/17/10  (Read 190558 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »

You mean they didn't petition the court prior?  They just wanted to make sure the courts didn't have more damning information so they wanted to wait until after they received the Abatement? 

Scarey, IMO.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »

You mean they didn't petition the court prior?  They just wanted to make sure the courts didn't have more damning information so they wanted to wait until after they received the Abatement? 

"Yet, if a divorce abatement is granted, Bunch said he'd asked the court to alter the current "no parenting time" restriction Terri Horman faces to allow some type of supervised, reasonable contact between Terri Horman and her daughter, Kiara."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/judge_delays_terri_and_kaine_h.html

He was waiting to see if the abatement would be granted first?!

Colour me confused.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »

Can you imagine how hard it would be to let go of your daughter's hand to put it in the hand of your son's murderer??? I'm not sure if I were Kaine, I could do it. Terri does NOT need visitation until this is all resolved and accountability for Kyron is established!
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »

You would have thought the attorney would have petitioned the court months ago.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »

"Yet, if a divorce abatement is granted, Bunch said he'd asked the court to alter the current "no parenting time" restriction Terri Horman faces to allow some type of supervised, reasonable contact between Terri Horman and her daughter, Kiara."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/judge_delays_terri_and_kaine_h.html

He was waiting to see if the abatement would be granted first?!

Colour me confused.

Evidence that would come out in the divorce proceding, the information LE told Kaine about Terri being responsible for Kyron missing and the MFH plot and other possible information we are not privy to would likely make the judge deny visitation.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2010, 05:37:49 PM »

Court proceeding have resumed between Terri and Kaine Horman. Follow live notes here: http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

http://twitter.com/KATUNews

1:36 p.m.: Terri Horman lawyers filed court documents that say the $350K she supposedly used to hire her attorneys is inaccurate, and that whatever money they have been paid came from a third party and is therefore not a marital asset.  But they did not reveal the identity of third party.

Just catching up here.

BrAndi  that is very interesting..a third party ponyed up the money...wonder who that might be?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2010, 05:40:22 PM »

Court proceeding have resumed between Terri and Kaine Horman. Follow live notes here: http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

1:36 p.m.: Terri Horman lawyers filed court documents that say the $350K she supposedly used to hire her attorneys is inaccurate, and that whatever money they have been paid came from a third party and is therefore not a marital asset.  But they did not reveal the identity of third party.

Just catching up here.

BrAndi  that is very interesting..a third party ponyed up the money...wonder who that might be?

Her parents?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »

Just catching up here.

Her parents?

Most likely.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »

Can you imagine how hard it would be to let go of your daughter's hand to put it in the hand of your son's murderer??? I'm not sure if I were Kaine, I could do it. Terri does NOT need visitation until this is all resolved and accountability for Kyron is established!

I agree CBB..if Terri will not tell the truth in court because her lawyer sayys it may incriminate her..then this is not a woman who should have visitation with her daughter until her true role in this is found.  There is no way a woman who put a hit on her husband and then likely had help disappearing her step son should be allowed near her daughter without LE standing there the entire time.  No over nights, no alone visits, nada..until she tells what she knows ....and then she can have her visits at the jail.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2010, 05:51:51 PM »

It's all timing.  It's been like a chess game.  A war. 
The only thing Kaine could have done sooner would have been to put Kiara in protective custody.  Or, perhaps, get her a guardian ad litem.  If this is the case, and he got one for her, to protect her and speak for her best interests, perhaps that will come forward next.  Though it seems we would have heard, but probably not because she is a minor....

So, if she has a guardian ad litem... I'm sure TH's atty must know about this.  This is what we should find out next.... whether Kitty has her OWN representation, which is what she needs to protect her.

Anyway, he couldn't do anything other than the above before the hearing.  The divorce proceedings initiated all of this legally.  Prior to today, there was no custody because there was no divorce. 

I'll be surprised if Kitty doesn't have a guardian ad litem.  Frankly, I think this is why Kaine went to Intel legal at the very beginning.  This is the information he was seeking, IMO.  It was all about the divorce.

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »

Correction:

He could have done two things that I know of:

1) protective custody

and/or

2) retain a guardian ad litem.

We don't know that he didn't do #2.  I think we would have heard about #1 because I'm not sure if HE could have held her in protective custody or if the STATE would have had to have done it.  I've never know this for sure.  I'd like to find out, if anyone knows.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2010, 05:56:55 PM »

The only thing Kaine could have done sooner would have been to put Kiara in protective custody.  Or, perhaps, get her a guardian ad litem.  If this is the case, and he got one for her, to protect her and speak for her best interests, perhaps that will come forward next.  Though it seems we would have heard, but probably not because she is a minor....

