April 30, 2024, 08:47:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #33 10/07/10 - 10/17/10  (Read 190665 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: October 10, 2010, 09:02:49 PM »

Thank you, Klaas, Brandi!

Brandi~

Could the blue/skyblue container at the Horman's been considered a drum, or could the person posting that assumed it was a drum?  What type of container was it and is it missing?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #601 on: October 10, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »

Brandi,

Thank you for the post of the Sky Blue Oil Drum.

I know here in my area people make " Barbecue's " out of Oil Drums. It is very normal to see a Oil drum as a barbecue.  For it to be cut and welded as one that will open with a handle. It's poor man Smoker/ Que - and it works just the same as " store bought expensive grills etc" .. Or they just lift the top off and use the can as a smoker.

I know too that one time, we my family, were hit by the outer skirt of a tornado - and after it was over. We had 2 Oil Drums dropped from the sky onto our property. That were filled with??? they were so heavy- you could not even roll them to move them, let alone pick them up. They are huge to say the least. Empty or filled Oil drums are huge and stealth. Obviously they are created to hold everything and anything - that is OHSA approved. Chemicals etc. That they withstand Fire too.   

That is scary thinking of Kyron, for he would fit inside a oil drum no question. Oh I pray not.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #602 on: October 10, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »

Now that is a very good question, was there a grid search on the Horman property? I know that I read there were searches on the property but don't really now if that was done. Here is something I was thinking, did the police ever search Rudy's property or close relatives of Rudy?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: October 10, 2010, 09:20:25 PM »

Brandi~

Could the blue/skyblue container at the Horman's been considered a drum, or could the person posting that assumed it was a drum?  What type of container was it and is it missing?

Oil drum:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: October 10, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: October 10, 2010, 09:25:17 PM »

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #606 on: October 10, 2010, 09:27:25 PM »

A good link of all sorts of " Drums " - most of them Blue

http://www.thecarycompany.com/containers/drums/reconditioned_drums.html

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: October 10, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »

Brandi~

Oil drum:

Most definetly couldn't be misinterpeted as a drum!  Thank you again, Brandi!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: October 10, 2010, 09:42:09 PM »

They would need an awfully big hole for that drum.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: October 10, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »

I find it very interesting that there have been no posts on the Terri Horman Support facebook since yesterday.  

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Terri-Horman-Support-Page/131975590176118
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #610 on: October 10, 2010, 09:56:27 PM »

When I read the headline of Brandi's contribution - photo with requests

Hunters, Hikers, and Bikers - Metal comes to mind, over than plastic - thinking of drums.

Being that it is a request of those who spend time " Outdoors" that it would be a metal drum. One that would have been used as a waste receptacle - that maybe be on a " known path" on the Sauvie .. that is now missing. Something along that line ?? I don't know.

News Article of a clean up on the Sauvie and surrounding areas:
They talk about " old chemical drums being found"
http://www.beachconnection.net/news/cleanu092510_705.php

Landfill on Sauvie Island, I cannot find " Yet" the link but found the EPA website that offers up knowledge of the landfill itself.
http://www.deq.state.or.us/lq/ECSI/ecsidetail.asp?seqnbr=4409
The address of the landfill on the Sauvie Island that I have found:
14444 NW Gillihan Loop Rd Burlington 97231

somehow though I think something is wrong within the address, I am still digging.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #611 on: October 10, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »

I find it very interesting that there have been no posts on the Terri Horman Support facebook since yesterday.  

Maybe the crazies are resting up for Halloween?

Klaas, thanks for posting the picture of Kyron and Kaine in the pumpkin patch. It breaks my heart, but it's a truly wonderful picture.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: October 10, 2010, 09:56:52 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264#!/notes/missing-kyron-horman/thank-you-sleepy-ridge-farms/152996984737734

Thank You Sleepy Ridge Farms
by Missing Kyron Horman on Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 6:31pm

Tracy, thank you so much for all the hard work and love you and your family put into the Trees of Hope fundraiser for Kyron. You are all very special people...For those of you who wanted to attend but were a little put off by the weather Sleepy Ridge Farms is extending their Garden Nursery Fundraiser for Kyron -

Oct 11-16th, 10-6pm.. 50% of all plant and tree sales will be donated to the Kyron Horman Foundation...