So, if she has a guardian ad litem... I'm sure TH's atty must know about this.  This is what we should find out next.... whether Kitty has her OWN representation, which is what she needs to protect her.

Anyway, he couldn't do anything other than the above before the hearing.  The divorce proceedings initiated all of this legally.  Prior to today, there was no custody because there was no divorce. 

I'll be surprised if Kitty doesn't have a guardian ad litem.  Frankly, I think this is why Kaine went to Intel legal at the very beginning.  This is the information he was seeking, IMO.  It was all about the divorce.

Sorry, you lost me.

The court granted Kaine sole temporary custody of Kiara back in June.  TERRI has to petition the court for custody which has not been done yet.  The reason it wasn't done is they wanted to make sure they could delay the divorce procedings because they know there will be more damnng information coming out about Terri.  Now that they know that hearing won't be until January 2011 they claim they will petition the court for visitation.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »

What about the second hearing?  Do we know when it's supposed to start?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »

an angelic monkey

I just don't know... this was posted 4 hours ago.  Nothing right now about it.  DOES ANYONE KNOW: Have they filed out of the courtroom yet? I won't relax until that happens.  If they're still in there... this is likely the reason:

http://twitter.com/Fox12Oregon 
Attorney also requested Terri Horman receive parenting time with daughter she shares with Kaine Horman. http://bit.ly/aoacqq about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »

It is my understanding they are done for the day.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

The hearing has ended. KATU will have more on this story at 4 p.m.

2:10: Judge's Reasoning: Proceeding would comprise Terri's 5th Amendment rights: “Some of these issues… may have changed significantly by then. The burden on Mr. Horman, while not insignificant, that’s still within the 8 months we normally try these cases.”

1:50: Judge delays ruling on the Horman divorce until January 6th.
1:45 p.m. Judge: “The court recognizes Mr. Horman finds himself in middle of any parent’s nightmare, any human’s worst nightmare, and that is true by just the fact than his son has disappeared, but to add to that worst nightmare is that police came to him in June and informed him they had probable cause, that in their view it was more likely than not that Ms. Horman was likely involved in Kyron’s disappearance and she had hired someone to kill him.”

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »

Sorry, you lost me.

The court granted Kaine sole temporary custody of Kiara back in June.  TERRI has to petition the court for custody which has not been done yet.  The reason it wasn't done is they wanted to make sure they could delay the divorce procedings because they know there will be more damnng information coming out about Terri.  Now that they know that hearing won't be until January 2011 they claim they will petition the court for visitation.

Correct.  I know, it's confusing.  But what I'm thinking is this:
Visitation/"parenting time" and custody are two different things. 
This is all JMO, understand. 
But, IMO, in Jan. they will have a custody hearing (which will be a more permanent thing.)  Sometime soon, though, today?  tomorrow?  (ASAP, I'm sure of that!) -- Terry will request parenting time.  And, this could begin very soon.  Supervised, probably.  I don't know if it will be today or ??? but very very soon. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »

Well, that's interesting because I thought the judge put these two motions on the same day specifically to save court time. I'm sure you're right, because I understood the 2nd motion was to begin at 1:30 PNW, but now that it's 3:00 PNW.  The saving of time didn't work out after all.  The second motion was about the $350K. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2010, 06:07:44 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

The hearing has ended. KATU will have more on this story at 4 p.m.

2:10: Judge's Reasoning: Proceeding would comprise Terri's 5th Amendment rights: “Some of these issues… may have changed significantly by then. The burden on Mr. Horman, while not insignificant, that’s still within the 8 months we normally try these cases.”

1:50: Judge delays ruling on the Horman divorce until January 6th.
1:45 p.m. Judge: “The court recognizes Mr. Horman finds himself in middle of any parent’s nightmare, any human’s worst nightmare, and that is true by just the fact than his son has disappeared, but to add to that worst nightmare is that police came to him in June and informed him they had probable cause, that in their view it was more likely than not that Ms. Horman was likely involved in Kyron’s disappearance and she had hired someone to kill him.”

Yes, if this is a quote from the judge, I think he'll only allow SUPERVISED visitation, IMO.  He may NOT allow visitation at all.  But I'd bet my bananas that he will.  I'll be shocked if he doesn't.  It's just the way the law is in Oregon.
CHILDREN ARE NOT PROTECTED.

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »

Well, that's interesting because I thought the judge put these two motions on the same day specifically to save court time. I'm sure you're right, because I understood the 2nd motion was to begin at 1:30 PNW, but now that it's 3:00 PNW.  The saving of time didn't work out after all.  The second motion was about the $350K. 

Ohhh... right.  Dunno.
Maybe it will be a 2nd petition (for parenting time with Kiara) and won't be done today, after all.  But, her attorney did state he would ask.  And, I'm sure he will, if he hasn't already.

Everything will probably be delayed until tomorrow.....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.