Sleepy Ridge Farms..

28995 S. Beavercreek Rd.,

Mulino, Oregon
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: October 10, 2010, 09:58:22 PM »

Hi Monks--Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  I, too, have no emotional attachment to anyone in this case.  I do hope that Kyron will be returned home safe, but I certainly doubt it.

What I wanted to say is that I don't understand that Terri can claim to have rights and that the courts disregard Kaine's right to divorce her.  Why do her rights trump his?  He is equally entitled to retain his rights under the law to get rid of her.

I believe what is considered reasonable in Oregon is 6 months and the Judge said a January hearing would fit into the 6 month window.

Thanks, Klaas.  That makes sense.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: October 10, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »

When I read the headline of Brandi's contribution - photo with requests

Hunters, Hikers, and Bikers - Metal comes to mind, over than plastic - thinking of drums.

Being that it is a request of those who spend time " Outdoors" that it would be a metal drum. One that would have been used as a waste receptacle - that maybe be on a " known path" on the Sauvie .. that is now missing. Something along that line ?? I don't know.

News Article of a clean up on the Sauvie and surrounding areas:
They talk about " old chemical drums being found"
http://www.beachconnection.net/news/cleanu092510_705.php

Landfill on Sauvie Island, I cannot find " Yet" the link but found the EPA website that offers up knowledge of the landfill itself.
http://www.deq.state.or.us/lq/ECSI/ecsidetail.asp?seqnbr=4409
The address of the landfill on the Sauvie Island that I have found:
14444 NW Gillihan Loop Rd Burlington 97231

somehow though I think something is wrong within the address, I am still digging.

http://www.deq.state.or.us/lq/pubs/factsheets/sw/ESCOSauvieIsland.pdf
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: October 10, 2010, 10:03:41 PM »

This has the location of the fill on a map and an aerial view:

http://www.deq.state.or.us/Webdocs/Forms/Output/FPController.ashx?SourceId=4409&SourceIdType=11

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #616 on: October 10, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »

Maybe the crazies are resting up for Halloween?

Klaas, thanks for posting the picture of Kyron and Kaine in the pumpkin patch. It breaks my heart, but it's a truly wonderful picture.

They aren't even doing much on their discussions either...Cbb, it has always been my opinion "crazies" don't need much rest...scary thought...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Terri-Horman-Support-Page/131975590176118#!/board.php?uid=131975590176118

I too like that picture of Kyron and Kaine, finding their pumpkins together, kinda bittersweet.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #617 on: October 10, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »

I can't seem to find anything within the ESCO site itself. That they are the corp that owns and runs the Landfill on Sauvie Island.

Found one article as of March 2010

http://www.northportlandneighborhood.net/sentinel/node/5958
snip:
In a few short years, Jeff Joslin went from mild-mannered land-use manager to headline-making rabble-rouser to redeveloper of Clackamas County’s decommissioned Bull Run Powerhouse.

Joslin made waves — and Sentinel headlines — in late 2007 when he spent nearly $40,000 of his own money fighting the expansion of the ESCO landfill across from his Sauvie Island property on Northwest Gillihan Road. At the time, he was still a city of Portland planner.
The 25-acre site was used by ESCO to dump industrial foundry, which mixed with rainwater and drained onto Joslin’s property, where certain parcels of land were listed on the National Wetlands Registry.

Other neighbors joined Joslin in his opposition to ESCO’s appeal to Multnomah County for a conditional-use permit that would allow them to exceed by 14 feet the dump limit that was authorized at that time. Joslin worked his city planning connections to hire hydrologists, lawyers, and land-use planners, but the cost of doing so required him to sell his fishing boat and a 1997 Porsche 911 to fund his efforts.
----------
http://sauvieisland.org/2009/10/04/2006-2008/

snip:

2006-2008 – Proposed Expansion, Esco Industrial Landfill

Case File #T2-06-121
December, 2006. “Proposed expansion of Esco’s industrial landfill on the southern end of the island would allow the dump to grow to a height of 45 feet on a site that is zoned for farming. The 25-acre site has been used to dump foundry by-products since 1977.

In 2004 DEQ cited the dump for leaching chemicals—including uranium at levels exceeding drinking water standards—into the groundwater.” Adjacent property owner Jeff Joslin leads a group of opponents, “Sauvie Island Friends for Environmental Safety (SAFER).”

November 18, 2007. Informational presentation on island with representatives from Esco and DEQ.

March 20, 2008. Multnomah County approves Esco’s proposal.

April 3, 2008. Jeff Joslin/SAFER files appeal.

May 12, 2008. Appeals hearing. More than 100 people show up to testify/ support the appeal.

July 11, 2008. Esco withdraws application.

November 15, 2008. NW Examiner/Sentinel honors island activist Jeff Joslin with the Alfred Edelman Environmental Award at the Community Awards ceremony.
—compiled from Sentinel News Service reporting
---------------

Seems almost a sacrilege to put a Landfill on the Sauvie Island - since it is so small and most of its land is farming/or protected..  disturbing.

I can't find it noted or recognized as a landfill on the Esco site itself. The site is of everything and anything - not mentioning " Landfills" as a priority.

Link to the Esco Corp: http://escocorp.com/
Maybe another Monkey can find it. I simply am at a loss. It shows though within the Esco Site that they have their fingers and toes into so many different branches - that landfills may be their least considered. Or they are no longer in the business of Landfills - Idk. I can't seem to find anything within my searches that shows them owner / operator of the landfill that is on The Sauvie.

I think I need an Oregon Monkey to explain this to me.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: October 10, 2010, 10:33:47 PM »

The Sauvie Landfill is on the southern most tip of Sauviie Island:

I've put a star on the location here:

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #619 on: October 10, 2010, 10:41:04 PM »

Thank You Klaas, that is a lot of land area 1 and 4.  When I read the words " covered" to me in my knowledge of working for BFI Arbor Hills Landfill for 5 yrs --

Covered means its " Capped" its filled, Its done.  No more can be done with it.

The other area though I don't know what to think, is it run off, is it pond? the purpose for it?
that is what boggles my mind on this ESCO site that is supposedly to own/operate the landfill on the Sauvie ( I have a feeling they do not own/operate it any longer) but the other section looks like a water way - or run off pond.

The landfill that I worked at, we had no water standing in a lake type scenario, but we had trenches/moats very deep that surrounded the capped areas and the active areas of the landfill.

Lets just say " No One would want to take a dip or stick their toe's in it" it was Garbage Juice at its finest - leachate. Pure swill - and we had a company that would come and pump out 1000's of gallons - every week of Leachate.

The " capped" closed areas were used for other GREEN technology - they created a co-generation plant that was Run off of " the gases" " Methane" from the capped area  ( yet still produced leachate which had to be pumped out and removed) - Methane created electricity.  Enough to support the entire landfill and possibly the homes surrounding within countless miles of circumference. When I think of water though within a landfill, our sister landfills "at that time"  it would be a retention pond of some sort as it was the only way the waste water would spill into too ..because it was a smaller landfill in size.. yet it would not stay for long, it would be very toxic. It would have to be removed and sent to a water refinery - " Cleaned up and put through the Clorox System" and then Put right back into the city water system. Wonder why I won't drink Tap Water till this day -

Thinking of Retention ponds though - uughh. Bringing me right back to Sandra Cantu. Every time I turn around, within Kyron I think of Sandra.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.